Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineoptikal_trip
enthusiast

Loc: Toronto
Terrarium Help
    #384704 - 09/03/01 03:01 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Ok I'm gonna explain the setup for a terrarium and I just need some suggestions on what would make it better and if it will work. I'm gonna take a tubberware container and cut a huge hole in the lid and put saran wrap in place. I'm gonna cut out a hole on the side near the middle of the container and place a coffee filter there to give good air circulation but not let out too much humidity. Now I have a couple questions..
1. I am thinking about using the shroom wizards tek for putting the cakes into little trays and placing them into the terrarium. Would this work?
2. How often should I fan them?
3. How much light should i give them and what watt light bulb should i use?

Paranoid with a gat
Think you know where its at
But you're lookin' like a sissie
Guns are for pussies
- - 311 - -

--------------------
They chopped her goddam head off right there in the parking lot. Then they cut all kinds of holes in her head and sucked the blood out. I think they were after the pineal gland.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBigwelby
journeyman
Loc: Canada
Re: Terrarium Help [Re: optikal_trip]
    #384714 - 09/03/01 03:10 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

a) using a coffee filter = bad plan -- if you're gonna have an air vent like that use a hepa filter than can actuall stop contams from gettin in your container

b) casing = good :smile:

c) fan at least 2-3 times a day in my opinion

d) far as light goes i will be using a normal flourescent which should be fine, but i believe there are some kinds of bulbs that are 'optimal'...not so sure which kinds though

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
Re: Terrarium Help [Re: optikal_trip]
    #384940 - 09/03/01 07:52 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I wouldn't recommend the hole with the coffee filter over it. It will most likely cause more problems then it helps. Just fan a couple of times a day.

As for the light any light that best reproduces the blue spectrum of white light is a good light to use. I still am an avid promoter of natural sunlight though.

Dr Bluethumb

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom