Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Public Sex and Nudity [Re: zahudulallah]
    #3859512 - 03/02/05 08:02 PM (19 years, 21 days ago)

I have to agree. That is a frontier our society is not ready to deal with. I, personally, don't want to have to deal with it either. Do, I think it immoral? That is a hard question that I am not prepared to answer at this time in my life. I guess it all depends upon the morals and mores of the society as to whether it is moral.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: Public Sex and Nudity [Re: vampirism]
    #3859529 - 03/02/05 08:06 PM (19 years, 21 days ago)

Morrow,

What is it that you think it is representing, "the bigger problem" that is?

JCoke,

That was key to touch on, the issue of people taking offense to it. I want to know where that comes from. The Aborigines don't find any of it offensive, so it's learned.

Somewhere along the way, we taught ourselves to take offense to public nudity, nursing and sex. Why, I want to know. What was the advantage? Was it a matter of becoming more civilized, or pitched as being more civilized to cover and hide and keep private to be less like the savages or the impoverished?

Was it initially a way for classes of people to separate themselves from the lower classes or even a beginning way to create a lower class?

Breast feeding is called nursing because society women had actual nurses/nannies that breast fed their own children for them.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
Re: Public Sex and Nudity [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3859530 - 03/02/05 08:06 PM (19 years, 21 days ago)

I don't believe it is immoral. If I saw a couple making love, I'd feeling connected to them like they were my brother and sister in humanity.

--------------------

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#3859658 - 03/02/05 08:34 PM (19 years, 21 days ago)

:rolleyes:

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
    #3859666 - 03/02/05 08:35 PM (19 years, 21 days ago)

It shouldn't be done for the mere reason that some people aren't pleasant to the eyes, although public nudity isn't too much of an issue beyond public health... e.g. sitting at the ol' McDonalds to see someone bare ass spread out in a booth eating a cheeseburger. Works for me anyhow, remember a freedom is a freedom to all... unless you feel that you can easily conform to a new standard where you might one day see your parents going at it...

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #3859677 - 03/02/05 08:37 PM (19 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

zahudulallah said:
I don't believe it is immoral. If I saw a couple making love, I'd feeling connected to them like they were my brother and sister in humanity.

This would be applicable to all forms of sexual relations you know, being a democracy and all. Dunno, all the moaning around the place and the "too hard", "harder", and "right their" would lose its appeal soon enough.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
-Substance over Style.

OfflineHippie
officialdeadhead

Loc: here & now
    #3859744 - 03/02/05 08:50 PM (19 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

zahudulallah said:
Personally, I'm all for nudity. If men can go bareback, women should too.

Not sure if anyone said this (I didn't read the whole thread) but in some part of New York, it's legal for women to go bareback as long as they're not acting 'lewd.'
Score one for womyn!

--------------------

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
Re: Public Sex and Nudity [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3859862 - 03/02/05 09:12 PM (19 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
JCoke,

That was key to touch on, the issue of people taking offense to it. I want to know where that comes from. The Aborigines don't find any of it offensive, so it's learned.

Somewhere along the way, we taught ourselves to take offense to public nudity, nursing and sex. Why, I want to know. What was the advantage? Was it a matter of becoming more civilized, or pitched as being more civilized to cover and hide and keep private to be less like the savages or the impoverished?

Was it initially a way for classes of people to separate themselves from the lower classes or even a beginning way to create a lower class?

Breast feeding is called nursing because society women had actual nurses/nannies that breast fed their own children for them.

were taught not to run around naked, when were born, we don't give a shit, so it's learned/taught type deal for sure..

yea, i'm sure weve all seen shows on the discovery channel, nothing butt ass i tell you..

and yet i don't get offended or disgusted when it's on tv, and i would'nt be disgusted if i was there with them, like i said, my problem with it comes from the thought of someone else being offended by it, and theres another reason, i myself don't want to see on the streets, it's a distraction, it's not me, i want to go to the store pick up some smokes and go home with out getting a hard on.

not everyone wants to be perverted and be horny all day, that is one of my two reasons, banning public nudity for mine and othere's sake = respect for us.

however, most people are against it without even a thought of why there against it, a lost cause, there taught by parents and society that public nudity, wether it's nude beaches or nursing mothers, is wrong, to some, it does'nt matter why, it's just the way it always was..

--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: Public Sex and Nudity [Re: JCoke]
    #3860045 - 03/02/05 09:38 PM (19 years, 21 days ago)

I hear ya! I am wondering what started it being "wrong". There may be more implications then just religious ones, like what I suggested about class divisions between civilized and uncivilized humans.

Do we have any history buffs here?

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3860074 - 03/02/05 09:45 PM (19 years, 21 days ago)

It is mainly an issue of propriety; not one of morals. I will say that I do not wish to engage in public sexual activity. I have a sense of good taste that this seems to violate. Breast feeding however is another matter. Public breast feeding can take place in an atmosphere of good taste if people are polite. It is not a religious issue as I see it.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Invisiblemoog
Stranger

#3860085 - 03/02/05 09:46 PM (19 years, 21 days ago)

i live in the states, but i don't have any problem with public nudity or public sex. it's a natural thing and shouldn't be suppressed. if children can learn at a young age that it's a natural thing, i think they'll grow up to be less inhibited and more comfortable with their sexuality, rather than being mentally scarred like some people think would happen.

i also think the argument about "being offended" has no ground to stand on. there's a lot of things beside sex that we have to put up with on a daily basis that we might be offended by (people's clothes, opinions, language, etc). if you're disgusted by ugly people being naked or fucking, that's a personal problem that you need to deal with. they don't need to wear clothes out of your consideration just like they don't need to drive a car or eat food that you approve of.

i also don't think morality is a valid argument here. if your morality is against human nature you've got a twisted sense of morality anyway. and yes, shame is a learned behavior. if a child walked around naked for the first 6 or 7 years of his/her life they'd know nothing of shame.

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
Re: Public Sex and Nudity [Re: moog]
    #3860638 - 03/03/05 12:09 AM (19 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

moog said:
i live in the states, but i don't have any problem with public nudity or public sex. it's a natural thing and shouldn't be suppressed. if children can learn at a young age that it's a natural thing, i think they'll grow up to be less inhibited and more comfortable with their sexuality, rather than being mentally scarred like some people think would happen.

i also think the argument about "being offended" has no ground to stand on. there's a lot of things beside sex that we have to put up with on a daily basis that we might be offended by (people's clothes, opinions, language, etc). if you're disgusted by ugly people being naked or fucking, that's a personal problem that you need to deal with. they don't need to wear clothes out of your consideration just like they don't need to drive a car or eat food that you approve of.

i also don't think morality is a valid argument here. if your morality is against human nature you've got a twisted sense of morality anyway. and yes, shame is a learned behavior. if a child walked around naked for the first 6 or 7 years of his/her life they'd know nothing of shame.

so basicly, you say fuck me, my taste, my beliefs, my life, it's my problem not yours, you do what you want i do what i want??

"also think the argument about "being offended" has no ground to stand on. there's a lot of things beside sex that we have to put up with on a daily basis that we might be offended by (people's clothes, opinions, language, etc)."

exactly, that does'nt make it right, we should'nt cuss around strangers, they might get offended, we should cover up what might be offences to strangers, and i sure as hell don't want to get into a religous debate on my way to the store for smokes..

you do all these things with out a care about other peoples feelings??

surely i'm not the only one here in suport of respect for your fellow man, no??

:tongue:

--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: Public Sex and Nudity [Re: zorbman]
    #3861178 - 03/03/05 02:26 AM (19 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

zorbman said:
I think people have a right to fuck in public.

I agree wholeheartedly!

I want to wake up in the morning to see couples having anal sex on the sidewalk in front of my house for all the neighborhood kids to see! That'll learn 'em!

sure like anyone would wanna fuck on the sidewalk in the cold morning dew...
id much rather have anal sex in a cozy enclose, pillow laden den.

just because people can do watever they want (AND THEY CAN) doesnt mean they will do everything concievable.

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Loc: Australia
    #3861195 - 03/03/05 02:44 AM (19 years, 21 days ago)

damn jig i wish i was here earlier to discuss the throughly, i think people or society need to let go of there probs with sexuality and become more sexuality free beings. the only law that should be against is age of consent like older to younger people and doing anything against a persons will.
through my younger years and through my teens i found it hard to be sexually open with others because of experience and what beleifs and been taught to me when i was younger till i found tantra and my own way.

lets become a sexually open soceity and not to hide behind smoke and mirrors.

--------------------
suicide a permanent solution to a temporary problem

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
Re: Public Sex and Nudity [Re: spudamore]
    #3861201 - 03/03/05 02:47 AM (19 years, 21 days ago)

That will happen the day red states revere Alfred Kinsey.

--------------------

Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
Loc: Inguland
    #3861377 - 03/03/05 06:52 AM (19 years, 20 days ago)

I think that, while it may cause offence to lots of people, it is your choice whether you respect these people's "sense of dignity" and not the government's place to regulate what comes down to manners.

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
Re: Public Sex and Nudity [Re: deafpanda]
    #3862717 - 03/03/05 02:02 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

there is nothing wrong with sex or nudity, but think about the violence that it would cause.

Every attractive and kind person (both at the same time) is a powerful catalisator in local society. Some get attracted and ambitious, some get hopeless and depressed, some get angry and jelous (sp?)
In extreme cases, some even kill themselfs, or kill others.
And all that just because of word of mouth or public showing of affection like innocent hugs. Now imagine what would be if those people actually saw them having sex.

You know there are lot of people out there that are hormonal unstopable locomotives. So make them angry and you have injected an injection with a powerfull drug, and suddenly they pop and are no longer humans that think but wild animals. I'm not judging those people, there are ways of controling that medically, but that's not in practice at this time.

So having sex in public would be one of those injections of drugs
and a lot of blood would be spilled for nothing.

If everyone was one big happy family and everyone had parterns that fit each other, and it was one on one all the time, sure, sex, nudity, whatever.

But a lot of suicides are done because of crushes and obsessions.
Imagine some person obsessed over someone, crying and being on the edge of nerves walking in the park and seeing his "loved one" having sex with some other person, and the person can't even say "hi" because he/she is in extasy and can't move her/his mouth

There would be a lot more suicides and murders out of rage and pain.

Hiding is not the solution, but a perfect balance of freedom and
subtleness (is that a word?) is the right choice for keeping everyone happy as much as it is possible.

And as for nudity. I bet the number of rapes would tripple.
Some people just can't control themselfs. They need hormonal therapy.

There is no such thing as a 100% free society because society itself is a compromise of freedom, we give away freedom and get back stability and security.

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #3862739 - 03/03/05 02:06 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

moog said:

Killing is also a natural thing... Among one of the most natural things of all, yet for some reason I doubt that you would conform to a similar belief with a similar line of reasoning. Sure, we're animals, but we're higher animals by virtue of restraining ourselves for a better purpose.

Shame is not of consequence, one should have no shame with their body, if you do alter it with plastic (plastic surgery) like those with low self esteem do. Most certainly not an issue of shame, nor morality, just a higher purpose and a greater distinction between our birthright as human beings and our ability to be higher to the degree that we have a reasoning based on the foundations they serve.

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

Edited by Psychoactive1984 (03/03/05 02:20 PM)

Invisiblemoog
Stranger

Re: Public Sex and Nudity [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #3862838 - 03/03/05 02:19 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

Yes killing is a natural thing, but killing one of your own species is typically not.

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
    #3862873 - 03/03/05 02:24 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

Now where did you hear such a thing?

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale