Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Pink Floyd

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Loc: the sky
Luna's (the band) Final Show
    #3851054 - 03/01/05 10:18 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

When a band plays their final show, don't you think that's just weird? At least, when you're there? THey play a rocking show, really wow the crowd, the energy builds to a point, and you know this song is the final song and then it's over. They leave the stage, and you saw it, and it's over, but what on earth does that even mean?

Anywho, last night I saw Luna's final show ever, at the Bowery Ballroom here in NYC, and it was lovely. The crowd was in great spirits and there was hooting, hollering, applause, cries of "Thank you!" and "We love you!" while the band drank champagne on stage and played some of their most beautiful songs like 23 Minutes in Brussels and Moon Palace. This was my fourth or fifth time seeing Luna live and I've never seen them tighter. There were moments where you could feel them metaphysically just reaching and surfing along the exact same plane, and it was those moments that made you think geez...what a damn shame.
Anyone else here like Luna? Or see a really memorable final show?

Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Re: Luna's (the band) Final Show [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #3851465 - 03/01/05 12:43 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, this brings to mind right away "No More Tours Tour" I saw him 3 times after that,lol.
Pink Floyd, too. "Only 3 North American stops" I saw them once after that, and missed many more.
Maybe they'll be back :wink:
Nobody's dead.
Knebworth '79 was the tightest I ever saw Zeppelin, I was getting ready to make this my first concert, John Bonham never played again :frown:

"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Pink Floyd

Community >> The Pub