Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineJaRRn
Lost in Space
Male User Gallery

Loc: Standing on the Cosmic Sh...
Busted 212,000 Hits of LSD [AU]
    #3861345 - 03/03/05 08:16 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

http://www.afp.gov.au/afp/page/Media/2004/2104afplsd.htm

AFP investigation culminates in massive seizure of LSD
Australian Federal Police have arrested a man in the Byron Bay area after a major investigation which has resulted in one of Australia's largest seizures of LSD.

Federal agents have seized approximately 190 millilitres of suspected liquid LSD and 212,000 tabs of paper allegedly being prepared for LSD (lysergic acid diethylamide) distribution following a series of raids on premises in northern NSW.

While the final scientific analysis is not yet complete, federal agents believe this to be one of the largest seizures of LSD ever recorded in Australia.

The operation began about two months ago as a result of an AFP intelligence probe and culminated yesterday when search warrants were executed at three addresses in the Byron Bay and Ocean Shores areas.

Federal agents allegedly found 19 small bottles during the searches, each containing approximately 10 millilitres of suspected LSD in liquid form, approximately one kilogram of cannabis, approximately 20 grams of powder believed to be MDMA, $2,340 in cash and computer equipment.

A 52-year-old Byron Bay man has been arrested and charged under the Customs Act with possession of a commercial quantity of LSD reasonably suspected of being imported, and possession of prohibited drugs, cultivation of a prohibited plant and manufacture of prohibited drugs under the NSW Drugs Misuse and Trafficking Act. The man will appear in Byron Bay Court on Friday, April 23.

This amount of LSD has an approximate street value of $45 million, although the exact amount will not be known until it has been analysed by forensic scientists to ascertain purity and exact weight.

AFP Brisbane office manager, Federal Agent Paul Jevtovic, said the operation is of major significance in that a large amount of an extremely dangerous drug has been prevented from reaching the street.

"This amount of liquid LSD has the potential to make almost four million doses," agent Jevtovic said.

"The issue is not so much its value, LSD is a dangerous drug and federal agents have been able to stop a large amount of it from being distributed on the street," he said.

Media Enquiries:
AFP Brisbane Office: (07) 32221254

The seized drugs will be available for picture opportunity at 2:30 pm today, along with comment by Brisbane office manager Paul Jevtovic at AFP Brisbane Office, 203 Wharf Street, Spring Hill.

Last Modified: Tuesday September 28 2004

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJaRRn
Lost in Space
Male User Gallery

Re: Busted 212,000 Hits of LSD [AU] [Re: JaRRn]
    #3861347 - 03/03/05 08:18 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Update -

Read in the paper today tiny column.

19yrs jail, 12 to be served.

Poor Bastard.

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ny/europe/other
Re: Busted 212,000 Hits of LSD [AU] [Re: JaRRn]
    #3861482 - 03/03/05 09:56 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

fuck.. :nonono:
well that's certainly not good for acid. not to mention the people that were holding this. sucks a lot.. :sad:

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

OfflineCaptain Loafy McPoopdick
(4 1 2)

Loc: 1 5 1 3 6
Re: Busted 212,000 Hits of LSD [AU] [Re: Locus]
    #3861488 - 03/03/05 10:03 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I have a question that's a little off topic.
What would happen if someone where to drink a whole bottle of LSD?

OfflineBlashpherion05
Stranger
Re: Busted 212,000 Hits of LSD [AU] [Re: Captain Loafy McPoopdick]
    #3861521 - 03/03/05 10:16 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Boiledmeatloaf said:

they would have one hell of a trip.

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #3861531 - 03/03/05 10:21 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Boiledmeatloaf said:

Speaking out of my ass, haven't there been people who were on the verge of being busted who consumed a whole lot of their product and ended up being carted off to padded cells for a long long time as a result? Or is this just another urban legend? Once again, this is my ass speaking.

RIP that LSD.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineAuroricDistortions
~~~~~~~
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Polar Springs
Re: Busted 212,000 Hits of LSD [AU] [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #3861910 - 03/03/05 12:44 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I always wondered if it would be worth eating a sheet of acid right before a bust. additional charges vs. possible insanity (tripping that hard in a jail cell thinking about all the time your facing could really fuck your mental health).

Hopefully we won't hear of any busts like this in the states. I would think someone with that much LSD would only sell it to people they trust their life with; I wonder how the police found out about them.

--------------------

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ny/europe/other
Re: Busted 212,000 Hits of LSD [AU] [Re: AuroricDistortions]
    #3861947 - 03/03/05 12:52 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

i don't think insanity is worth less jail time. that'd be really fucked up if that was the case.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Invisibleveggie

#3862166 - 03/03/05 01:43 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

According to the Psychedelics Encyclopedia by Peter Stafford "For those concerned about immediate medical hazards in ingesting LSD...Abram Hoffer has estimated, on the basis of animal studies, that the half-lethal human dose--meaning half would die--would be about 14,000 [ug]. But one person who took 40,000 ug survived. In the only case of death reportedly caused by overdose (Journal of the Kentucky Medical Association), the quantity of LSD in the blood indicated that 320,000 ug had been injected intravenously.

So, I would assume that if someone drank the LSD in this story (four million doses) they would surely die. But, unlike the rest of us, they would vist both heaven and hell before they do.

--------------------
"Today a young man on LSD realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one conscienceless experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death. Life is only a dream and we're the imagination of"

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Re: Busted 212,000 Hits of LSD [AU] [Re: veggie]
    #3862328 - 03/03/05 02:27 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I'm not familiar with Australian law on LSD, but isn't 12 years for that many hits tame in comparison to what would happen under the same cirumstances in America?

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: Busted 212,000 Hits of LSD [AU] [Re: Holydiver]
    #3863066 - 03/03/05 04:55 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

thats a shame

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: Busted 212,000 Hits of LSD [AU] [Re: looner2]
    #3863567 - 03/03/05 06:11 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Yea, in the US you would could quite possibly get a life sentence. Sucks though, some of that could have potentially made it to the states.

--------------------
"...now waters run free, no more fish in the sea..."
1983-2004

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
Re: Busted 212,000 Hits of LSD [AU] [Re: Cubieman420]
    #3864451 - 03/03/05 09:05 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

45 million street value? what the fuck

LSD IS A DANGEROUS DRUG so we have to lock people up to protect the people. See how protected you are because we are locking the baddies up... we even kill some of them! if it wasn't for us this world would be dangerous!

OfflineJaRRn
Lost in Space
Male User Gallery

#3864456 - 03/03/05 09:06 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Anytime served for LSD is wrong.

InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery
Loc: Australia brah
    #3865524 - 03/04/05 12:39 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

"Seizure of a dangerous drug" fucking stupid uninformed police. They dont know a fucking thing. Kilo's of coke are probably being shifted around the country, leading to health problems, addictions and crime and the fucking police claim acid is a dangerous drug? For fucks sake. Sorry for the use of such foul language but bloody hell, this is so frustrating to see yet another fucked up example of the worlds handling of drugs.

Now onto a more positive point....

Quote:

Diver said:
I'm not familiar with Australian law on LSD, but isn't 12 years for that many hits tame in comparison to what would happen under the same cirumstances in America?

Australia is luckily fucking lenient in sentencing on all fronts really. :smirk:

--------------------

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music." - George Carlin

Edited by DepthToTheCore (03/04/05 12:43 AM)

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #3867296 - 03/04/05 12:51 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

> What would happen if someone where to drink a whole bottle of LSD?

With what little they had in the 190 milliliters, not much. Extremly large dosages (multi-gram) require a hospital, but would most likely live with no negative side effects. The multi-gram doses of LSD tend to suppress the respitory system, but not much else. There have been documented cases of accidental multi-gram doses being consumed with no negative long term effects.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #3868680 - 03/04/05 05:39 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

What do you mean by a whole bottle? A bottle is a very subjective object, and can hold varying amounts of LSD, depending on how diluted it is and the size of it.

If you're wondering about massive doses of LSD, you should check the Thumbprint thread. They don't make you end up in a padded cell or such (unless you have a mental disorder of some sorts), but if you took a whole bottle as in grams of the stuff you'd probably die.

Though if a normal dose is say, 100 micrograms, for simplicity of math, that's 10 doses a milligram, 1000 milligrams in a gram, so if it took 10,000 doses of a drug to kill you, it's still pretty safe. Imagine the health effects if you took 100 aspirin, or drank 100 glasses of wine. Comparitively, people eating a sheet of acid, or 100 hits, have been fine.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service