Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
what would happen to someone who ate shrooms that had been contaminated? will shrooms even grow if the substrate becomes contaminated? just wondering? thought it would be cool if you could just seperate contaminated cakes and continue to let them grow but if it would make you sick or cause death to ingest them it could suck.
Ive read a lot about this. Basically, if you chuck contam. cakes out in the garden and they fruit, then that suggests that they have successfully overrun the competing molds/contams. and are okay to eat.
Apparently in a sealed environment (jar) mycelia may recover but rely on nutrients from a contaminated area of cake, apparently absorbing any toxins that may be present in the contam.
To answer the Q, ive fruited a number of contam. cakes, but generally the fruits are of poor standard. Eat at your own risk
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: RogerRabbit, cronicr, Tmethyl, Pastywhyte 793 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]