Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLethalX5
Male

i dont know what to title this
    #3855058 - 03/02/05 01:40 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

ok so ever since i was a littler kid i used to go to Wisconsin every other weekend with my grandparents to their lake house.  Bu i was thinking about this today, i always remember my grandpa going out into the yard and grabbing huge amounts of mushrooms from the backyard.  then he would go someplace else and get some more.  i remember him trying to show me which ones were the good ones and which ones where the bad ones, but me being very young i didn't have much interest in it at all.  but after he would pick them he would always give them to my grandma and she would put them all in a huge pot with water.  now i don't know what happened after that.  i never remember eating them with dinner or anything so i Wonder if my grandma would make the tea i was just reading about.  Now my grand parents arnt from the USA they are from Yugoslavia and they came here with my dad when he was about 7 years old.  i looked in the FAQ and it didn't have anything under Wisconsin for shrooms,  but what strain do you think they could have been?  i have never hunted before but i live in IL and i have done some reading on it and i plan to go when it get warmer.  So be ready to ID some boomers for me  :thumbup:  but anyway, i was just thinking about this and i thought i would share.

--------------------
"To get what you've never had, You must do what you've never done."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: i dont know what to title this [Re: LethalX5]
    #3856092 - 03/02/05 09:18 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

what strain do you think they could have been?

strains are not relevant or useful in identifying wild mushrooms, the best you can do is ID to species. in any case, there's absolutely no way we can tell what your grandparents picked without a description or some pics.

DH

Invisiblekoraks
Re: i dont know what to title this [Re: spores]
    #3856170 - 03/02/05 09:51 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

As DH pointed out, there's no point in trying to guess what kind of mushrooms your grandparents used to pick. I don't believe that they were psychedelic species though (I don't know if you had that impression). I can imagine that in southern European countries, putting freshly picked mushrooms in a pot for conservation purposes is/was done. But I'm not aware of specific species or methods.

Offlinesuperblingtheory
ghettogepetto

Loc: Omnipresent
Re: i dont know what to title this [Re: koraks]
    #3856199 - 03/02/05 09:59 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

No use wondering about the past but in this comming season if oyu are interested in edibles there are a great many choices available to you and you live in a wonderful place to pick them. IL is filled with a vast resource of lush natural wonders that will allow you for instance to have a wonderful morel season, which is comming up VERY soon. Yugoslavia is a country of avid mushroom pickers/eaters from all walks of life and of all ages.

--------------------

Guts and danger, Airborne Ranger...

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: i dont know what to title this [Re: superblingtheory]
    #3856538 - 03/02/05 11:48 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

My room mates from russia, lived there with his parents before. They're big into mushroom hunting. Never went for the trippy ones. Always used to go hunt them with him though. He's told them about his grow and the process (they moved across the country) and they are always interested. His mom told him once about her eating bad mushrooms and getting weird and sick. After trying to describe a trip, we dont think even these were trippy shrooms. There are so many hundreds and hundreds of species that arent active, its more likly they werent.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineLethalX5
Male

Re: i dont know what to title this [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3860011 - 03/02/05 11:32 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i will be sure to go up there sometime this year and take photos and prints to show all you guys.

--------------------
"To get what you've never had, You must do what you've never done."

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification