Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Pink Floyd, Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Tibetan Book of the Dead: Leading Through Visions
    #3847951 - 02/28/05 07:07 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

A third use would be to construct a "program" for a session using passages from the text. The aim would be to lead the voyager to one of the visions deliberately, or through a sequence of visions. The guide or friend could read the relevant passages, show slides or pictures or symbolic figures of processes, play carefully selected music, etc. One can envision a high art of programming psychedelic sessions, in which symbolic manipulations and presentations would lead the voyager through ecstatic visionary Bead Games.

http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/psychedelic_experience/psychedelic_experience.shtml

Hey all, does anyone here know of any such creations? I was originally thinking some Pink Floyd DVD's, but now I'm not sure.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJon
Re: Tibetan Book of the Dead: Leading Through Visions [Re: dblaney]
    #3848843 - 02/28/05 09:41 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

There really isnt a concrete answer to this question, you just gotta know what you like with you 3-D glasses on. I think this refers more to planting obstacles in your subconcial expectations before taking a hallucinogen. For example, you repeat a certain word in your mind and concentrate on the definition, as a psychadelic substance kicks in, the perspective of this word will change the definition, or the perspective of the words definition. Usually during a psychadelic experience, for me, my mind tends to dig through its archive of information (memories, gestures, abilities, etc) and put it in front of your mind, recent or a historical element. During shroom trips for me, i would put a mixture of doubt, excitement, happiness and fear in my expectations. These expectations usually manifest into negativity, and I wonder why. Planning a psychadelic trip is not like planning a vacation, its actually harder, merely impossible. My guess is we have to find ways to interact the outside world with our inner subconcious when we trip. For example, before I ever even consumed a psychadelic substance before, I used to go to this website full of psychadelic flash arts by Larry Carlson (www.larrycarlson.com) He is quite the talented artist (IMO does too much acid :lol:) and I used to admire his work thinking, "gee this shit would scare the shit out of me during a shroom trip." So one time I actually tried watching those crazy animations during a trip and found myself oddly amused and comfortable, with an overwhelming feeling of disconnection that wasnt uncomfortable. The mind is pretty crazy. I think a good way to plan a trip is to take some salvia in a room or somthin ur going to stay in while you trip. Salvia ,for some reason, gives me a psychoactive ability to tell what I like or dislike. I remember the first time I tried salvia I said "I do not like this room" but really i love my room because its my room. Then I tried shrooms and had a bad trip every single time I was in my room. The mind is seriously crazy, but really voyaging a trip is just planning this with 3-D glasses on. I like to look at hallucinogens to be an experience of the opposite of yourself.

PS. There is a possibility that what I just said made absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Tibetan Book of the Dead: Leading Through Visions [Re: Jon]
    #3848962 - 02/28/05 10:17 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

the essence of art and nature seems to
be relationships with connectivity and progressions -
that might be worth contriving.
very little else is worth contriving.
directing the tripper to the connection of his body to a supporting surface, and how colors naturally connect and repeat in a visual field through natural progressions can be soothing and inspiring.

the book of the dead to someone not immersed in tantra will be alien and to someone who is it will be too serious.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Pink Floyd, Salvia

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media