Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures, Substrate Mix   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Birthing questions
    #385727 - 09/04/01 06:54 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

My friend is going to be birthing some cakes soon. They have recenly become 100% complete and he has turned his red light on in the incubation chamber 24/7. If he does not seen pins by this friday invitro should he birth anyways. He is going to be using a medium sized cooler humidified with perlite. Questions are:

1 (allready asked): Should he birth on friday if he does not see invitro pins or wait for invitro pins?
2: What else can he do to start the fruiting cycle?
3: If the first flush is successful should he dunk or add a straw to the cake to give it more moisture? How easly could it become contaminated at this point?

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMy Third Eye
old hand

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Birthing questions [Re: phrozendata]
    #385795 - 09/04/01 07:55 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

you are pretty safe to birth them after a week of full colonization.you dont need to see invitro pins.i wouldnt worry too much about contams if you dont already see any..if i were you id case em..use plain vermiculite to case..its really easy..thats just my opinion..if you are going to keep them as cakes put them in your terrarium with perlite and keep the humidity high by misting the sides and fan one to 2 times a day.you should see some growth sooner or later..

The light that fueled our fire then has burned a hole between us so
We cannot see to reach an end crippling our communication

--------------------
suddenly a flaming stealth banana split the sky
like one would hope but never really expect
to see in a place like this.
Cutting right angle donuts on a dime
and stopping right at my Birkenstocks,
and me yelping...Holy fucking shit!

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Birthing questions [Re: My Third Eye]
    #385927 - 09/04/01 09:58 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

If they were my cakes I would case but my friend has less experience than me. He comes over and uses my nickname to post here sometimes because he doesnt seem to belive me half the time. He always says "My friend" just so you guys know it is not me. He had decided now to birth the cakes in a small perlite humidified chamber and will spray and fan two to three times a day. He would also like to know if he can use the straw tek with regular tap water or if he should boil it for an hour. Also, would sterilize a syringe in the microwave for five minutes then sucking up water that has been boiling for ten to fifteen minutes be sterile enough? Moreover, is dunking inbetween flushes relatively safe if he wants to avoid contaminates? He only did two test jars to test some syringe he received so he really doesnt want to loose these cakes. He would also like to know what he should do inbetween flushes to insure a stronge second and hopefully third flush. Thank-You in advance for any reply you may give us.

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures, Substrate Mix   North Spore Injection Grain Bag