Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineBrennen
Magic

Loc: Canada
My completely pure friend is doing mush. Need advice.
    #3865614 - 03/04/05 12:59 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Ok. My friend is trying shrooms for her first time. She's never smoked pot, never drank alcohol, never done anything. She has no idea what "being high" feels like. It wouldn't be bad to give her 2g of mush for her first time on anything, would it?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

Re: My completely pure friend is doing mush. Need advice. [Re: Brennen]
    #3865627 - 03/04/05 01:04 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

2 g is what I'd consider a safe amount.
Though I wonder how ready she will be for the mush, considering her total lack of experience with mind alteration. And, as you (probably) know, the shrooms can be a mind fuck and a half.

Just hope you don't turn her away from all drugs.

--------------------

OfflinePupenhause
Toughguy
Male User Gallery
Loc: over here
Re: My completely pure friend is doing mush. Need advice. [Re: jux]
    #3865641 - 03/04/05 01:06 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i think maybe you should start her out with 1-1 1/2.

OfflineBrennen
Magic

#3865649 - 03/04/05 01:08 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Ya. I've suggested smoking pot first, but she's a singer, and doesn't like the smoke factor. Since she has no idea what to expect, I'm afraid she'll freak out and have a bad trip. What do u think the chances are of her having a bad trip?

--------------------
I hate young ravers, except their money

OfflineSkinnymofo
lalala
Loc: Seattle
    #3865699 - 03/04/05 01:19 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

if shes level headed and not crazy she will probably have a wonderful time, if she doesnt like smoking, make her a brownie =)

OfflineBrennen
Magic

Re: My completely pure friend is doing mush. Need advice. [Re: Skinnymofo]
    #3865732 - 03/04/05 01:28 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Ya. She's pretty levelheaded. Is there anything I can do to limit the chances of her having a bad trip?

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

Re: My completely pure friend is doing mush. Need advice. [Re: Skinnymofo]
    #3865743 - 03/04/05 01:31 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Skinnymofo said:
if shes level headed and not crazy she will probably have a wonderful time, if she doesnt like smoking, make her a brownie =)

Hell yeah, make her some weed brownies. That is seriously an excellent idea. The effects last for a while (like a trip) and will allow her to experience mind altering drugs without inducing the additional risks associated with a trip. Besides, everyone loves brownines  :crazy2:

--------------------

OfflineVeter
Stranger
 User Gallery

#3866176 - 03/04/05 03:52 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Before I ever did any drug ever(alcohol or pot, etc), I tripped on 2ce. I had a pretty pleasurable experience and only slightly freaked out when I lost all sense of reality. 2ce lasts a good 12 hours, so Im sure if it only lasted 6 like shrooms, i would have been fine.
If your friend is smart and just knows that its just a drug that will go away, shell be completely fine. Just make sure she goes into it knowing that itll go away no matter what happens.

--------------------
Let the Demons have their place, if so, it's angels you'll create.

Offlinerdnp2035
Stranger

Re: My completely pure friend is doing mush. Need advice. [Re: Veter]
    #3867143 - 03/04/05 11:43 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I had a friend who did the same thing..about 2 grams, minimal if any pot use ever. And she had a great time. Although she did blow off the experience later..it didn't fit into her paradigm.

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: My completely pure friend is doing mush. Need advice. [Re: rdnp2035]
    #3876005 - 03/06/05 05:01 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I gave my g/f shrooms for her first time only a few months after introducing her to weed, alcohol, tobacco, and sex (at age 19! I really corrupted the girl!lol!)

She freaked out pretty bad, had some good moments too, but overall had a bad trip. I find that most females usually freak out on shrooms, no matter what. I think it's their hormones or something. I mean girls are already super emotional anyways.

But my g/f has really strong convictions, a lot of anxiety, and a lot of insecurities that come out very often. She doesn't even like to smoke pot because she has (what resembles) bad trips on it!

I suppose that if she WANTS to do it than let her try. But like I said, girls don't usually like shrooms. I think they like acid more... and they definitely love BEANS!! LOL! yeah man, give her some beans! j/k!

I would say give her 2-2.5 grams. That is good for any beginners dose.

good luck!

Offlinephi1618
old hand

#3876996 - 03/06/05 01:37 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

2g should be ok, as long as she's mentally in a good place. Just make sure she's in a pleasant and familiar environment, with people she trusts. Make sure she has some idea of what to expect before hand, ie. duration, the possibility of confusion.

I don't think that it is in any way necessary to try pot before mushrooms. If she wants to try pot at some point, brownies are the way to go.

Offlinebjjrevol
Jiujitsuka

Loc: AZ
    #3877034 - 03/06/05 01:46 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

The first drug besides alcohol I tried was an eigth of shrooms, with several fairly experienced psychonauts. I was a serious straightedge kid, an air force cadet at the time, not so much anymore, haha, but in spite of what now seem to me to be intense efforts on my part to make the trip go bad, I had a great time. As long as your friend can carry the understanding with her that it's all in her head, she should be fine on two grams. Incidentally, I weighed about 135 at the time, so even high dose and low bodyweight don't guarantee a bad first time. I'd be hesitant to extrapolate that this is a good idea for everybody, but your friend shouldn't be at too great a risk.

--------------------
"If God wanted people to die with dignity, He wouldn't have created modern medical technology capable of artificially prolonging life." - The Onion

"What is best in life? To crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laugh at the weeping of their women."
- Conan the Barbarian

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: My completely pure friend is doing mush. Need advice. [Re: dr0mni]
    #3877183 - 03/06/05 02:35 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

dr0mni said:
I gave my g/f shrooms for her first time only a few months after introducing her to weed, alcohol, tobacco, and sex (at age 19! I really corrupted the girl!lol!)

She freaked out pretty bad, had some good moments too, but overall had a bad trip. I find that most females usually freak out on shrooms, no matter what. I think it's their hormones or something. I mean girls are already super emotional anyways.

But my g/f has really strong convictions, a lot of anxiety, and a lot of insecurities that come out very often. She doesn't even like to smoke pot because she has (what resembles) bad trips on it!

I suppose that if she WANTS to do it than let her try. But like I said, girls don't usually like shrooms. I think they like acid more... and they definitely love BEANS!! LOL! yeah man, give her some beans! j/k!

I would say give her 2-2.5 grams. That is good for any beginners dose.

good luck!

I don't think it has anything to do with what sex a person is.

One of my friends that is a guy has bad trips, and he doesn't like to smoke weed because he also gets into a bad place and starts to trip out.

I know girls that eat mush all the time and they have never said they have had a bad trip.

I had a bad fuckin trip once, and when I was younger and started to smoke pot I would experienced severe anxiety and I never enjoyed the experience.  Kind of like a bad trip on weed.  I stopped smoking weed for a long time after that and when I started again I came to terms with myself and now I smoke regularly.

I do agree that girls will most often freak out in intense situations worse than guys do, but if set and setting are right and they have done their research then they should be able to handle the experience just as well.  After all, mushrooms dissolve are egos, and this most certainly includes our roles as male and female in society.

Oh I luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuv gurls  :doggystyle:  :heart: :tongue:

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

OfflineVeter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: My completely pure friend is doing mush. Need advice. [Re: Ginseng1]
    #3877282 - 03/06/05 03:14 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

"I do agree that girls will most often freak out in intense situations worse than guys do, but if set and setting are right and they have done their research then they should be able to handle the experience just as well. After all, mushrooms dissolve are egos, and this most certainly includes our roles as male and female in society."

That may be true...but hormones play a bigger role in the way men and women react to situations than their predispositions in society.

--------------------
Let the Demons have their place, if so, it's angels you'll create.

OfflineCaptainJailew
Apathetic and Idon't care

Loc: Central Texas
Re: My completely pure friend is doing mush. Need advice. [Re: Veter]
    #3878404 - 03/06/05 06:15 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Veter said:
That may be true...but hormones play a bigger role in the way men and women react to situations than their predispositions in society.

I don't quite know about that Veter, I think social conditioning has ushered women into a more "emotional" and "reactionary" role, not solely biological differences.

--------------------
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein

Offlinecyberthreat
Stranger

#3879729 - 03/06/05 10:35 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

give her 2 she will be fine

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Re: My completely pure friend is doing mush. Need advice. [Re: cyberthreat]
    #3880717 - 03/07/05 01:03 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I should make a poll about girls and their predisposition to freak out.

"I don't quite know about that Veter, I think social conditioning has ushered women into a more "emotional" and "reactionary" role, not solely biological differences."

hey captain>> Two words; Premenstrual Syndrom! That's all I have to say!!

OfflineCaptainJailew
Apathetic and Idon't care

Loc: Central Texas
Re: My completely pure friend is doing mush. Need advice. [Re: dr0mni]
    #3881720 - 03/07/05 08:36 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I understand PMS and its effects on hormone levels for women, what I don't understand is why a 3-4 day hormonal shift would be sufficient evidence to make a blanket statement like:

"hormones play a bigger role in the way men and women react to situations than their predispositions in society."

Both women and men are perfectly capable of reacting the same way in any given situation. I think two of the main things that can change this are social expectations and stereotypes, which you two seem to be heartily engaging in.

--------------------
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein

Offlinewjames
Phenomenologist

Loc: Europe
    #3882192 - 03/07/05 01:03 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Hypothetically speaking of course, (i.e., if all these substances were legal) I'd definitely start my friend out with a little marijuana. Smoking isn't necessary. One could just sautee 1-2g in oil and eat. Works just as well as smoking.

But if she or you are underage, then I take it back.

--------------------
"We're all in this consciousness-raising business together."
"An idle mind is the devil's workshop."
"Everyone should eat hashish, but only once." - S. Dali

Edited by wjames (03/07/05 01:16 PM)

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Re: My completely pure friend is doing mush. Need advice. [Re: wjames]
    #3882631 - 03/07/05 03:11 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I didn't mean to make that a blanket statement. But women and men DO react differently to different things, and it's not just hormones. Women have differently structured brains too.

I'm not trying to pigeon-hole women into certain behavior patterns, I'm just saying that most girls I know have a little bit harder time flowing with the trip and that their physiology probably has something to do with it. I know there are plenty of girls out there that love to trip, but I don't know very many!

Guys are ready to take more risks than women too (in certain situations), and can be more irresponsible. That's why guys are more likely to jump off of shit, drive crazy, eat lots of psychedelics, and wander off at a moments notice. We can't help it! We're guys and we do that sort of shit! Girls do their own sort of shit, but we both do it in a way that fits together just right. Without girls we'd just be walking around all pissed off, smoking lots of herb...

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience