Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long)
    #3865538 - 03/03/05 10:44 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

I don't know how long it's going to take for me to write this report. I decided to write it in installments. Here is the first installment. I hope you all enjoy.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was 2 summers ago. Two of my friends, Bob and Brian, had recently been tripping very frequently in nature. We would drive out to a local metro park, head to the nature preserve and walk the miles of trials through the wilderness. We hadn't come across an occasion in which all 3 of us could get out there at the same time. It was either Bob or I, or Brian and Bob, or Brian and I, but never the 3 of us at the same time. Every time we got together, the conversation would always turn to how much fun we had walking the trails and enjoying nature while tripping, and how much fun it would be if all 3 of us got out there together. We decided to set a date, take it off work, and head out to the park for a day of fun.

The day soon arrived. We planned to meet at my wife?s parent?s house early in the morning. It was a convenient staging area, because they lived only 2 miles from the park and they were off on a vacation. Brian brought 13 grams of dried Malabars with him. They weren't cracker dry. There was still a little moisture left, but barely any. It was hard to dry them out properly in the summer months due to the humidity. Since they weren't 100% dry, we thought we could compensate by taking a little extra. We figured that if we each took a little more then 4 grams then it would equate to around 3.5 grams. It made perfect sense at the time.

We put all 13 grams into a blender with some orange juice, blended a few minutes, then added some lemon juice to try and mask the taste. The lemon juice didn't work well at all. It added a slightly bitter taste to the nasty thick and chunky blueish brown goo that we consumed. It was rough? Sour and shroomy tasting? It instantly made me feel sick to my stomach. I noticed that my mother-in-law had a bag of ginger root on the kitchen counter. I remember hearing that ginger helps relieve nausea. I cut off a piece and chewed it on it for a bit. I never had raw ginger before. It was a spicy bitter taste. Too intense for me to chew on for an extended period of time. I wasn?t sure, but my stomach seemed to be settling down a little. I cut off another piece and put it in my pocket. I hate being nauseous.

Ten minutes after we ingested the OJ concoction, we were ready to head out to the park. We hopped into my truck and started what I hoped would be a very short drive. I was already feeling the shrooms kick in a little. I was feeling anxious and I wanted to get to the park as fast as I could. The last place I wanted to be while tripping was in the driver seat of a car.

Brian put on some Sphongle. It was really enjoyable to hear. I was getting little energy rushes when the bass would hit. Bob was really talkative. He complained of stomach cramps, then he started to talk about something else, something about his computer . . . then he would comment on his stomach cramps again. I wished he would stop talking about his stomach; it just made me think about mine. I pulled some ginger out of my pocket and gave it to him. He chewed on it for like 5 seconds and spat it out with disgust. I tried to tell him it would make him feel better, but he wanted nothing to do with it. I handed another piece to Brian. He took it from me, looked at it, then handed it back. ?Nah?, he said.

A traffic light ahead went from green to yellow. I slowed down. I perhaps stepped on the break a little harder then I should have. Brian gave me a sideways look and smiled. ?You okay?? he asked. ?Starting to feel a little gumbied,? I replied. Bob laughed from the back seat. He made sure to add a comment about his stomach again. I looked back at him, and he was staring at his hand.

We approached the park gates and I felt the shrooms setting in hard now. This concerned me because it was only 20 minutes after we ingested them? I knew that I was going to be higher then I wanted to be. . . I was a little upset about this, but I knew if I dwelled on it I would be in for a bad time. Brian and Bob were chattering back and forth. It seemed like they were yelling at each other. Then I realized they were just trying to talk over the music.

The girl at the toll gate asked for $3. I forgot I had to pay to get in. Brian and Bob looked confused at the fact that I forgot we had to pay to get in. It was, after all, a conversation we just had right before we arrived. I remember now? Brian said ?I have no money, so you guys will have to pay to get us in.? I felt like I was making a fool out of myself in front of this girl and if I didn?t pay her soon she would be suspicious of us. I struggled to look for some money. Bob flashed a 5 in my face and said ?Pay the girl already!? I took the 5 and handed it to the girl. I pressed the gas peddle and almost crashed through the gate. ?SIR! YOUR CHANGE!? The girl yelled. She looked annoyed as she stepped out of her booth and handed me the $2. I felt my face flush over. Brian and Bob were laughing loudly.

The drive back to the nature trail was long. It was 6 miles on a winding hilly road to reach the nature center. It was hard to keep my focus on the road. I was trying to listen to the conversation Bob and Brian were having and listen to the music at the same time. I would occasionally look out into the fields of tall grass we were driving by. Thoughts of wanting to stop the truck and run through the tall grass crossed my mind. ?That would cut up your shins like mad!? Bob said. ?What?? I replied, not realizing that I had actually said out loud that I wanted to run through the grass.

There was a guy in a Honda civic driving in front of me really slow. I said out loud, ?What the hell is this guy doing.? Brian replied, ?Probably looking for gay butt sex in the back woods.? He shocked me with this statement. The last thing I wanted to find on the trials were creepy guys looking for gay butt sex! Next thing I know, the guy stops his car in the middle of the road, does and U turn and drives off in the other direction. ?Good!? I think to myself? the less people out there, the better. I remember on one trip on these particular trails we encountered several people and it seemed to hinder my experience. That?s the last thing I wanted for this trip.

We pulled up to the nature center. I was glad to be done driving. I couldn?t take it anymore. I couldn?t control the truck and my thoughts at the same time. The parking lot was empty. This was a relief to me.

We hopped out of my truck. I felt dizzy. Not bad dizzy, good dizzy. My head felt really fuzzy. My body was engulfed in a pleasant buzz. I couldn?t believe how high I was already. The sun was extremely bright so I put on my sunglasses. Bob said, ?Man, I think we?re in more then we bargained for today!? Brian on the other hand said he really didn?t feel that high and was wondering if we should have taken more. ?More!? I said. ?I think we took a gram too much!?

It seemed like the walk down to the trails was really long. My stomach was still sour and with each step I took it seemed to stir up my stomach a bit more. I was still trying to adjust with to the sunlight. I was very uncomfortable. My head was racing with thoughts of me getting lost in the woods and rolling in poison ivy. This trip wasn?t starting off well for me. I tried to focus on my breathing. I looked at my hand. It looked very peculiar. My fingers looked way longer then they usually did. I chuckled a bit. I looked up. My vision shifted. Like a frame shift. Like I was looking at a picture and someone was shaking it in and out of my line of vision. It was an odd visual. I looked at Bob. He was smiling. ?Man, we?re fucked up, aren?t we?? I smiled back.

We walked by the Nature center. I could see the park ranger glaring at us through the window. I was thinking he knew we were high. But then he smiled and waved and I dropped the notion of his suspicion. We were under tree cover now and the shade felt outstanding. It was perhaps a little too hot for a nature trip today. It was 10 AM and the temperature was already in the middle 80s. I could tell we would be making frequent stops today. Good thing I remembered to bring a lot of water. I reached in my back pack for the water. I was thinking that the backpack was a bit much for me to bring on a day like this. It was really going to weigh me down. But I felt it was necessary to have. I had packed it with everything that we might need, a cell phone, my ID, water, sunflower seeds and other snacks, medicine (Benadryl, Xanx, Alieve, Mortrin, dehydration pills, and Pepto Bismol.), my IPod, a camera, and a change of shoes and socks. If anything went wrong, I was determined to be prepared for it. Perhaps if I got tired of carrying, Brian or Bob would help me out. ?FAT CHANCE!? I thought.

We continued to walk towards the trails. We stopped at the interpretive displayed that the park had put out. A sign in front of a fern stating ?Bird's Nest Fern?. It had a short description about the plant and it?s habitat. I tried to read it but I couldn?t make sense of the words. I crouched down to see if it was the sign that was blurry, or it was just my eyes. I got close to the sign and tried to read. The letters in the words were jumping all over the place. The letters had a mind of their own? the will to spell whatever they wanted. I stood up really quick and looked around. Brian and Bob were 10 yard down the path looking at some other display. They motioned for me to come over. I took a step towards them then stopped. I took another look at the fern sign. I tried to read it once more. The first line said, ?Angles on your skin?. ?Nope.? I said out loud to myself, and walked over to Bob and Brian.

Brian and Bob were looking at a honey bee display. It was a honeycomb crawling with live bees between two pains of glass. Bees were flying frantically around us, coming and going, crawling in and out several holes that were provided for them. I looked closely at the honeycomb. The hexagons were slowly expanding and contracting. The bees looked incredibly alien, like nothing I ever seen before, but they were very familiar. I was mostly unconcerned with the bees flying around me. My mind filled with all my knowledge of these social insects. I had spent an entire year doing research with a professor in college on social insects. I tried to tell Brian and Bob about the bees, but they didn?t seem too concerned with what I had to say. It sounded like I was being intelligent and knowledgeable, but when I stopped to think what I was saying, it was more like ?The bees, are flying fast around us.? For some reason I thought I was teaching them something they didn?t know, but I was merely making myself sound like a fool. Brian started to feel a bit creeped out and asked us to move on. So we did.

I was really out of it, but I was starting to have a good time. Seeing the bees made me feel good for some reason. I wasn?t really talking much to my friends, more so just listening to Bob ramble on. It was amusing to listen to him talk. He was talking about such bullshit and made it sound like he knew what he was talking about. He was talking about hawks. A one winged hawk. I was confused to where he was going with the topic so I had to ask what the hell he was talking about. He raised his hand and pointed behind me. I turned to see a giant cage. A 10 foot high by 5 foot wide, perhaps 5 feet deep, wood cage, fenced with chicken wire. How did I not see this enormous structure before? I squinted and looked in. I wasn?t seeing anything special. There was an old dead tree standing in the middle of the cage. It was morphing and twisting. The bottom was covered with hay. The hay blended together and started to flow in the direction the straws were laying. It looked like yellow water. There was something red on the laying on the floor of the cage. I couldn?t make out what it was; I leaned in to take a closer look. It was some sort of creature, perhaps a rabbit. It was mangle and ripped apart. It was hard to really make out through my visuals. I was intrigued. I looked for the hawk. I followed the tree up with my eyes from the base to the top. There at the top was the hawk, perfectly blending in with the tree. His right wing was missing. It stared at me with one eye. His focus would shift from me, to Brian, to Bob, then back to me. I laughed and felt of wave of pleasure rush over me . . . the type of thing that only happens when I?m tripping. Bob started to read out loud what the sign next to the cage said. ??Red Tailed Hawk? This hawk was found up state in a corn field. It was shot by a poacher. Luckily the state DNR was able to save him from certain death. He will never be able to survive in nature again, and will have to live the remainder of his life in a cage. He will serve as an ambassador to his species and help us spread knowledge about his species so we can better protect and maintain the Red Tail Hawk in the wild.? We remained silent for a minute or two after Bob was done reading. I was filled with total empathy for the hawk. It was a very emotional experience to look in at him. Brian broke the silence with ?That sucks for him.?

We started to walk again and we were getting close to the entrance of the trails. Brian admitted he was starting to feel really high. Bob said ?I told you that you were going to be blasted didn?t I?? A sign was posted at the entrance of the nature trails. Is stated ?TRAILS START HERE.? Bob, laughed and waved his hand in front of his face. ?Yep, they sure do!?

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Edited by djd586 (03/07/05 11:45 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSHiZNO
-

Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Long) [Re: djd586]
    #3866408 - 03/04/05 02:42 AM (19 years, 19 days ago)

cool...waiting for part 2 :thumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Long) [Re: SHiZNO]
    #3867287 - 03/04/05 10:48 AM (19 years, 19 days ago)

Great man, makes me want to post some of my really powerful experiences. I have on erowid before but can never find them cause I can never remember the name or title of what I put in. Can't wait for part two, keep those detailed hallucinatons coming!

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflineArf
Mcgoo

Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Long) [Re: mecreateme]
    #3868992 - 03/04/05 04:45 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

that so far has been an awesome report, cant wait for part 2!!!

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#3871030 - 03/04/05 11:32 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

Part 2

We walked from the bright sunlight into a dense cover of shaded woods. Light was peaking through sporadically onto the forest floor. The sun spots formed patterns that danced all over. Diamonds and clovers and whatever else my mind could conger up. The patterns became three dimensional and started to creep off the forest floor and dance around in mid air. For some reason I had the urge to look ay my arm. It looked like I had a good case of hives. Ignored what I seen and put my focus towards the trees. The organic shapes of the forest started to take on a geometric form. Trees looked like a formation of several squares and triangles. Like many shapes forming one entity. I felt like I was in a video game, Pitfall came to mind.

The trail sloped down hill, towards a small, but swift river. From what I could tell, it couldn?t have been more then 3 feet in the middle. The idea of taking off my shoes and treading into water sounded very tempting. I was half reaching to take off one of my shoes when an overwhelming feeling of confusion set in. It was hard to tell if I was walking down a hill or up it even though I could see the river was at least 100 feet down below, I felt like all my energy was involved in walking up. My sense of gravity was distorted. I felt very heavy but felt as if I was floating. What?s was gravity? Why does it need to pull me down? I looked down at the ground. The dried leaves that were scattered about the trial looked like they were trying to crawl. Like slugs, slowly trying to make it off the path and into the cover of the bushes. I was quite amused by the leaves. I picked one up and stared closely at it. I decided to smell it. It's scent filled me with the season of autumn. I let the leaf drop from hand and float to the ground. It landed near 3 other leaves. They converged in a pattern and started to spin, very much like a kaleidoscope. My mind had gone absolutely clear of thought. I was consumed only by the environment around me. I was trying to take it all in, but realized that doing so was impossible. Bob was continuously saying ?I can?t believe this! OH MY GOD?! ?Yeah, pretty fricken cool.? Brian added.

We got to the bottom of the hill and walked to the bank of the river. There was a big bend in the river. I wanted to put my hand in the water but the bank was too steep for me to navigate with out me falling in. The water was rushing rapidly over the scattered rocks. It was making a strange echoing effect. I couldn?t tell if it was because the sound was bouncing off the hill or it was something I was hearing because I was tripping. I was feeling over heated, So I sat down on top of a large rock. I?m pretty sure, the rocked welcomed my presence. I heard a vice inside my head say "Hello, young one."

I looked around. I could see the nature center sitting on top of the hill ridge. There was a deck off the back of the nature center so people could look out over the forest. I could see children leaning over the edge pointing at something. ?Great?, I thought, ?people?. I really hoped they didn?t come to hike the trails. ?They?re not pointing at us are they Brian,? Bob asked. ?I doubt they can even see us,? Brian replied. ?Well if they come running down the trails to the river, I hopping in and swimming away!? ?Just please stay calm Bob,? I said.

--------------------

Edited by djd586 (03/05/05 08:36 AM)

OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

#3871126 - 03/04/05 11:51 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

damn...u got us hooked.  Nice Trip report, lets see part 3!  :thumbup:

--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#3872360 - 03/05/05 09:33 AM (19 years, 18 days ago)

Part 3

We remained at the bank of the river for a long time . . . at least in terms of ?trip time?. It was perhaps only 10 minutes. I had no idea how long we had been tripping. It seemed like 4 or 5 hours if I had to guess. I took my cell phone out from my backpack and struggled to open it up. I forgot for a moment what I was trying to accomplish. The cell phone looked unusually small. Was it always this small? Was it always this color? ?It flips open.? Bob said. ?Oh yeah, thanks,? I replied. The phone read 10:15. I tried to negotiate what 10:15 meant, but it really had to meaning to me. I told Brian what time it was. ?10:15,? he yelled! ?I can?t believe it?s only 10:15! What?s that, like an hour since we ate these things?? ?About that,? Bob said.

Bob lit up a cigarette. The wind carried his smoke quickly away. I watched as his smoked transformed into a dragon, danced around his head, and then quickly darted off into the vegetation behind him. His next puff of smoke seemed to freeze in mid air and form into geometric shapes. I was in awe of what I was seeing. Bob looked at me through the corner of his eye, as if he thought I was staring directly at him. I felt him become uncomfortable. I wasn?t just guessing that he was uncomfortable, I could feel it. ?Sorry,? I said. ?For what,? Bob said in a puzzled voice. ?I wasn?t staring at you; I was looking at your smoke.? ?No worries,? Bob said, ?I wasn?t thinking you were looking at me.? Brian laughed and said, ?Yes you did! You always think we?re staring at you, like we?re going to jump you or something.? Bob put out a half hearted laugh, acting like he knew what Brian was talking about, but I could tell he was uncomfortable with the situation.

Brian pulled some chewing tobacco out of his pocket and packed the tin with two loud snaps of his finger. This startled me. Brian chuckled at my uneasiness. He took a pinch out and placed it in his lower lip. This seemed such a foreign concept to me. He threw the tin over to me. I wasn?t paying attention and the tin hit me in the shoulder. I let out a yelp and quickly got up and staggered from the rock I was sitting on. I didn?t know what had just happened. Brian and Bob were laughing hysterically. Bob was laughing so hard he was choking on his cigarette smoke. Brian pointed at the tin that was lying on the ground near the rock. ?Oh,? I said, ?I thought it was an animal attacking me.? This statement once again sent Bob and Brian into a fit of laughter. I felt my face flush over in embarrassment. I walked over to the tin and picked it up. It seemed so small in my hand.

I didn?t know if I wanted to dip right now. I had been recently contemplating quitting. I had been dipping for 8 years and mouth cancer was becoming a concern. I looked at the tin in my hand and I shrugged. ?What,? Brian said, ?you don?t want any?? ?I think I?m too high to dip right now,? I replied. ?Come on, it feels cool,? Brian said in a convincing voice. I opened the tin and took out a pinch. The odor was pungent. It felt like it was burning my nostrils. I felt like I was being forced to do something I didn?t want to do, but once I place the pinch in my lower lip, it felt right. Dipping was intense. It felt unusually tingly. The taste overflowed in my mouth. I decided to take it out. Maybe later I thought, I just couldn?t handle it right now. My body was tingling, like the feeling when your foot falls asleep. I had noticed the feeling earlier, but now it seemed a lot more intense. I wondered if the tobacco had anything to do with this sensation. I tried to ignore it.

My friends and I weren?t talking much anymore. Just the occasional ?I can?t believe this!? Or ?I can?t believe how high we are.? I could still hear children on the look out, running around, chatting and laughing. I looked up at them. One of the little boys was looking down at us. He seen me look up at him and he waved. Trying to ignore him, I sat back down on my rock. It welcomed me back. ?Hello young one.? I smiled.

--------------------

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#3875082 - 03/05/05 09:59 PM (19 years, 17 days ago)

Part 4

Bob finished his cigarette and suggested that we move on. ?Yeah, we?ve been here long enough,? I said. I was sad to leave my rock. I can safely say it was the only rock that I have ever been comfortable sitting on. It was also the only rock that had ever welcomed me when I sat on it. I walked over to the bank of the river for one last look. A rainbow danced in midair from the mist of the river. It was the only thing that I looked at that didn?t melt or morph; it just stayed a rainbow. I pointed out the rainbow to Brian but he was too busy looking at a crawl fish darting around in the shallows. I crouched down to look at it. It was hard to see when it stood still; it blended in perfectly with the rocks on the river bed. I felt like I was the one under water. I didn?t like the feeling. I stood up and motioned to Brian. ?Let?s get going.?

The trail slowly separated from the bank of the river. We caught up to Bob who was a good 50 yards up the path. He was standing staring at a sign. ?I can?t read it,? he said. I squinted at the sign, trying to make sense of it. I was surprised that I could read it. ?It says, ?Landscape Trail - Left. Trail length 4 miles. Habitat Trail - Right. Trail length 2 miles. Wildlife Trail - Right. Trail length 1.5 miles.?? Under the sign there was a map of all three trails. It was hard to comprehend what all the lines meant. ?I don?t know if we should take the 4 mile one,? Brian said. ?I think we should,? Bob replied, ?I mean, I don?t even think we?re close to peaking yet. We have hours of tripping left.? I didn?t offer any opinion. I didn?t feel like I was in the state of mind to offer any sort of leadership advice. It was getting harder and harder to hold onto reality. I was almost getting to the point were I was wondering if I might just pass out. My eyes lids were getting really heavy. Bob and Brian went left. I followed behind them, half dragging my feet.

The trail winded back up hill. It was steep and hard to navigate. A tree had fallen over the path and the 3 of us stopped and looked blankly at it. Brian kicked a branch. ?Dumb tree,? he shouted. We stood there. No one wanted to move. I was to the point where sitting down and resting sounded good, but I didn?t suggested it, we had only been walking for 5 minutes. Finally Bob walked off the trail and walked around the fallen tree. Brian and I followed without hesitation. I could still hear the rush of water. It sounded soothing. I wished we were still sitting by the river bend.

The trail led out of the forest. The path hugged the tree line. The shade was behind us now. The sun was extremely bright. I waited for my eyes to adjust but it never happened. We were on an edge of a giant field. Tall tan grass stretched out for hundreds of yards. I watched as a bird flew across the field, staying close to the top of the grass. A long translucent trail was left behind it. I was going to say something but Bob beat me to it. ?OH MY GOD! DO YOU SEE THE TRAIL THE BIRD LEFT BEHIND!? I nodded and smiled. Brian stepped closer to the grass line and squinted, trying to see what we seen. ?I don?t see shit,? Brian said. ?Just wait, you will,? Bob replied.

The field waved and shimmered. You could see the wind move gently across the top of the grass. I felt like I was looking at a body of water rather then a field of grass. Another bird flew by. ?Holy shit,? Brian said. Bob and I both smiled. We started to walk again. I was having a hard time keeping my balance. I noticed an interpretive sign to my right but I was just too high to stop and read it. I gave it a passing glance as I walked by. ?Prairie Plains,? the sign headlined. I looked back out over the field. I was amazed at how beautiful it looked. A lone tree stood out in the middle of the field. It looked very lonely. I wondered how old it was. ?The birds will keep him company,? I said out loud. ?What do you mean by that,? Bob asked. ?That tree out there? The birds?. Will?.keeeeeep?.Him?. Company!? Bob gave me his sideways look again and walked quickly ahead of me. Each step I took forward, I left a step of reality behind. I didn?t feel like I was walking any more, I felt like I was being pulled.

We were walking up hill again. The effort was almost too much for me. It was hot and I really wanted a drink of water. The sun was almost directly over head. I looked up to see exactly where it was. ?Ouch! Bright!? I thought. It left a dark purple spot in my field of vision. It was annoying at first, but then I started to enjoy it. The spot morphed into a horse and galloped around. Then it was a dragon. It let out a breath of fire. ?Why do I keep on seeing dragons,? I thought. The spot slowly fade away. I was half temped to look back up at the sun, but the better judgment that remained told me not to.

I didn?t think I could walk any further up the hill. But just as that thought entered my head we reached the top. A tall, old and grey, dead tree stood next to the edge of the field. It looked like it had been split in two at its top, like a wishbone. The old weathered wood patterns on its trunk melted and dripped off, forming a swirling puddle at its base. I bent over to stick my hand into the puddle but only manage to pull up a fist full of dead grass. I looked over at Brian, He was looking intently at something else. It was a sign. It stood next to the tree and told of its storied past. Brian started to read. I was glad that he volunteered because I really didn?t want to negotiate the words. ?This tree was struck by lightning on June 18th, 1991. The fire that the lightning strike caused from hitting this tree created the field of prairie grasses down below. Less then two decades ago, all that one could see in front of him was a dense maple and ash forest. . . ? Brian continued to read on but I stepped out to the edge of the hill and looked down over the grassy field. This was a much better view from up here. The field took on a purplish color. ?I thought mountains were supposed to be purple, not the fields,? I said out loud. Bob and Brian looked at me puzzled. ?I don?t know what the hell I?m talking about,? I said with a laugh. Just ignore me. Brian repeated my obscure phrase out loud and busted into laughter. ?Ha Ha, laugh it up fuckers. Laugh at the guy who can even figure out where the hell we are,? ?We walking the trails, you know that!? Bob said. ?Yeah, the damn trail. . . it?s all about following the trial.? I felt it coming now. Like someone had opened the flood gates. My body began to tingle vigorously. I was holding on to reality tighter then I should have? I should had let go by the river but I held on. It was going to be only a few more second? I spun around a few times and fell to my ass. Then there were colors every where, I could barely make out who and what Bob and Brian were. I could here them trying to speak to me, but none of it made sense. I had fallen flat on my ass at the gates of level 5.

--------------------

Edited by djd586 (03/09/05 05:57 PM)

OfflineAeolus1369
Dr. Seahorse
Male

#3876026 - 03/06/05 03:09 AM (19 years, 17 days ago)

You were only 2 miles from the park yet you had to drive there while high?

Offlinesam420
CertifiedReptilianOverlord
 User Gallery

Loc: Scotland
    #3876233 - 03/06/05 04:57 AM (19 years, 17 days ago)

This is an amazing trip report and I'm eagerly awaiting the next 'episode', haha.  Man you write really well and compose the trip in words beautifully.

Sounds like you picked a good spot for doing mushrooms, not too sure about the car drive there, but whatever.  Nice man, dunno what to say, just nice!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

--------------------
:duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead:

i'm a spy huntin rap dinosaur from the future

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Long) [Re: sam420]
    #3877195 - 03/06/05 12:38 PM (19 years, 17 days ago)

Yeah cool trip report, whens the next episode coming?

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflinekAAk
Connor Intergalactic
Male

Loc: northern europe
Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Long) [Re: dblaney]
    #3877225 - 03/06/05 12:51 PM (19 years, 17 days ago)

Amazing stuff. You're a good writer. Do you really remember it all so detailed or is it more of a story heavily based on reality?

--------------------
Smoke City - a board game about stoners!
Kickstarter opens on 4/20!

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #3877703 - 03/06/05 02:32 PM (19 years, 17 days ago)

this report makes me desperately want to trip in nature again :grin:

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Long) [Re: stefan]
    #3877732 - 03/06/05 02:39 PM (19 years, 17 days ago)

I've never had a trip in nature. The closest I've come would be when NYC was shut down completely by a blizzard 2 years ago and I didn't see another car or person for hours between 1 and 5 in the morning as we ran around through all the virgin snow..

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#3879720 - 03/06/05 08:33 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

Alright guys, here's part 5. I'll be sure to answer any questions you guys have when I done writing the report. Thanks for all your comments and patients. And thanks for reading!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brian crouched down beside me. I was unsure who he was. It was the first time I ever actually seen someone?s face morph. His forehead bubbled and stretched. His lips drooped. His nose widened and then thinned out. His eyes looked completely black. I couldn?t tell if he was looking at me or through me. I wasn?t really sure there was a ?me?. In an instant I was the old dead tree. There was no emotion. It just was. There was only the heat of the afternoon sun.
Brian reached his hand out, offering to help me up. I watched as a hand, and then an arm extended out towards him. It was my hand. Our hands met, and then locked in a tight grasp. I wasn?t expecting the tug I received. I stumbled forward, very dazed.

?Are you alright,? Bob asked? ?I think so,? I replied. I bent over and put my hands on my knees. I wasn?t sure what just happened. Brian looked a little uneasy. ?Maybe, we should go back,? he said. ?No, I?ll be okay; I just think I?m a little too high. I kind of was out of it there for a few seconds.? ?A few seconds,? Bob said. ?You collapsed and started rolling around on the ground. You were unconscious for like 5 minutes. I thought we lost you there for a second.? I felt me heart rate pick up. I was so confused. I didn?t remember falling down. I slightly remembered Brian crouching down and looking at me. There was something else? something that I just couldn?t remember. It bugged me. I started to wondered if I was going to be okay. ?Honestly guys, I feel ok. I just think it?s the combination of me being too high and too hot at the same time. Maybe one of you guys should carry the backpack for a little while.? Bob and Brian both looked at each other half disappointed. ?Here,? Bob said extending his arm, ?I?ll carry it for awhile.?

I looked around. It took me a moment to realize where I was. ?Yeah, I think I was just too hot,? I thought to myself. I looked down at the field of grass. I watched as waves of purple streaked across the field, from one end to the other. I took a deep breath. I reassured my friends I was going to be ok. Then we started to walk again. I was glad the trail led downhill.

My footsteps were heavy. It felt like I was going out of my way to stomp my feet on the ground. For the first time I took notice to the sounds around me. I heard the chirping of birds from all directions, I heard the buzzing of grass hoppers all around me. The sounds were everywhere. I listened as one grass hopper ended its buzz and another started from across the field. I listened to a crow off in the distant tree caw. The crows call echoed over the grass plain and caused crows that were roosting at the far end of the field to take notice and caw back. It was an amusing experience.

I listened to the wind blow through the leaves of the trees. It was a soothing sound. It was the sort of sound that puts you to sleep while you lay on the grass in the shade of a tree on a warm summer day. I was starting to calm down. I tried to pick up on the conversation Bob and Brian were having but nothing they were saying made any sense. ?So I went over to my uncle?s and picked up this comic book and then I sold it for $200,? Bob said. I repeated the sentence in my head 5 or 6 times before I could comprehend what it meant. ?Comic book? I said, ?200 bucks,? I questioned. But the conversation had been so far over by the time I said anything that Bob had no clue what I was talking about. The fact that he was confused about the fact I questioning what he said put an awkward feeling on the moment. I remained quite and hoped for the situation to pass. Thankfully it did.

We approached a bench on the side of the trail. I wanted to sit and rest again. I looked at the bench suspiciously. It looked like one side was slowly sinking into the earth. I pushed the seat to see if it actually was sinking or not. I was surprised on how solid it felt when I pushed. I didn?t notice that Bob and Brian continued to walk when I had stopped. I looked up at the sun ?Ouch! I gotta stop doing that,? I said out loud. A purple blotch camped in the middle of my vision again. I looked down at the bench but really couldn?t see much of it through the dancing shapes. I decided it best to catch up to my friend and I started into a slow run the catch up. I looked around for shade. There was none. I didn?t take notice when we were walking that the path veered away from the tree line. The path had turned directly into the middle of the field of grass. I felt like I was in a desert. I reached for my backpack but realized that I wasn?t carrying it anymore. I picked up the pace of my run so I could catch up faster.

Bob and Brian stopped in their tracks and tuned to look at me. I startled them. I stopped next to them. I had this odd sensation of myself catching up with myself. Like I out ran my inner being and it only caught up when I eventually stopped. ?God damn man,? Bob said. ?You half scared the shit out of me!? ?Sorry, got caught up looking at the bench back there; it was morphing like a mother fucker!? I replied. Bob laughed. ?Feeling any better,? Brian asked. ?Yeah, I am,? I said. Come to think of it, I was actually feeling really good. My body felt energized. I was feeling euphoric again. ?We need to find some shade,? I said. ?I feel like we?re going to die of heat stroke if we don?t get out of this sun.? ?Yeah, I wish it was a bit cooler,? Bob replied. I watched the blue color of his hat bleed off and blend into the color of his face. I did a double take. Bob gave me the ?is there something on my face? look. I looked away, pretending that I was looking at the trees behind him. He tuned around to see what I was looking at. ?Aw shit,? he said. ?Looks like we?ll be back chillin in the woods soon.? I looked over at Brian. He had been unusually quite. He was staring at his wrist watch are rubbing his wrist right below the watch. I playfully kicked some sand at him to get his attention. He looked at me a little distressed. ?Come on man, we got a long ways to go still. You?ll be fine.? ?I hope so,? he replied. We started to walk towards the trees in the distance. I patted Brian on the back of his shoulder. Once we get into that shade, whatever?s bugging you will disappear,? I said. ?I?m just having a hard time dealing with these obscure thoughts,? Brian replied. ?Don?t worry? the shade will save us,? I said with a laugh. I tuned and looked behind me. I could still see the old dead tree standing atop the hill. I wasn?t sure, but I thought I was waving at me. I waved back just in case.

--------------------

Edited by djd586 (03/06/05 09:23 PM)

Offlineshrooma
Did you hear therumour?
Male

Loc: Near the exit of the entr...
    #3881751 - 03/07/05 07:03 AM (19 years, 16 days ago)

this is crazy. You should be a writer. I like it, is there any more?

--------------------
"[More than] half the people in federal prison are there for drug offences. We're arresting half a million people a year for possessing marijuana. We're locking up kids sometimes for life for their first drug offence. We have no room in our prisons for rapists and child molesters and murderers cause we're filling them up with these non violent drug offenders." - Steven Duke, Yale Law School on 'Hooked: Illegal Drugs and How They Got That Way'
-

Edited by shrooma (03/07/05 07:06 AM)

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#3882974 - 03/07/05 02:35 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

Part 6
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was aching to get back into the shade. It was all I could think about. I was confused to why I wanted it so bad. I just knew I did. For a moment I couldn?t even remember what shade was. My mind was caught up in a thought loop. I had an overwhelming feeling of d?j? vu every time my thought process looped back to the beginning. I became slightly annoyed. I was too high to really comprehend that I was stuck in a loop. ?I really need to find shade. Why do I need shade? What is shade? I know I know what it is because I really want it. Oh yeah, it?s not being in the sun. Yeah, that sounds good. I hate the sun. I really need to find shade. Wait. Did we just walk past this bush? We?ve been here before haven?t we? Oh well, I just really need to find some shade. What is shade again??

I finally realized that my thought process was looped. I was glad I figured it out. It felt like a huge weight had been lifted off me. I was able to focus on the environment around me. I looked back behind me. I didn?t seem like we walked very far at all. I could still see the old dead tree standing atop the hill. It looked closer then it did when I had looked back a few minutes ago. I put my focus back towards the tree line ahead of me. I didn?t think we were ever going to get there. Bob stopped walking and pointed out something to Brian. I picked up my pace to catch up to them. He was pointing at a dragon fly hovering above the grass.

The three of us watched as the dragon fly circled around the leaves of a tall weed. It would land momentarily then take to flight again. It was a vivid green color. It stood out immensely from the dingy brownish green grass. Every time it took to the air it would leave behind a lingering green trail. It made several loops above the grass and landed again. I could still see the path it flew from its last flight. I wasn?t the only one who witnessed this. I laughed as Brian gawked at the green trails.

I noticed another dragon fly a few feet to the left of the original fly we spotted. It was blue. It too left a vivid trail behind itself in flight. Behind the blue dragon fly a few yards away; I noticed another green dragon fly. Then next to that one, a red one was perched on a leaf. I scanned the field. They were every where. Every few feet a dragon fly was hovering above the top of the grass. How we not noticed them beforehand, I had no clue. My vision filled up with dragon fly trails. Blue, green, red, purple and yellow. It was magnificent! We each took turn pointing out our favorite dragon fly and the pattern it was leaving behind. ?Oh! That one just spelled out something,? Bob shouted. He was right. They were spelling out words with their flight patterns. But the words I read didn?t make any sense. It just seemed to be random words. One spelled ?CAT.? Another spelled ?TABLE.? And another spelled ?ANGLE.? ?It doesn?t make any sense,? I said out loud. ?You?re right, it doesn?t,? Brian replied.

We stood there watching the show the dragon flies put on for us for a little more then 10 minutes. I took my attention off the dragon flies when I noticed the back of my neck was burning. I touched it. It felt sun burned. Why would I be sun burned I thought. I asked Brain to look. ?Yeah, you?re neck?s all red,? he said. ?Why would it be red,? I asked? ?Well,? Brian said, ?We?ve been in the sun for?? He looked down at his watch to check the time. ?When did we start to trip,? He asked. ?I don?t know, I think we ate them around 9,? I said. ?Well, my watch says 11:10. I just can?t figure out how long that is.? ?Two hours,? Bob said cutting into the conversation. ?We?ve been tripping for like an hour and a half and I?m still getting higher.? ?Yeah, me too,? Brian replied. ?I don?t know about you guys, but I?ve been balls out high forever,? I said. ?I don?t know if I peaked yet, but I?m high as fuck right now.? ?There?s no way we peaked yet,? Brian said. ?I can still feel myself getting higher.? He was right. I felt the same. ?Well, if my neck is getting burned, I want to get out of the sun,? I said. ?We?ve been in this field way too long!? ?Yeah, let?s get going,? Bob said. He took the backpack off his back and handed it to Brian. ?I don?t want to carry this,? Brian said. ?Tough luck,? Bob replied. ?It?s your turn.?

--------------------

Edited by djd586 (03/07/05 04:35 PM)

Offlineshroommachine
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: Florida
    #3883180 - 03/07/05 03:18 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

djd586 said:  Bob laughed from the back seat. He made sure to add a comment about his stomach again.  I looked back at him, and he was staring at his hand. 

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :lol:

Sounds like some damn good shrooms. Best trip report I've read in a while.

--------------------
And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk ...four times already this year and I used to be over by the window and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and its not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire.

OfflineBrass
Medicine man

Loc: 42/34 N. 83/01 W.
Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Long) [Re: Aeolus1369]
    #3884587 - 03/07/05 08:56 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

Aeolus1369 said:
You were only 2 miles from the park yet you had to drive there while high?

it wasnt just Malabars.  we also had a few Puerto Ricans and added them to the mixture.  PRs come on pretty quick.  toss back the chaunder...5 minutes later *poof* :confused:.  im Bob by the way :wink:.

--------------------

As human beings, we are the facilitators of our own evolution.

Edited by Brass (03/08/05 04:59 AM)

Offlineholio1
intense

Loc: toronto son
    #3884628 - 03/07/05 09:02 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

sounds like a great trip, had a few of those before (unless it starts to get really intense which i could see happening)

anyway, i am wondering what are people's experiences with acid in nature? never done it, but i figure that should be nice once spring comes. does it compare with the experience you get from mushrooms and the outdoors?

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#3885355 - 03/07/05 11:43 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

Part 7

I played with the back of my neck. It hurt when I touched it, but I kept on doing it anyhow. The pain felt different, much more intense. I was still confused as too how I got sun burned. It didn?t occur to me that half the time I was walking the trail across the field I was looking down at the ground, exposing my neck. I looked over at Brian. He seemed like he was concerned with his wrist. I watched as he looked closely at it, then let it rest at his side, then put it in front of his face again to reexamine it. I didn?t say anything. I put my focus at the nearing trees. It would be just a minute before we reached them. I could feel the moisture in the air rise. When we finally stepped into the shade it felt very satisfying.

Entering the forest, the trail ducked under a low lying tree branch. I watch Bob push it aside, then as Brian did the same. I was caught off guard as Brian let the branch go and it swung back knocking my hat off my head. I leaned over to pick it up. A daddy long leg scurried across the trail. It was creepy looking. It was such an odd creature. I watched as it ducked under a weed. A few feet up the trail, another one stood motionless. I thought about poking at it with my finger, but I decided it would be best if I ignored it. I picked up my hat and placed it back on my head. When I stood up, the lush greenness of the forest took me off guard. It was a different wooded area then the area around the river. The cover was thicker; the trees closer together. There were vines engulfing the trunks of the trees. I watched in astonishment as the vines slithered like snakes, moving up towards the tree tops.

The trail moved down a hill. It was steep. I nearly tripped over a half buried rock that was lying in the middle of the path. I was feeling higher then I did just a moment ago and wondered if Brian and Bob felt the same. ?How you guys feeling,? I asked. ?Fucked up,? Bob said without hesitation. Brian didn?t reply. I asked him if he was ok. ?Just getting a little bout with the thoughts,? he stated. I let him be. The path leveled off and the trees cleared momentarily. The sun stung the back of my neck. I rubbed it, and then quickly withdrew my hand. ?Better not do that again,? I thought. I did it again despite the mental warning to myself.

We walked through a clearing with tall bushes that hugged each side of the trail closely. I felt like I was in a hedge maze. A large dragon fly buzzed past my face. I watched as it vanished over the top of the bushes, leaving a long blue trail behind it.

Not before too long the trail gave way to the trees again. The vegetation wasn?t as thick as before. I could see a field through the trees to my right. Electrical lines ran down the center of the field. You could hear the buzz of the electricity as the lines merged with a giant electrical tower. I looked behind me at Brian who was now lagging a few yards behind Bob and me. He was examining his wrist again.

The path curved around to the left and a bench stood on the path?s edge. I was the first to walk over to it and sit down. ?I need to rest,? I said. ?Yeah, that sounds like a good idea,? Bob replied. ?I need a cigarette break.? I found that I wasn?t comfortable sitting down on the bench. I decided to stand. Brian took the backpack off, laid it on the bench, and sat down. It was only a minute before he retreated back to a standing position. I felt like giving some dip a try. I pulled the tin out of my pocket, packed it, and then pulled out a decent sized pinch of tobacco. When I place it in my lower lip, it felt much more satisfying than it had earlier. I noticed that I wasn?t hallucinating as much as I was before. It wasn?t for a lack of being high, I was just settling into the trip more. ?I?m having such a good time,? I thought.

?Man, I don?t think I ever been this high,? Bob said. ?You say that every time we trip,? I replied. ?I do,? he questioned. I felt that he took me the wrong way and I felt a tension betwen us arise. I worked quickly to defuse it. ?We are pretty damn high though,? I stated. I watched Bob relax his posture then take a puff of his cigarette. ?Fuck yeah we are,? he half shouted back. He surprised himself with the loudness of his voice. I got the feeling that he was too high to deal with himself at the moment. He would stare blankly at Brian and me. When he made eye contact he would instantly adjust his gaze on to an arbitrary object.

Brian paced back and forth. He kicked at a rock at a ground, then picked his wrist up to his face and looked at it closely. ?What you looking at,? I asked. I startled him. ?Nothing really, just checking out the band on my watch,? he replied. Bob a let out a short whistle to catch our attention. I looked over at him and he motioned his head down the path to the left. I looked over and didn?t see anything special. Then I noticed moving colors through the trees on the other side of the bend. I didn?t know if it was a hallucination or not. I squinted and tried to make out exactly what I was seeing. It was a person walking our way. My heart dropped into my stomach. ?Don?t look suspicious,? I said out loud to my friends. ?That didn?t help any,? Brian said.

It was only a brief moment, but it lasted for an eternity. The three of us stood frozen in the middle of the path as an older gentleman rounded the bend in the trail. He hesitated momentarily when he finally noticed we were there. I nodded my head politely as he passed in between Bob and me. I watched him intently. It appeared as if he was walking in place once. I wonder if he was even walking at all, or if he was even there. Perhaps is was just my imagination. I let out my breath that I didn?t realize I was holding as he slowly vanished from our view. ?You think he knew,? Bob asked. ?Three guys, standing in the middle of a trail, 2 miles back in the woods? Yeah, I?m pretty sure he thought something was up,? I said. ?He probably thinks we?re back here smoking weed,? Bob replied. ?Well, I hope he doesn?t go and say anything to the ranger. The last thing I want is any sort of confrontation with an authority figure."

--------------------

OfflineCrestfallen
some kindasomethin'

#3885480 - 03/08/05 12:18 AM (19 years, 15 days ago)

god help me, 8 parts??!!

JK. Very good report man, I have thouroughly enjoyed reading all of it. Sounds like a great time.

--------------------
The above statement is completely fictional and composed solely for the purpose of entertainment.

OfflineBrass
Medicine man

Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Long) [Re: Crestfallen]
    #3886147 - 03/08/05 05:06 AM (19 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

Crestfallen said:
god help me, 8 parts??!!

JK. Very good report man, I have thouroughly enjoyed reading all of it. Sounds like a great time.

It was a great time. Thats one of the most vivid trips Ive had. I still remember it like it was yesterday.

--------------------

Edited by Brass (03/08/05 05:07 AM)

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Long) [Re: Brass]
    #3886201 - 03/08/05 05:51 AM (19 years, 15 days ago)

So are you Bob or Brian?

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflinePsilocinSam
Jester To TheHall Of TheMushroom King

Loc: Cambridge, UK
    #3886340 - 03/08/05 07:09 AM (19 years, 15 days ago)

Hey where's the last part?! I've been reading while at work looking for the great ending and now there aint 1!! I guess I'll have to wait like everyone else now! lol :stoned:

--------------------
We ultimately live in a fractal universe, all parts reflect the infinity of the whole. So why do we maintain that time be any different?

Welcome to 4 my dimensional thoughts!

(Turkish Delight is neither Turkish, nor delightful. So where's the name from?!)

Offlinesuperfalk
shroomer
 User Gallery

Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Long) [Re: PsilocinSam]
    #3886451 - 03/08/05 08:36 AM (19 years, 15 days ago)

Yes, this was one of our most intense trips ever....no joke.....man i can't believe you remembered so much of it. You should write about the others we've had! Congrats on the construction of this ya did great!

--------------------
I'm Shpongled!

OfflineBrass
Medicine man

#3886836 - 03/08/05 10:37 AM (19 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

dblaney18 said:
So are you Bob or Brian?

Im Bob....Superfalk is Brian :wink:.

--------------------

OfflineBrass
Medicine man

Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Long) [Re: superfalk]
    #3886853 - 03/08/05 10:44 AM (19 years, 15 days ago)

To quote a famous man....."To be continued." I hope djd586 doesnt leave that part out of the story. It was funny as hell. God I love confusion. I was telling Jay last night that this would make for an awesome movie.

--------------------

Edited by Brass (03/08/05 10:45 AM)

Offlinecubensis_chris
Stranger
Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Long) [Re: Brass]
    #3888888 - 03/08/05 06:17 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

That was awsome dude, i never usually read those long trip stories, but that one was good:).

Offline88mustanggt

Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Long) [Re: cubensis_chris]
    #3889862 - 03/08/05 10:06 PM (19 years, 14 days ago)

aww i want more NOW nOW NOW!!!!

InvisiblednL
stranger thanstrange

Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Long) [Re: 88mustanggt]
    #3889891 - 03/08/05 10:15 PM (19 years, 14 days ago)

damn it seem like there should be 20 parts to this, you're at part 8 and probably only a few hours into the trip. can't wait to read the rest

i wish i could remember my trips that vividly.

--------------------

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: djd586]
    #3893267 - 03/09/05 03:32 PM (19 years, 14 days ago)

Part 8

The old man that had walked past us still lingered in my thoughts. I could tell it was bothering Bob and Brian too. ?Don?t worry about it,? I said. ?He probably forgot about us already.? ?Yeah, you?re probably right,? Bob replied. ?You know what?s cool as fuck,? Bob said attempting to change our current mindset. ?My Uncle was telling me about this one guy who was making a 250 gallon fish tank. He?s going to put a shark in it or something. I guess he already has a 100 gallon tank and he has a school of piranhas and he feeds them live rats and?? Bob stopped his story mid sentence. He took one last drag on his cigarette, tossed it on the ground, and stomped it out with his foot. He looked around curiously at the surroundings. Brian and I stared at him waiting for him to finish his story. ?And,? Brian asked. ?And what,? Bob questioned back. ?You were just telling us a story,? Brian stated. ?I was,? Bob questioned back. ?Oh yeah, to be continued. . .? Brian and I broke into a hysterical laughter. Bob laughed along with us, but his laugh was only half hearted. He was just too high to recognize what exactly had happened.

Once the several minutes of laughter subsided, Bob immediately suggested that we start walking again. I walked over to my backpack and looked at it. It morphed and melted as I looked down at it. It was unrecognizable as a backpack. It looked more like and organic creature. Like a giant amoeba. I was not looking forward to carrying it. I reached down and quickly brushed my hand across the top of it. ?It feels like a backpack should,? I thought. I picked it up and temporarily struggled to put it on my back. It felt awkward. I took a deep breath and started walking down the path to Brian and Bob who had stopped and were waiting for me to catch up.

I had the sensation of being pulled along again. An invisible energy grasped me from the pit of my stomach and directed me down the path. Even if I didn?t want to walk anymore, I felt like I couldn?t stop. The trail was becoming difficult to navigate. A series of small hills was particularly hard to hike. Every time I reached the bottom of one hill and started to climb the next, I felt the pull in my stomach increase, helping me ascend. I stopped at the top of one of the hills and looked down the path to the next. I didn?t know if I could go on. I noticed a giant tree stump sticking out of the middle of the trail on the top of the next hill. I wanted to look at it up close. That was enough motivation for me to keep walking.

The stump looked ancient. I kicked at it with my foot and looked at it curiously. Brian stepped on top of it, lost his balance, and stumbled backwards to the ground below. I chuckled at him. ?You try it bastard,? he said. ?I?d rather not risk it,? I replied. But when he turned his head to look down the trail, I quickly tried to mount the stump. I lost my balance and stumbled forward, almost rolling off the path into some saplings. Brian and Bob laughed at me. I didn?t really care. I walked back over to the stump, half pissed off at how it embarrassed me. I kicked at it again. Three daddy long legs ran out from under a hole in the stump. One of them ran towards my foot. I side stepped it with fear as if it was a deadly black widow spider trying to attack me. I watched it intently as it ran off the trail and into the weeds. I looked at the ground immediately around me, scanning for more of the unusual bugs. I was glad that I didn?t see any.

We descended the hill with the tree stump in it. I could see a clearing in the path up to the right. The trail briefly exited the forest and squeezed closes to the tree line. On the right of us was a narrow weedy field. It was the same field I noticed earlier with electrical line running down the middle. I looked up at the 20 or some lines that ran down the middle of the clearing. They stood out drastically from the blue sky. The wires seemed so out of place in the middle of the woods. Neither Bob nor Brian stopped to look at the wires when I did. They were more concerned with getting back under the cover of the trees. I watched them follow the path back into the forest and I lightly jogged to catch up with them.

I realized that I still had dip in my lower lip. I really didn?t want to take it out. Aside from the extra mucus it was creating in the back of my throat, I was enjoying it. As soon as I thought about the mucus I doubled over and dry heaved with a loud gag. Brian and Bob stopped and looked back at me. ?Random dry heave,? I said. They both turned forward without saying anything and resumed walking. Once again I had to quicken my pace to catch up to them. It seemed an on going theme for this particular trip.

We stopped at a fork in the trail. The path we were on resumed straight hugging the tree line, into the narrow field that contained the electrical lines. To the left, a sign was posted, It said ?Water,? and pointed with an arrow. I stepped into the mouth of the merging path and looked down it. It sloped up hill through a dense overgrowth of trees. It looked like a path that was less traveled then the one we were currently on. Without saying anything, I led the way. Bob and Brian silently agreed to follow.

I was getting tired of climbing hills. It was very tiresome on such a hot day. This particular hill had a peculiar allure to it though. I labored up the hill, allowing the strong pull that I was still experiencing to guide me along the way. The vegetation was as thick as we had encountered thus far. I spent half the walk up the hill pushing trees aside to clear my way. Brian was having a particularly hard time trying to fend off the branches that I would push out of the way and allow to swing back behind me. ?If you hit me with another branch I?m really going to be pissed,? He said. I could sense the seriousness in his voice and I made a special effort not to whip back any more braches. I decided it would be best if I just walked right through them. I scrapped my fore arm doing so.

The overgrowth thinned out and the trail opened up into a shaded circular clearing. In the center of the clearing stood a manual water pump; it looked like it had been waiting for us to find it. It stood on a raise block of concrete. It looked old and rusty. I guessed it had probably been there for 6 or 7000 years. Then I remembered I really don?t get the concept of time, so I knew I was probably wrong.

Bob was the first one to walk over to the pump. A large spider web spanned the main pipe to the pumping handle. He looked closely at the web. Brian reached over Bob?s shoulder and knocked the web down with a stick. ?What did you do that for,? Bob said, ?I was checking it out.? ?Sorry,? Brian replied. ?I thought we were going to try and pump for water.? It seemed like the three of us were becoming slightly annoyed with each other. I attributed it to the heat and the exertion we had been putting ourselves through. ?We need to rest soon,? I said, ?I?m too high to take all this in at once.?

I was perhaps the highest I had been all trip, excluding the part in which I passed out. I felt like I had been out in the woods for a week. My calf muscles were extremely tense and tight. I kneeled down and rubbed on them for a bit. Bob started to do the same to his legs. I didn?t know if he was trying to mimic me or if he actually was experiencing the same problem. My thoughts we jumbled and I couldn?t keep my focus on anything for more then a few seconds. Brian and Bob looked foreign to me, but I was still able to recognize who they were. I wondered if they felt the same about me. I watched Brian take his turn pumping the water out of the pump. I really didn?t feel the need to pump it, but I knew when Brian was done, I would give it a go anyhow. With each pump Brian made, water came rushing out of the pipe. It made a strange echo as it hit the ground. After the initial splash of water hit the ground, I watched as small droplets would fly several feet through the air in slow motion and land in the dirt sending a small puff of dust into the air.

The mucus in my throat had grown thicker in the past few minutes. I decided it was time to take out the dip. I threw the little wad of tobacco into the weeds beside me and walked over to pump to run my hands under the water Brian was pumping. The water felt soothing and cool. It was more forceful then I had expected and slashed off my hands and all over the front of my shirt. I welcomed the refreshing wetness. Brian asked me if I wanted to give it a try. I walked around to the pump arm and started to pump it up and down. The energy it required was much more then I thought. I didn?t seem like it took Brian much energy to pump it. I gave up on my endeavor after a few pumps and only a little splash of water. I just didn?t have the energy to continue. I was ready to find a place to sit and rest.

--------------------

Edited by djd586 (03/09/05 06:06 PM)

Offlinetexascubensis
Stranger
 User Gallery

#3894959 - 03/09/05 08:36 PM (19 years, 13 days ago)

i dont see how u recall every thing so clearly... and i belive when u get worried about staring at ur friends thats the first sign of coming down. i hate that one of the negatives of tripping

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #3895372 - 03/09/05 09:58 PM (19 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

djd586 said:
Each step I took forward, I left a step of reality behind.

i like this alot ^^^

WOW, this report is the best i've ever read. you describe very well what goes on in at least my inner dialogue while tripping. the clarity is amazing. i'm loving your report and i can actually picture the scenes you are describing. this is really pumping me up for my trip in a week or two. i feel all shroomy while reading your report!! :shroom:

if i could give you 6 i would, but you'll have to accept 5 for now!! :shroom:

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: djd586] * 1
    #3897053 - 03/10/05 10:09 AM (19 years, 13 days ago)

Part 9
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another sign stood a few feet off to the left of the water pump. It was a map of the park?s trail system and showed the exact location in which we were. It didn?t make any sense to me. Bob seemed to make perfect sense of the map. He traced a green line with his finger and dictated to me. ?Yeah, look, we walked in this way. Then we crossed over the river, walked through the field, and now we?re right here.? It still didn?t make any sense to me. It looked like a bunch of spaghetti that wouldn?t stop spinning. ?If you say so,? I said back to Bob. It bothered me that I didn?t understand what it meant. I didn?t like the overwhelming confusion that was starting to consume me.

I paced around the water pump a bit, trying to figure out exactly what was going on. I looked down at the ground and kicked at some pebbles. ?What were we trying to accomplish out here,? I thought. It just didn?t make any sense to why we were even walking in the woods. I knew I was waiting for something to happen, but I just couldn?t figure it out. ?We going to stand around this pump or look for some where else to rest,? Brian asked. ?Oh yeah,? I thought to myself, ?I want to rest.? ?Where can we find another place,? I asked. ?I don?t know, I want to see what leads down that path,? Brian said as he pointed down a path which was opposite the path we walked in on. ?Well, if there?s some where to sit, I?ll be glad to go,? I said. ?If you?re that tired, why don?t you just sit on the ground,? Brian asked. ?Fuck that,? Bob said interrupting our conversation. ?The last place I would sit is the ground. You?ll have daddy long legs crawling all over you!? ?You?re right,? I said as I closely studied the ground around me looking for one. Two of the odd little creatures stood motionless next to each other near a tuft of grass a few inches from my foot. I slowly backed away from them once I noticed they were there. I had noticed a lot of them running around on the ground today I thought. ?Yeah, I guess we can just find out what down that path,? I said while keeping one eye on the daddy long legs. ?I know what?s down there,? Bob replied. ?According to this map, there?s a pavilion. I bet we?ll be able to sit there.? ?Well lead the way,? I told Bob. ?Alright, follow me,? he instructed.

Brian and I followed Bob as he pushed aside a low lying branch at the mouth of the new trail. Brian decided to step over it. Trying to mimic his action, I did the same, but almost tripped when the branch got stuck between my legs. After I wrestled with the leafy branch for a moment, I once again had to jog to catch up to my friends.

When I caught up to Brian, I noticed he was looking at his wrist again. The sight of him doing this gave me the d?j? vu feeling. Seemed like I was always trying to catch up and when I did catch up, Brian was looking at his wrist. ?Has this happened before,? I asked Brain. ?Has what happened before,? he questioned back. I didn?t respond to him and he didn?t seem to care that I didn?t. He was too busy checking out his wrist.

The walk to the pavilion was a short one. It was only a minute or two before we walked in to a large clearing. I squinted and tried to shade my eyes from the glaring sun. I watch Bob walk through the clearing to the other side and enter the pavilion. Brian and I jogged over to it. The thinking was to spend the short of time possible in the sun. At least that?s what motivated me to jog.

There were two old and rather weathered picnic tables sitting under the pavilion. One of them was missing both its benches and had only the bars sticking out where the bench used to be supported. The other table had one of the seats knocked off. It was hanging on a slant, still attached to one of the support bars. Bob sat a top the one with no seats. I took of my backpack and threw it on top the other table and took a seat next too him. Brain stood just outside the pavilion. He looked up at the roof and pointed out a large wasps nest. Bob and I got up to look. At the crest there was a giant nest, perhaps a foot in diameter. It was the largest nest I had ever seen and I had actually spent a good portion time studying paper wasps in the past. All the way down the roof, on either side of the under hang, there were several other nests. Each was much smaller then the one at the crest. It didn?t take long to notice there were wasps buzzing all around us. Not just a few, more like a several hundred. ?Just don?t bother them, and they will have no reason to bother us,? I said. ?Yeah right,? Brian said, ?Those bastards will sting us for no reason!?

?They did a study on some insects on drugs,? Bob said speaking slow and deliberate. ?They put some orb web spiders on pot and acid and ecstasy and studied their web patterns. It was cool a hell. You should have seen the webs they made while they were high. It was one of the coolest articles I have ever read. The scientists think that the drugs take different modes of action in the spiders compared to us. They don?t have the same sort of neurological system as us, so it affects them different. I heard that they might start to do some research with the same drugs and bees.? Brian and I looked at Bob confused. ?Where the hell did that come from,? I said. ?Where did what come from,? Bob replied. ?You just spit out a whole bunch of words about some spiders on drugs,? I replied. ?You sounded like a robot spitting out information.? ?I did,? Bob said, ?Cool!? I started laughing, but Bob looked a little annoyed that I was partly laughing at him. So I stopped. Brian chuckled a bit and continued looking at his wrist.

I stepped back under the pavilion and looked up in the rafters. It was littered with 50 or 60 wasp nests. ?It?s a wasp city,? I stated. ?And a spider city too,? Brian added. I looked over to see him pointing at a large funnel web. I walked over to it and looked in. A large spider stood at the mouth of the funnel wafting for and insect to land so it could pounce on it. I picked a blade of grass that was growing on the edge of the pavilion cement and tossed it in the web. The spider darted out the grass, pounced on it, realized it wasn?t food, and then scurried back to his original position. Startled, I stumbled backwards into the picnic table. I had the sensation of spiders crawling all over me. I quickly brushed off the skin of my arms and legs. I noticed a daddy long leg on my sock. I yelped and knocked if off. I darted out from under the pavilion and swatted at the wasps that I heard buzzing around me. Surprisingly, neither Bob nor Brian noticed me in a frantic panic.

Bob, who had resumed his seat a top the picnic table, was looking out into the trees. His mouth hung half open. I watched him squint and then open his eyes really wide and then squint again. When I looked at him closer, I didn?t recognize him at all. Every time he would tightly close his eyes, his face would morph into a mangled mess. I tried not to look at him in fear I would start to laugh. I looked over into the trees to see what he was looking at. I didn?t see anything exciting.

When I looked over to Brian, he was tightly holding on to his wrist. He looked down at the ground and slowly paced the outline the pavilion?s shadow. I asked him if he was ok. He nodded. I walked over to him and watched him pace. I could sense he was upset about something. I could feel the negative emotions radiate off him. The negativity I felt spun me in to my own rabbit hole of negative thoughts. I caught myself before I got too deep in thought. I looked down at the cement of the pavilion?s floor. Patterns formed and spun around wildly, then stopped and expanded and contracted. For a moment it looked like a giant turtle shell pattern. Then the next moment, it was in the pattern of small hexagons, like the bee hive we looked at when we first arrived at the park. I felt a little bit dizzy from looking at the patterns, but I like it.

?You know what?s funny,? I said to Brain. ?I can feel your thoughts and emotions, and the closer I stand to you, the stronger I feel it. It?s like I?m leeching off of you.? ?I?ve been thinking about my job and how much it sucks lately. And there?s this dream that I had that keeps popping in and out of my head, it?s so bizarre,? Brian replied. ?It?s just so weird how I?m feeling your negativity,? I said. I noticed Bob look over to us to see what we were talking about. He lit up a cigarette. He had the same expression on his face that he had earlier. ?Isn?t that fucked up that when I stand close to Brian I get the thoughts because he has the thoughts,? I said to Bob. He looked back at me confused. ?What,? he question. I took a step towards Bob so I could tell him again. He wiggled back a few inches in his seat, trying to keep some distance between us. ?I said that when I stand close to Brian, I get the thoughts because he has the thoughts. It?s like his negative energy is flowing off of him on to me.? ?What the hell are you talking about,? Bob questioned. I explained the situation one more time. Bob looked a little paranoid and his gaze shifted quickly between Brian and I who were closely watching him, waiting for him to respond. ?I?m not trying to steal anyone?s thoughts,? Bob shouted.

I stumbled back a few steps. I was totally confused as to what just happened. I had the feeling like I was being a total prick. I had to think back to what I just said. Maybe I was being a dick. Did I just confront Bob for stealing my thoughts? I looked back over at Bob, he looked like he was ready to get up and run. I tired to calm both him and myself by explaining the situation one more time to him. He still didn?t get it. I could feel a high level of tension between us. If I had a knife, I?m positive I could have sliced it out of mid air. It was difficult to for me to talk. I stumble over my words and added more confusion to the situation. I explained to Bob one more time that I didn?t think he was stealing anyone?s thought and that it was just a misunderstanding. He admitted he somewhat understood, but was just too confused to really get what was happening. I still felt like an asshole. I decided it would be best if I didn?t talk to my friends for awhile.

--------------------

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
    #3897175 - 03/10/05 10:49 AM (19 years, 13 days ago)

I hate it when I'm having a good time tripping and then I catch someones' negative vibes, cause there's nothing you can do to change it. Then the whole trip has this weird feeling to it because you know the other person is upset.

Can you tell us how to find this park you guys were at? It sounds fucking awsome! I've always wanted to trip in a meadow, or a field!

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: dr0mni]
    #3897180 - 03/10/05 10:50 AM (19 years, 13 days ago)

Hey, Brian! What the fuck was up with your wrist?! It seems like its all going to lead somewhere. This trip does have some interesting themes to it...

OfflineBrass
Medicine man

#3898817 - 03/10/05 04:45 PM (19 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

dr0mni said:
I hate it when I'm having a good time tripping and then I catch someones' negative vibes, cause there's nothing you can do to change it. Then the whole trip has this weird feeling to it because you know the other person is upset.

Can you tell us how to find this park you guys were at? It sounds fucking awsome! I've always wanted to trip in a meadow, or a field!

since youre in FL...youd have to take a REALLY long drive north on I-75....to Michigan :wink:.  this story is going to get more bizarre....that was a very strange day.  its almost like we encountered every aspect of the forest during that trip.  id like to tell you more...but this is djd586's story...dont wanna blow it.  i dont think hes going to leave anything out.  this last part is damn near the middle of the trip, so you know theres alot more coming :smile:.

--------------------

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#3899541 - 03/10/05 06:58 PM (19 years, 13 days ago)

Part 10
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walked over to my backpack and decided to put it back on. I felt like I had rested long enough and I wanted to start walking again. Mostly just to escape the situational tension I had created by apparently accusing Bob of ?stealing thoughts.? I still didn?t understand exactly what happened and I struggled to put the pieces together in my mind. Brian noticed me put my backpack on my shoulders and take a few steps away from the pavilion. ?We going to start to walk again,? Brian asked. I nodded my head.

I waited for Bob and Brian to catch up to me as I walked towards the path we walked in on. They both stopped in the middle of the clearing and called out my name. ?Hey, you?re going the wrong way,? Bob yelled. ?Was I,? I thought. I was positive we walked in on this particular path. ?No,? I said, ?I?m sure we came in this way.? ?No,? Bob replied, ?We walked in this way,? he said pointing down a path that was adjacent to the pavilion. ?I think he?s right,? Brian said. I knew in my gut they were both wrong but I decided to do it their way. I didn?t want to create any more tension amidst the three of us than I already had. I grudgingly followed the two of them down the path I was certain was wrong. I pondered what we would do if we got lost on the trails. I reasoned that all the trails had to lead back to the nature center so if we did get lost, as long as we stayed on the trail, we should be fine. It was the first rational thought I had in hours.

The path was wider then the trails we had been walking on before. It led down a gentle slope to the base of a hill I didn?t even know we were atop. I was just a few feet behind my friends when I heard a cracking sound come from down the path. ?Stop,? I said quietly. Bob and Brian looked back at me. ?What?s wrong,? Brian asked. I could smell a strong musty smell in the air, it smelled faintly like urine. I wasn?t sure, but I thought something was watching us from the bottom of the hill. I squinted my eyes tightly in an attempt to see down the path. I wasn?t seeing anything special. Brian back peddled till he was standing next to me. ?What do you see,? he asked nervously. ?I think there?s a deer down there,? I replied. I was surprised I said that because I didn?t know what, if anything was at the bottom of the hill. ?You?re right,? Bob said, I can see it. ?I?m right,? I thought to myself half surprised. ?Where,? Brian asked excitedly. ?Right there, a few feet off the path, in the trees,? Bob said pointing in the direction of the deer. ?I still don?t see anything,? Brian replied.

Bob, Brain and I, slowly crept down the path, trying not to make any noise. I was still having a hard time seeing the deer. I would catch brief glimpses of it here and there. I pondered the possibility of the deer being nothing more than a hallucination, but I wanted to be certain. We reached the base of the hill. The three of us stood shoulder to shoulder squinting into the low tree cover. ?I see it,? Bob said. He pointed it out. It blended in perfectly with the tree trunks. Once I recognized where it stood exactly, its outline became apparent. ?It?s a doe,? Bob said, ?A big one too!? She looked at us momentarily then resumed feeding on leaves of the low lying branches. She was magnificent looking. Beautifully tan with a rich white underside. We stood there motionless admiring her.

I couldn?t believe that she hadn?t run away yet. She was totally unconcerned with us and focused on eating her leaves. It was still hard to see her. When the wind blew gently through the trees and the shade shifted from the moving branches, I would lose sight of her completely.

My vision was totally askew from the excitement of the moment. Visuals, which had subsided with the tension at the pavilion, were slowing starting to creep back into my world. My vision became pixilated and geometric shapes and patterns started to form in the vegetation. It was becoming increasingly difficult to keep sight of the deer. ?I don?t believe how hard I?m tripping right now,? I said to Bob and Brian. ?I?m convincing myself that there?s two deer.? ?Yeah,? Brian replied, ?I?m getting the same thing. I?m not sure if there?s one or two in there.? I crept in closer to the tree line. Bob followed close behind. I accidentally stepped on a stick making a loud cracking noise. The doe jumped and popped her head up to look at us. A fawn scurried to her side. ?There ARE two,? Bob whispered. ?Yeah, it?s a fawn.? I replied. ?I can?t believe this is happening to us,? Brian said. ?I mean, we?re only like 15 feet away from them.? ?Yeah, this is pretty amazing,? I replied. The doe redirected her focus off us and resumed eating. It was obvious she considered us no threat to her and her fawn.

Brian walked down the path 10 feet or so to get a different view of the two deer. He stopped and squinted into the brush. ?I think there might be 3,? he said. ?I can?t tell if there are 3 or I?m just getting double vision,? I replied back. I stepped in even closer to get a look. My right foot was now planted a few feet off the path. I couldn?t be certain but it sure did look like there was another fawn. I backed out cautiously so not to scare them. It was so bizarre how I couldn?t make out how many deer there was. There were possibly as many as four of them standing there, but I was too high to be certain. I wondered if the deer were having just as hard a time seeing me as I was having seeing them.

We stood there silently watching the deer. Occasionally Brian would say, ?Yeah, there are three, no wait, just two. Well maybe 3. Damn! It's too hard to tell. My vision is too pixilated to see clearly? He repeated this same sentence 5 or 6 times in the course of 5 minutes. ?Be quite,? whispered to him each time he spoke. ?I don?t want to scare them away.? ?I don?t think they?re going anywhere,? Bob said. ?If they wanted to get away, they would have done it by now, especially with her having a fawn.? ?You?re probably right,? I admitted. ?I wonder if they can tell we?re tripping,? I asked. ?I bet they can,? Bob replied. ?That?s probably why they haven?t took off. They can see we?re one with nature right now and the last thing we want to do is attack them.? That sounds reasonable I thought.

?I still can?t tell how many there are,? Brian said. I looked down at him and watched him creep in closer to the deer. I was amazed at how close he was getting. He was only 10 feet away from the doe now. I looked at the doe for her reaction. She didn?t mind his presence at all. Then Brian dramatically stumbled backwards waving his arms in the air, apparently swatting at some sort of insect. The doe darted off, and behind her followed two fawns. The third one, which we weren?t certain was there, was only 9 or 10 feet off to Brian?s left. ?What did you do that for,? Bob said in disappointment. ?There was a bug in my face,? Brian replied. ?Well, now we know there were three,? I said.

--------------------

Edited by djd586 (03/10/05 07:34 PM)

Offline88mustanggt

#3899990 - 03/10/05 08:44 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

omg deer sweet. i look forward for the next part tonight? hopefully? please come on its like heroin im addicted. i need more

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: 88mustanggt]
    #3900109 - 03/10/05 09:05 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

This story better not end with "And then we came down and smoked some weed. It was the best trip ever!" LOL!!

Deer are the shit! You don't wanna fuck with a buck though!

You know I'm right next to I-75 actually, and I might make a trip up to Canada this summer! So tell me where the damn park is! At least a name or something. It definitely sounds like it would be worth the "trip"! It would be so crazy to be tripping at the same water pump that you guys were at...

Hey, I think this story should win the prize for that story contest(http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Marketplace&Number=3826311) in one of the other forums! The end date is tommorrow, but it could still win, even half finished!

Edited by dr0mni (03/10/05 09:29 PM)

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#3900359 - 03/10/05 10:07 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Oh well... It's more rewarding to me that you guys are enjoying story. Thanks for all the positive comments. I'll try to have the next part out by tomorrow night.

--------------------

Offlineaxis_tech
Rollin' Stoned

#3902160 - 03/11/05 10:57 AM (19 years, 12 days ago)

you should make this into a book man, i havnt been so interested in reading somthing in awhile. I live in the country so every trip is a nature trip for me :smile:.

--------------------
takes a token' and keeps on smoken'

Offlinesuperfalk
shroomer
 User Gallery

Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: axis_tech]
    #3902278 - 03/11/05 11:15 AM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

axis_tech said:
you should make this into a book man, i havnt been so interested in reading somthing in awhile. I live in the country so every trip is a nature trip for me :smile:.

Actually Thats what I was in the process of doing, I'm gonna lay out everything for him....all i have right now is the cover...let me know what ya think

--------------------
I'm Shpongled!

OfflineBrass
Medicine man

Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: superfalk]
    #3904019 - 03/11/05 04:40 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

superfalk said:
Quote:

axis_tech said:

Actually Thats what I was in the process of doing, I'm gonna lay out everything for him....all i have right now is the cover...let me know what ya think

Boy....that looks pretty familiar :laugh:.

--------------------

Offlineshrooma
Did you hear therumour?
Male

Loc: Near the exit of the entr...
Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: Brass]
    #3905319 - 03/11/05 11:04 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

excellent, i'd buy the book anyday! It may have not have been funny at the time but the part where bob comes out with something like "I'm not stealing your thoughts?!?!" is fukn hilarious! 5 star

--------------------
"[More than] half the people in federal prison are there for drug offences. We're arresting half a million people a year for possessing marijuana. We're locking up kids sometimes for life for their first drug offence. We have no room in our prisons for rapists and child molesters and murderers cause we're filling them up with these non violent drug offenders." - Steven Duke, Yale Law School on 'Hooked: Illegal Drugs and How They Got That Way'
-

OfflineBrass
Medicine man

Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: shrooma]
    #3905479 - 03/12/05 12:12 AM (19 years, 11 days ago)

lol i wasnt stealing his thoughts. i thought that he said i was stealing his thoughts....then i got really confused and said "i aint stealing nobodys thoughts". we're going to do that again this summer. the nickname we gave that pavillion in the middle of the woods is the "Thoughts Barn"....since thats the place our minds became a wandering ball of awe and confusion.

--------------------

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

#3905725 - 03/12/05 02:52 AM (19 years, 11 days ago)

Seriously though, where is this place?

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#3913407 - 03/13/05 08:22 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Sorry about the delay.
Part 11
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

?That was badass,? Bob said excitedly. ?We were like only 10 feet from them and they didn?t even mind!? ?Yeah, I can?t believe that happened,? Brian added. ?Too bad you went and scared them off, I bet I could have walked up and petted the doe,? Bob replied. ?The coolest thing about the whole situation was the fact that we couldn?t even tell how many there were. I was sure there was only one for the first 5 minutes.?

I listened to Bob and Brian chatter back and forth about the deer. Although I too thought it was an astonishing encounter, I was more worried about being on the wrong path. I really wanted to get back to the other trail, but didn?t know how to communicate my concern without coming across as an asshole. ?Wasn?t the deer badass,? Bob said looking in my direction. He caught me in mid thought and I didn?t immediately respond. ?Yeah, that was pretty amazing,? I replied. ?Hey, you think we might have gone the wrong way?? I mean the water pump was basically only 20 yards down the trail from the pavilion.? ?Yeah, you?re right,? Bob said. ?We need to go back the other way.? I was relieved that he finally noticed we ventured down the wrong trail.

We hiked back up towards the pavilion. Bob continued to rant about the deer. Brian shared his thoughts about the deer once again and I remained silent. They sounded like a broken record saying the same things over and over again. I returned to my previous mindset in which I reasoned the less I said, the less of an asshole I would be. I looked closely at the pavilion as we passed. I was glad that we were finally going to be rid of the retched, run down hunk of negativity.

I struggled to push aside the braches that hung across the trail that led back to the water pump. I let one swing back behind me and it hit Brian in the chest. I heard him take a deep pissed off breath. I felt his eyes gaze into the back of my next with rage. I felt my sunburn tingle. ?Great, I?m being an asshole again,? I thought. I apologized to Brian and he grudgingly accepted. My thoughts started to overlap with negative thoughts of how I was being an asshole. I was so busy thinking that I didn?t even take time to notice we had passed by the water pump and arrived back at the main trail. I looked slow and long down both directions of the trail, not sure in which way to go. Bob took the initiative and turned left. I stood in place momentarily trying to evaluate if the direction he chose was the right one. I didn?t care anymore. I followed my friends with my head hanging towards the ground.

We were walking adjacent to the field with the electrical wires. I watched as dragon flies zipped by leaving colorful trails behind them. The trails weren?t as vivid as earlier I thought. I waved my hand in front of my face to see if it left a trail; it did. I was surprised how delayed my hand trail was. ?I guess I?m not coming down yet,? I thought.

I tried to pick up on the conversation Bob and Brian we having. They were still talking about the deer. I briefly reflected on the encounter and then refocused on me being an asshole. I couldn?t get over the thought that I was the cause of all tension in the world and Brian and Bob knew it. I wondered why they never told me before. Why, if I was such an asshole, did they hang out with me? I certainly wouldn?t want to be friends with me I thought.

I was snapped out of my train of thought when a strong stench of death entered my nose. I looked around panicked. I felt a strange popping under my feet as I stepped. I quickly tip toed over the trail to try and avoid whatever it was I was stepping on. I didn?t see anything that would justify the popping feeling. ?Do you smell that,? I asked. ?Yeah, I smell something but I don?t know what it is,? Bob replied. ?I think there?s a dead animal around here,? I said. ?You think so,? questioned back. I didn?t respond. I scanned the area for something dead. I noticed a cloud of flies scatter from a branch that Brian brushed aside from the side of the trail. ?Yeah, I smell something funny too,? Brian added. ?Whatever it is, it?s nasty!?

We continued to walk. I looked back frequently to the point on the trail that contained the repulsive smell. I didn?t see what caused the smell, but I painted a mental picture of a dead deer lying just off the side of the trail in the trees, rotting and covered with flies and maggots. It made me feel awkward and dirty and it enhanced the negativity in my thoughts.

--------------------

Offline88mustanggt

#3913442 - 03/13/05 08:31 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

"if I was such an asshole, did they hang out with me? I certainly wouldn?t want to be friends with me I thought"

:frown:

Offlinespread8out
rescue toaster

Loc: Tennessee
Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Long) [Re: 88mustanggt]
    #3913628 - 03/13/05 09:11 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

haha, great read!

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#3918579 - 03/14/05 10:07 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Part 12

The trail meandered along the narrow field for another 50 yards then turned abruptly back into the forest. I looked back down the trail one last time before I retreated under the trees. It bothered me that I didn?t know what caused that horrible smell or what cause that popping sensation under my feet. I reasoned that I probably would never know the answer. I rubbed the back of my sun burnt neck and made another mental note not to that again and I once again had to quicken my pace to catch up to my friends.

Bob stopped in the middle of the trail to take a look around. I didn?t notice that he had stopped and walked into him. He looked at me and laughed. ?Doing ok there,? he asked. I nodded. I looked around our surroundings. The forest was a vibrant clover green. Every last tree trunk, rock and branch that lay on the ground was covered in a green carpet of moss. It gave a magical feeling to the forest. ?I bet this is where the gnomes live,? I said. ?I bet you?re right,? Bob replied.

I looked over at Brian. He was casually looking around at the trees. I watched him as he adjusted his focus down to the middle of the trail and then kicked his foot at a daddy long leg that was creeping across the path. ?Damn bugs,? Brain said under his breath. I watched as the daddy long leg he kicked at changed direction and ran off under a mossy dead tree branch. I bent down to feel the moss on the branch. It was soft and moist. Like everything I touch when I?m high on mushrooms, it felt totally different then I had expected it to feel. I ran my hand down the length of the branch, then flipped my hand over and ran the backside of it back down the branch. I withdrew my hand quickly to my side when I noticed a daddy long legs scampering next to the branch. I remained in a crouched position and scanned the branch. There we at least 15 daddy long legs slowly treading along top and the sides. I promptly stood up and looked at the ground around me. Next too my foot stood another daddy long leg, next to that daddy long leg, two feet to the right, stood two more. I took a step back and then crouched back down to study the ground closer. It was crawling with hundreds of the strange little creatures. ?They?re every where,? I said in a panic. ?What?s every where,? Bob asked. ?Daddy long legs,? I replied. ?Where,? he questioned. I pointed to one, then another, the three more that were standing close together. Bob and Brian?s eyes followed my finger as I pointed out at least 30.

?Holy shit,? Brian exclaimed. ?Let?s get the fuck out of this place.? The tone in Brian?s voice startled me and I stood up quickly and stumbled a few steps backwards off the other side of the trail. My heel scraped the side of a skinny dead tree stump. I turned around and briefly looked at the stump. There were 2 daddy long legs running down the side of it. I kicked it with the side of foot and it instantly up rooted and crumbled. Several more daddy long legs emerged from the rotted woody rubble. I hopped back on to the trail and initiated our retreat.

The three of us walked quickly down the path. I kept my gaze focused on the forest floor for daddy long legs. There were thousands of them. With each step I took, I watched as 10 scattered out of the way of my foot. I frequently bent over to brush off one that made its way onto my shoe. My body was tingling with the panic of the moment. I felt like the daddy long legs were crawling all over me. I swatted at each tingle I felt on my body hoping to swat off a daddy long leg. I watched Brian, who was walking next to me, do the same.

Bob remained calm and I?m glad he did. If he wasn?t there to calm my nerves, I could have easily ran off into the woods, screaming like an insane idiot, trying to escape from the army of daddy long legs. ?Don?t worry, they?re harmless,? Bob said. ?Once we get out of this part of the woods, they?ll be gone.? ?They?re not harmless,? Brian replied. ?I heard that they are the most deadly spider on Earth but their fangs are just too small to penetrate the skin. ? Of course I knew that Brian?s statement was a far fetched myth, but I was too high to comprehend a logical thought and I put my hopes on Bob being the correct one in the daddy long leg debate.

The trail exited the forest into a narrow weedy filed. It was a shame that we had to hurry through the moss covered forest. If it wasn?t for the hoards of daddy long legs I reasoned that it would be an excellent place to relax and trip. I briefly considered mentioning that we should go back, but I thought better of it. I listened to Bob and Brian chatter back and forth about the daddy long legs. ?Man, did you see how many there were. That was insane. I wonder why there were so many,? Bob said. ?Who the fuck knows,? Brian responded. It wasn?t more then 15 minutes ago the two were talking excitedly about the deer, now they couldn?t keep quite about the daddy long legs. I started to realize that our trip was nothing more than a series of encounters with the wildlife and then the recollection of the encounter. The recollection was always much more intense and elaborate then the encounter itself. I chuckled and thought ?Maybe that?s all life is; an elaboration of our encounters.?

I followed slowly behind my friends. I realized that my thought hadn?t been so negative since we exited the forest. I smiled and decided it would be safe to open up my communication to my friends again. I was just being stupid anyhow. Remaining silent to linger on my own destructive thoughts wasn?t such a bright idea. ?I?m ready to rest again when you guys are,? I stated. ?As soon as we find a bench I?ll rest,? Brian said. ?I don?t want to sit on any daddy long legs.? I was glad that we were talking openly again.

The path started up a hill and I labored forward trying to keep pace with my friends. My skin still tingled from the daddy long leg experience and the sun wasn?t making the situation any easier for me. The back of my neck was burning with pain and my backpack was starting to bother me. I hoped one of my friends would soon extend an offer to carry it. I was pissed that I brought it along on the hike. I had only opened it once to get a drink of water, other then that, it was nothing more then a useless burden on my back. Next time I?ll make sure not to bring this damn thing I thought.

--------------------

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

#3918778 - 03/14/05 10:58 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Dude, what's with the fear of the daddys? I love those things! Their so harmless and trippy! I'd let them crawl all over me!!

In Florida, there are NO benign insects; everywhere you go there is a fire ant hill LITERALLY every 20 feet. I'm not even exaggerating. Not to mention west nile virus, alligators, giant banana spiders.

Then there's the plant life; sand spurs (like grass spurs, except they stick to you by STABBING your skin!), ugly little cacti, every damn plant has thorns or poison or some shit. Even the grass in your lawn hurts to walk on (fucking crab grass).

Shit, I used to walk through the forest of pennsylvania bare foot! You guys have it easy up north. I'd do anything to trip in northern woods.

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#3920811 - 03/15/05 11:55 AM (19 years, 8 days ago)

I lived in southern Florida for a bit and I know what you mean about the insects. I remember going out into the Everglades at dusk and even with a thick coating of insect repelent, I still think I lost a pint of blood from the mosquitos. But to answer your question about the daddy long legs. . . it's not that we thought that they were going to harm us, it was the fact that there were literally thousands of them. It was pretty creepy.

--------------------

Edited by djd586 (03/16/05 12:46 AM)

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

#3922317 - 03/15/05 06:29 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

but even before that incident you guys seemed to be creeped out by one or two of them.

But I could understand being creeped by an army of little bugs. Man, what a trip!

now keep typing! *Cracks Whip!* Type for our amusement now!!

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#3924991 - 03/16/05 10:40 AM (19 years, 7 days ago)

Part 13
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stopped in the middle of the trail to catch my breath. The combination of the heat, walking up hill, and the backpack I was carrying was too much for me. Brian stopped and looked back at me. ?You ok,? he asked. ?I?m over heating,? I replied. I felt my lower stomach gurgle and cramp up and I couched down to counter the pain. Brian called ahead to Bob to come back. Bob turned around and gave us the ?now what? look. ?What?s wrong,? Bob asked as he walked back towards us. ?It?s your turn to carry the back pack,? I replied. He walked behind me and lifted the shoulder straps off my back. I felt the coolness of my sweat drenched shirt as he removed. It was amazingly refreshing. ?Ah shit! You have this thing soaking wet with sweat,? Bob said. He gave me a disappointed look and apprehensively placed the backpack on he back. ?This is nasty,? he said. ?I?m sorry,? I said. ?I guess I shouldn?t have brought it.?

Brian and Bob stood in the middle of the path waiting for me to stand back up. ?You going to throw up,? Brian asked. ?No, I don?t even feel nauseous. I feel a monster shit brewing up though,? I replied. I stood back up and then quickly doubled back over and heaved. Brian and Bob both took a few steps back. I heaved again. ?Just random dry heaves,? I struggled to state. I heaved once more, this time with more force then the previous two heaves. My vision clouded with bright colors and dancing stars. I remained bent over momentarily, secretly enjoying what I was seeing. ?I feel better now,? I said as I stood back up. Brian and Bob remained a few steps away from me. Just in case.

We stood there in the hot sun waiting for me to catch my breath so we could continue to walk. Brian gazed into the tree line that ran along the narrow field. ?What are you looking at,? Bob asked Brian. ?I?m trying to figure out if I?m seeing a line run through the trees or if it?s just a hallucination,? Brian responded. Bob and I Both looked to the place Brian was looking. A thin black line ran down the length of the field about 3 feet up through the tree line. ?That has to be a barbed wire fence,? I said. As soon as I said that, the line vanished. ?No wait, I don?t see it anymore.? ?Yeah, that?s what happened to me,? Brian said. I focused on the tree line waiting for the line to reappear. I would see it for a brief second then it would vanish again. ?I don?t see anything,? Bob said. ?Oh wait, now I do! Wait! No?yeah?well?Shit, I don?t know. I can?t tell if there is a line there or not.?

The line appeared then vanished several times. I decided just to give up on it. I wasn?t about to wade my way through the waist high weeds to the tree line just to see if there was a fence there or not. It was a very strange thing though. It was hard to figure out if a wire was running through the tree branches or the branched themselves were just creating an illusion of a line. ?Is there or isn?t there a line there,? Brian asked. ?I don?t know,? I replied and started to walk. Brian didn?t want to give up on the issue though. ?I want to know, it?s bugging me.? ?Why is it bugging you,? Bob asked. ?Well if there isn?t a line and it?s just the branches making it seem like there?s a line, then that?s a pretty cool hallucination. But if there?s a fence there and that?s the reason for the line, then it sucks that I have been wasting my time looking at a fence in the trees thinking it was a hallucination,? Brian debated. ?I think it?s just a fence,? Bob replied. I doubt we?d all see the same thing if it wasn?t there.? ?But we all seen the same trails the dragon flies left behind,? Brian contended. Bob stood there for a moment with a blank look on his face. ?Yeah, you?re right,? he said as he readjusted his focus back to the tree line to examine for the line once more. ?C?mon on,? I yelled from 10 yards up the trail. ?It?s just a line! Who cares if it?s there or not, I just want to get out of this sun!? Brian let out a groan of disappointment and started to walk towards me. Bob took one last look at the trees then followed Brian close behind.

I felt much lighter and cooler as I continued to climb the hill. I was relieved that I didn?t have the burden of backpack on my shoulders. I could see the path enter the forest again up ahead and I quickened my pace. I looked back to see where Bob and Brian were. Brian walked 10 feet behind me and Bob 10 feet behind him. They both looked into the tree line as they walked, trying to negotiate if there was still a line. ?There is no spoon,? I yelled back at Brian. ?What,? he questioned back? ?You know, from the Matrix. ?There is no spoon,? I said.
?What?s that supposed to mean,? he asked. ?Just trying to tell you that it doesn?t matter if there is or isn?t a line there,? I replied. ?I still don?t get it,? he responded. I didn?t reply back. It made perfect sense to me I thought.

--------------------

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
    #3928848 - 03/17/05 01:05 AM (19 years, 6 days ago)

hey man great trip report I just read it all in one sitting.  good stuff.  the part about the deers man gives away your city dwelling ways.  I live in south texas and I have been around deer my whole life, in fact there is a subdivision in san antonio called "hollywood park" where the deer have invaded adn people feed them on their back poarches and stuff they are just about all tame there. 

As for bugs I hate them.  Mostly because south texas sounds alot like south florida.  Fire ants, tons of spiders including all the good ones like black widow, funnel web, brown recluse, wolf(a psuedo tarantula), real terrantula, and of course daddy long legs, wasps and bees everywhere, mesquitos, sand fleas, chiggers, fuckin june bugs(not dangerous I just hate when then fly into my hippy hair), and scorpions up the butt.  Plus texas is home to like 10 species of poisonous snakes, and then there are the coyotes and wild boars to worry about with teh occasional bobcat thrown in.  but other than that its a great place.  :smile:

Keep writing man.  Peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: blaze2]
    #3930326 - 03/17/05 12:12 PM (19 years, 6 days ago)

oh yeah, I forgot about the scorpions, chiggers, and sand fleas...

never ran into to many of those, but they're around.

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

#3930501 - 03/17/05 12:55 PM (19 years, 6 days ago)

yea the south is infected with bugs man. My friends mom was from new jersey and she never saw a snake or a scorpion or that many other bugs up there at all. It gets too cold I guess.

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#3930506 - 03/17/05 12:58 PM (19 years, 6 days ago)

Part 14

Once I stepped back into the cover of the forest, I stood and waited for Brian and Bob to catch up. This new part of the forest looked very similar to the woods when we first started on the trail, back by the river. Tall oak trees towered above us on each side of the path and sporadic spots of light speckled the forest floor. I was disappointed when I didn?t see the sun spots rise up, form in to intricate patterns, and begin to dance like they had earlier. I evaluated how high I still was. Although I wasn?t getting the intense visuals, I still felt very high. I asked Bob and Brian if they were starting to come down. ?I don?t know,? Brian said, ?If anything, I think I might still be getting higher.? ?Yeah, same here,? Bob said. I looked back down at the sun spots and waited to see if they would move. They didn?t. I shrugged in disappointment. ?I don?t think I?m visual anymore,? I said. I gazed back down at the trail and looked a dried leaf. It slowly stretched and appeared to crawl off to the side of the trail. ?There we go,? I thought.

We walked slowly down the path. There wasn?t much talking. Just the occasional ?Those deer we seen were badass,? from Bob. Brian was walking in front of me and I noticed he had taken a concern with his wrist again. I wondered what could have been bothering him about it. Maybe he just liked how his watch band looked. ?What time is it,? I asked Brian. ?Um?it says?um?I think its 1:10,? he replied. I tried to calculate how much time had elapsed but it was still too much of an abstract concept for me to consider. ?Ok, so how long has it been,? I asked. ?Um?5?maybe 6 hours,? Brian replied. ?Well shouldn?t we be coming down then? We never trip for this long,? I said. ?I hope we come down soon,? Brian replied. ?I?m not having a good time right now.? ?I know how you feel,? I replied, ?I went through a bit of that back by the pavilion. You?ll be ok.?

The trail continued through the tall trees. The path slithered down a hill until we wandered into a shallow ravine with two shallow sloped hills on either side of us. It gave a remarkable feeling to the trail, like it was some sort of mythical trail from ?The Lord of The Rings?. Despite Bob?s repetitiveness with the statements about the deer and Brian not having such a good time, I was feeling great. I was enjoying my surroundings, my mind was clear of negative thoughts and I had an absolutely euphoric body buzz. Every so often a rush of pleasure would wave over my body. It was so intense it would cause my eyes to tear up. ?Whoa,? I exclaimed as I stopped to catch my breath. ?What,? Bob asked. ?I just had another rush,? I replied. ?You bastard, I haven?t got any rushes! Share the wealth,? He replied back. ?I would if I could,? I said with a big smile.

I slowly waved my hand in front of my face and enjoyed the trails it left behind. I took in a deep breath of the forest air and felt rejuvenated as it filled my lungs. I was having such a good time. It was the best part of the trip for me. I took another deep breath. This time I got a strong whiff of mushrooms. It was a really potent fungi smell. At first I attributed it to me be high, but then Bob noticed it too. ?I smell shrooms,? he said. I looked at Brian. ?Yeah, I smell them too,? he said as he looked at his wrist closely and put it back down to his side. ?There?s has to be a patch of mushrooms growing around here, lets spread out and find them,? I commanded.

Bob walked off the trail to the left and pushed his way through the trees, looking at the ground closely for the mushrooms. Brian and I did the same on the right side of the path. It was hard to locate the origin of the shroomy smell. It was all around us. Just when I thought I was right on top of the smell, it would vanish and I couldn?t smell anything at all. I scoured the hillside but didn?t see any mushrooms. I looked behind trees, lifted branched, turned over rocks and brushed aside leaves but found nothing. Bob had similar bad luck. ?Where ever these bastards are, they?re hiding really well,? I stated. ?Yeah, no shit,? Bob replied, ?I can?t find them anywhere!? Brian wasn?t into the hunt as much as Bob and I were. I watched him kick aside a few leaves, look around at some of the trees, then walk back down to the path. ?We?re not going to find them,? he said. ?Let?s keep on walking.? ?I want to see if we can find them,? Bob said. ?Maybe they?re the kind we can trip off of.? ?I highly doubt it,? I replied. ?The chances are like 1 in 1000, but I would still like to see what kind of mushroom they are.? I saw a look of disappointment on Brian?s face as I looked down at him. I decided, for his sake, that it might be best to started walking again. ?We?re not going to find them. Let?s get going Bob,? I said. ?Alright,? he replied in disappointed tone. ?Maybe, we?ll find them next time,? I stated.

The smell of the mushrooms gave Bob something new to ramble on about as we began to walk again. I half listened to him as he went into detail about how we came across shroomy smell. ?It was weird as fuck,? he said. ?We were just walking along and then boom, mushroom smell.? I laughed. ?Yep, that?s about it,? I replied. Brian didn?t find Bob?s statement about the shrooms funny at all. ?Yep, mushrooms will smell like that,? he said in an irritated tone. Bob didn?t pick up on Brian?s agitation and then once again told us about the mushroom smell. I laughed again. ?Good old Bob,? I thought to myself.

The trail climbed its way out of the shallow ravine and leveled out. I had distinct feeling that we were getting close to completing the big loop the trail lead us on. Soon we would be back by the nature center. I didn?t want it to end so quickly, I was having too much fun. ?Let?s stop and rest here,? I said. Brian looked back at me. ?There?s no where to sit,? he said. ?Sure there is,? I replied. I walked to the middle of the path and sat down Indian style, stretched out my arms, and then let out a breath of relaxation. ?Ah shit, that sounds like a great idea,? Bob said. He walked over to where I was sitting and plopped down right next to me. Brian stood there looking at us. ?I don?t want to get dirty,? he said. ?Too late,? Bob replied pointing at Brian?s legs, ?You?re already filthy.? Brian looked down at his legs then bent down to brush off some of the dry mud that had accumulated on his shins. ?Well, I?m not going to stand here while you guys sit,? he stated as if he didn?t have a choice. He walked over and sat down to the right of me. ?Just relax for a little bit,? Bob said to Brian. ?How often do we get to do this? We?re having the time of our lives and you don?t even know it.? Brian slowly nodded his head and then picked up his wrist to eye level to look at it. I watched him examine it. ?Do you think this blue spot is anything to worry about,? he asked looking in my direction. He moved his wrist over towards my lap and I looked at it. ?Nah, that?s nothing to be worried about,? I said. ?It?s probably just a bruise from your watch.? But in actuality I did think it was something for him to be concerned about. It looked like blood was pooling up under his skin. I smiled back at him and played it off. I just needed some more time to think of a reason why this would happen to his wrist. ?I?m sure it?s just something that?s exaggerated from the mushrooms. You?ll be fine,? I said. ?I hope so,? he replied.

--------------------

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

#3931620 - 03/17/05 05:25 PM (19 years, 6 days ago)

damn the cliffhanger!!

--------------------

Thomas Jefferson

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
    #3931911 - 03/17/05 06:31 PM (19 years, 6 days ago)

Dood, not to be a dick, but your friends seem kinda negative. You seem like a kinda guy who is always happy, and just wants to have a good time, but they were cramping you.

haha, if I was out there, I would be running through fields and laying in the grass.

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: XUL]
    #3933213 - 03/17/05 10:47 PM (19 years, 5 days ago)

They're not negative at all. It was just the fact that we were all to high to actually deal with what was going on. I had to manipulate many of our conversations to make the story make sense. If I didn't, most of it would just be gibberish. What I type in the story is what it sounded like to me when it happened. But I'm sure if there was someone sober standing around us, we would have sounded like a bunch of cavemen rambling on like morons. "Oh look... sun is bright... grass is green... pretty colors..." By manipulating the dialouge, I might have put a slight nagative tone on them, but you have to rememeber, this story is from my point of view and even though the trip was a good one, I spent a good amount of time wrapped up in negative thoughts and emotions. When you think negative and feel negative, everything around you becomes negative. Bob and Brian are both really cool, laid back guys. There's no two other people I'd rather trip with.

Anyhow, I'll try to get the next part out to you guys sometime during this weekend. Once again, thanks for all your responses and thanks for reading.

--------------------

OfflineBrass
Medicine man

#3938898 - 03/19/05 04:05 AM (19 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

djd586 said:
But I'm sure if there was someone sober standing around us, we would have sounded like a bunch of cavemen rambling on like morons. "Oh look... sun is bright... grass is green... pretty colors..."

lmao...im sure we would have. i dont feel too comfortable around sober people, and whats stated above is exactly the reason why.

--------------------

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

#3949962 - 03/21/05 04:34 PM (19 years, 2 days ago)

dont leave us hanging man.

--------------------

Thomas Jefferson

Offlinegoliath_91710
King Dumpster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Las Vegas, NV
    #3950752 - 03/21/05 07:46 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

yeah... you said, "...I'll try to get the next part out to you guys sometime during this weekend."
well, it's past the weekend now. I'm eating some shrooms this friday and i need to whet my appetite, would you please post some more of your story asap please?

--------------------
"Participate joyfully in the sorrows of life." - Joseph Campbell

Offline88mustanggt

Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: goliath_91710]
    #3950765 - 03/21/05 07:51 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

we want more we want more we want more we want more we want more

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: goliath_91710]
    #3951378 - 03/21/05 09:54 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

it'll come, people are busy, calm down now :grin:

trust me, i can't wait to read it either. :mushroom2:

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Edited by TODAY (03/21/05 09:55 PM)

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: TODAY]
    #3952854 - 03/22/05 09:38 AM (19 years, 1 day ago)

Hey brass, I LOVE your signature!!

dispite the dancing bananas it seems somehow profound! A true testiment to the power of the human imagination! LOL!

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#3959998 - 03/23/05 02:18 PM (19 years, 4 hours ago)

I'm really sorry about the delay. I'll try to pick the pace back up and get the next part out faster.

Part 15

My friends and I sat in the middle of the trail for some time. Bob and I talked on and off about the daddy long legs and the deer but Brian remained mostly silent. A little gnat buzzed in front of my eye. I vigorously swatted at it but it was a persistent little bug. I gave up and let it annoyingly hover inches from my face. Bob watched me out of the corner of his eye. I wasn?t sure if he knew that I was swatting at a gnat or if he thought I was going crazy. I chuckled to myself when I thought what I must have looked like to him. If one of my friends was randomly swatting into the air at something that I couldn?t see, I would have looked at them out of the corner of my eye too?thinking they were going crazy. ?I have a gnat in front of my face and it won?t leave me alone,? I said to Bob. ?I hate that,? he replied sharply. He still watched me from out of the corner of my eye. ?Don?t worry, I?m not going crazy,? I said. He smiled but didn?t reply back.

I tried to enjoy the moment. I closed my eyes and listened to the forest. The gnat that was flying around my face occasionally buzzed into my ear. I didn?t bother to swat it away. For the first time I could really hear the birds that were around us. There was an array of chirps and whistles that I don?t think I have ever noticed before, even when sober. I laughed out loud when I heard a near by bird miscue on his song and then start all over again. ?Try again buddy,? I said out loud. I opened my eyes to look at my friends. Neither of them paid attention to what I said. Bob was running his finger through the dirt, making a circle. He picked his hand up to his face and looked closely at the dirt on his finger tip and then resumed drawing circles in the dirt again. I closed my eyes again and listened to the birds.

There were thousands of different sounds all at once. I was amazed at how if I wanted to, I could single just one sound out and focus on it. Everything else in the forest would tune out and it sounded like the sound I was focusing on was the only sound in the forest. I focused in on a bird that was singing a few yards behind me. Its song was beautiful. I closed my eyes tighter in hopes of focusing in more on the song. Bright colors and patterns started to melt into my dark eyed world. ?Oh yeah, I forgot about these,? I thought. I rested my head in my hands and covered my eyes. The darker I made it, the more visuals seeped in. A spiral checkered tube of neon colors twisted wildly to the song of the bird. When the bird would stop singing, the tube would stop spinning. I couldn?t help but giggle in amazement. Once the bird started to sing again the patterns would start to spin and morph. The speed and the intensity of the visuals depended on the speed and the intensity of the bird?s song. ?This is amazing,? I said out loud.

I looked up at my friend. ?Quick, cover your eyes,? I told them. ?What.? Brian questioned. ?If you cover you?re eyes and listen to the birds you?ll see neat things,? I replied. Bob and Brian looked at me puzzled. ?What the hell are you talking about,? Brian asked. I tried to explain it to him more slowly. It still didn?t make sense to him. I looked over to Bob to see if he understood. ?Go ahead and cover your eyes,? I said to him. ?I not covering shit,? he said in a startled tone. I got the sudden feeling I was being an asshole again. I paused and slowly tried to think about what had just happened. It was the excitement in my voice that threw off my friends I reasoned. I tired to slow things down so I could communicate with my friends. I explained what had happened with the bird and the visuals one more time to my friends. This time Brian understood me. He laughed. ?I didn?t understand what the hell you were saying before,? he said. ?You were spitting out gibberish.? ?Man, I must have been really excited,? I replied. ?It sounded like I was speaking clear and slow.? ?You sounded like a chipmunk,? Bob said smiling at me. I smiled back in embarrassment.

I sat there momentarily trying to remember what I had been doing that got me so excited. I was having an enormous brain fart. The confusion that was circling in my mind was almost too much for me to handle. My skin started to tingle and buzz. I began to feel like I was getting higher again. I looked up at my friends. My vision was pixilated. Bob said something to me but I couldn?t understand what he said. He sounded like he was underwater when he spoke, really muffled and far away. I felt my body cover in a cold sweat and I began to breathe heavy and fast. I looked over at Brian. He was sitting with his legs crossed, holding on to his wrist. I watched as he carefully examined his wrist. I slowly started to remember where I was and what I was doing. I felt the buzz on my skin, which had escalated to sharp prickles, ease up and vanish. I spoke out just to see if I was still there. I was relieved to hear my voice. Brian looked up at me. ?I almost lost it there,? I said. He didn?t reply. I watched his focus adjust to my hand which lying next to me. I looked down at it. A daddy long leg walked slowly along side of my pinky finger. I looked at it briefly and then jumped to my feet.

Brian and Bob both laughed at my skittishness. I backed up off the trail and watched as the daddy long leg scampered towards Brian. Then he too jumped to his feet and scuffled out of the path of the bug. The daddy long leg changed direction in the confusion and ran towards Brian?s feet. Brian quickly side stepped it and kicked dirt at it. ?Bastard thing,? he shouted. It once again changed direction and headed for his feet. ?It?s chasing me,? Brian yelled as he jumped over it in fear. I began to think it was chasing him. After he jumped over it, it once again doubled back and ran towards him. Brian picked up a stick from the side of the trail and smacked at the daddy long leg. He missed, but the daddy long leg got the hint and hurried off the path and under some dried leaves. Bob, who was still sitting in the middle of the trail, laughed wildly at Brian. ?It?s only a daddy long leg,? he said. ?Yeah, well, that one was out for my blood,? Brian replied. ?I wasn?t about to take any chances.?

I motioned to Bob to stand up. ?Let?s start walking again,? I said. ?Sounds like a good idea,? he replied. He got up and then took the backpack off his shoulders and handed it back to me. I sighed and then reached out to take it from him. I was disappointed to have the nasty burden of the backpack back. I grudgingly put it on and then started to walk. My friends followed close behind. The trail sloped back down a hill and then turned around a gentle bend. On the other side of the bend, just a 5 minute walk from where we were sitting, was a bench. ?Damn it,? I said. ?We could have just sat here.? ?Oh well, no big deal,? Bob replied. I sat down anyway, just to see how it would have felt to sit on. ?Yeah, we weren?t missing anything,? I said.

--------------------

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
    #3962478 - 03/23/05 10:32 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Man, that backpack must of sucked, it had everything you didn't need and none of what you did..... Weed!!!!

--------------------

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: muistrue]
    #3962955 - 03/24/05 12:15 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

lol too true fractal.

--------------------

Thomas Jefferson

OfflineBrass
Medicine man

Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: muistrue]
    #3963687 - 03/24/05 04:56 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

FractalDust said:
Man, that backpack must of sucked, it had everything you didn't need and none of what you did..... Weed!!!!

i dunno if you wanna be out in the middle of the woods trippin balls for 6 hours with no food or water lol.

--------------------

Edited by Brass (03/24/05 04:57 AM)

OfflineDuke
People areStrange

Loc: Belfast, Northern Ireland
    #4013181 - 04/04/05 03:39 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

so is this story over? i was enjoying it.

Offlinearbalest
wut kent?
Male

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: Duke]
    #4016681 - 04/05/05 10:34 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Whats goin on? I just read the whole story now, and all of a sudden no story for 13 days. This thing is so damn cool, I need to hear the end.

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: arbalest]
    #4019332 - 04/05/05 09:42 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

right!? What happened!?

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#4019929 - 04/06/05 12:26 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Really sorry I haven't kept up on the story. It's been a very hectic past few weeks for me and I haven't found the time to sit down in front of my PC and continue. I'll try to get the next part out by this weekend.

--------------------

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #4032651 - 04/08/05 09:55 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I've read this whole thread over a couple days and enjoyed it a lot. I am amazed that you remember so many details, must of been a day you will never forget in your lifetime!

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in
Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: chodamunky]
    #4129292 - 05/03/05 07:24 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

hummm.... too bad... my computer was down for a while... i was hoping you've posted some more by now
this deserves a bump anyway so...

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: Simisu]
    #4134589 - 05/04/05 08:16 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I'm slacking... I know. I'm trying to write out the rest and put it all together in one post. Can't give you a time frame when it will be up. Hopefully soon though.

--------------------

OfflineCultyVader
Dark SporeApprentice

#4138873 - 05/05/05 05:18 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

amazing story, though the ending could use a bit of improvement. You know, like existing for starters.

Offlineefrog
Ecstatic,Electric,Eclectic
Female User Gallery

Loc: Near the River...
Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: CultyVader]
    #4144900 - 05/07/05 01:43 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Ha good story! :laugh:

xoxo,
Kimberly

--------------------
This is a whole new path. You cannot use your old map on this new path and if you try you'll only end up lost in the woods. Get a new map.

Offlinegoliath_91710
King Dumpster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Las Vegas, NV
    #4321511 - 06/21/05 04:41 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Should I give up on ever hearing the end of this story? This was my favorite trip report ever and I'm really sad that I may never know how it ended.

--------------------
"Participate joyfully in the sorrows of life." - Joseph Campbell

Offlineheavensgate
Stranger
    #4322581 - 06/21/05 09:46 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Please finish this story!

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: heavensgate]
    #4324218 - 06/22/05 10:17 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah! WTF! I wanna know what else happens!! what the fuck was up with his wrist!!

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in
    #5180666 - 01/14/06 04:00 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

another bump for the kiddies :grin:

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:

Invisiblelegin595
Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) *DELETED* [Re: Simisu]
    #5219795 - 01/24/06 09:54 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by legin595

Reason for deletion: please delete

Offlineshafty
fungus is urfriend
Male
Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: legin595]
    #5240939 - 01/30/06 01:14 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

i doubt this trip report will be finished, what a shame. it was such a good report, but i doubt it will be finished eleven months after it was started

Edited by shafty (01/30/06 11:20 PM)

Offlinelarksinc
Stranger
Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: shafty]
    #5242663 - 01/30/06 03:53 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Good bump! I remember this from a long, long time ago and remembering how much I liked it. I got to read the rest of it and was sad to see it hasn't been concluded.

A successful trip report is engaging the reader with the setting, characters, communication with eachother and such. This report has done all of it.

Ending!
Ending!

Hah. Good ol' Bob.

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: larksinc]
    #5245094 - 01/31/06 01:07 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Been away for a long time, sorry. Sometimes life gets in the way of a good trip story. Once again, I apologize to you all. I plan on finishing this report very soon. You guys can expect an update very soon.

--------------------

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#5245189 - 01/31/06 01:49 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Part 16

This is the last part I had written before I stopped posting
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had walked this very path once or twice in the past, sober. For the life of me I couldn?t recall how much more remained or when the next time would be when we could rest again. It was a mere 10 minutes prior when the three of us sat nestled in the shade of the forest in the middle of the trail, but it felt more like years. Every motion I made felt labored including the trip itself. I didn?t know how much more my mind and body could take. Hallucinations started to become second nature to me. I shrugged off the amazing glowing streaks the dragonflies left behind as they screamed past my face.

The three of us started to walk with purpose. Although none of us spoke out loud, the mental consensus was to get back to the nature center and sit around and wait until the remainder of the trip wore off.

Brian, who was now walking very sluggishly in front of me, was now grasping his wrist, as though he was trying to conceal it from Bob and I. I wanted to ask him if he was ok but I remained silent. ?God forbid something actually be wrong with him and we would have to deal with it out in the middle of the woods,? I thought.

The trail opened up and hugged the edge of another large meadow. I couldn?t be sure, but it seemed like it was the same large field we first encountered at the beginning of the hike. I scanned the horizon to search of the trail that originally guided us into the forest but saw nothing. Still I was sure it was the same field and I felt a rush of relief rush over me. ?I think we?re getting close to getting back,? I said to Bob and Brian. Bob stopped and looked back. ?You think?? Bob replied. ?Yeah. This looks like the same field we first saw,? I said. ?They all look like the same field we first saw,? Brain replied. ?I thought the same thing 5 fields back. . .forest, field, forest, field, forest, field. . . I think we?re stuck out here.? ?We?re not stuck out here,? Bob replied. ?Jay?s right, we are getting close, I think I hear the river.?

We stood there silent. Brian and I struggled to hear a river. The more I struggled to hear a river, the more of everything else I heard. Birds singing, crickets, an airplane, a distant gunshot, more birds singing, the buzz of a cicada, but not one sound of the rush of water. ?I?m telling you,? Bob said, ?I hear a river. It has to be two or three hundred yards up the trail.? ?Well, lets get going then,? Brian replied, ?I really need to sit down.? I looked at Brian grasping his wrist and felt a sense of urgency to end the hike. I almost let the question slip out of my mouth. ?What?s wrong with your?? But I stopped myself. No need to create any unneeded panic I thought. If there?s something wrong, he?ll let us know.

--------------------

Offlineseta_hombre
Stranger
    #5247224 - 01/31/06 02:55 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Hey great report.

But seriously where is this nature reserve, I live in Michigan so I'd like to visit it and all the crazy places you tripped.

P.S. The wrist thing is bugging the shit out of me  :wink:

Offlinekungpow
SeasonedPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: AaAaAaAa
Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: seta_hombre]
    #5282122 - 02/09/06 02:49 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

So that is the end? I think that you owe it all to everyone to tell what was wrong with the his wrists. I also would like to know where the hell that damn park is. I live in Saginaw, MI and it sounds like you live in the city buy I don't know any state parks down by detroit. You might be from grand rapids or something and I don't know anything about the western side of the state. Just hook me up with the name of the park because I want to trip there when it gets warm.

--------------------
Monotub #3 - check out my best grow to date!!!!

OfflineWoland
The MercilessWarrior
 User Gallery

Loc: FL
Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: kungpow]
    #5344792 - 02/27/06 10:30 AM (18 years, 24 days ago)

I'm bumpin this again. This must be finished! Written so well, I keep finding myself half-trippin getting lost in the story. WHAT HAPPENS?
"oh yeah, to be continued..."

--------------------
"It's bad enough that you sell your waking life for minimum wage, but now they get your dreams for free."

OfflineGliders
Oh, hello!

Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: Woland]
    #5356905 - 03/02/06 10:13 AM (18 years, 21 days ago)

Bump again. I MUST know what happened.

--------------------

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in Flag
Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: Gliders]
    #5627892 - 05/14/06 10:18 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Gliders said:
Bump again.  I MUST know what happened.

:yesnod:

--------------------

OfflineKDR
Stranger
Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) *DELETED* [Re: Simisu]
    #5926014 - 08/02/06 04:43 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by KDR

Reason for deletion: X

OfflineGbBaker
The King.
Male

Loc: Kanda
Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: KDR]
    #5940722 - 08/07/06 12:42 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Very nice trip report. There is many nature trails liek that in newfoundland. some you can get lost on in a circle of trails. but anyways
BUMP

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order