Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBukutang
Stranger
SoCal Identification help please!!
    #3855002 - 03/01/05 11:21 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hey, I just picked my first mushrooms on a hike I took today. Im not sure if they are good to eat and will trip me out, or if they are poisionous and should not eat them. The mushrooms were found in the hills of the San Fernando Valley, close to Los Angeles. They were in a shady woodland area by a stream and under trees were there was plenty of vegetation (mostly grass). I found two patches, each with about 5 mushrooms. Stipe: white and varies from 1 to 2 inches. They didnt not change color realy after handling. Caps: Varies from half inch diameter to 1 inch diameter, round (not wavy), more flat than conical, smooth surface, yellowish center fading to white (darker when handled), and light red dots around the outer surafce evenly spread out. Gills: bruise to indigo color. The odor is not very distinct, but is not pleasant.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
Trusted Identifier
Re: SoCal Identification help please!! [Re: Bukutang]
    #3855098 - 03/01/05 11:50 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hello, I would suggest just taking your time and doing some research. A good place to start would be the sticky posts in this forum and the FAQs on this site. Become familiar with what what species grow in which areas and some of the important identification features. It is also a good idea to become familiar with some of the poisonous species in your area.
Make sure that the gills are in fact gills (not tubes/pores) Take a spore print also, this one of the most important things in identification.
For ID purposes a photo and a more detailed description is helpful.

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: SoCal Identification help please!! [Re: Bukutang]
    #3856083 - 03/02/05 07:16 AM (19 years, 30 days ago)

you should not eat them.

that description is not good enough for me to come to a conclusion. eris gave you good advice...

DH

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: SoCal Identification help please!! [Re: spores]
    #3856845 - 03/02/05 11:03 AM (19 years, 30 days ago)

lepiota?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags