Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
Re: How much % h2o2 in my spray water? [Re: SpaceVox]
    #3851086 - 03/01/05 08:34 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

LOL its like an avalanche of posts!! But you started it dude! :P

But heeey didnt someone we both know tell you to use 1:10 IF you use it at all? :wink:

Good luck!

MF

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHotnuts
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild Blue Yawnder
Re: How much % h2o2 in my spray water? [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3851750 - 03/01/05 11:52 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

For one i never said to use pure bleach. A 1:250 parts is all it takes. To each it's own though. No harm intended.

InvisibleNeedMoreSleep
OCD = 100%Sterility :-)

Loc: One Inch ↑
Re: How much % h2o2 in my spray water? [Re: Hotnuts]
    #3851842 - 03/01/05 12:11 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

a capful is much more than 1:250....

--------------------

"Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil,
which we must fear most. And that is... the indifference of good men."
-Boondock Saints

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: How much % h2o2 in my spray water? [Re: NeedMoreSleep]
    #3851888 - 03/01/05 12:20 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

As I said to begin with. Bleach isnt safe to use but youd have to dilute it to more then just "a capful". I just went and took some measurements. A capful of bleach is 3ml. My small sprayer (used all the time except right after a fresh casing done) holds 170ml. Just a little more bleach then a 1:60 ratio. And they suggest 200:1 for cleaning floors. At your ratio 250:1, I should be putting in 1/4th of a dangerous chemical then you orginal told me.

But again, all that aside, I have not seen anyone, even the creator of the "bleach tek" recomend misting healthy cakes/casings with any bleach, let alone a capful.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineHambo
Limey

Loc: UK
Re: How much % h2o2 in my spray water? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3852258 - 03/01/05 01:31 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I used bleach to clean out a bucket to use as a terrarium for a left over casing that couldn't fit in my regular PMP type setup. I washed the hydroleca in it at the bottom. Then I rinsed it out with water about 5 times, how little bleach must have been left in there? not much for sure. I put the casing in there and covered it. The casing was self contained in a tub, not even direct contact with anything, but the bucket still smelt of bleach, within 12 hours large portions of the myc on top of the casing was dying and turning blue.

Luckily I noticed this, and took it out and just stuck a plastic bag on the casing tub, its fruiting ok right now.. I dunno if I got some dodgy super strong bleach or what, but I won't use any bleach near shrooms again.

--------------------

OfflineHotnuts
old hand
 User Gallery

Re: How much % h2o2 in my spray water? [Re: Hambo]
    #3852386 - 03/01/05 02:05 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

No No No, I'm not saying to use it misting cakes, I'm talking about misting grow chambers every now and then and for dunking sour CASINGS.

Edited by hotnutz (03/01/05 02:12 PM)

OfflineHotnuts
old hand
 User Gallery

#3852404 - 03/01/05 02:07 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I never said anything about cakes. There is no need to bleach dunk a perfectly colonized cake, nor mist it during fruiting.

Edited by hotnutz (03/01/05 02:12 PM)

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #3852448 - 03/01/05 02:17 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Spray water gets all over cakes and casings. That was the question of the post. The person will probably be spraying it all over their cakes and casings, since thats what most use the sprayer for. No one mentioned anything about killing contams, only killing spores that may land in the water in your sprayer so you dont spray live mold spores around your casing. It does kill spores of all kinds. Were not killing living mold cultures, were preventing them from starting in casings and sprayers.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
    #3852471 - 03/01/05 02:22 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Ow I missed that part. But I think that wouldnt be so much better then 1 to 10 H2O2.
I think H2o2 is no contam btw... :wink:

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #3852976 - 03/01/05 03:48 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

hotnutz said:
No No No, I'm not saying to use it misting cakes, I'm talking about misting grow chambers every now and then and for dunking sour CASINGS.

A 2% solution of bleach water will kill any and all nasties in chambers and in jars.Between each grow...IMO clean your chambers completely top to bottom inside and out, not misted with bleach. You opened a can worms you will never shut with that comment :smirk:
And whoever said use it to clean floors is mistaken or knows zip about floor coverings , you will destroy vinyl(takes time but will happen) ,  grout in tile floors,and god what it will do to a wood floor :rolleyes: doing this.
USE VINEGAR AND WATER TO CLEAN FLOORS WITH !It kills more bacteria than most realize.And it will make it shine like brand new.

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Invisibletripndicular

#3852990 - 03/01/05 03:51 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

hotnutz said:
I never said anything about cakes. There is no need to bleach dunk a perfectly colonized cake, nor mist it during fruiting.

HMMMMMM you are getting that foot in deeper by the second  :wink:
I always mist my casings when in the grow chamber ...only with sterile distilled water though :wink:

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflineHotnuts
old hand
 User Gallery

Re: How much % h2o2 in my spray water? [Re: tripndicular]
    #3853446 - 03/01/05 05:12 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. I definately know where the arguements are comming from. But before you try making me look like an idiot, you should do some more research into your allegations. No harm intended. For several years now it has been proven that starches oxidized with sodium hypocloride (bleach) are no more harmful to a human or a field mouse. If you go out and get a slice of pizza, or eat a cheese burger or hotdog, or even a bologna sandwhich with white bread. You are eating starches that have been oxidized with bleach. Almost all commercial practices of starch oxidizing use hypochlorite (once again BLEACH) Here's a link of a study done in Geneva several years ago with oxidized starches.

www.inchem.org/documents/jecfa/jecmono/v05je74.htm

Can of worms closed!

OfflineHotnuts
old hand
 User Gallery

#3853536 - 03/01/05 05:31 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

And let me clear something else up. Never mist a small rubermaid type of chamber with bleach water. The fumes will be toxic, although if you dunk with bleach it's fine. I have a greenhouse type of setup, which is fine for bleach misting. I use an ultrasonic for air exchange. Sorry if i mislead anyone. Good clean tap water or distilled water is all you need for misting in rubbermaid type tetarriums. Peace

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #3856480 - 03/02/05 09:27 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

You cleared it up a bit. I can see where you came from. Its just that someone asked a very general question asking what to put in their spray bottle to do exactly what you just said to never do. THAT was my problem. Like you said, toxic fumes. I dont know about the bleach being used with my food. Thats not cool. But still, if people get sick off food they buy (happens all the time), its not my issue. If they get sick off some mushrooms I gave them that had a little to much bleach on them, I wouldnt be feeling to good. I also wouldnt be feeling to good had I told someone to put a capful of bleach in their sprayer, and they did it with one like mine and misted there PMP and ended up sick from the fumes and high concentration.

>And whoever said use it to clean floors is mistaken or knows zip about floor coverings , you will destroy vinyl(takes time but will happen) , grout in tile floors,and god what it will do to a wood floor  doing this.

Yes. You are right. I dont know zip about floor coverings :smile: Thanks for the tips though! I only use it 200:1 on my vinyl floor in my kitchen twice a month and bathroom like once a week, plus my counters...Its an aparment anyway, F em :smile:

--------------------

OfflineHotnuts
old hand
 User Gallery

#3856544 - 03/02/05 09:50 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry about that. People use there spray bottles in different ways, applications, and God knows what else. I jumped the gun a bit now that i look back at the posts.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #3856556 - 03/02/05 09:54 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I never use H2O2 in my casing spray water. Just tap water (we have clean, chemical free tap water here).

Offlinerunner_down
Stranger
    #3856559 - 03/02/05 09:58 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I have read, and had success with no more than 7 to 10mL H2O2 per litre. Don't use on spores, just mycelium and fruiting bodies only.

Invisibletripndicular

#3857158 - 03/02/05 12:18 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I did not mean to sound like a stiff dick there sorry SCAT , and yeah if in apartment I somewhat agree F em  :cool: :wink:

And bottom line ........... bleach will never see any of my casings , bulk subs , air in grow chamber etc. It will only be used for laundry, toilets , and dirty jars and chambers that were exposed to nasties. I feel like I am in a bleach commercial.... "use it everday ... your neighbors do!" "its in your food" whats next "it does a body good"......LOL

PS oh yeah chlorine can go in my pool also  :wink:

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

Re: How much % h2o2 in my spray water? [Re: Anno]
    #3857169 - 03/02/05 12:22 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Anno said:
I never use H2O2 in my casing spray water. Just tap water (we have  clean, chemical free tap water here).

Hey mister..........
If it is not broken ...why the fuck would you fix it ? :wink:
Being noid and where tap water is bad , use distilled water , if super noid sterilize that distilled water .

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How much % h2o2 in my spray water? [Re: tripndicular]
    #3857235 - 03/02/05 12:36 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

tripndicular said:
I did not mean to sound like a stiff dick there sorry SCAT , and yeah if in apartment I somewhat agree F em  :cool: :wink:

You didnt :smile: We treat our apartment good. Maintaining cleanliness is good..no shoes in either is good to :smile: I won't keep using bleach, so what damage is done will remain so. The tile grout in the bathroom is broken  anyway (I had to glue a few tiles down with liquid nails :smile: ) and the vinyl or linoleum or whatever the hell it is in the kitchen is still purdy.

Well I think everyone should have people of info on how much of what to put where when theyre doing what with it :smile:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom