Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: Public Sex and Nudity [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #3862881 - 03/03/05 02:26 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

Ermmm... killing one's own species is EXTREMELY NATURAL... do yourself a favor, turn on your tv and watch the discovery channel, animal planet, national geography or anything to that nature. Competition among one's own species is typically greater then the competetion against another species due to the inherent niche that they provide.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
Re: Public Sex and Nudity [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #3862903 - 03/03/05 02:31 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

yup

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Invisiblemoog
Stranger

#3862955 - 03/03/05 02:38 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

this is obvious to anyone with at least one eye. if a species killing its own were a natural tendency, in the same vein as the drives for food, shelter, reproduction, and socialization are, that means we'd think about killing other people on a regular basis. since the large majority of humans don't, it isn't a natural tendency. also, animals would eventually off their own species if they killed on a regular basis, as per a natural tendency, since it's easier (faster) to kill than to procreate. in the animal kingdom, killing one of your own is usually the result of fighting over territory, which correlates to humans fighting wars over "territory," although for us territory can be simply a threat or political power, etc.

when i say natural i'm referring to regularity or frequency of occurence. killing one of your own is rare and not as common as our instinctual drives to survive by other means.

humans nor animals do NOT wake up in the morning thinking, "hmm who will i kill today?"

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: Public Sex and Nudity [Re: moog]
    #3862968 - 03/03/05 02:40 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

moog said:
this is obvious to anyone with at least one eye. if a species killing its own were a natural tendency, in the same vein as the drives for food, shelter, reproduction, and socialization are, that means we'd think about killing other people on a regular basis. since the large majority of humans don't, it isn't a natural tendency. also, animals would eventually off their own species if they killed on a regular basis, as per a natural tendency, since it's easier (faster) to kill than to procreate. in the animal kingdom, killing one of your own is usually the result of fighting over territory, which correlates to humans fighting wars over "territory," although for us territory can be simply a threat or political power, etc.

when i say natural i'm referring to regularity or frequency of occurence. killing one of your own is rare and not as common as our instinctual drives to survive by other means.

humans nor animals do NOT wake up in the morning thinking, "hmm who will i kill today?"

Hate to burst your buble, but don't generalize. Some humans actually do wake up and wonder who they are going to kill those that don't abide by social procedures, nor conduct. Ever heard of serial killers?

It's rare because we're human beings and we provide limitations on our own conduct by; agreeing with a social contract and thereby limiting our behavior and exercising constraint.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
-Substance over Style.

Invisiblemoog
Stranger

#3862977 - 03/03/05 02:43 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

exactly, so why are you saying it's natural then?

even animals avoid fighting to the death if possible. fatal fights over territory aren't as common as discovery channel for kids makes it out to be.

OfflineCyber
Ash
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dearborn Michigan
Re: Public Sex and Nudity [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3862990 - 03/03/05 02:45 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
So gomp was telling me about a show on the Discovery Channel where public sex was the norm in Ancient Egypt.

In all of my studies of Ancient Egypt I have not come across anything that suggested that public sex was an acceptable practice.

Clothing was optional. Most Ancient Egyptian Children went with out cloths until there teens. Most garb of the ancient Egyptians was utilitarian. Common work cloths tended to be a wrap to keep your privets from getting in the way as well as a cap to cover your head. Most of it was due to climate. With the Warm winters and hot summers there was little need for cloths. Socially, body hair was a taboo. Both men and women removed all body hair from there head down. Wigs were worn by both sex's as was makeup.

Births were a big thing, The bringing of a child into the world was a major event. Often the mother in labor was placed on a pedestal in the center of the room. shrouded by a light veil to keep the bugs away. The family and friends were in the room to celebrate the arrival of a new child. Women seem to cringe when I get to that little point.

All in all it was a different time with different social rules. Social rules that were as different as the ones between America and Japan today.

Quote:

So how did it go from public to private activity anyway?

Good question, I really have no idea how.

Quote:

How do all feel about it if it became legal to have sex in public as well as public nudity and the issue of women nursing in public?

I personally would not care one way or the other. Around here women can nurse in public and do. Public nudity does not bother me we, but I have seen enough nude bodies that it is just another person to me.

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #3862994 - 03/03/05 02:45 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

moog said:
exactly, so why are you saying it's natural then?

even animals avoid fighting to the death if possible. fatal fights over territory aren't as common as discovery channel for kids makes it out to be.

:lol:

I'm saying that one shouldn't apply natural ways to human conduct. Although we are animals, we aren't due to our ability to exercise constraint and to think of the consequences of our actions to a more profound degree then most animals are. Don't misconstrue/sidetrack the argument. The point of the matter is that one shouldn't be allowed to be freely nude and to have intercourse in public settings due to the fact that we are anything but animals in our capacity to reason.

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #3863013 - 03/03/05 02:48 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

good points Cyber, nothing wrong with nudity at all imo. But most people have a limited concept of sexual maturity, the only reason why it would be such an issue. We've got a population issue already, that would certainly exagerate the situation. Maybe if some cataclysmic event is going to occur then we should all run around naked after the fact to "restore" what was lost. As it stands now, I don't think it'd be advisable to condone it.

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

Invisiblemoog
Stranger

#3863073 - 03/03/05 02:56 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

i understand your point. humans are different from animals in their ability to reason.

here's something to consider though: one person may reason, like yourself, that if we can exercise constraint then maybe we should. another will say, hey i was born naked so the natural thing to do would be to stay naked. there's more than those two of course, there's a lot of different ways to reason this out. it's our very ability to reason that makes us come to different conclusions, and who is to say who's reasoning is the correct one?

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #3863111 - 03/03/05 03:00 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

Good point moog. I think it's not a matter of who is to say what is the correct way, but why they say it is the correct way. As far as reasoning goes, can you explain to me why and how your views would be more of a benefit to society then the currently established view? If not, we have no reason to further discuss this. I believe the choice is to made as to the larger benefit (socially, a government and laws are to serve the people it represents and nothing else), and imo it hasn't been proven to any degree that it'd be better another way.

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#3863210 - 03/03/05 03:14 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

moog

It's not about if killing is natural on it's own. What is natural is following desires and instincts.
It is natural to kill someone if you feel like it. It's natural to rape if you feel like it, because that is what animals do. They
just follow what they want to do.

The natural way for satisfying hunger would be to eat at all cost, even if it invloves sacrifying other people's lives.

Did you know that male cats (large cats) kill the young of the female just to make her have sex with them? This is not an anomaly. This is something every lion will try to do. It is a part of destroying competition genes and forcing your own genes.

--------------------

InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
    #3863310 - 03/03/05 03:30 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

Adamist and I were sorta having some sandy naked sex in front of multiple thousands of people during dave Matthews, Friday night at Bonnaroo last year. heh.

Some people were happy to see us together, others were pissed off cause it was the encore set of DM. Emo kids.

after all we were in the front front, where Dave could see us, right under his nose..dead center. gotta love candyflippinmushietrippin...

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
    #3863432 - 03/03/05 03:47 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

Comparing killing to sex is stupidest thing I've ever heard.

--------------------

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: Public Sex and Nudity [Re: zahudulallah]
    #3863493 - 03/03/05 03:57 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

Ermmmm well, your detracting away from the initial argument. Their are similarties that apply in way of social constraints and the reasoning thereof, sorry you couldn't see what I was getting at. Failing to see a simple point and Its implication is stupid as well.

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #3863785 - 03/03/05 05:02 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

a

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Edited by matt (08/31/07 06:02 PM)

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
    #3863816 - 03/03/05 05:09 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

Whats your point of implication?

--------------------

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#3864369 - 03/03/05 06:53 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

Why is it stupid to you? Both are driven by natural instincs. Eating is too. And drinking.

--------------------

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #3864395 - 03/03/05 06:56 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

zahudulallah said:
Whats your point of implication?

Please reread what I've posted... I don't feel the need to further reiterate myself. If it isn't clear to you, by all means PM me, and I'll break it down.

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#3865819 - 03/04/05 12:00 AM (19 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
Morrow,

What is it that you think it is representing, "the bigger problem" that is?

Simply that few think for themselves because they don't know how, and there is no cultural knowledge to teach them at least the basics if they can't think. What the basics are is thus highly subjective, but sex laws are stupid and should have nothing to do with government.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order