Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemonolith4
Stranger

Anyone else take psychedelics and not weed?
    #3846085 - 02/28/05 10:16 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I enjoy the odd smoke but I generally regard the high as being quite useless when compared to the likes of mushrooms.
I mean I don't really get any thing out of it worthwhile, whereas shrooms can amaze me and show me something new everytime.
Being stoned tends to be alot more boring.

Anyone agree?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Anyone else take psychedelics and not weed? [Re: monolith4]
    #3846092 - 02/28/05 10:18 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

When used recreationally, yeah I would agree with you. Although sometimes it can relieve boredom. Sometimes.

However when I use it alone, I find it to be a wonderful tool for introspection and meditation.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Offlinederyl
Stranger
Male

Loc: Uncle Tom's
Re: Anyone else take psychedelics and not weed? [Re: dblaney]
    #3846111 - 02/28/05 10:24 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I dont't smoke reguarly anymore, but I just thought it was too expensive.

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
Re: Anyone else take psychedelics and not weed? [Re: deryl]
    #3846214 - 02/28/05 10:50 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Pot is one of my many passions.  I'll ingest it almost any time, anywhere, and any way I can - excepting dangerous situations such as operating heavy machinery - simply for the love of it...  I use recreationally as well as spiritually, and most certainly ritualistically.

But it is by no means for everyone!  There are plenty of people who don't like pot, for one reason or another, and that is perfectly A-OK with me - so long as they aren't trying to convince me NOT to like pot.  Then I get just as wound up as I do when Christians try to Save me :rolleyes:

For me; :heart: :sun:

For you; :spliff: :projectile:

:tongue:

--------------------
delta9

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Re: Anyone else take psychedelics and not weed? [Re: delta9]
    #3846268 - 02/28/05 11:11 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

delta9 said:
when Christians try to Save me :rolleyes:

You mean you haven't been saved yet!?

OHMYGOSH! Okay, quickly, before it's too late, repeat after me: JESUS, JESUS, JESUS, PRAISE JESUS!

Hehe, I think I'm having too much fun with coca tea.

But anyways, yeah pot used to be amazing for me, but after one or two bad psychedelic experiences when I smoke it all I feel is paranoia. However I'm starting to deal with it through meditation and reflection, and it is gradually improving. I think I'm just fighting it.

--------------------

- John Mayer

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
    #3846350 - 02/28/05 11:34 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I HAVE ACCEPTED HIM INTO MY HEART!  Do I get my free pass into heaven now? k, thanks.

:tongue:

I think the paranoia is always there, it's just a matter of dealing with it.  Deal with it badly, and you'll get stuck in a loop, much like a thought-loop on mushrooms or acid, and spiral out into paranoia land - and that's no fun for anyone.  Whenever I start to get paranoid, I like to think of it as suggestions to keep me safe, take heed, and move on.

For example, when I finally scored some weed in this godforsaken place many months ago, the first few times I smoked, you could say I was *very* paranoid.  I smoked a joint on the porch where I used to smoke cigarettes, and it was good.  I came inside, chilled...  Then I started wondering, "Oh man, I hope there's no embers that could catch fire on that wood porch", probably because this house has had a history of fire damage...  Dealing with that was fairly simple - I just looked out on the porch through the window in the door, saw nothing burning.  Cool.  Sit for a bit longer.  "But what if, what if it is burning NOW?".  Well, damn, fine, so I went outside and checked it out, nothing no where, it was all good.  So I chilled and the next time I thought "but I don't want to start a fire..." I immediately thought, "Oh shut up, I already checked on it twice, nothing is going to happen".  And boom, it was done, didn't bother me again.  Still have a porch, too, so that's good :stoned: .

Obviously, it is not always so easy to quantify and deal with the paranoia, but that is just one way that I have found works for me in certain situations.  If it's a less tangible paranoia, I just plain put it out of my mind - which takes a bit of work, but it can be done.

Good luck :sun:

--------------------
delta9

Offlinesqeak
Stranger
    #3846358 - 02/28/05 11:37 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I personally don't smoke weed anymore, just stick with lsd and mushrooms :smile:

OfflinePozinet
Stranger

Re: Anyone else take psychedelics and not weed? [Re: sqeak]
    #3846454 - 02/28/05 11:59 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I don't smoke weed anymore either. Shrooms are my best friend now heh

OfflineSkinnymofo
lalala
Loc: Seattle
Re: Anyone else take psychedelics and not weed? [Re: Pozinet]
    #3846751 - 02/28/05 12:56 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i do not smoke either, mainly because i just get way too high and it gets a little uncomfortable, and its beeen a bitch to get a job even while being clean :frown:

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Anyone else take psychedelics and not weed? [Re: Pozinet]
    #3846754 - 02/28/05 12:56 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I haven't smoked weed for a few years. Just doesn't do anything special for me.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: Anyone else take psychedelics and not weed? [Re: djd586]
    #3846774 - 02/28/05 01:01 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Every time I end up smoking weed I have an alright time, but I really don't crave it ever. If my roommate stopped smoking pot I'd probably never smoke pot again. It's really pretty low on my list of priorities. I still want to try Blue Water Lily and Sacred Lotus though. And it's been a while since I've hit some Salvia. Feelin like I want to try that again.

But pot...nah. Not really.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

#3846857 - 02/28/05 01:19 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, didn't the Church do exactly that during the middle ages? Just hand out sheets of paper to those who donated money saying that they would get to heaven?

Weed seems to be just an enjoyable pastime for most.

--------------------

- John Mayer

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

#3846876 - 02/28/05 01:23 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah weed is like a hobby for all my friends. It's just completely taken for granted. "Smoking? yeah so what...old news". It's no longer..cherished..so I'm done with it.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Offlinelonebuddha
whats it allabout?
    #3846879 - 02/28/05 01:24 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I don't like weed but love the psychedelics. I'd still smoke it with a group of friends who get together to get wasted.

InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger

Loc: Texas
Re: Anyone else take psychedelics and not weed? [Re: lonebuddha]
    #3847074 - 02/28/05 02:12 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I almost never smoke weed, but I try to do entheogens in moderation. The reason I don't like weed is most of the people (that I know) do it just to be cool and give themselves a "stoner" image.

I know some people do it for good reasons (menstral cramps for example) or in moderation as a treat. I think if more people took this aproach weed might one day be legalized everywhere.

Offlineorgandonor
Stranger

Loc: St. Petersburg, FL
Re: Anyone else take psychedelics and not weed? [Re: lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl]
    #3847148 - 02/28/05 02:27 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

adjust said:
The reason I don't like weed is most of the people (that I know) do it just to be cool and give themselves a "stoner" image.

HAHAHAHA I use to be like that back in high school but i have learned all the great things that come from weed. so now i smoke it every night to just chill out and think about my day.

--------------------
They say that dreams are only real as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?

Offlineheadset
Stranger
Re: Anyone else take psychedelics and not weed? [Re: organdonor]
    #3849740 - 02/28/05 11:18 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I smoked pot heavily for years, and was a total doper - now im rather put off by stoners (not that i dont have my own off putting interests.) however, i find it makes me paranoid and anxious and generally uncomfortable.. sometimes i like to smoke alone but it takes away my dreams.

Marijuana contributes to positive philosophical mindstates, but i find it generally unaccessible... i cant retain ideas, or get them down fast enough to build off them - its like grabbing neat ideas out of thin air as fast as you can. I find dreaming to be a more memorable philosophical experience...

OfflineTwister
Lucrative
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: Anyone else take psychedelics and not weed? [Re: headset]
    #3850230 - 03/01/05 01:07 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I love weed. I find that the perspective it gives me, when used in moderation, is like a breath of fresh air. The change from sobriety really helps me look at different aspects of my life, among multitudes of other things, in different ways.
However, I did "abuse" it for a long while but now its more of a couple days out of the week thing instead of an everyday thing, and I really appreciate it more than ever.

OfflineMushroomoebius
Stranger

Re: Anyone else take psychedelics and not weed? [Re: Twister]
    #3852311 - 03/01/05 01:43 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

All I can get my hands on is weed.  :frown:  I have yet to get access to any psychadelics.

Offlinebounceproof
freefaller

Loc: Florida
Re: Anyone else take psychedelics and not weed? [Re: monolith4]
    #3852852 - 03/01/05 03:23 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

personally I can't smoke :o( Kinda makes me feel like I am drunk and nauseous. So I do stay with the shrooms or X. Thought I was alone lol

--------------------
<one foot over the edge and i think i like it>

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds