Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
okay so how big of an arsenal can a u.s. citizen actually own?
    #3861162 - 03/03/05 04:14 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

assault rifles, fully automatic weapons? grenades? tanks, missles helicopters fitted with maching guns and missles? artillery? nuclear weapons?

what can i legally own? how far does our right to bear arms go?
'
just thinking that i wanted to buy some grenades but didnt think that it was possible

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

Re: okay so how big of an arsenal can a u.s. citizen actually own? [Re: ZippoZ]
    #3861176 - 03/03/05 04:26 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

It depends on what licenses you can manage to secure. With the right permits and some money you can own just about anything. - Link

If you are asking how far the right should be taken in interpretation, then that is a different story.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: okay so how big of an arsenal can a u.s. citizen actually own? [Re: daimyo]
    #3861182 - 03/03/05 04:31 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i want to know what i can own and how hard it is to get...
hand grenades
tear gas
missles
artillery
fighter jet with missles?
helicopter, fully armed?
a tank capable of firing artillery?

and what can i buy from the goverment, perhaps surplus?

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Loc: Appearing at a mall near ...
    #3861462 - 03/03/05 09:48 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

If you are an oppressive country, a militaristic police agency or large corporation that makes movies or has some other excuse it is easier to obtain those things legally - private individuals are second class citizens in this respect and have much less in the way of legal rights. From your list, the only thing I might be able to legally posses where I live is some type of tear gas (with the proper licensing or membership in a militaristic police agency).

--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #3861589 - 03/03/05 10:46 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

If I were you, i'd first worry about getting a second or third job to save up the money, hell assault rifles alone are expensive as shit.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

#3861601 - 03/03/05 10:51 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

If you've got the money and a clear background, you can probably apply for permits for anything. Individual people have blasting permits and permits allowing them to make high explosives in their home laboratories. I know people that have had class III FFL's or had the background check to own title II weapons. Silenced pistols kick ass.

--------------------

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: okay so how big of an arsenal can a u.s. citizen actually own? [Re: SoopaX]
    #3877252 - 03/06/05 03:05 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I'm pretty sure that you can own as many semi-auto weapons as you want. Fully auto are illegal for non-military citizens. Armed helicopters, tanks, explosives? I don't know for sure. You might be able to get permits, but otherwise they would be illegal as fuck.

It all also depends on what you want to do with your arsenal. If you are trying to make a militia you will have feds on your ass in a heartbeat!

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: okay so how big of an arsenal can a u.s. citizen actually own? [Re: dr0mni]
    #3877270 - 03/06/05 03:11 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Do what we did with Iraq back in the ol' days. Buy a bunch of Dual Use equipment, and convert it.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion