Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePhotoguy
Drunk andJobless

Loc: Drunk in Texas
Music to Grow On? Strange Question.
    #3857716 - 03/02/05 02:40 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Does anyone play music for their little growing friends? I ask this because I have done some reading and although not scientifically proven, music seems to affect the growth cycle of plants.

Dont jump on the bash boat and tell me "Mushrooms are not plants, Mycology is totally different!" because I know this.

Has anyone tried playing music while growing, either in the inoculation phase or the growth phase?

I know its pretty silly for me to post this, but as everybody knows in here WHATEVER MAKES A GROW BETTER SHOULD BE SHARED!

Since my first grow will be starting this weekend I will be playing a mixiture of classical and techno for mine. I want them smart and strong!

BTW, I think my house could be used as a clean lab for the CDC right now. Its so friggin clean. My girlfriend keeps asking me why is the place spotless, why is so humid and warm, blah blah blah.

I just laugh and say Im off my medication and really CRAZY right now.

What kind of music would you play during your grow?

Thanks

--------------------
You gotta check yo' self before you wreck yo' self

B, Z, F, Burma, Cambodian, Golden Teacher, Puerto Rico, South American, Costa Rica, African

My name is Ender Wiggen and I will own you soon. Bean is my second in command, he is PC'ing jars right now.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Music to Grow On? Strange Question. [Re: Photoguy]
    #3857850 - 03/02/05 03:10 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Now your gonna laugh cause I'm gonna tell you to do a search. Believe it or not, this question gets asked every now and then. Search back for a year and see what you find. I can recall 3 or 4 posts discussing this.

I will play music once I get off my lazy ass to set up my speakers in my room. Cause I like music. :smile:

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinemockeylock
head
 User Gallery

Re: Music to Grow On? Strange Question. [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3857870 - 03/02/05 03:14 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, everybody knows if you play Tom Jones' "It's Not Unusual" over and over and over again, they will definately be about three times more potent!

--------------------

OfflinePhotoguy
Drunk andJobless

Loc: Drunk in Texas
Re: Music to Grow On? Strange Question. [Re: mockeylock]
    #3857903 - 03/02/05 03:22 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I did a search, got some laughs, but didn't get any real info. I like the post about putting pictures up of grown mushrooms for the little ones to look at.

I'm gonna put a ton of fully grown cake photos up on the wall so they can see what they should become.

The power of positvie thinking.

Oh well, Im gonna try it. When the grow is really going (starting this weekend) I will post some pics. My grow room is my work room, turntables, computer, stero, so I will be able to bust out some killer tunes for the little guys.

--------------------
You gotta check yo' self before you wreck yo' self

B, Z, F, Burma, Cambodian, Golden Teacher, Puerto Rico, South American, Costa Rica, African

My name is Ender Wiggen and I will own you soon. Bean is my second in command, he is PC'ing jars right now.

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #3857922 - 03/02/05 03:26 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

My mushrooms seem to like Pink Floyd or Rush...the best.

But they have been known to listen to...System of a Down...from time to time.

:smile:

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflineDarkie
Bitches n hoes dont mean a thing
 User Gallery

#3857952 - 03/02/05 03:31 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I've heard the same for plants. BUT MUSHROOMS AREN'T PLANTS, heh GOOD! IMHO mushrooms seem to be plants evolved. So if music can help dumb old plants, then mushrooms should benifit too. Classical is probably the best since plant studies have shown that classical helps and rock/rap/pop/country hurts. But since i will have to probably listen to what they listen to i would put on some good mellow quality music like Air, Beck, Pink Floyd, Jamiroqui, etc but that is just my tastes. I think vocals were also bad for plants.....but talking to them good....i dunno. ~peace~

--------------------
You gotta wake up to get faded but you gotta get up to get paided.

OfflineMinimalist
Sinister Midgetwith a bucketand a mop

Re: Music to Grow On? Strange Question. [Re: Darkie]
    #3859696 - 03/02/05 08:40 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I was thinking about this, as well. I'd want to give them a steady diet of Death, Morbid Angel, Carcass.. stuff like that. Unfortunately, due to living with my girl, I can't grow.. and my friend who IS growing doesn't like that kind of music.. *sniff*

--------------------
You've started a fire, you've started a fire you can't put out
You've burned your bridges, can't go back from where you came
Vision is failing, just writhe and burn out of control
No use pretending, slither back into your hole

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds