Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
SoulMates
    #3851596 - 03/01/05 01:11 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

The common belief in a soulmate is "your perfect mate". A person of the opposite sex that you search out to "complete" yourself.

I will offer a different version of "soulmate".

A "soulmate" is simply a person that you had a strong connection to in a previous life.

Have you ever met someone and instantly had a connection to them(male or female). The friendship came too easily. These are some of your "soulmates". I have met many people in my life whos friendship came very easy. I trusted them instantly. These are people who were either related to you in a previous life or were good friends with. That is why their is a strong connection with them in this life. Your "soul" is familiar with their "soul"...hence the term "soulmate"

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: SoulMates [Re: niteowl]
    #3851632 - 03/01/05 01:19 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I think a soul mate is much more complicated.

1)  First off, I am female...therefore my soulmate must be male to complete the male/female circle and balance out the whole. Just because someone is female in this life, does not mean that thier soul isn't male.

2) I may never actually come into contact with my soul mate on this earth plane.  They might just be keeping an eye on me, guiding me through from a different density.

3)  Although I may come into contact with my soul mate, I may not even like them.  What if before we were both born into this life, we decided that one of my life themes would be tolerance.  My soul mate agrees with me and decides to help me as much as he can.  He is born 25 years before me as a woman who will later be my taxing mother in law.  This woman will teach me the tolerance that I need to evolve.

4)  Just because you recognize someone from a past life does not mean that they are your soul mate.  YOu have one soul mate.... and you are not always born into life together.  Rarely does this happen given the expansiveness of the human perception of time.  To a soul, a billion years is the blink of an eye.  (I would be led to beleive)

:heart:

--------------------

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: SoulMates [Re: CherryBom]
    #3851687 - 03/01/05 01:36 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I have met many soulmates. I somehow feel so strongly connected to them, and we ALWAYS say the same things at the same times. Do you think another possible theory for how someone is your soulmate could be that, that person along with whoever else you may consider a soulmate, and have those particular connections with, operates on the same brain wave frequencies that you do, and one reason for saying things at the same time may be that your close enough to them to pick up some of those waves subconciously. Maybe your soulmate just operates on the same brain wave frequencies as you, and your automatically subconciously connected to them. This is a good thread.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#3851781 - 03/01/05 01:58 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I think you are making the soulmate out to be way to complicated. It is much simpler than that. We have many soulmates. Some we will recognize some we wont. Some are here to help us get thru life(easy friends) some are here to make life tuff (mortal enemies).

--------------------

OfflineMegaloMello
potatoe.

#3851881 - 03/01/05 02:19 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Wait a minute, I was with you until the part where you said some soulmates are here to make life tough. I don't get it. I thought the whole idea of a soulmate is that your souls are divinely connected. Same kind of energy and whatnot. It seems to me that anyone that you argue with constantly or just straight up don't get along with, could not be stuck in that category for there seems to be a LACK of connection. As if you come from 2wo different spectrums...no?

--------------------
ride...

OfflineWildRunner
Obey little,Resist much

Loc: Where the wild things are
Re: SoulMates [Re: MegaloMello]
    #3851975 - 03/01/05 02:37 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Are you guys saying that soul mates have to be of the opposite sex? Isnt that a little harsh? I know completeing the male/female thing, but going with that idea, isnt that just screwing out queers?

--------------------
If you dont know where you're going, any road will take you there.

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: SoulMates [Re: WildRunner]
    #3852015 - 03/01/05 02:43 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Can ones soul ever "mate"? A belief routed more or less in idealism, perhaps I'm disillusioned by my own experiences though  :tongue:

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #3852018 - 03/01/05 02:44 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

WildRunner said:
Are you guys saying that soul mates have to be of the opposite sex? Isnt that a little harsh? I know completeing the male/female thing, but going with that idea, isnt that just screwing out queers?

Politically correct soulmates  :laugh:

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
-Substance over Style.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: SoulMates [Re: MegaloMello]
    #3852376 - 03/01/05 04:03 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

MegaloMello said:
Wait a minute, I was with you until the part where you said some soulmates are here to make life tough. I don't get it.

CherryBomb had it pretty much dead on when she said...
Quote:

3) Although I may come into contact with my soul mate, I may not even like them. What if before we were both born into this life, we decided that one of my life themes would be tolerance. My soul mate agrees with me and decides to help me as much as he can. He is born 25 years before me as a woman who will later be my taxing mother in law. This woman will teach me the tolerance that I need to evolve.

She just dosent get that we have more than one soulmate.

--------------------

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

#3852382 - 03/01/05 04:04 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

WildRunner said:

I don't think a soul mate has to be a lover. A soul mate can be a sibling, or a granddaughter or a friend or an uncle...it could be anyone.

--------------------

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

#3852407 - 03/01/05 04:07 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:

I 'get' what you're implying. I just do not entirely agree with you. That is ok. We have different ideas...it's not a bad thing.

If a bhuddist disagrees with a christian about different aspects of thier religons, are either of them wrong?

--------------------

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #3852408 - 03/01/05 04:07 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Well, the primary connotation of a mate is a lover isn't? Although you can extend it further, but by doing so and having the context of multiple soul mates, devalues the function of a soul mate... such that you might as well call a soul mate anyone that agrees with you and you get along with, by doing so just call all your friends soul mates and incorporate it into the vernacular usage of friendship.

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Re: SoulMates [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #3852415 - 03/01/05 04:09 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Psychoactive1984 said:
Well, the primary connotation of a mate is a lover isn't? Although you can extend it further, but by doing so and having the context of multiple soul mates, devalues the function of a soul mate... such that you might as well call a soul mate anyone that agrees with you and you get along with, by doing so just call all your friends soul mates and incorporate it into the vernacular usage of friendship.

That is exactly why I think a soul mate is something much more rare and beautiful. Something a little more elusive then some chums from high school, you know?

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #3852436 - 03/01/05 04:14 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

To me, the whole "soulmate" idea is just about compatible personalities. Different people, through genetics and upbringing, develop different personalities. Some personalities are more compatible than others. Your "soulmate" is just someone whose personality is highly compatible with your own.

--------------------

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #3852438 - 03/01/05 04:15 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Agreed, unless some "chums" from highschool indeed are/were. Anyhow, the better direction to take this thread is where the hell are all of the soulmates at. Dunno, you all believe that it is something that you find, know, or realize?

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: SoulMates [Re: Silversoul]
    #3852445 - 03/01/05 04:16 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Paradigm said:
To me, the whole "soulmate" idea is just about compatible personalities.  Different people, through genetics and upbringing, develop different personalities.  Some personalities are more compatible than others.  Your "soulmate" is just someone whose personality is highly compatible with your own.

:laugh: Then why does everyone seem to put such an abstract definition to the word, usually it carries overtones of fate/destiny, or something to that degree.

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#3852451 - 03/01/05 04:18 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

WildRunner said:
Are you guys saying that soul mates have to be of the opposite sex?

No.

The common belief in a soulmate is a singular person of the opposite sex.

This is not necessarily true.

Soulmates are people (male or female) that you had a close relationship with in one of your past lives.

We all have more than one soulmate.

Another way of looking at is is to take away the term "soulmate" (brings up feelings of romance) and call it a "soulfriend". They could have been your mother/brother/father/sister/son/daughter or ANY close friend, from a prior life. These people appear in your life and their is an instant connection. They become instant friends. You trust them instinctively.

These people are your "soulmate". Not just your spouse.

--------------------

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#3852485 - 03/01/05 04:25 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

CherryBomb said:
Quote:

niteowl said:

I 'get' what you're implying.  I just do not entirely agree with you.  That is ok.  We have different ideas...it's not a bad thing.

If a bhuddist disagrees with a christian about different aspects of thier religons, are either of them wrong?

I am not trying to say that your wrong and Im right. :peace:

These are concepts(theories). Their is no way to prove or disprove them.

Im just tossing out some new ideas, a different way of looking at things. In order to believe in "my" theory of a "soulmate" you have to believe in reincarnation.

--------------------

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #3852486 - 03/01/05 04:25 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
Quote:

WildRunner said:
Are you guys saying that soul mates have to be of the opposite sex?

No.

The common belief in a soulmate is a singular person of the opposite sex.

This is not necessarily true.

Soulmates are people (male or female) that you had a close relationship with in one of your past lives.

We all have more than one soulmate.

Another way of looking at is is to take away the term "soulmate" (brings up feelings of romance) and call it a "soulfriend". They could have been your mother/brother/father/sister/son/daughter or ANY close friend, from a prior life. These people appear in your life and their is an instant connection. They become instant friends. You trust them instinctively.

These people are your "soulmate". Not just your spouse.

Well, now the question persists is do you know of any clairavoyants that can point me in the right direction then? Really, I love all this stuff that can't be proven, nor disproven, couldn't it just be simply put that you get along with the person instead of overcomplicating it to the extent that you knew them in the past life? Might as well apply a plot and setting to it as well: you and them used to always drink coffee and somehow you remember them so you have an innate "desire" to go drink coffee with them.

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

OfflineMegaloMello
potatoe.

#3852521 - 03/01/05 04:30 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Right on niteowl. That's why I don't get how some people are claiming that their bitch of a mother-in-law or asshole boss may be a soulmate. Soulmates aren't about TESTING your soul. It's CONNECTION. :stoned:

--------------------
ride...

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology