Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Long) [Re: djd586]
    #3885355 - 03/07/05 11:43 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

Part 7
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I played with the back of my neck. It hurt when I touched it, but I kept on doing it anyhow. The pain felt different, much more intense. I was still confused as too how I got sun burned. It didn?t occur to me that half the time I was walking the trail across the field I was looking down at the ground, exposing my neck. I looked over at Brian. He seemed like he was concerned with his wrist. I watched as he looked closely at it, then let it rest at his side, then put it in front of his face again to reexamine it. I didn?t say anything. I put my focus at the nearing trees. It would be just a minute before we reached them. I could feel the moisture in the air rise. When we finally stepped into the shade it felt very satisfying.

Entering the forest, the trail ducked under a low lying tree branch. I watch Bob push it aside, then as Brian did the same. I was caught off guard as Brian let the branch go and it swung back knocking my hat off my head. I leaned over to pick it up. A daddy long leg scurried across the trail. It was creepy looking. It was such an odd creature. I watched as it ducked under a weed. A few feet up the trail, another one stood motionless. I thought about poking at it with my finger, but I decided it would be best if I ignored it. I picked up my hat and placed it back on my head. When I stood up, the lush greenness of the forest took me off guard. It was a different wooded area then the area around the river. The cover was thicker; the trees closer together. There were vines engulfing the trunks of the trees. I watched in astonishment as the vines slithered like snakes, moving up towards the tree tops.

The trail moved down a hill. It was steep. I nearly tripped over a half buried rock that was lying in the middle of the path. I was feeling higher then I did just a moment ago and wondered if Brian and Bob felt the same. ?How you guys feeling,? I asked. ?Fucked up,? Bob said without hesitation. Brian didn?t reply. I asked him if he was ok. ?Just getting a little bout with the thoughts,? he stated. I let him be. The path leveled off and the trees cleared momentarily. The sun stung the back of my neck. I rubbed it, and then quickly withdrew my hand. ?Better not do that again,? I thought. I did it again despite the mental warning to myself.

We walked through a clearing with tall bushes that hugged each side of the trail closely. I felt like I was in a hedge maze. A large dragon fly buzzed past my face. I watched as it vanished over the top of the bushes, leaving a long blue trail behind it.

Not before too long the trail gave way to the trees again. The vegetation wasn?t as thick as before. I could see a field through the trees to my right. Electrical lines ran down the center of the field. You could hear the buzz of the electricity as the lines merged with a giant electrical tower. I looked behind me at Brian who was now lagging a few yards behind Bob and me. He was examining his wrist again.

The path curved around to the left and a bench stood on the path?s edge. I was the first to walk over to it and sit down. ?I need to rest,? I said. ?Yeah, that sounds like a good idea,? Bob replied. ?I need a cigarette break.? I found that I wasn?t comfortable sitting down on the bench. I decided to stand. Brian took the backpack off, laid it on the bench, and sat down. It was only a minute before he retreated back to a standing position. I felt like giving some dip a try. I pulled the tin out of my pocket, packed it, and then pulled out a decent sized pinch of tobacco. When I place it in my lower lip, it felt much more satisfying than it had earlier. I noticed that I wasn?t hallucinating as much as I was before. It wasn?t for a lack of being high, I was just settling into the trip more. ?I?m having such a good time,? I thought.

?Man, I don?t think I ever been this high,? Bob said. ?You say that every time we trip,? I replied. ?I do,? he questioned. I felt that he took me the wrong way and I felt a tension betwen us arise. I worked quickly to defuse it. ?We are pretty damn high though,? I stated. I watched Bob relax his posture then take a puff of his cigarette. ?Fuck yeah we are,? he half shouted back. He surprised himself with the loudness of his voice. I got the feeling that he was too high to deal with himself at the moment. He would stare blankly at Brian and me. When he made eye contact he would instantly adjust his gaze on to an arbitrary object.

Brian paced back and forth. He kicked at a rock at a ground, then picked his wrist up to his face and looked at it closely. ?What you looking at,? I asked. I startled him. ?Nothing really, just checking out the band on my watch,? he replied. Bob a let out a short whistle to catch our attention. I looked over at him and he motioned his head down the path to the left. I looked over and didn?t see anything special. Then I noticed moving colors through the trees on the other side of the bend. I didn?t know if it was a hallucination or not. I squinted and tried to make out exactly what I was seeing. It was a person walking our way. My heart dropped into my stomach. ?Don?t look suspicious,? I said out loud to my friends. ?That didn?t help any,? Brian said.

It was only a brief moment, but it lasted for an eternity. The three of us stood frozen in the middle of the path as an older gentleman rounded the bend in the trail. He hesitated momentarily when he finally noticed we were there. I nodded my head politely as he passed in between Bob and me. I watched him intently. It appeared as if he was walking in place once. I wonder if he was even walking at all, or if he was even there. Perhaps is was just my imagination. I let out my breath that I didn?t realize I was holding as he slowly vanished from our view. ?You think he knew,? Bob asked. ?Three guys, standing in the middle of a trail, 2 miles back in the woods? Yeah, I?m pretty sure he thought something was up,? I said. ?He probably thinks we?re back here smoking weed,? Bob replied. ?Well, I hope he doesn?t go and say anything to the ranger. The last thing I want is any sort of confrontation with an authority figure."

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCrestfallen
some kindasomethin'

#3885480 - 03/08/05 12:18 AM (19 years, 16 days ago)

god help me, 8 parts??!!

JK. Very good report man, I have thouroughly enjoyed reading all of it. Sounds like a great time.

--------------------
The above statement is completely fictional and composed solely for the purpose of entertainment.

OfflineBrass
Medicine man

Loc: 42/34 N. 83/01 W.
Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Long) [Re: Crestfallen]
    #3886147 - 03/08/05 05:06 AM (19 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

Crestfallen said:
god help me, 8 parts??!!

JK. Very good report man, I have thouroughly enjoyed reading all of it. Sounds like a great time.

It was a great time. Thats one of the most vivid trips Ive had. I still remember it like it was yesterday.

--------------------

As human beings, we are the facilitators of our own evolution.

Edited by Brass (03/08/05 05:07 AM)

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Long) [Re: Brass]
    #3886201 - 03/08/05 05:51 AM (19 years, 15 days ago)

So are you Bob or Brian?

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflinePsilocinSam
Jester To TheHall Of TheMushroom King

Loc: Cambridge, UK
Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Long) [Re: dblaney]
    #3886340 - 03/08/05 07:09 AM (19 years, 15 days ago)

Hey where's the last part?! I've been reading while at work looking for the great ending and now there aint 1!! I guess I'll have to wait like everyone else now! lol :stoned:

--------------------
We ultimately live in a fractal universe, all parts reflect the infinity of the whole. So why do we maintain that time be any different?

Welcome to 4 my dimensional thoughts!

(Turkish Delight is neither Turkish, nor delightful. So where's the name from?!)

Offlinesuperfalk
shroomer
 User Gallery

Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Long) [Re: PsilocinSam]
    #3886451 - 03/08/05 08:36 AM (19 years, 15 days ago)

Yes, this was one of our most intense trips ever....no joke.....man i can't believe you remembered so much of it. You should write about the others we've had! Congrats on the construction of this ya did great!

--------------------
I'm Shpongled!

OfflineBrass
Medicine man

Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Long) [Re: dblaney]
    #3886836 - 03/08/05 10:37 AM (19 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

dblaney18 said:
So are you Bob or Brian?

Im Bob....Superfalk is Brian :wink:.

--------------------

OfflineBrass
Medicine man

Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Long) [Re: superfalk]
    #3886853 - 03/08/05 10:44 AM (19 years, 15 days ago)

To quote a famous man....."To be continued." I hope djd586 doesnt leave that part out of the story. It was funny as hell. God I love confusion. I was telling Jay last night that this would make for an awesome movie.

--------------------

Edited by Brass (03/08/05 10:45 AM)

Offlinecubensis_chris
Stranger
Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Long) [Re: Brass]
    #3888888 - 03/08/05 06:17 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

That was awsome dude, i never usually read those long trip stories, but that one was good:).

Offline88mustanggt

Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Long) [Re: cubensis_chris]
    #3889862 - 03/08/05 10:06 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

aww i want more NOW nOW NOW!!!!

InvisiblednL
stranger thanstrange

Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Long) [Re: 88mustanggt]
    #3889891 - 03/08/05 10:15 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

damn it seem like there should be 20 parts to this, you're at part 8 and probably only a few hours into the trip. can't wait to read the rest

i wish i could remember my trips that vividly.

--------------------

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: djd586]
    #3893267 - 03/09/05 03:32 PM (19 years, 14 days ago)

Part 8
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The old man that had walked past us still lingered in my thoughts. I could tell it was bothering Bob and Brian too. ?Don?t worry about it,? I said. ?He probably forgot about us already.? ?Yeah, you?re probably right,? Bob replied. ?You know what?s cool as fuck,? Bob said attempting to change our current mindset. ?My Uncle was telling me about this one guy who was making a 250 gallon fish tank. He?s going to put a shark in it or something. I guess he already has a 100 gallon tank and he has a school of piranhas and he feeds them live rats and?? Bob stopped his story mid sentence. He took one last drag on his cigarette, tossed it on the ground, and stomped it out with his foot. He looked around curiously at the surroundings. Brian and I stared at him waiting for him to finish his story. ?And,? Brian asked. ?And what,? Bob questioned back. ?You were just telling us a story,? Brian stated. ?I was,? Bob questioned back. ?Oh yeah, to be continued. . .? Brian and I broke into a hysterical laughter. Bob laughed along with us, but his laugh was only half hearted. He was just too high to recognize what exactly had happened.

Once the several minutes of laughter subsided, Bob immediately suggested that we start walking again. I walked over to my backpack and looked at it. It morphed and melted as I looked down at it. It was unrecognizable as a backpack. It looked more like and organic creature. Like a giant amoeba. I was not looking forward to carrying it. I reached down and quickly brushed my hand across the top of it. ?It feels like a backpack should,? I thought. I picked it up and temporarily struggled to put it on my back. It felt awkward. I took a deep breath and started walking down the path to Brian and Bob who had stopped and were waiting for me to catch up.

I had the sensation of being pulled along again. An invisible energy grasped me from the pit of my stomach and directed me down the path. Even if I didn?t want to walk anymore, I felt like I couldn?t stop. The trail was becoming difficult to navigate. A series of small hills was particularly hard to hike. Every time I reached the bottom of one hill and started to climb the next, I felt the pull in my stomach increase, helping me ascend. I stopped at the top of one of the hills and looked down the path to the next. I didn?t know if I could go on. I noticed a giant tree stump sticking out of the middle of the trail on the top of the next hill. I wanted to look at it up close. That was enough motivation for me to keep walking.

The stump looked ancient. I kicked at it with my foot and looked at it curiously. Brian stepped on top of it, lost his balance, and stumbled backwards to the ground below. I chuckled at him. ?You try it bastard,? he said. ?I?d rather not risk it,? I replied. But when he turned his head to look down the trail, I quickly tried to mount the stump. I lost my balance and stumbled forward, almost rolling off the path into some saplings. Brian and Bob laughed at me. I didn?t really care. I walked back over to the stump, half pissed off at how it embarrassed me. I kicked at it again. Three daddy long legs ran out from under a hole in the stump. One of them ran towards my foot. I side stepped it with fear as if it was a deadly black widow spider trying to attack me. I watched it intently as it ran off the trail and into the weeds. I looked at the ground immediately around me, scanning for more of the unusual bugs. I was glad that I didn?t see any.

We descended the hill with the tree stump in it. I could see a clearing in the path up to the right. The trail briefly exited the forest and squeezed closes to the tree line. On the right of us was a narrow weedy field. It was the same field I noticed earlier with electrical line running down the middle. I looked up at the 20 or some lines that ran down the middle of the clearing. They stood out drastically from the blue sky. The wires seemed so out of place in the middle of the woods. Neither Bob nor Brian stopped to look at the wires when I did. They were more concerned with getting back under the cover of the trees. I watched them follow the path back into the forest and I lightly jogged to catch up with them.

I realized that I still had dip in my lower lip. I really didn?t want to take it out. Aside from the extra mucus it was creating in the back of my throat, I was enjoying it. As soon as I thought about the mucus I doubled over and dry heaved with a loud gag. Brian and Bob stopped and looked back at me. ?Random dry heave,? I said. They both turned forward without saying anything and resumed walking. Once again I had to quicken my pace to catch up to them. It seemed an on going theme for this particular trip.

We stopped at a fork in the trail. The path we were on resumed straight hugging the tree line, into the narrow field that contained the electrical lines. To the left, a sign was posted, It said ?Water,? and pointed with an arrow. I stepped into the mouth of the merging path and looked down it. It sloped up hill through a dense overgrowth of trees. It looked like a path that was less traveled then the one we were currently on. Without saying anything, I led the way. Bob and Brian silently agreed to follow.

I was getting tired of climbing hills. It was very tiresome on such a hot day. This particular hill had a peculiar allure to it though. I labored up the hill, allowing the strong pull that I was still experiencing to guide me along the way. The vegetation was as thick as we had encountered thus far. I spent half the walk up the hill pushing trees aside to clear my way. Brian was having a particularly hard time trying to fend off the branches that I would push out of the way and allow to swing back behind me. ?If you hit me with another branch I?m really going to be pissed,? He said. I could sense the seriousness in his voice and I made a special effort not to whip back any more braches. I decided it would be best if I just walked right through them. I scrapped my fore arm doing so.

The overgrowth thinned out and the trail opened up into a shaded circular clearing. In the center of the clearing stood a manual water pump; it looked like it had been waiting for us to find it. It stood on a raise block of concrete. It looked old and rusty. I guessed it had probably been there for 6 or 7000 years. Then I remembered I really don?t get the concept of time, so I knew I was probably wrong.

Bob was the first one to walk over to the pump. A large spider web spanned the main pipe to the pumping handle. He looked closely at the web. Brian reached over Bob?s shoulder and knocked the web down with a stick. ?What did you do that for,? Bob said, ?I was checking it out.? ?Sorry,? Brian replied. ?I thought we were going to try and pump for water.? It seemed like the three of us were becoming slightly annoyed with each other. I attributed it to the heat and the exertion we had been putting ourselves through. ?We need to rest soon,? I said, ?I?m too high to take all this in at once.?

I was perhaps the highest I had been all trip, excluding the part in which I passed out. I felt like I had been out in the woods for a week. My calf muscles were extremely tense and tight. I kneeled down and rubbed on them for a bit. Bob started to do the same to his legs. I didn?t know if he was trying to mimic me or if he actually was experiencing the same problem. My thoughts we jumbled and I couldn?t keep my focus on anything for more then a few seconds. Brian and Bob looked foreign to me, but I was still able to recognize who they were. I wondered if they felt the same about me. I watched Brian take his turn pumping the water out of the pump. I really didn?t feel the need to pump it, but I knew when Brian was done, I would give it a go anyhow. With each pump Brian made, water came rushing out of the pipe. It made a strange echo as it hit the ground. After the initial splash of water hit the ground, I watched as small droplets would fly several feet through the air in slow motion and land in the dirt sending a small puff of dust into the air.

The mucus in my throat had grown thicker in the past few minutes. I decided it was time to take out the dip. I threw the little wad of tobacco into the weeds beside me and walked over to pump to run my hands under the water Brian was pumping. The water felt soothing and cool. It was more forceful then I had expected and slashed off my hands and all over the front of my shirt. I welcomed the refreshing wetness. Brian asked me if I wanted to give it a try. I walked around to the pump arm and started to pump it up and down. The energy it required was much more then I thought. I didn?t seem like it took Brian much energy to pump it. I gave up on my endeavor after a few pumps and only a little splash of water. I just didn?t have the energy to continue. I was ready to find a place to sit and rest.

--------------------

Edited by djd586 (03/09/05 06:06 PM)

Offlinetexascubensis
Stranger
 User Gallery

#3894959 - 03/09/05 08:36 PM (19 years, 14 days ago)

i dont see how u recall every thing so clearly... and i belive when u get worried about staring at ur friends thats the first sign of coming down. i hate that one of the negatives of tripping

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #3895372 - 03/09/05 09:58 PM (19 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

djd586 said:
Each step I took forward, I left a step of reality behind.

i like this alot ^^^

WOW, this report is the best i've ever read. you describe very well what goes on in at least my inner dialogue while tripping. the clarity is amazing. i'm loving your report and i can actually picture the scenes you are describing. this is really pumping me up for my trip in a week or two. i feel all shroomy while reading your report!! :shroom:

if i could give you 6 i would, but you'll have to accept 5 for now!! :shroom:

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: djd586] * 1
    #3897053 - 03/10/05 10:09 AM (19 years, 13 days ago)

Part 9
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another sign stood a few feet off to the left of the water pump. It was a map of the park?s trail system and showed the exact location in which we were. It didn?t make any sense to me. Bob seemed to make perfect sense of the map. He traced a green line with his finger and dictated to me. ?Yeah, look, we walked in this way. Then we crossed over the river, walked through the field, and now we?re right here.? It still didn?t make any sense to me. It looked like a bunch of spaghetti that wouldn?t stop spinning. ?If you say so,? I said back to Bob. It bothered me that I didn?t understand what it meant. I didn?t like the overwhelming confusion that was starting to consume me.

I paced around the water pump a bit, trying to figure out exactly what was going on. I looked down at the ground and kicked at some pebbles. ?What were we trying to accomplish out here,? I thought. It just didn?t make any sense to why we were even walking in the woods. I knew I was waiting for something to happen, but I just couldn?t figure it out. ?We going to stand around this pump or look for some where else to rest,? Brian asked. ?Oh yeah,? I thought to myself, ?I want to rest.? ?Where can we find another place,? I asked. ?I don?t know, I want to see what leads down that path,? Brian said as he pointed down a path which was opposite the path we walked in on. ?Well, if there?s some where to sit, I?ll be glad to go,? I said. ?If you?re that tired, why don?t you just sit on the ground,? Brian asked. ?Fuck that,? Bob said interrupting our conversation. ?The last place I would sit is the ground. You?ll have daddy long legs crawling all over you!? ?You?re right,? I said as I closely studied the ground around me looking for one. Two of the odd little creatures stood motionless next to each other near a tuft of grass a few inches from my foot. I slowly backed away from them once I noticed they were there. I had noticed a lot of them running around on the ground today I thought. ?Yeah, I guess we can just find out what down that path,? I said while keeping one eye on the daddy long legs. ?I know what?s down there,? Bob replied. ?According to this map, there?s a pavilion. I bet we?ll be able to sit there.? ?Well lead the way,? I told Bob. ?Alright, follow me,? he instructed.

Brian and I followed Bob as he pushed aside a low lying branch at the mouth of the new trail. Brian decided to step over it. Trying to mimic his action, I did the same, but almost tripped when the branch got stuck between my legs. After I wrestled with the leafy branch for a moment, I once again had to jog to catch up to my friends.

When I caught up to Brian, I noticed he was looking at his wrist again. The sight of him doing this gave me the d?j? vu feeling. Seemed like I was always trying to catch up and when I did catch up, Brian was looking at his wrist. ?Has this happened before,? I asked Brain. ?Has what happened before,? he questioned back. I didn?t respond to him and he didn?t seem to care that I didn?t. He was too busy checking out his wrist.

The walk to the pavilion was a short one. It was only a minute or two before we walked in to a large clearing. I squinted and tried to shade my eyes from the glaring sun. I watch Bob walk through the clearing to the other side and enter the pavilion. Brian and I jogged over to it. The thinking was to spend the short of time possible in the sun. At least that?s what motivated me to jog.

There were two old and rather weathered picnic tables sitting under the pavilion. One of them was missing both its benches and had only the bars sticking out where the bench used to be supported. The other table had one of the seats knocked off. It was hanging on a slant, still attached to one of the support bars. Bob sat a top the one with no seats. I took of my backpack and threw it on top the other table and took a seat next too him. Brain stood just outside the pavilion. He looked up at the roof and pointed out a large wasps nest. Bob and I got up to look. At the crest there was a giant nest, perhaps a foot in diameter. It was the largest nest I had ever seen and I had actually spent a good portion time studying paper wasps in the past. All the way down the roof, on either side of the under hang, there were several other nests. Each was much smaller then the one at the crest. It didn?t take long to notice there were wasps buzzing all around us. Not just a few, more like a several hundred. ?Just don?t bother them, and they will have no reason to bother us,? I said. ?Yeah right,? Brian said, ?Those bastards will sting us for no reason!?

?They did a study on some insects on drugs,? Bob said speaking slow and deliberate. ?They put some orb web spiders on pot and acid and ecstasy and studied their web patterns. It was cool a hell. You should have seen the webs they made while they were high. It was one of the coolest articles I have ever read. The scientists think that the drugs take different modes of action in the spiders compared to us. They don?t have the same sort of neurological system as us, so it affects them different. I heard that they might start to do some research with the same drugs and bees.? Brian and I looked at Bob confused. ?Where the hell did that come from,? I said. ?Where did what come from,? Bob replied. ?You just spit out a whole bunch of words about some spiders on drugs,? I replied. ?You sounded like a robot spitting out information.? ?I did,? Bob said, ?Cool!? I started laughing, but Bob looked a little annoyed that I was partly laughing at him. So I stopped. Brian chuckled a bit and continued looking at his wrist.

I stepped back under the pavilion and looked up in the rafters. It was littered with 50 or 60 wasp nests. ?It?s a wasp city,? I stated. ?And a spider city too,? Brian added. I looked over to see him pointing at a large funnel web. I walked over to it and looked in. A large spider stood at the mouth of the funnel wafting for and insect to land so it could pounce on it. I picked a blade of grass that was growing on the edge of the pavilion cement and tossed it in the web. The spider darted out the grass, pounced on it, realized it wasn?t food, and then scurried back to his original position. Startled, I stumbled backwards into the picnic table. I had the sensation of spiders crawling all over me. I quickly brushed off the skin of my arms and legs. I noticed a daddy long leg on my sock. I yelped and knocked if off. I darted out from under the pavilion and swatted at the wasps that I heard buzzing around me. Surprisingly, neither Bob nor Brian noticed me in a frantic panic.

Bob, who had resumed his seat a top the picnic table, was looking out into the trees. His mouth hung half open. I watched him squint and then open his eyes really wide and then squint again. When I looked at him closer, I didn?t recognize him at all. Every time he would tightly close his eyes, his face would morph into a mangled mess. I tried not to look at him in fear I would start to laugh. I looked over into the trees to see what he was looking at. I didn?t see anything exciting.

When I looked over to Brian, he was tightly holding on to his wrist. He looked down at the ground and slowly paced the outline the pavilion?s shadow. I asked him if he was ok. He nodded. I walked over to him and watched him pace. I could sense he was upset about something. I could feel the negative emotions radiate off him. The negativity I felt spun me in to my own rabbit hole of negative thoughts. I caught myself before I got too deep in thought. I looked down at the cement of the pavilion?s floor. Patterns formed and spun around wildly, then stopped and expanded and contracted. For a moment it looked like a giant turtle shell pattern. Then the next moment, it was in the pattern of small hexagons, like the bee hive we looked at when we first arrived at the park. I felt a little bit dizzy from looking at the patterns, but I like it.

?You know what?s funny,? I said to Brain. ?I can feel your thoughts and emotions, and the closer I stand to you, the stronger I feel it. It?s like I?m leeching off of you.? ?I?ve been thinking about my job and how much it sucks lately. And there?s this dream that I had that keeps popping in and out of my head, it?s so bizarre,? Brian replied. ?It?s just so weird how I?m feeling your negativity,? I said. I noticed Bob look over to us to see what we were talking about. He lit up a cigarette. He had the same expression on his face that he had earlier. ?Isn?t that fucked up that when I stand close to Brian I get the thoughts because he has the thoughts,? I said to Bob. He looked back at me confused. ?What,? he question. I took a step towards Bob so I could tell him again. He wiggled back a few inches in his seat, trying to keep some distance between us. ?I said that when I stand close to Brian, I get the thoughts because he has the thoughts. It?s like his negative energy is flowing off of him on to me.? ?What the hell are you talking about,? Bob questioned. I explained the situation one more time. Bob looked a little paranoid and his gaze shifted quickly between Brian and I who were closely watching him, waiting for him to respond. ?I?m not trying to steal anyone?s thoughts,? Bob shouted.

I stumbled back a few steps. I was totally confused as to what just happened. I had the feeling like I was being a total prick. I had to think back to what I just said. Maybe I was being a dick. Did I just confront Bob for stealing my thoughts? I looked back over at Bob, he looked like he was ready to get up and run. I tired to calm both him and myself by explaining the situation one more time to him. He still didn?t get it. I could feel a high level of tension between us. If I had a knife, I?m positive I could have sliced it out of mid air. It was difficult to for me to talk. I stumble over my words and added more confusion to the situation. I explained to Bob one more time that I didn?t think he was stealing anyone?s thought and that it was just a misunderstanding. He admitted he somewhat understood, but was just too confused to really get what was happening. I still felt like an asshole. I decided it would be best if I didn?t talk to my friends for awhile.

--------------------

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
    #3897175 - 03/10/05 10:49 AM (19 years, 13 days ago)

I hate it when I'm having a good time tripping and then I catch someones' negative vibes, cause there's nothing you can do to change it. Then the whole trip has this weird feeling to it because you know the other person is upset.

Can you tell us how to find this park you guys were at? It sounds fucking awsome! I've always wanted to trip in a meadow, or a field!

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: dr0mni]
    #3897180 - 03/10/05 10:50 AM (19 years, 13 days ago)

Hey, Brian! What the fuck was up with your wrist?! It seems like its all going to lead somewhere. This trip does have some interesting themes to it...

OfflineBrass
Medicine man

Re: Trip Report - A Walk Through Nature (Very, Very, Very Long) [Re: dr0mni]
    #3898817 - 03/10/05 04:45 PM (19 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

dr0mni said:
I hate it when I'm having a good time tripping and then I catch someones' negative vibes, cause there's nothing you can do to change it. Then the whole trip has this weird feeling to it because you know the other person is upset.

Can you tell us how to find this park you guys were at? It sounds fucking awsome! I've always wanted to trip in a meadow, or a field!

since youre in FL...youd have to take a REALLY long drive north on I-75....to Michigan :wink:.  this story is going to get more bizarre....that was a very strange day.  its almost like we encountered every aspect of the forest during that trip.  id like to tell you more...but this is djd586's story...dont wanna blow it.  i dont think hes going to leave anything out.  this last part is damn near the middle of the trip, so you know theres alot more coming :smile:.

--------------------

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#3899541 - 03/10/05 06:58 PM (19 years, 13 days ago)

Part 10
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walked over to my backpack and decided to put it back on. I felt like I had rested long enough and I wanted to start walking again. Mostly just to escape the situational tension I had created by apparently accusing Bob of ?stealing thoughts.? I still didn?t understand exactly what happened and I struggled to put the pieces together in my mind. Brian noticed me put my backpack on my shoulders and take a few steps away from the pavilion. ?We going to start to walk again,? Brian asked. I nodded my head.

I waited for Bob and Brian to catch up to me as I walked towards the path we walked in on. They both stopped in the middle of the clearing and called out my name. ?Hey, you?re going the wrong way,? Bob yelled. ?Was I,? I thought. I was positive we walked in on this particular path. ?No,? I said, ?I?m sure we came in this way.? ?No,? Bob replied, ?We walked in this way,? he said pointing down a path that was adjacent to the pavilion. ?I think he?s right,? Brian said. I knew in my gut they were both wrong but I decided to do it their way. I didn?t want to create any more tension amidst the three of us than I already had. I grudgingly followed the two of them down the path I was certain was wrong. I pondered what we would do if we got lost on the trails. I reasoned that all the trails had to lead back to the nature center so if we did get lost, as long as we stayed on the trail, we should be fine. It was the first rational thought I had in hours.

The path was wider then the trails we had been walking on before. It led down a gentle slope to the base of a hill I didn?t even know we were atop. I was just a few feet behind my friends when I heard a cracking sound come from down the path. ?Stop,? I said quietly. Bob and Brian looked back at me. ?What?s wrong,? Brian asked. I could smell a strong musty smell in the air, it smelled faintly like urine. I wasn?t sure, but I thought something was watching us from the bottom of the hill. I squinted my eyes tightly in an attempt to see down the path. I wasn?t seeing anything special. Brian back peddled till he was standing next to me. ?What do you see,? he asked nervously. ?I think there?s a deer down there,? I replied. I was surprised I said that because I didn?t know what, if anything was at the bottom of the hill. ?You?re right,? Bob said, I can see it. ?I?m right,? I thought to myself half surprised. ?Where,? Brian asked excitedly. ?Right there, a few feet off the path, in the trees,? Bob said pointing in the direction of the deer. ?I still don?t see anything,? Brian replied.

Bob, Brain and I, slowly crept down the path, trying not to make any noise. I was still having a hard time seeing the deer. I would catch brief glimpses of it here and there. I pondered the possibility of the deer being nothing more than a hallucination, but I wanted to be certain. We reached the base of the hill. The three of us stood shoulder to shoulder squinting into the low tree cover. ?I see it,? Bob said. He pointed it out. It blended in perfectly with the tree trunks. Once I recognized where it stood exactly, its outline became apparent. ?It?s a doe,? Bob said, ?A big one too!? She looked at us momentarily then resumed feeding on leaves of the low lying branches. She was magnificent looking. Beautifully tan with a rich white underside. We stood there motionless admiring her.

I couldn?t believe that she hadn?t run away yet. She was totally unconcerned with us and focused on eating her leaves. It was still hard to see her. When the wind blew gently through the trees and the shade shifted from the moving branches, I would lose sight of her completely.

My vision was totally askew from the excitement of the moment. Visuals, which had subsided with the tension at the pavilion, were slowing starting to creep back into my world. My vision became pixilated and geometric shapes and patterns started to form in the vegetation. It was becoming increasingly difficult to keep sight of the deer. ?I don?t believe how hard I?m tripping right now,? I said to Bob and Brian. ?I?m convincing myself that there?s two deer.? ?Yeah,? Brian replied, ?I?m getting the same thing. I?m not sure if there?s one or two in there.? I crept in closer to the tree line. Bob followed close behind. I accidentally stepped on a stick making a loud cracking noise. The doe jumped and popped her head up to look at us. A fawn scurried to her side. ?There ARE two,? Bob whispered. ?Yeah, it?s a fawn.? I replied. ?I can?t believe this is happening to us,? Brian said. ?I mean, we?re only like 15 feet away from them.? ?Yeah, this is pretty amazing,? I replied. The doe redirected her focus off us and resumed eating. It was obvious she considered us no threat to her and her fawn.

Brian walked down the path 10 feet or so to get a different view of the two deer. He stopped and squinted into the brush. ?I think there might be 3,? he said. ?I can?t tell if there are 3 or I?m just getting double vision,? I replied back. I stepped in even closer to get a look. My right foot was now planted a few feet off the path. I couldn?t be certain but it sure did look like there was another fawn. I backed out cautiously so not to scare them. It was so bizarre how I couldn?t make out how many deer there was. There were possibly as many as four of them standing there, but I was too high to be certain. I wondered if the deer were having just as hard a time seeing me as I was having seeing them.

We stood there silently watching the deer. Occasionally Brian would say, ?Yeah, there are three, no wait, just two. Well maybe 3. Damn! It's too hard to tell. My vision is too pixilated to see clearly? He repeated this same sentence 5 or 6 times in the course of 5 minutes. ?Be quite,? whispered to him each time he spoke. ?I don?t want to scare them away.? ?I don?t think they?re going anywhere,? Bob said. ?If they wanted to get away, they would have done it by now, especially with her having a fawn.? ?You?re probably right,? I admitted. ?I wonder if they can tell we?re tripping,? I asked. ?I bet they can,? Bob replied. ?That?s probably why they haven?t took off. They can see we?re one with nature right now and the last thing we want to do is attack them.? That sounds reasonable I thought.

?I still can?t tell how many there are,? Brian said. I looked down at him and watched him creep in closer to the deer. I was amazed at how close he was getting. He was only 10 feet away from the doe now. I looked at the doe for her reaction. She didn?t mind his presence at all. Then Brian dramatically stumbled backwards waving his arms in the air, apparently swatting at some sort of insect. The doe darted off, and behind her followed two fawns. The third one, which we weren?t certain was there, was only 9 or 10 feet off to Brian?s left. ?What did you do that for,? Bob said in disappointment. ?There was a bug in my face,? Brian replied. ?Well, now we know there were three,? I said.

--------------------

Edited by djd586 (03/10/05 07:34 PM)

Offline88mustanggt

#3899990 - 03/10/05 08:44 PM (19 years, 13 days ago)

omg deer sweet. i look forward for the next part tonight? hopefully? please come on its like heroin im addicted. i need more

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds