Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineRJLR
No greater love
 User Gallery

Loc: France, keepin' tabs with...
Should you take your kids out of school if...??
    #3846308 - 02/28/05 01:22 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Hi.
This was a question ask to me by my neighbor, who has a little girl who is very hyperactive and basicly always putting her foot in it, spitting in peoples face for a laugh, and causing havoc in her school... But she is very intelligent for a 8 year old. My neighbor asked me because I was very much like this when I was kid and my parents took me out of school when I was 12 years old. I was at the stage of stealing and getting my friends in trouble.
I didn't know what to say... may be you can help... this is how I feel and the facts ...
I did not continue with school work of any kind until I realized and the age of about 16 that I didn't know any thing and could hardly even read, I started working and became an  apprentice to artists friends.
I do feel that I missed out, and that my mind dose not work like people who have been through the system. Although I have had many more experiences then the average person... and some of those I would not wish on any one, but they taught me a lot.
Taking a child out of the normal system also means that it's very hard to get a good job, you have to prove your self all the time. If you don't have a degree then you might not be able to do what you want later.
But I do think that if you don't have experience in life and other wise then you not likely to know very much either.
I am now going back in to a system to get a degree to be a teacher of the arts so that I can teach kids who have the same problems I had...
But as for this little girl, I don't know what to say, I'm going back to talk to the mother tomorrow.
What do you think?
:confused:

--------------------
Gotta to spread the word about:
http://www.johnnyganjaseed.com/johnny.htm

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Should you take your kids out of school if...?? [Re: RJLR]
    #3846362 - 02/28/05 01:38 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

home school.

sometimes these kids are just too smart for their own good,
not challenged in class and wind up acting out.

alternatively, cut out the fucking capri sun and pount of sugar
and get her on a sugar free/low diet.

3rd option, drug her up.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Offlinei_rage_against
Mwaa ha ha
Female User Gallery

Loc: a shithole in the northwe...
    #3846424 - 02/28/05 01:52 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Sounds likes she's not challenged enought, the mother should speak with the teacher and see what they can do about challenging her more, or maybe bump her up a grade. Private school is another great option (this is what I did) somewhat expensive, but still gives the child the important peer interaction that a child needs, as opposed to home schooling. Also maybe this mother needs to discipline her daughter better, I dont' mean physically of course, but sometimes parents will let their child get away with anything. I'm not saying your friend is like this, I'm just proposing some ideas.

--------------------
whoever told you that is your enemy.

OfflineRJLR
No greater love
 User Gallery

Re: Should you take your kids out of school if...?? [Re: afoaf]
    #3846446 - 02/28/05 01:57 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

afoaf said:
home school.

sometimes these kids are just too smart for their own good,
not challenged in class and wind up acting out.

alternatively, cut out the fucking capri sun and pount of sugar
and get her on a sugar free/low diet.

3rd option, drug her up.

Yer man I thought about telling her that may be the kid had no tolerance to sugar... I bet thats a factor.
As for home schooling, I never had my parents down my back to do any home schooling so I spent most of my childhood playing pool in the cafe, did you or some one you know get a good home education?
The mother was actually talking about giving some drug or another to her kid, but I don't thin that's cool... you know.

--------------------

OfflineRJLR
No greater love
 User Gallery

Re: Should you take your kids out of school if...?? [Re: i_rage_against]
    #3846495 - 02/28/05 02:07 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

i_rage_against said:
Sounds likes she's not challenged enough, the mother should speak with the teacher and see what they can do about challenging her more, or maybe bump her up a grade. Private school is another great option (this is what I did) somewhat expensive, but still gives the child the important peer interaction that a child needs, as opposed to home schooling. Also maybe this mother needs to discipline her daughter better, I don't' mean physically of course, but sometimes parents will let their child get away with anything. I'm not saying your friend is like this, I'm just proposing some ideas.

That's a good point I did not think of, Privet school, I'll ask my friend if she'd thought of it... As for the discipline... she gets away with nothing and this seems to calm her down for three minuets, but turn your back, and she's off. I've baby sit her a few times we draw and I talk to her like she's an adult I think makes her act differently, she sort of respects that.

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #3846504 - 02/28/05 02:08 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

The kid could just need a good ass-kicking to realize whats acceptable behavior and what isnt.

People are so quick to say "Oh, Junior is really smart, he's just not challenged enough", when really, the kid realizes all he/she has to do is throw a temper tantrum and "Voila!", Instant Attention.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineRJLR
No greater love
 User Gallery

Re: Should you take your kids out of school if...?? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #3846553 - 02/28/05 02:16 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I don't think the kid's trying to get attention, it's more like curiosity, how far can I take this situation, Do you think I should tell the mother to get the kid scared by the police, or taken to a shrink.
My mum did both to me, and once she even made a fake phone call to an orphanage, and made me believe for a whole day that they were coming to get me. " if you don't behave, I'm leaving your father " I don't think blackmail is the best way to go.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub