Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMiller
Drunk

Alright I think I'm ready for more advanced growing
    #3854338 - 03/01/05 08:44 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

My first attempt at growing i did about 48 jars, and about 15 of them made it. I learn a lot, second attempt i did 48 jars and well 100% contam free. There about to be birthed now. For my next grow I want to get a little more advanced. I've been reading a lot, but whats the best path for me to take. I want to try different substrates and make some casings. I'm open to all suggestions.

thanks

--------------------
~miller

What is the Scratchy?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Alright I think I'm ready for more advanced growing [Re: Miller]
    #3854352 - 03/01/05 08:48 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Move up to grains and bulk substrates. With 48 jars it sounds like you were using 1/2 pint jars, right? Once you get a set of pint or even quart jars and you master WBS/Rye (very easy) you won't go back. Then you can spawn it to straw, poo, castings, etc..

Stabbing in the dark here, afterall you didn't give any details about what methods you grew with .

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

OfflineMiller
Drunk

Re: Alright I think I'm ready for more advanced growing [Re: Holydiver]
    #3854373 - 03/01/05 08:53 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

yea i was using pf tek with 1/2 pint jars. verm and brf. cambodia and koh samui strains.

--------------------
~miller

What is the Scratchy?

Offlinepenlight438094
1 spliff 16.1g +1 man alone =Blitzed!

Re: Alright I think I'm ready for more advanced growing [Re: Holydiver]
    #3854385 - 03/01/05 08:56 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Diver said:
Move up to grains and bulk substrates. With 48 jars it sounds like you were using 1/2 pint jars, right? Once you get a set of pint or even quart jars and you master WBS/Rye (very easy) you won't go back. Then you can spawn it to straw, poo, castings, etc..

Stabbing in the dark here, afterall you didn't give any details about what methods you grew with .

ditto, I haven't seen a pf cake with my own eye's since I first tried WBS, but now at days i'm leaning towards rye, it's a little harder to get the water content right, but I get alot less contams than with WBS

--------------------
Grown on Uncle Ben's 5 Minute Rice
Looks nice, Think again, read and see http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3576624/an/0/page/0

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Alright I think I'm ready for more advanced growing [Re: Miller]
    #3854388 - 03/01/05 08:57 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Ok thought so. Anyways, move up to grains and then learn to do grain-to-grain transfers as well. You won't have to fuss with PF cake mixtures or verm barriers ever again.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Alright I think I'm ready for more advanced growing [Re: penlight438094]
    #3856504 - 03/02/05 09:36 AM (19 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

penlight438094 said:
Quote:

Diver said:

ditto, I haven't seen a pf cake with my own eye's since I first tried WBS, but now at days i'm leaning towards rye, it's a little harder to get the water content right, but I get alot less contams than with WBS

Give a mix a try. 75% rye and 25%wbs. I use probably 70%/20% and then 10% verm myself. Never have any comtam problems really and fruits well from it. Performs about the same as straight rye and is over all cheaper, and makes the rye last a little longer.

I switch the ratio if I'm using it for spawn..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder