Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Hearing Loss
    #3858167 - 03/02/05 04:13 PM (19 years, 30 days ago)

i have been.. lets say notbeing responsible about my listening pleasures.  i wear headphones at home when listening to music and when creating music, and i feel the need for them to be extremely loud...  the past week ive just been turning it louder and louder, and even in my car.

two days ago i noticed my hearing is very muffled throughout the day, so ive made myself turn my headphones and stereo WAY down, and i will not turn it up anymore because im afraid im losing my hearing. 

i have noticed a slight betterment of the situation since, so i assume that my ears are healing themselves, very slowly...  so this leads me to believe that "not all is lost". 

along with curbing the decibals of my music what other natural ways can i effect the regrowth of my hearing system?

ie: any natural medicines or techniques i can utelize to help get my hearing to its old self, perhaps even make it better?

:heart:

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Hearing Loss [Re: Todcasil]
    #3858343 - 03/02/05 04:41 PM (19 years, 30 days ago)

As far as I know, if you actually DO damage your ears...the damage is for life. Those little hairs in your inner ear don't grow back once they break off :frown:

My aunt has a 60% hearing loss that is DIRECTLY a result of her listening to loud music with headphones for much of her teen years. Almost 30 years later...and she still has a 60% loss and now needs hearing aids. I was born with a 15% hearing loss, which has not gotten any better over the past 24 years. So like I said: hearing damage = PERMANENT!

If you think you may have damaged your ears, I urge you to see a doctor about it and have your ears tested. You've definitely got the right idea about limiting your exposure to loud music, though! KEEP IT UP!

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: Hearing Loss [Re: trendal]
    #3858370 - 03/02/05 04:44 PM (19 years, 30 days ago)

well... ive noticed my hearing getting better, so im hoping that i didnt do any permanent damage as of yet...

but yes, loud music is going out the window, unfortunatly :sad:  but at least ill be able to hear (or prevent anymore damage).

thanks.

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
    #3859376 - 03/02/05 07:35 PM (19 years, 30 days ago)

Hey i ve done alot of research on this subject lately, mainly because i started developing tinnitus after hundreds of raves and exposure to ungodly db thruout my life.

This scared me to death cos the only thing i want in my life is to be able to hear all the frequency spectrum that healthy ears do ,in order to keep recoding in my studio untill i die!

One word.

Earplugs. They are your best friend. Get a good pro pair (they cost 150$) custom made for your ears only. They cut off all frequencies the same so the result is not a dull sound, but just a lower level.

Damaged ear:Note highlighted area with less hair

Eardiagram:

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #3861065 - 03/03/05 01:46 AM (19 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

As far as I know, if you actually DO damage your ears...the damage is for life.

if you want to know what kind of damage or if you have damage you should get your hearing checked out.

You make a good decision about greatly decreasing the volume of what you're listening too. I know putting music loud can be nice (like when you go to a party etc or even sometimes at home). Your ears can adjust to high volumes for a while but if they are exposed to high volumes for a long time (more than a few houres if I'm correct) then it's bad for your hearing.

also when making music using low volume is better for the final result (the loudness of various sounds) :thumbup:

InvisibleJoeChip
Entropy
Re: Hearing Loss [Re: stefan]
    #3909754 - 03/12/05 11:06 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

ugh I too have tinnitus and it sucks. :[

--------------------
I am Ubik. Before the universe was, I am. I made the suns. I made the worlds. I created the lives and the places they inhabit; I move them here, I put them there. They go as I say, they do as I tell them. I am the word and my name is never spoken, the name which no one knows. I am called Ubik, but that is not my name. I am. I shall always be.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies