Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinebuddhathehut
readingrainbows.......

Loc: North Carolina
Need help with wine selection.
    #3838364 - 02/26/05 06:03 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

A friend is comming over later tonight to cook what may just be the best salmon ever (no offense to best salmon ever cookers everywhere)- and I have to go buy a good wine to go with it for my friends and family- what do you suggest- anything tried and true? The side dishes are likely to include some king of cooked veggies and a bread or two. Help!

--------------------
"If you do not want to go within, do you want to go out? But where will you go, since He ie everywhere in this universe, and surrounding this universe?" - Shrii Shrii Anandamurti

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleeric_the_redS
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: happy land
Re: Need help with wine selection. [Re: buddhathehut]
    #3838686 - 02/26/05 07:28 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i would go with one of these three white wines:

sauvignon blanc
chenin blanc
chardonnay

if you don't like white wine, go with a white merlot. i recommend beringer.

--------------------
Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

InvisibleStein
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Need help with wine selection. [Re: eric_the_red]
    #3845590 - 02/28/05 06:21 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I'd rather drink vinegar than any of those wines.

Serve beer and koolaid or pepsi. You can't go wrong with that.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Need help with wine selection. [Re: Stein]
    #3845675 - 02/28/05 07:25 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

> I'd rather drink vinegar than any of those wines.

What, you don't like white wines? Those listed by eric_the_red are varietals (types of wine), not an actual specific wine. I personally do not care for chenin blanc's, but there are some excellent sauvegnon blanc's and chardonnay's that are under $20 a bottle. Of course, if your palette is accustom to beer, kool-aid, and Pepsi, I wouldn't expect you to enjoy the taste of a good wine.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineDrink_Punk_Soda
Now with ExtraVaganza!?

Loc: Nowhere fast
    #3847293 - 02/28/05 03:10 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I've said it before, I'll say it again- the Finger Lakes wines are some of the finest dinner wines around (excluding high-end expensive stuff.)

For salmon, especially non-farmed salmon (a salmon dish with a bold flavor or spice) look for Lucas' Tugboat White.  Americana White is quite good with salmon also.

If you're ever in the upstate NY area, go on the Finger Lakes wine trail.  You'll be an instant convert, plus you'll have around 15 new wineries to refer to.  :thumbup:

--------------------

Kumbayah my lord, Kumbayah...

Offlinebuddhathehut
readingrainbows.......

Loc: North Carolina
Re: Need help with wine selection. [Re: Drink_Punk_Soda]
    #3851112 - 03/01/05 08:47 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for all the help guys- finally decided upon buying a couple of bottles of inexpensive chardonnay and weed through them- I wish I could tell you what the descision was, but the bottles have been dispensed with (all of them, after more people came :wink:) Had to buy before the first post by eric-the-red before my last store closed (10:30)- actually had to call a friend comming from the other side of town to stop by a store on the way through.  It's funny- Stein- how the hell did you know I'm such a fan of beer and kool-aid?  Oh I guess it goes to show there's a little bit of ghetto in all of us.  Had someone bring a platter of home-made breads including a sweet bread baked with an ounce and a half equivalent of some middies.  Then it was time for the hot tub....  Drink_Punch_Soda- last time I was in upstate NY I got lost and came within a pube of running out of gas in some obscure beautiful area- my first time in both the city and driving through some of upstate on my way to Maine- with no liscense driving a Camaro naked.  So NY in general strikes fear in my heart.  But I'm planning to be in the same place again (sort of) in the fall so I'll check in on that- appreciate the lead from one wine lover to another! 
            It's funny BTW how few people have any taste for white wines under any circumstances.  Anyway- peace.

--------------------
"If you do not want to go within, do you want to go out? But where will you go, since He ie everywhere in this universe, and surrounding this universe?" - Shrii Shrii Anandamurti

OfflineRaadt
nicht

Loc: azurescending
    #3855341 - 03/02/05 12:43 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

for me with salmon, it's a fattier fish. I would go with a lighter wine than a chard. I like pinot grigio/gris. Chardonnay will work, but it's more suited towards lighter flavors, like scallops or halibut.

It also depends on how it's served.. but generally.. pinot grigio... or even sauvignon blanc.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale