Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleninetynine
puke boy skeleton face
 User Gallery

Loc: no hands land, az
?s about salting mesc extraction
    #3865326 - 03/03/05 09:53 PM (19 years, 29 days ago)

a friend of mine from out of town has successfully extracted dmt recently, and has thus decided to attempt an a/b extraction on some pedro syrup. he is half way into the process but has some questions...

when you have the freebase mescaline in the xylene, and you're ready to add acid, do you just add HCL diluted in dH2O? what i don't understand is, how does the acid mix with the NPS xylene if it is in the aqueous layer? does the HCL bleed through during the emulsion when you shake the two layers together? i don't understand how i would see mescaline HLC crystals forming in the xylene if there was H2O present to dissolve it in. do they snow down into the H2O below and then dissolve into it?

also, in the previous step, when adding the NaOH to the syrup, i noticed a very light greenish yellow cloud of what looked like very fine precipitation smoke up as i stirred. i at first assumed this to be the mescaline freebase forming in the aqueous solution. (because i decanted the syrup previously, it *should* have been free of cactus solids) but when i mix in and separate xylene, the apparent precipitation doesn't seem to reduce any. even though several xylene washes.

any input appreciated. :smile:

--------------------

2,5-dimethoxy-4-astatophenethylamine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: ?s about salting mesc extraction [Re: ninetynine]
    #3865383 - 03/03/05 10:09 PM (19 years, 29 days ago)

If you add dilute HCL to you zylene layer you may or may not see mescaline precipitate out of solution. The proof will be when you evaporate the aquous solution and find a nice fan like formation of mescaline needles.

You could, however, add HCL acid drop by drop into the Xylene/freebase mescaline solution and very well see mescaline form out of solution. The thing is that you don't want to add to much acid because you may also produce table salt. It's not a big problem, but it will affect the weight and therefore dosing.

If you are adding a dilute HCL solution to your Xylene, you will notice it just drop right through the Xylene to the bottom. Go ahead and shake the bejesus out of to make certain that the as much interaction occurs between the acid and the freebase mescaline.

If the light greenish yellow cloud you mention is between the aqueous layer and the Xylene, then I would venture to say the you have an emulsion. You could try to break it up with a hot water bath or by sprinkling some table salt through it. The added salt won't cause any problems.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Invisibleninetynine
puke boy skeleton face
 User Gallery

Re: ?s about salting mesc extraction [Re: Ekstaza]
    #3865454 - 03/03/05 10:22 PM (19 years, 29 days ago)

here is a pic of the precip.

he only used 4 feet or so of cacti, so i doubt all of that could be freebase mesc. and even if it was, the NPS should be removing it right? even when decanting, the orinigal precipitation of cacti solids was less than that. has his mesc somehow broken down into something else that wouldnt move to the NPS?

--------------------

Edited by ninetynine (03/03/05 10:35 PM)

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

#3865504 - 03/03/05 10:35 PM (19 years, 29 days ago)

It's definitely not freebase mescaline.

That said, I can't with any certainty say exactly what the layer is. It could be some plant fats that have solidified out of the syrup.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just concentrate on the xylene layer.

One more thing, I would be very mindful of that glass jar. A strong base solution will etch glass and cause it to eventually break. I lost what I'm sure would have been at least 400 mg more mescaline due to my extraction jar breaking from etching, so this is first hand knowledge. I now use all High Density Poly-Ethylene plastic jugs for anything that will contain Lye for any amount of time. You can identify this type of plastic by looking for the letters HDPE on the bottom of the container with a recycle symbol with a "2 "inside.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Invisibleninetynine
puke boy skeleton face
 User Gallery

#3865540 - 03/03/05 10:44 PM (19 years, 29 days ago)

ok so what would you say is the best way to salt the NPS? muratic acid drop by drop? or dilute? also what ph range should the baseified syrup be at? most teks just give lye ammounts... thanks again. :smile:

--------------------

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

#3865633 - 03/03/05 11:04 PM (19 years, 29 days ago)

I preferred to dilute my HCL acid and salt it out that way. I got the best results from this. Also, you don't have to worry about working with such a strong acid. Drop by drop, there just seemed to be a larger chance to make a spill.

Make the basified syrup as strong as you want it. It will not diminish the mescaline. It will only allow the mescaline to be released from the aqueous solution more readily. All of the lye will stay in the aqueous solution. It will not be in the Xylene.

Keep in mind that the more lye you add, though, the more it will etch you glass jar. You may want to have it inside something to contain the liquids if it does break.

I'm still amazed that I made it through my house with white carpet everywhere with out spilling a drop until I got to the kitchen sink. Once there, the bottom just dropped out.

--------------------

Invisibleninetynine
puke boy skeleton face
 User Gallery

#3865661 - 03/03/05 11:10 PM (19 years, 29 days ago)

when i'm salting the xylene, and a layer of acidic H20 forms below it, should i be worried about the ph getting too low? if the ph is very acidic will it hurt the mescaline HCL that is in the acidic H2O?

that's crazy about lye eating glass like that. i know strong acid/base's could do such things, but i didn't think stuff i could buy could eat away glass like that. fun.

--------------------

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

#3868828 - 03/04/05 04:06 PM (19 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

ninetynine said:
when i'm salting the xylene, and a layer of acidic H20 forms below it, should i be worried about the ph getting too low? if the ph is very acidic will it hurt the mescaline HCL that is in the acidic H2O?

Mescaline wants to be a salt so bad that it will grab up all of the available HCL to do so. If you do add too much that's OK. HCL acid will evaporate. That's one of the reasons I like it better than Sulphuric.

Quote:

ninetynine said:
that's crazy about lye eating glass like that. i know strong acid/base's could do such things, but i didn't think stuff i could buy could eat away glass like that. fun.

If you have ever used a glass cutter or seen one used, then you kind of know the effect that will happen in the glass. The bottom of my jar just fell off like it had been cut perfectly, all the way around. I'm just lucky to have found the crack and got the jar to the sink in time. Unfortunately, I wasn't quick enough to save the contents.

--------------------

Invisibleninetynine
puke boy skeleton face
 User Gallery

#3871697 - 03/05/05 02:46 AM (19 years, 28 days ago)

well he thanks you for all the help. the extraction is basically done, except for the leftovers to experiment on. though unfortunately there wasn't much of a yield at all. something somewhere went wrong i guess. the dmt worked great and the mesc was puzzling... i dunno, he is going to have to try again i guess. just wish i knew *what* he did wrong. :confused:

--------------------

Invisiblemoecat
Visitor
    #3872239 - 03/05/05 08:35 AM (19 years, 28 days ago)

Edited by moecat (10/17/05 07:05 PM)

Invisibleninetynine
puke boy skeleton face
 User Gallery

Re: ?s about salting mesc extraction [Re: moecat]
    #3873278 - 03/05/05 02:40 PM (19 years, 28 days ago)

thanks for the input on this approach. i knew that he could end with freebase and it would form mescaline carbonate with exposure to air, but for some reason this method seemed like the more difficult one. heh, live and learn i guess. he will certanly try ending with a freebase next time and let it salt itself. thanks again for the info. :smile:

--------------------

Offlinemezkal
Stranger
    #3873748 - 03/05/05 04:59 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

Could you tell me which extraction method you speak and if possible give me the link !
is it easy and where find the xylene ?
for mescaline extraction , is it an obligation to use xylene !

so if you have different links where i can compra differents method it will be great !

for now , i have the method that we can read on " archives.thenook.org

Invisiblemoecat
Visitor
    #3873789 - 03/05/05 05:10 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

Edited by moecat (10/17/05 07:03 PM)

Invisibleninetynine
puke boy skeleton face
 User Gallery

Re: ?s about salting mesc extraction [Re: mezkal]
    #3874303 - 03/05/05 07:16 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

mezkal said:

for now , i have the method that we can read on " archives.thenook.org

http://archives.thenook.org/2966.html

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder