Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Guiding a Trip?
    #3848280 - 02/28/05 05:56 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Has anyone ever heard of or seen any DVDs or programs that guide you through a psychedelic experience, or through various bardos, as suggested by the Tibetan Book of the Dead?

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3847951/an/0/page/0

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
Re: Guiding a Trip? [Re: dblaney]
    #3848415 - 02/28/05 06:26 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

You could maybe make a recording of someone reading the bardos and then play it back during the trip. Could also add some ambient sounds in the background. Just a thought :smile:

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

Edited by RyanKerr (02/28/05 06:27 PM)

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Guiding a Trip? [Re: Kerr]
    #3848900 - 02/28/05 07:55 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Shpongle. They guide the trip nicely.
Sorry for no real info, there are some things like you speak but most are half assed. Very few people understand the psychedelic experience, so it is even tougher to guide one through it. The best things I can think of are movies and music. Try The Holy Mountain or Akira. Any attempt to guide a session, IMO, is futile. You just must let it all flow, the way it truly is.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Re: Guiding a Trip? [Re: mecreateme]
    #3849019 - 02/28/05 08:33 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

mecreateme said:
You just must let it all flow

That's what confuses me. The TBOD says to just flow downstream. Oh well, perhaps there is a recording somewhere of someone reading the instructions for each bardo. Or hell, maybe someday I'll just get off my lazy ass and make my own recording  :cool:

--------------------

- John Mayer

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

#3849226 - 02/28/05 09:19 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

That is what is suggested in the book. Or have a friend read it to you.

What confuses you? It means no intervention, no nothing.
Just lay down and merge with it all. Sleep in the ground.
It is hard, I would know, it takes a lot of practice.
Your mind will constantly try to avoid what you are doing, but you must just lay and take it. Things like changing the CD and getting yourself some water impede on the experience. Anything you do that is not laying there floating downstream takes away from it.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Re: Guiding a Trip? [Re: mecreateme]
    #3850887 - 03/01/05 06:24 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Definitely, what confuses me though is the seeming contradiction. On the one hand the TBOD says to float downstream and let everything be. On the other hand, it says you should guide your experience and things like that. Ah well.

--------------------

- John Mayer

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #3851018 - 03/01/05 07:56 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

dblaney18 said:

That's what confuses me. The TBOD says to just flow downstream. Oh well, perhaps there is a recording somewhere of someone reading the instructions for each bardo.

Well, even Leary's adaptation in the Psychedelic Experience don't claim to be instructions for each bardo, so much as instructions for keeping someone on track...there are no instructions for the track so much as there are instructions for helping someone get past the rough spots and attain the Clear Light..once you're on the right track, instructions are sort of a moot point.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Re: Guiding a Trip? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #3851682 - 03/01/05 11:34 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

That is what is so funny.
Once you have attained it, you understand that none of it matters.
So fucking funny. People ask for help but it is hard up on the cloud to give directions to where you already are. So fucking funny.

--------------------

Offlinetomas
half scientist,half monkey

#3851882 - 03/01/05 12:19 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

There is a video by Timothy Leary: "How To Operate Your Brain". It's available from P2P networks (I think I downloaded it with eMule). http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0436406/

Offlinelonebuddha
whats it allabout?
    #3852517 - 03/01/05 02:30 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Their are a good numbers of DVD that can guide a trip but to me its like walking on the same trail through the same woods every time you watch it. They are very good if you are have a bad trip and need some guidance to bring you out of it that is if you can operate your dvd.

There's AV3X the innerscape adventure a guided meditation DVD. The visuals are very 3d while on salvia.

You probably won't find it but there's a Turn on Tune in and Drop DVD I purchased off of ebay but here the website if you want to purchase it. http://return.to/The_Occult
They also have How to operate your brain as well as a ton of controversial DVDs. I think they are burnt copies they sale but I'm not sure.
At this website, http://www.tripzine.com/wares.asp?dept=6 there are three that I never tried and probably won't. These are probably more psychedelic animation then a guide though but I don't know.

Last there is this I was interested in but never purchased. http://www.syncrosect.com/

Happy journeys.

Offlinelonebuddha
whats it allabout?
Re: Guiding a Trip? [Re: lonebuddha]
    #3852648 - 03/01/05 02:50 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

That's funny on the back of my av3x DVD box it say, "AV3X is the ULTIMATE in Digital Meditation Technology (DMT)," It literary says that.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder