Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineplastic_shivas
Stranger
airflow
    #385850 - 09/04/01 10:37 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

i'm a newbie and i've looked through the archives and i can't seem to find an answer so here goes. i'm wondering how much airflow as in how much time i would need to have my aquarium bubbler on in side my 1'X1' aquarium to keep my cakes alive. i'm using perlite for humidity and i have about 20 cakes. just wondering, i don't want to leave it on all the time. the noise is making my roomate nervous.

any help appreciated and awarded with good karma.

xoxo
plastic

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefiddler4u
enthusiast
Loc: Where the shrooms are gre...
Re: airflow [Re: plastic_shivas]
    #385871 - 09/04/01 11:04 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Well you forgot to mention the size of your airpump. If it's small then proably best to leave it on 24/7. Depends really on alot of factors. Try to be alittle more descriptive: strain, temp, amount of light(length period), ect.
GOODLUCK!

I am the vine, you are the branches. If a man remains in me, and I in him, he will bare much fruit.
Apart from me you can do nothing. john 15:5

--------------------
I am the vine, you are the branches. If a man remains in me, and I in him, he will bare much fruit.
Apart from me you can do nothing. john 15:5

Offlineupupup
guardian

Loc: George "I love Hitler" Bu...
    #385879 - 09/04/01 11:14 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I am a relative newbie as well but I thought I'd give you some stuff to chew on. I am into "low tek" which means with as little electricity, chemicals, and just overall simplicity in design. I think if I were to raise fruit I might do it by using wet perlite in the bottom of a large tupper ware/rubbermaid container which held several containers of casing with said containers laying on the wet perlite. Then I might just exchange air and check on the little cuties throughout the day as would any good farmer. OR if I were worried about contaminants I might just cut a hole in the tupperware "terrarium" and afix a coffee filter on the sides to get some air exchange. No electricity used (cept for the pasturizing of all the stuff(which could be done on a fire)), no noise, nothing fancy. But I don't know, never tried it.

belief is the engine that operates perception

--------------------
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

Invisibleoscill8
*bondage fairy*
    #386019 - 09/05/01 02:23 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

you have 20 cakes in a 12 inch by 12 inch container?! are they all touching each other? its been a while since HQ did cakes- but that container seems awfully small for that many cakes. (you dont want it too small- since your cakes will give off co2 like a mofo soon, and youll have to do a lot of air exchange to keep them from stunting. and also- your pins will be kinda restricted; touching each other as they form.) if its as small as im imagining- leaving it on as much as you can would be a good idea- not so much for humidity (perlite can take care of that) but for getting rid of co2.

jared posted a computer drawing within the past week or so of a way to stop the airpumps from vibrating. (use the search function- it was in m. cult.)... may be a good idea for you if youre concerned about the noise.

--------------------
? oscill8 2001, 2002
"Any data submitted to Shroomery.org becomes our property"

Offlineoptikal_trip
enthusiast

Loc: Toronto
Re: airflow [Re: oscill8]
    #386117 - 09/05/01 07:41 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

So this means that you can simply get a bubbler to use for air exchange rather then fanning it? if so then that would make it whole lot easier.

Paranoid with a gat
Think you know where its at
But you're lookin' like a sissie
Guns are for pussies
- - 311 - -

--------------------
They chopped her goddam head off right there in the parking lot. Then they cut all kinds of holes in her head and sucked the blood out. I think they were after the pineal gland.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation