Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesam420
CertifiedReptilianOverlord
 User Gallery

Loc: Scotland
What is happening to the UK???
    #3851797 - 03/01/05 02:03 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Is it just me or does everybody else feel disheartened at the general attitude of people in the UK? Why is it that mushrooms are soon to be made illegal and the only ones that actually care either way are us, and we can't do jack shit about it? Why, whenever we turn on the TV, are we bombarded with transparent advertising and ignorant, mind-numbing bullshit about 'celebrities'? We are patronised every day in our own homes, and I feel as though if the Internet (more specifically, the Shroomery) didn't exist I would feel completely alone. Why are the people all around us so closed-minded to discussion about drugs, and movies that don't have a Hollywood storyline? Why do people just accept everything that they are told by the media? Why do supposedly unbiased news reports now have melancholy soundtracks to tell us we should be sad about an issue? Why can't people get drunk and not be aggressive? And what's with the music scene? Popular music is not good music, it's mostly manufactured garbage.

My flatmate informs me he would rather die than do LSD (seriously). He goes out and gets pissed until he's pretty much unconcious... WTF? How closed-minded can you get?

I don't know if I'm posting in the right forum, but I was wondering if anybody else has opinions on the mindset of 90% of this country and what, if anything, could be done about it. Do you think it will ever change? Has it always been like this?

--------------------
:duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead:

i'm a spy huntin rap dinosaur from the future

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: What is happening to the UK??? [Re: sam420]
    #3851828 - 03/01/05 02:09 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Mushrooms are soon to be made illegal this is true. Will it stop you taking them? I hope not!

Only turn the TV on to watch programs you think will be worth watching!

Some popular music is good, some music that comes from the underground is absolute rubbish...imho!

Maybe you need a new flatmate!

Dont worry Sam. I think things look alot more fucked up than they actually are because we are perceiving it from within the eye of the storm. All we can do is make sure our own personal part of the play is functioning correctly!

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Offlinesam420
 User Gallery

Re: What is happening to the UK??? [Re: GazzBut]
    #3852241 - 03/01/05 03:27 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I guess... It seems that not enough people take a outward perspective, and are very set in their ways about a lot of things.  I think everyone shouldn't just accept what is thrown at them and instead learn to question.  If everybody did that, things might be better.

Thanks for the reply btw, cheered me up!

Quote:

All we can do is make sure our own personal part of the play is functioning correctly!

Very well said! :smile:

--------------------
:duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead:

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
    #3852379 - 03/01/05 04:04 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Has anyone come up with any info on how legalizing mushrooms has affected the UK? They have been legal to purchase under a loophole, I know that. But for how long? Have people been arrested because they did crazy things, or have people been flipping out on Mushrooms causing public disturbances?

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

Offlinesam420
 User Gallery

Re: What is happening to the UK??? [Re: JesusChrist]
    #3855754 - 03/02/05 05:33 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

not that I'm aware of. But they are starting to get very popular in the big cities, and I'm pretty sure people take them all over the place. One of my friends ended up passing out in Glasgow in the middle of the day on a high dose. Don't think so much a disturbance, but probably they don't like people acting weird. (?)

I hope more questions will be raised and a discussion will take place, rather than just a quick loophole fix.

Rumour has it, it's only two months until they become illegal. I've not seen anything to back this up though.

--------------------

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Riding a bassline
    #3856242 - 03/02/05 10:18 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

All these anti terrorist laws they are trying to push through are outrageous too.

Our society has been under threat countless times and pretty much continually since its foundation by terrorists and other nations....

Suddenly now it is "really" under threat and to protect our liberty - our liberty must be reduced.

WTF???

Fucked up

Like Gaz says - things are kool for us in our ability to be ourselves still, even if we must hide.
However the fabric of the society is being warped.
Right to trial by jury has been the bedrock of our legal system and a thing to be cherished and proud of. Now what - they want to give the home secretary the divine right of kings and he can just choose who gets locked up at a whim.

This is the threat to our way of life, not the terrorists who have never even attacked us. It sounds more like the friggin old Commie KGB USSR.

Thankfully drum and bass is sounding better than ever.

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #3857228 - 03/02/05 02:35 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I agree dude.

The general attitude over here SUCKS. :what:

Cheesy music and idolisation is rife.  The heirarchy is as predominant as ever.

I don't think it will change, not until something BIG goes down...

I'm moving to Bulgaria dude!  I can live large, thanks to our exchange rate :laugh:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

General Interest >> Political Discussion