Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineStoned_Crow
Stranger
About to go on first trip
    #3863843 - 03/03/05 05:13 PM (19 years, 29 days ago)

Hi, Im planing on taking shrooms in the near future for the first time. can anyone here give any advice? thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBlashpherion05
Stranger
Re: About to go on first trip [Re: Stoned_Crow]
    #3863882 - 03/03/05 05:21 PM (19 years, 29 days ago)

I would say eat atleast 3.5 grams of decent shrooms so you have a good trip.

Offlinechevron
spiralling

Loc: UK
Re: About to go on first trip [Re: Blashpherion05]
    #3863958 - 03/03/05 05:41 PM (19 years, 29 days ago)

That's probably a bit high for a cautious beginner ... just in case you have a low tolerance to psilocybin, or happen to be subsceptible to HPPD ( http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/health/hppd/hppd_faq.shtml ), it's probably best to start around 2g.

If you're feeling confident then by all means go for higher. Your first trip could well be the best and most amazing that you will have.

Apart from that, the best advice is to chill out, listen to some music, and enjoy yourself!  :mushroom2:

--------------------
I am merely a parody.

Edited by chevron (03/03/05 05:41 PM)

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
    #3863962 - 03/03/05 05:42 PM (19 years, 29 days ago)

Congrats on your upcoming adventure. Well where can I start, since it is your first experience I would start with a low dose, something along the lines of 2 grams or so, just to get a feel for it. Some people recommend larger doses like 3.5 grams but I feel that this is a large stepping stone.(Although remember that this all depends on the particular type of mushrooms you get, P. cubensis is very common.)

Make sure that you are not experiencing any psychological problems, any mental problems can be amplified during the trip making it very uncomfortable. Be calm and relaxed and happy :smile:. Be excited, you will feel anxious and maybe a bit nervous, this is common though. It will all pass once they start to kick in.

Are you planning on taking them alone or with someone else? If you are indulging with a group make sure that the chemistry between everyone is compatible. If alone, make sure that you have some things to do, such as drawing, writing or other such activities.

Where are you going to be eating them?
Find a comfortable place that you can eat them , maybe smoke some marijuana to ease yourself into it all.

How will you eat them?
Chewing them up real good and forming a quid is a very efficient way to eat them. I find that I have had them start to kick in within the first 10-15 minutes. If you cannot stand the taste(as some cannot), grind them up real fine and put them in a glass of OJ and down the hatch, this way also kicks in quite fast.
Remember to not eat to much during the day before the trip, this ensures a fast onset as well.

Make sure ahead of time you have some type of game plan. I know some people just say go with the flow, but unexpected things can be quite upsetting and create the potential for a bad experience.

If you are going to stay inside, make sure you set up a comfortable area, I like to put a bunch of pillows and blankets on the ground for sprawling. Dim the lights, get some nice ambient or like music, nature sounds, drumming, its all good, whatever you are feeling :laugh:

Have all necessities at hand, such as water or juice, some snacks for the comedown, some marijuana or other such smoke ables(While bemushroomed I really enjoy the act of smoking anything):stoned:

For lower doses I find that going for an adventure walk in a nearby park or such is a great way to experience the child like awe that this fungus bestows upon us. You love to run and jump around, look at the grass and trees and flowers. Play with bugs, roll in the dirt, you name it. Just like a kid again. It is amazing to be able to experience that same awe and excitement for everything around us that I once could when I was young child :mushroom2:
Take some toys with ya, I find a magnifying glass to be absolutely mind blowing :thumbup:

Here is a a link for a great entheogenic site  Erowid, Mushroom Vault

Here is a link for a great book on the psychedelic experience, The Psychedelic Experience

Most importantly have a good time :tongue2:

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#3865609 - 03/03/05 10:58 PM (19 years, 29 days ago)

if you want the full experience eat 3-3.5 g
if you want to test the waters first then 2-2.5 g

--------------------

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA, USA Flag
Re: About to go on first trip [Re: jux]
    #3865828 - 03/04/05 12:04 AM (19 years, 29 days ago)

no way, eat a full 1/8 and don't bitch out... the first trip is always the best and deserves a full 1/8

--------------------
ABSTRACT ART (Mine) http://nathanbelomy.com

InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger

Loc: Texas
Re: About to go on first trip [Re: Fluxburn]
    #3866037 - 03/04/05 01:10 AM (19 years, 29 days ago)

I can give you some advice. The first time I tripped I was by myself, and I ate four large mushrooms. I didn't have a scale and wouldn't know how much to take anyway.

The first thing that really freaked me out was after about 15 minutes my body began to shake like it was cold. My teeth began to chatter. For a few minutes I thought of wussing out and going to a hospital.

Then after about 30 minutes a wicked body high came that really made me relax. From there on in it was great. Just remember if you can get to 30 minutes you'll start to enjoy it.

Personally I would recommend a larger dose (3 to 3.5 grams) anything more might really scare you. Another thing I would recommend is a gram scale and a sitter you can trust.

OfflineFirstAvailable
enthusiast
 User Gallery

Re: About to go on first trip [Re: lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl]
    #3866075 - 03/04/05 01:21 AM (19 years, 29 days ago)

I am also about to take my first trip soon. I was thinking of eating half an eighth. That's about 1.5g. I heard that is the preferred first time dose. I am worried about eating a whole eighth my first time because I think that I am prone to psychedelics. I mean I usually get pretty strong visuals with just weed, more so than most people.

Any suggestions?

OfflineVeter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: About to go on first trip [Re: FirstAvailable]
    #3866150 - 03/04/05 01:46 AM (19 years, 29 days ago)

A half 8th is a very substantial dose for a first time. I cant believe anyone would recommend a first timer a full 8th. I mean, i suppose if they are extremely crappy shrooms, then a full 8th might be necessary, but Im an experienced tripper and I still do half 8th doses and Ive had some phenominal experiences that compare to higher dosed 2ce trips.

--------------------
Let the Demons have their place, if so, it's angels you'll create.

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA, USA Flag
    #3866245 - 03/04/05 02:06 AM (19 years, 28 days ago)

jesus I have eaten way more then a 1/8 and that can be crazy, but without a full 1/8 it is not really a mushroom trip

I am assuming you are just eating normal cubes and not higher potency species like azurescens or copelands etc.

--------------------
ABSTRACT ART (Mine) http://nathanbelomy.com

OfflineFirstAvailable
enthusiast
 User Gallery

Re: About to go on first trip [Re: Fluxburn]
    #3866818 - 03/04/05 07:23 AM (19 years, 28 days ago)

I duno, I'm a little apprehensive about eating more than a teenth for my first time.

I think I'll be willing to sacrifice attaining the title of "Real Mushroom Tripper 1337!!!!11!!" and just go with half an eighth. Shit, if it isn't enough, I can always gulp down another teenth.

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Loc: Dirdy SOUF
Re: About to go on first trip [Re: FirstAvailable]
    #3866858 - 03/04/05 07:47 AM (19 years, 28 days ago)

I'm no expert but I did 3.5 grams my first time (out of only three) but still I think as long as you have a good safe place and the right folks to hang with for the whole time it should be cool. Another poster mentioned HPPD, be sure you read up on the dark side of shrooms and be sure it's a risk you're ready to take. Have fun but be informed.

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
Re: About to go on first trip [Re: lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl]
    #3867037 - 03/04/05 08:58 AM (19 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

The first thing that really freaked me out was after about 15 minutes my body began to shake like it was cold. My teeth began to chatter. For a few minutes I thought of wussing out and going to a hospital.

Then after about 30 minutes a wicked body high came that really made me relax. From there on in it was great. Just remember if you can get to 30 minutes you'll start to enjoy it.

Ya hit the head of the nail on that one :smile:

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag