Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepsilocybedrummer
A Fun Guy
Loc: Portland, OR
A question from a newbie..
    #3853005 - 03/01/05 03:54 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hey all, im new here, it sucks to be a newbie , but hey, you gotta start somewhere. Anyway, im also pretty new to mushrooms to, and I have question. I just purchased some closed capped cubensis, and was wondering if mushrooms ever get old/lose their potency over a certain time? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: A question from a newbie.. [Re: psilocybedrummer]
    #3853055 - 03/01/05 04:05 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Hey all, im new here, it sucks to be a newbie , but hey, you gotta start somewhere. Anyway, im also pretty new to mushrooms to, and I have question. I just purchased some closed capped cubensis, and was wondering if mushrooms ever get old/lose their potency over a certain time? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Heya, Welcome to the Shroomery.  I just read this where scat tells a guy in  in this thread here, a good method for keeping his mushrooms.  Now if your going long long term storage (over years) there are some teks on how to preserve/process shrooms.  Also you can use 'search posts funtion' and search the database for the questions that you have (..and you'll have a shitload more :smile:) and get insta-info.  Peace.

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

Edited by Civ (03/01/05 04:14 PM)

Offline2ndRegime
"Place TitleHere"

Loc: Western Region
    #3853129 - 03/01/05 04:17 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hey drummer, I'm new here too but been lurking here for awhile. The general consensus on potency over a certain period of time really depends on how those shrooms were dried and how they're stored thereafter. If they were completely dried and stored in a nice dry place, I'm pretty sure they'll last 6 months++. Now if they we're half-assed dried, mold could form due to the moisture turning it into a toxic black piece of fungus that would for sure lose some kind of "potency" (as I've found out first hand) :crazy2:

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #3855538 - 03/02/05 01:41 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

cracker dried
and stored air-tight
they last for years
and years :thumbup:

Offlinepsilocybedrummer
A Fun Guy
Loc: Portland, OR
Re: A question from a newbie.. [Re: stefan]
    #3855595 - 03/02/05 02:03 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Thank you guys very much.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate