Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Rolling Stones

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
The Art in Gnosticism
    #3861237 - 03/03/05 05:36 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Panentheism, overlapping realities materialize in popular creativity, embodied by David Bowie in particular - a popular symbolism which would inspire others. I have found this to be an excellent read. It is titled The Laughing Gnostic: David Bowie and the Occult by Peter Koenig.

http://user.cyberlink.ch/~koenig/bowie.htm

Quote:

The Mask was a concept that Bob Dylan had toyed with in 1964, when he appeared onstage with the words: "I got my Bob Dylan mask on", to which he added "I'm glad I'm not me" in 1966. This was making a plain distinction between searching for an identity, and actually producing it. The reference to the Mask signified a knowledge of how artificial it was as a myth, and how it was a sort of excessive satire. Bowie had outlined his projected career in his 1967 'The Laughing Gnome', where he sang about how he saw himself and Mick Jagger growing new person? in the future:

'I'm a laughing Gnome and you can't catch me'
'Haven't you got an 'ome to go to?' (No, we're gnomads) ...
And we're living on caviar and honey (hooray!)
Cause they're earning me lots of money

In the German versions of his songs from 1967 as well, the time-table had been arranged, for example in the track 'Mit mir in Deinen Traum' (which translates as 'With me in your dream', which rather contradicts the English original 'When I Live My Dream'. Here he extolled the dreamland where a certain "you" is going to meet Bowie in that "you's" dream.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: The Art in Gnosticism [Re: zahudulallah]
    #3861955 - 03/03/05 12:53 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

There he is! I was going to ask here last night who was playing or singing this song at S&P "Changes" by David Bowie. For the last two days, every time I come here and start reading, the song lyrics pop in my head "ch ch ch changes nothing stays the same ch ch changes".

Instead, Bowies name pops up today related to gnosticism and a bit I REALLY relate too. Funny!

I am off to explore the link now. Thanks for posting this !

Ch ch ch changes nothing stays the same

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineCaptainJailew
Apathetic and Idon't care

Loc: Central Texas
Re: The Art in Gnosticism [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3864132 - 03/03/05 08:11 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Do you mean you hear music projected whenever you sign on to the S&P boards?

--------------------
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: The Art in Gnosticism [Re: CaptainJailew]
    #3864466 - 03/03/05 09:08 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

LOL noooo. Ya know how a song can just pop into your head? I started to find myself singing it in my head while reading here or as I walked away from the computer.

I kept telling my daughter I wish I knew why this blast from the past I haven't heard in ages has been playing in my head the last 2 days.

Then this post with trippy David Bowie stuff is here today. In my world, that coincidence means, READ THE LINK!

There was relevant stuff of current interest to me in it. This was just one of those synchronistic follow the signs things. Fun stuff!

I just said I almost posted asking if anyone had been playing that song lately because I tune into people energetically when I read their stuff here and sometimes "their" stuff transfers over to me.

Here's a weird one, I have a sensitive male friend who can taste what other people just ate long distance. When a bunch of us would be in a chat box at another message board, he would ask, "Who is eating chocolate cake, or peppermint, or smoking and someone always was when he asked. He freaked us out, in a fun way!

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Rolling Stones

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology