Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGunnthier
Habit
Loc: Behind You
Sterilized days? How long?
    #3856338 - 03/02/05 10:46 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I'm going to sterilize my pfT jars today March 2nd. I was wonder how long i can wait before inoculation the jars w/ the spores b4 it's not sterile anymore.

In other words, I can't put the spore solution in my jars until Saturday night, March 5th. If I sterilize the jars today, will it be ok to put the spores in saturday? or will it be too late??

Thanks ppl.

--------------------
-The things said on this board is nothing but ficticious thoughts that I dream-up daily-

-My life is like comic book prints, filled with issues-

-Everything else is just an option-

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineShroomGuy86
Shroooooooooooooooom

Loc: MycVille
- [Re: Gunnthier]
    #3856346 - 03/02/05 10:47 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

-

--------------------
"I put Lamborghini doors on that Es-co-lade
Low pro so low look like I'm riding on blades" - 50 Cent

OfflineFINITE1
Stranger in aStrange Land
Re: Sterilized days? How long? [Re: Gunnthier]
    #3856350 - 03/02/05 10:48 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

You can wait as long as you like making sure the jars stay relatively sterile. Keep them in a sterilized cooler or something like that until you can inoculate them.

--------------------
I was there at the last concert in Chicago, Soldier Field actually. It was my first concert experience and the best time I have ever had. Little did I know it would be the last time I would see them play.

InvisibleFloydseamus
Fun Guy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Long Island
Re: Sterilized days? How long? [Re: Gunnthier]
    #3856353 - 03/02/05 10:49 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

If properly sterilized, you should be fine... i'd say a few days will be ok.... I've done it in the past with both pf tek, and grain jars and been fine..... Although grain jars seem to last a little longer..... My opinion.... you should be fine.... but in the future, shoot em up as soon as possible..... good luck....

--------------------

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Sterilized days? How long? [Re: ShroomGuy86]
    #3856354 - 03/02/05 10:49 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

They will last quite awhile sterilized. Keep the foil lids on them to keep contams from landing on the surface, but even that isn't necessary. I've waited weeks to inoculate sterilized grain jars, and even longer for PF style jars.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

OfflineShrooms4Less
Shroom4Free
 User Gallery

Loc: Right Here
Re: Sterilized days? How long? [Re: Holydiver]
    #3856401 - 03/02/05 11:05 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Should be fine. Just keep them in the PC until you can get around to it. They are sterile in there and no contams can get it. the only problem might be lack of moisture or dehydration. Good luck.

--------------------
If your friend is already dead, and being eaten by vultures, I think it's okay to feed some bits of your friend to one of the vultures, to teach him to do some tricks. But ONLY if you're serious about adopting the vulture. - Deep Thoughts (Saturday Night Live)

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: Sterilized days? How long? [Re: Shrooms4Less]
    #3856429 - 03/02/05 11:12 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

you even get a bonus if you wait a few days, if it was contaminated you'll be able to see the growth by the time you go to inoculate so you dont go wasting solution.but to answe r your question yes they will be fine.

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation