Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleFloydseamus
Fun Guy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Long Island Flag
How can my friend evenly heat a Grow Room????
    #3855761 - 03/02/05 03:42 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

My question is just that... how can my friend evenly heat his grow room.... he's thought about space heaters with digital readouts that are temp controlled, coupled with fans to circulate the heat..... However he is still worried about hot/cold spots in the room.... Any ideas?

--------------------

Edited by Floydseamus (03/03/05 06:54 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLethalX5
Male

Re: How can I evenly heat a Grow Room???? [Re: Floydseamus]
    #3855768 - 03/02/05 03:55 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

How cold is the room right now? Cant you just Incubate in a TiT and then just fruit in a few Marthas?

--------------------
"To get what you've never had, You must do what you've never done."

InvisibleFloydseamus
Fun Guy
Male User Gallery

Re: How can I evenly heat a Grow Room???? [Re: LethalX5]
    #3855769 - 03/02/05 04:01 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

not familiar with the terms you have used, but it is a large scale room, the vent has been blocked to prevent contam entrance... it is basically a room sized bubble made with plastic.... he plans on having 7 tier shelves along the outer walls and a row of back to back shelves running in the middle..... its pretty cold due to no heat coming in from the furnace.... and since its in the midwest, the weather outside is not helping....

--------------------

Edited by Floydseamus (03/03/05 06:55 AM)

InvisibleFloydseamus
Fun Guy
Male User Gallery

#3855777 - 03/02/05 04:21 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Another concern of his would be the humidity level that the heaters would be subjected to.... any ideas?

--------------------

Edited by Floydseamus (03/03/05 06:56 AM)

OfflineTwister
Lucrative
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #3855789 - 03/02/05 04:30 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

The best, and easiest, thing I can think of would be to open the vent but just secure an AC filter, or a few, over it.

OfflineFirstAvailable
enthusiast
 User Gallery

Re: How can I evenly heat a Grow Room???? [Re: Twister]
    #3855800 - 03/02/05 04:35 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

yea, I agree with that somewhat. A hepa filter over the vent would stop any contams from getting in through there.

However, it would still be hard to control the temp in the closet/room.

OfflineTwister
Lucrative
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: How can I evenly heat a Grow Room???? [Re: FirstAvailable]
    #3855845 - 03/02/05 04:53 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah. I think for a room sized grow I would probably just do a ton of mini greenhouse(martha) type setups as you wouldnt have to worry as much about widespread contam outbreaks or moisture problems with heaters and what not.

InvisibleFloydseamus
Fun Guy
Male User Gallery

#3855950 - 03/02/05 06:17 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

First of all guys, thanks for the replies..... He thinks he probably will include the vent into the room, however he knows for a fact that this will still not be enough to heat to the desired levels.... The Mushroom Cultivator states that one can use baseboard heaters, and or space heaters, but mentions nothing of protecting them from the moisture in the air..... Anyone have any comments on this? They would be much appreciated.....

--------------------

Edited by Floydseamus (03/03/05 06:57 AM)

Offlinecraq_rooster
Laying theGolden Eggs

Loc: In the Nest
    #3855966 - 03/02/05 06:27 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i have a small 1000 watt room heater with temperature control, in a rool made out of sheets of plastic. theres also a humidifier in the room and the humidity can get up to 80+. i haven't had any problems with cold spots or the heaters having trouble in high humidity.

OfflinePooPs
What's thisfor???

Loc: Stirrin up the pile!
Re: How can I evenly heat a Grow Room???? [Re: craq_rooster]
    #3855988 - 03/02/05 06:33 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hook up a 1000w HPS in that sucker.. ballast outside the room.

The heat from that bulb alone with get things hot enough.

--------------------

-----------
Sniff, Sniff... What's that smell???... ohhhhh.!!
------------------

Pot Free for another : nevermind.. never made it..

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
Re: How can I evenly heat a Grow Room???? [Re: PooPs]
    #3856233 - 03/02/05 08:14 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

InvisibleFloydseamus
Fun Guy
Male User Gallery

#3856361 - 03/02/05 08:52 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Once again... thanks for the replies.... he really appreciates it.... he thinks he'll just go ahead and use the space heaters.... I mean you all and Staments cant be wrong... right? He is still open to opinions though  :laugh:

--------------------

Edited by Floydseamus (03/03/05 06:58 AM)

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3856707 - 03/02/05 10:37 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

The heat shouldnt let the moisture affect them. You know you only need to be 73-77 right? Space heater could work. My lights are in my chamber and work the same way..the heat from the bulb doesnt allow the moisture to affect it.

Only problems are when its off, water can build up if your not carful.

You could also put the heater outside of the grow room and use a fan to blow in warmed air from the heater. A back flap would prevent problems when the fan/heater are off.

Good luck!

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #3856774 - 03/02/05 10:49 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Use home heat system , use high quality pinch pleat filter , one that can roemve alergy causing spores dust etc . Keep it changed frequently and you will be fine. If you have the money to spend go for and in the duct hepa system , they run about 400$ installed...depending on size.Or you could also install an electrostaic filter.
As long as you keep temps somewhat stable in the room , what you call cold spots will not slow you down enough to care, and may not need to spend any money.
Space heaters have there downfalls , costly to run all the time , and can be fire hazzard if not carefull. To correct RH if go this route , use a humidifier or increase the output of one using.

GL

PS here is chart for filters if you choose to go that route.

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

InvisibleFloydseamus
Fun Guy
Male User Gallery

Re: How can I evenly heat a Grow Room???? [Re: tripndicular]
    #3858355 - 03/02/05 04:42 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Great advice guys... He really appreciates the chart brother... You guys once again have silenced his fears.... That is really invaluable.... priceless.... Five shrooms to the shroomery, and five shrooms to you all, from him.... Thanks again

--------------------

Edited by Floydseamus (03/03/05 06:59 AM)

Offlinebrewwhaha1
Stranger thanmost
    #3858981 - 03/02/05 06:25 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

how about a warm air himidifier attched to a thermostat. to regulate it on off around your desired gorwing temp. it you may still have to mist but not as often and you would have warm humid air being created . i left one in an apt. once and it was like walking into the rain forest

OfflineFirstAvailable
enthusiast
 User Gallery

Re: How can I evenly heat a Grow Room???? [Re: brewwhaha1]
    #3861108 - 03/03/05 01:57 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

haw large is this room? You can have a reciprocating fan blow across the space heater, if you decide to use one. This will make the temp. in the room a little more even. Otherwise it will be hotter by the heater, and cooler away from it.

Also, instead of having 1 large heater, you could have a few smaller ones. This will spread the heat around more, and make it more even.

OfflineTomatadunothing
Stranger

Re: How can I evenly heat a Grow Room???? [Re: FirstAvailable]
    #3861171 - 03/03/05 02:20 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Damn that's the kinda room dreams are made of. Please do a grow log. Heck, I think you should start one now going from wherever you are now in construction to having the room full.

It would be awesome if you could use that cold room to your advantage and grow psilocybe cyan or azure, but you're probably better with the filter over the duct & growing something easier. Many have tried and failed indoors with those wood loving species.

Paul is the man! The Mushroom Cultivator rocks! Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms is pretty awesome, too.

I have 3 words for a room that size, or any size, really.

Liquid Mycelium inoculation

Best of luck in your cultivation ventures.

InvisibleFloydseamus
Fun Guy
Male User Gallery

Re: How can I evenly heat a Grow Room???? [Re: Tomatadunothing]
    #3861366 - 03/03/05 06:37 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

The room is rather large.... He plans on having about 80+ shelves, that would each contain a bulk bin.... He doesnt exactly know what size the bins will be tho... That is really a matter of finding the most inexpensive containers.... He was thinking of those thin plastic flats that seedlings come in at garden stores.... If any of you can give him a heads up on where to get black plastic, cheap ass tubs of some sort that would be great.... As for the fans, yes he has thought of that.... He just hopes that the electronics dont short out due to the humidity... This is going to have to be a ghetto first round, after that, He does plan to upgrade the room very much... meaning do it professionally... He does however believe that he can pull it off with the items he has at his disposal... Dunno.... About the innoc tek.... He has put quite a bit of time into pc'n rye grain.... he's got around 90 quart jars colonizing right now to start, and will pick the healthiest ones to do G2G transfers with... He can fit 7 quart jars in each of his 2 pc's right now, and have enlisted turkey friers to simmer the grain... Definatly worked well... Grain gets hard to stir at that level tho...  :wink: He plans on using straw as a substrate.... He's gotten ahold of a 55 gallon drum to do the hot water bath pasteurization tek in.... So really its looking on the up and up.... He will definatly share some pics with you all when the room is in full fruit.... I know it will be a beautiful sight... Well... wish him luck, and please.... if you have anymore advice, share brothers  :grin:

--------------------

Edited by Floydseamus (03/03/05 07:02 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds