Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
SoulMates
    #3851596 - 03/01/05 11:11 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

The common belief in a soulmate is "your perfect mate". A person of the opposite sex that you search out to "complete" yourself.

I will offer a different version of "soulmate".

A "soulmate" is simply a person that you had a strong connection to in a previous life.

Have you ever met someone and instantly had a connection to them(male or female). The friendship came too easily. These are some of your "soulmates". I have met many people in my life whos friendship came very easy. I trusted them instantly. These are people who were either related to you in a previous life or were good friends with. That is why their is a strong connection with them in this life. Your "soul" is familiar with their "soul"...hence the term "soulmate"

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: SoulMates [Re: niteowl]
    #3851632 - 03/01/05 11:19 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I think a soul mate is much more complicated.

1)  First off, I am female...therefore my soulmate must be male to complete the male/female circle and balance out the whole. Just because someone is female in this life, does not mean that thier soul isn't male.

2) I may never actually come into contact with my soul mate on this earth plane.  They might just be keeping an eye on me, guiding me through from a different density.

3)  Although I may come into contact with my soul mate, I may not even like them.  What if before we were both born into this life, we decided that one of my life themes would be tolerance.  My soul mate agrees with me and decides to help me as much as he can.  He is born 25 years before me as a woman who will later be my taxing mother in law.  This woman will teach me the tolerance that I need to evolve.

4)  Just because you recognize someone from a past life does not mean that they are your soul mate.  YOu have one soul mate.... and you are not always born into life together.  Rarely does this happen given the expansiveness of the human perception of time.  To a soul, a billion years is the blink of an eye.  (I would be led to beleive)

:heart:

--------------------

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: SoulMates [Re: CherryBom]
    #3851687 - 03/01/05 11:36 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I have met many soulmates. I somehow feel so strongly connected to them, and we ALWAYS say the same things at the same times. Do you think another possible theory for how someone is your soulmate could be that, that person along with whoever else you may consider a soulmate, and have those particular connections with, operates on the same brain wave frequencies that you do, and one reason for saying things at the same time may be that your close enough to them to pick up some of those waves subconciously. Maybe your soulmate just operates on the same brain wave frequencies as you, and your automatically subconciously connected to them. This is a good thread.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#3851781 - 03/01/05 11:58 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I think you are making the soulmate out to be way to complicated. It is much simpler than that. We have many soulmates. Some we will recognize some we wont. Some are here to help us get thru life(easy friends) some are here to make life tuff (mortal enemies).

--------------------

OfflineMegaloMello
potatoe.

#3851881 - 03/01/05 12:19 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Wait a minute, I was with you until the part where you said some soulmates are here to make life tough. I don't get it. I thought the whole idea of a soulmate is that your souls are divinely connected. Same kind of energy and whatnot. It seems to me that anyone that you argue with constantly or just straight up don't get along with, could not be stuck in that category for there seems to be a LACK of connection. As if you come from 2wo different spectrums...no?

--------------------
ride...

OfflineWildRunner
Obey little,Resist much

Loc: Where the wild things are
Re: SoulMates [Re: MegaloMello]
    #3851975 - 03/01/05 12:37 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Are you guys saying that soul mates have to be of the opposite sex? Isnt that a little harsh? I know completeing the male/female thing, but going with that idea, isnt that just screwing out queers?

--------------------
If you dont know where you're going, any road will take you there.

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: SoulMates [Re: WildRunner]
    #3852015 - 03/01/05 12:43 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Can ones soul ever "mate"? A belief routed more or less in idealism, perhaps I'm disillusioned by my own experiences though  :tongue:

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #3852018 - 03/01/05 12:44 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

WildRunner said:
Are you guys saying that soul mates have to be of the opposite sex? Isnt that a little harsh? I know completeing the male/female thing, but going with that idea, isnt that just screwing out queers?

Politically correct soulmates  :laugh:

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
-Substance over Style.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#3852376 - 03/01/05 02:03 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MegaloMello said:
Wait a minute, I was with you until the part where you said some soulmates are here to make life tough. I don't get it.

CherryBomb had it pretty much dead on when she said...
Quote:

3) Although I may come into contact with my soul mate, I may not even like them. What if before we were both born into this life, we decided that one of my life themes would be tolerance. My soul mate agrees with me and decides to help me as much as he can. He is born 25 years before me as a woman who will later be my taxing mother in law. This woman will teach me the tolerance that I need to evolve.

She just dosent get that we have more than one soulmate.

--------------------

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

#3852382 - 03/01/05 02:04 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

WildRunner said:

I don't think a soul mate has to be a lover. A soul mate can be a sibling, or a granddaughter or a friend or an uncle...it could be anyone.

--------------------

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

#3852407 - 03/01/05 02:07 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:

I 'get' what you're implying. I just do not entirely agree with you. That is ok. We have different ideas...it's not a bad thing.

If a bhuddist disagrees with a christian about different aspects of thier religons, are either of them wrong?

--------------------

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #3852408 - 03/01/05 02:07 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Well, the primary connotation of a mate is a lover isn't? Although you can extend it further, but by doing so and having the context of multiple soul mates, devalues the function of a soul mate... such that you might as well call a soul mate anyone that agrees with you and you get along with, by doing so just call all your friends soul mates and incorporate it into the vernacular usage of friendship.

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Re: SoulMates [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #3852415 - 03/01/05 02:09 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Psychoactive1984 said:
Well, the primary connotation of a mate is a lover isn't? Although you can extend it further, but by doing so and having the context of multiple soul mates, devalues the function of a soul mate... such that you might as well call a soul mate anyone that agrees with you and you get along with, by doing so just call all your friends soul mates and incorporate it into the vernacular usage of friendship.

That is exactly why I think a soul mate is something much more rare and beautiful. Something a little more elusive then some chums from high school, you know?

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #3852436 - 03/01/05 02:14 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

To me, the whole "soulmate" idea is just about compatible personalities. Different people, through genetics and upbringing, develop different personalities. Some personalities are more compatible than others. Your "soulmate" is just someone whose personality is highly compatible with your own.

--------------------

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #3852438 - 03/01/05 02:15 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Agreed, unless some "chums" from highschool indeed are/were. Anyhow, the better direction to take this thread is where the hell are all of the soulmates at. Dunno, you all believe that it is something that you find, know, or realize?

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: SoulMates [Re: Silversoul]
    #3852445 - 03/01/05 02:16 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Paradigm said:
To me, the whole "soulmate" idea is just about compatible personalities.  Different people, through genetics and upbringing, develop different personalities.  Some personalities are more compatible than others.  Your "soulmate" is just someone whose personality is highly compatible with your own.

:laugh: Then why does everyone seem to put such an abstract definition to the word, usually it carries overtones of fate/destiny, or something to that degree.

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#3852451 - 03/01/05 02:18 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

WildRunner said:
Are you guys saying that soul mates have to be of the opposite sex?

No.

The common belief in a soulmate is a singular person of the opposite sex.

This is not necessarily true.

Soulmates are people (male or female) that you had a close relationship with in one of your past lives.

We all have more than one soulmate.

Another way of looking at is is to take away the term "soulmate" (brings up feelings of romance) and call it a "soulfriend". They could have been your mother/brother/father/sister/son/daughter or ANY close friend, from a prior life. These people appear in your life and their is an instant connection. They become instant friends. You trust them instinctively.

These people are your "soulmate". Not just your spouse.

--------------------

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#3852485 - 03/01/05 02:25 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

CherryBomb said:
Quote:

niteowl said:

I 'get' what you're implying.  I just do not entirely agree with you.  That is ok.  We have different ideas...it's not a bad thing.

If a bhuddist disagrees with a christian about different aspects of thier religons, are either of them wrong?

I am not trying to say that your wrong and Im right. :peace:

These are concepts(theories). Their is no way to prove or disprove them.

Im just tossing out some new ideas, a different way of looking at things. In order to believe in "my" theory of a "soulmate" you have to believe in reincarnation.

--------------------

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #3852486 - 03/01/05 02:25 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
Quote:

WildRunner said:
Are you guys saying that soul mates have to be of the opposite sex?

No.

The common belief in a soulmate is a singular person of the opposite sex.

This is not necessarily true.

Soulmates are people (male or female) that you had a close relationship with in one of your past lives.

We all have more than one soulmate.

Another way of looking at is is to take away the term "soulmate" (brings up feelings of romance) and call it a "soulfriend". They could have been your mother/brother/father/sister/son/daughter or ANY close friend, from a prior life. These people appear in your life and their is an instant connection. They become instant friends. You trust them instinctively.

These people are your "soulmate". Not just your spouse.

Well, now the question persists is do you know of any clairavoyants that can point me in the right direction then? Really, I love all this stuff that can't be proven, nor disproven, couldn't it just be simply put that you get along with the person instead of overcomplicating it to the extent that you knew them in the past life? Might as well apply a plot and setting to it as well: you and them used to always drink coffee and somehow you remember them so you have an innate "desire" to go drink coffee with them.

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

OfflineMegaloMello
potatoe.

#3852521 - 03/01/05 02:30 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Right on niteowl. That's why I don't get how some people are claiming that their bitch of a mother-in-law or asshole boss may be a soulmate. Soulmates aren't about TESTING your soul. It's CONNECTION. :stoned:

--------------------
ride...

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #3852594 - 03/01/05 02:41 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

True religion is not about doctrine. Doctrines are intellectualizations of someone's Experience which is Bodhicitta - Heart-Mind. I tend to believe that a Buddhist mystic and a Christian mystic are closer to one another's Experience, and closer to Truth than say a Christian mystic and a Christian fundamentalist are to each other. "Right" therefore means closer to Truth and "wrong" means further from Truth.

Hey, which is 'greater' - the infinitely large or the infinitely small? In the face of Infinity, the qualifiers 'large' and 'small' become meaningless.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#3852604 - 03/01/05 02:42 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MegaloMello said:
Right on niteowl. That's why I don't get how some people are claiming that their bitch of a mother-in-law or asshole boss may be a soulmate. Soulmates aren't about TESTING your soul. It's CONNECTION. :stoned:

I can see where a soulmate could be testing you also. Like CherryBomb said, they could be helping you to understand tolerence.

--------------------

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: SoulMates [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3852626 - 03/01/05 02:46 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
True religion is not about doctrine. Doctrines are intellectualizations of someone's Experience which is Bodhicitta - Heart-Mind. I tend to believe that a Buddhist mystic and a Christian mystic are closer to one another's Experience, and closer to Truth than say a Christian mystic and a Christian fundamentalist are to each other. "Right" therefore means closer to Truth and "wrong" means further from Truth.

Hey, which is 'greater' - the infinitely large or the infinitely small? In the face of Infinity, the qualifiers 'large' and 'small' become meaningless.

True religions... is what causes war. To suggest, and believe that their is a single true religion, or to assert any truth to a religion is to imply absolution (where mankind knows no absolution with the exception that he knows nothing absolutely). Quite simply, the truth is that their is no truth but a subjective one, why we're all being forum whores and talking about our truths  :laugh:.

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

OfflineCyber
Ash
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dearborn Michigan
    #3854298 - 03/01/05 08:34 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
The common belief in a soulmate is "your perfect mate". A person of the opposite sex that you search out to "complete" yourself.

I will offer a different version of "soulmate".

A "soulmate" is simply a person that you had a strong connection to in a previous life.

Have you ever met someone and instantly had a connection to them(male or female). The friendship came too easily. These are some of your "soulmates". I have met many people in my life whos friendship came very easy. I trusted them instantly. These are people who were either related to you in a previous life or were good friends with. That is why their is a strong connection with them in this life. Your "soul" is familiar with their "soul"...hence the term "soulmate"

Hmmm Interesting!
NOTE: The following is my belief. Take it as you will this is what I belief.

Where to start? Some times souls follow one another. There are 4 important people in my life and I believe I understand why.
The first is my GF, She is my soulmate. The part that completes me. How do I know she is my soulmate? It is just right, the energy is just perfect and we both just knew it when we met. I also believe that we were not supposed to meet in this life time and that she called me. You would have to understand more than I can explain here to put that into context.

The second is my wife. Although not soul mates I believe that our souls are connected in many ways. She has been with me before and relished the opportunity to return with me this time.

The third is my best friend, I know that he was with me in several past lives. I am also sure that it was a right hand position. A general to my emperor type thing. He has been at my side for years in this life time and is one of the few people who I would trust with my life!

The forth is my child, I know we have had several lifetimes together and will leave it at that.

I feel it would be more appropriate to term them as SoulFriends instead of SoulMates. There to help you, learn from you, or to fulfill an obligation from a past life.

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Re: SoulMates [Re: Cyber]
    #3854349 - 03/01/05 08:47 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I think perhaps it would be safe to conclude that although we may have many SoulFriends, we have one SoulMate?

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: SoulMates [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #3854480 - 03/01/05 09:20 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

You may speak for yourself. I do quite well expressing my meaning. You are not representing the meaning of my words.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#3854486 - 03/01/05 09:22 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

CherryBomb said:
I think perhaps it would be safe to conclude that although we may have many SoulFriends, we have one SoulMate?

They are all the same. You just happen to be "romantically" involved with one of them(SoulMate) in this life.

In your next life you may, or may not be, "romantically" involved with this same "soul".

We are all imperfect "souls" trying to improve/help each other. In each incarnation, we choose the "roles" we will play in this life.

--------------------

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3854622 - 03/01/05 09:51 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I will add my two cents here since there seems to be some interest. It's my understanding that there is what called twin flames and they are split into 12 individual souls from one over soul. These other twins are like another version of you in soul Essenes.

We meet up with them as lovers , friends or family for no other reason then to be of affirmative support.

The near perfect mate would fall into this category and there can be up to twelve other yous. A twin flame is someone you will never have any serious discord with and differences are slight, few and mended easily. These meetings are exciting because finding another you in Essenes is very self affirming and power in its like resonance. This can also be a best friend, sibling or even parent in one life and something else in another.

Those twelve individuals at some point can each split into another twelve and then their are 144 yous and so on. The intensity of familiarity will depend upon if another is one of the twelve you came from the same oversoul split from or you may be more like distant relatives if you are of a different generation or once or twice removed etc.

Then there are the soul mates which you may plan lives with as lovers friends, co workers or family. Sometimes, one comes in to just lend support to anothers agenda, sometimes, its just to play for fun and sometimes its to be a challenge for growth to occur. These are souls you have become acquainted with through your journeys and have formed bonds with beyond this life.

There are also soul groups where groups of souls who have formed a communal bond travel through life times together playing different roles and often show up in social groups, schools, clubs, families or work places.

You may even run into one who just happens to be here at the same time, but you had no prior plans with. Those are cassual passings that had the "ring" to them.

Through intuition our higher selves guide us to keep with the plan as best it can.

There is no denying that feeling you get from some people, you "know" them without knowing them. Sometimes, it's felt as a faint familiarity, sometimes, it's a rush! Some times, it feels like being hit by a mac truck and time freezes for a moment. Sometimes, you just start up where you left off as kindred spirits.

I just wanted to share all of this to open considerations beyond a belief that there is just ONE other for all of eternity. There may be thousands of mates here with you at this time and a handful of twin flames and maybe none of either.

If you read Robert Monroes books on his journeys, some souls wander over in from another dimension and far off place just as observers to earth and human life and decide to jump in knowing no one. They come out of a life having formed bonds with many they may continue on into some future incarnations with.

I think its difficult for people to realize what may have been a spouse in one life can be your parent or sibling in this life. I know that takes away the Romanticism, but that's a human concept and so is incest related to physical bodies that are blood related.

Souls are sexless in essense and can adopt a male, female or androgynous form in the discarnate and be male in several incarnate life's and female in others. Love is universal on the other side, only here does it become romanticized or familiarized (by family and friendly relationships) or sexualised and can always be universalised via common respect as in "namaste".

Oh well, write all this off as BS or consider it as a general possibility of how it goes. The current understanding works for me:tongue: :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: SoulMates [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3854825 - 03/01/05 10:30 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
There is no denying that feeling you get from some people, you "know" them without knowing them. Sometimes, it's felt as a faint familiarity, sometimes, it's a rush! Some times, it feels like being hit by a mac truck and time freezes for a moment. Sometimes, you just start up where you left off as kindred spirits..............

I think its difficult for people to realize what may have been a spouse in one life can be your parent or sibling in this life...........

Souls are sexless in essense and can adopt a male, female or androgynous form in the discarnate and be male in several incarnate life's and female in others. Love is universal on the other side, only here does it become romanticized or familiarized..........

That is exactly what I was trying to say.

:bow:

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #3854925 - 03/01/05 10:59 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

CherryBomb said:

I don't think there's any difference, and I don't see any reason to limit ourselves to one. I still think of my ex-girlfriend as my soulmate. We're not together anymore, and will probably never again be anything more than friends, but the whole time I've known her, she's helped me grow and become a better person, and she's said the same about me. I always felt she was the only person who truly understood me. I imagine one day I'll find another soulmate whom I'll end up marrying, but this will not in any way discount the impact my ex had on my life.

--------------------

OfflineWildRunner
Obey little,Resist much

Loc: Where the wild things are
Re: SoulMates [Re: Silversoul]
    #3856926 - 03/02/05 11:20 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

It seems that everyone has their own definition of soulmate, just as everyone has their own definition of spirituality, or love. Whats important is that everyone recognizes that they do/dont exist, and are able to deal with them accordingly, set by their own beliefs.

--------------------
If you dont know where you're going, any road will take you there.

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #3856960 - 03/02/05 11:26 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

WildRunner said:
It seems that everyone has their own definition of soulmate, just as everyone has their own definition of spirituality, or love. Whats important is that everyone recognizes that they do/dont exist, and are able to deal with them accordingly, set by their own beliefs.

:thumbup:

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom