Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Woo Hoo...Bob's first case of Pan. Cyans. is pinning. Need info from successful growers! [Re: VALIS]
    #3856581 - 03/02/05 12:06 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I actually didnt try and picture your setup. I dont know much about Pans. I was just saying that the original 30% figure mentioned and removing it from the chamber didnt sound right, because according to what I've seen, Pans require just about the same as cubes....but more air...

As for the drop, myself...I think its best to have 95% and then the day your ready, drop it to 85%. This can be done as simply as putting a hole in the side of your terrerium that you unplug. I like to drop it when the casing layer looks PERFECTLY ready to pin. I also stop misting at this point unless the casing starts looking way to dried out..if it does happen, it usually doesnt untill the mushies are already growing.

I do believe that if you were to do it right, your correct, the 99% humidity along with the dry fan providing fresh air...if calibrated correctly to maintain a steady 85% and lots of fresh air, would work well. I still think instead of a fan, a cool mist is better. Even just a wick one. Its a fan too, but if you have dry air, its a fan that blows through a wet sponge. Not much moisture will come of it, but still fresh air and not a huge drop in humidity. It can be difficult to maintain 85% with a dry fan on if you are in a very dry climate. That means you'll either have a fan on constantly drying things out or it will kick on often causeing fluctuations. Not to say it cant be setup, just will require some care and not living in a dry place.

High temps definatly speed things up. Honestly though...I think they get bigger growing slower in the cool temps. Same with the dark..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineymhrswrider
Butthead

Re: Woo Hoo...Bob's first case of Pan. Cyans. is pinning. Need info from successful growers! [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3858679 - 03/02/05 07:40 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Well things are looking good I guess. I've got a handful of really skinny 1/4-1 inch mushies working their way up. Right now they are super small, but the cap hasn't really even formed yet so I'm guessing they'll be plumping up. I'll post pics of them in a bit.

--------------------
Flashbacks are God's way of saying, "This one's on me".

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation