Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSteel27Odin
Drugs andAlcohol arebad....UNKAYYY

Mushies on the way.............
    #3845576 - 02/28/05 06:02 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Well day 9 of my casing....

1. Pins starting to form everywhere!!
2. Is there any way to judge about how big my mushies will be???
Right now I have three growing pins, they are about two inches
tall....the whole body of the mushroom resembles a "bowling ball
pin"(the base(which is fuzzy) of the mushie is bigger then the developing cap), and on the side of the stalks are tan-brown spots/streaks.
3. Anyone got any good pics of developing mushies?????

--------------------
Life is but a dream.......

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSteel27Odin

Re: Mushies on the way............. [Re: Steel27Odin]
    #3845581 - 02/28/05 06:12 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Also, should I mist these pins????

--------------------

Offlinepenlight438094
1 spliff 16.1g +1 man alone =Blitzed!

#3845631 - 02/28/05 07:00 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

no, but if the surface dries out, then use a syringe and water around pins. water will casue pins to abort

--------------------
Grown on Uncle Ben's 5 Minute Rice
Looks nice, Think again, read and see http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3576624/an/0/page/0

OfflineSteel27Odin

Re: Mushies on the way............. [Re: penlight438094]
    #3845683 - 02/28/05 07:32 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I am kinda worried....on day 6 they pinned...the caps are dark brown and only 2 inches big at day 9. Could these be aborts??? On the side of the stalks is a brownish tan pattern of streaks, the base of the mushie is fuzzy(white), is this normal??? Please help!!!!Ive come this far....anyone have pics on developing mushies on the post pin stage??????

--------------------

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #3845699 - 02/28/05 07:49 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Dude, you need to relax. Watch the mushrooms for continuing growth over the next 24 hours. If they're aborts you will see no noticeable growth. But if they aren't and they are at 2 inches right now you should be able to see quite a bit or growth. Also what are you using in terms of a terrarium? Whats your temp at? What kind of casing do you have?

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

OfflineSteel27Odin

Re: Mushies on the way............. [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #3845715 - 02/28/05 08:00 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

The facts:
1PMP
2 74.1 F temp, 90% hygrometer
3. B+
4. pins with fuzz by the base, brown steaks through the stalks
5. see growth but, caps are dark brown...aborts??

--------------------

OfflineSteel27Odin

#3845717 - 02/28/05 08:01 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

casing coir/vermic/ no ph balancer

--------------------

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
    #3845721 - 02/28/05 08:03 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

You've really been asking questions every single step of the way, all questions which could have easily been answered by doing a search, or even browsing through the archives.

Part of the fun of this hobby is just winging it and doing the steps on your own. You already have a plethora of information at your fingertips here, it's not fair to harass everyone here by making a new thread every step of the way.

Just chill out, let your grow run its course, and learn from what you see.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

OfflineSteel27Odin

Re: Mushies on the way............. [Re: Holydiver]
    #3845732 - 02/28/05 08:12 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry but typing "aborts" in the site search only yields one link to a picture of an abort....I go to main posts and search ....most pictures are removed or off topic....

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3846090 - 02/28/05 10:17 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

If they grown, they arent aborts. If they dont grow, they're aborts. Did you need a search to tell you that? Use the Google search function, its the best on the site. And if you do search posts, make sure you dont just search for posts within 1 month (default)

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineSteel27Odin

Re: Mushies on the way............. [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3846229 - 02/28/05 10:54 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Only reason I put that is because Diver thinks I dint do a search that much...........thanks for the info....i really try and not bother some of the "good ole boys" on this website...I respect that... its your turf....but if all questions can be answered by doing a search...Why have a discussion forum?????????

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #3846252 - 02/28/05 11:03 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

ALL questions cant. SIMPLE questions with one line answers can either be found by reading FAQs, searching, or just seeing what happens. You know an abort means its not growing, so just watch it and your shrooms to see what they look like when they stop growing. Aborts have a look to them. I can't describe it, but when youve seen it enough, youll know it.

The forum is for DISCUSSIONS, you asking a one line question that requires only a one line answer is not a discussion.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

OfflineSteel27Odin

#3846377 - 02/28/05 11:43 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

But kind sir, I had three replies with more them one sentance...under your definition it is a "discussion"....im not trying to be an asshole...if you guys dont like my posts dont read them, I dont try to aggrivate anyone here, i fact I am getting a supporter account because I believe in this site :thanx:

--------------------

OfflineRJLR
No greater love
 User Gallery

Loc: France, keepin' tabs with...
    #3850834 - 03/01/05 05:10 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hi I don't know whether your still looking for pic's of pins... I found these in Mushmush under cubensis caseing

er if these doesn't work ( because I'm crape with computers,) have a look at my pic gallery there's some there...

[image]http://www.shroomery.org/forums/files/05-09/967885582-ecuador_pinning.jpg[image/]
[image]http://www.shroomery.org/forums/files/05-09/967882728-ecuador_pinning_bin.jpg[image/]

--------------------
Gotta to spread the word about:
http://www.johnnyganjaseed.com/johnny.htm

OfflineRJLR
No greater love
 User Gallery

#3850836 - 03/01/05 05:11 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hi I don't know whether your still looking for pic's of pins... I found these in Mushmush under cubensis caseing

er if these doesn't work ( because I'm crape with computers,) have a look at my pic gallery there's some there...

Ok may be this time...

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #3851105 - 03/01/05 08:44 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Steel27Odin said:
But kind sir, I had three replies with more them one sentance...under your definition it is a "discussion"....im not trying to be an asshole...if you guys dont like my posts dont read them, I dont try to aggrivate anyone here, i fact I am getting a supporter account because I believe in this site :thanx:

I did not define discussion and I wouldnt define it as one. You just keep asking new questions. They're all basic, easy, and easily found by doing a little reading and reasearch.

I dont have a problem reading your questions. I dont have a problem answering your questions. I have a problem with people who want mushrooms but are to lazy to read. And not even so much a problem. I just feel bad for you. I assume Diver just felt the same. He wasnt a dick to you or anything. Just explained you've asked all questions that are answered in the FAQ's. It is my opinion that anyone serious about growing these should read every FAQ here. Had you done that, not one question you asked, would have been asked.

--------------------

OfflineSteel27Odin

#3851278 - 03/01/05 09:51 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hey Bro, not going back in forth with a "war of words"...like I said I don't purposely ask questions to annoy anyone here...If people were not to post questions that have already been asked this site would only have half the people on it, which means less business for the Shroomery Sponsors....and please don't feel sad for me I feel just fine.......

--------------------

OfflineBladeLSD
Squirrel Master

#3851308 - 03/01/05 10:03 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hey all, this is a great community, If someone happens to ask a question that has already been answered, then let it be. I mean if you could only ask new questions, then this forum wouldnt have a single post. Be kind my friends, this great community flourish's because of the great people within who dont mind answering any question...cause remember the only stupid question is the one that isnt asked.

--------------------
We might get glimpse's of objectivity every now, and then, but we're so inherently locked in our temporal and corporeal selves that we're irrevocably locked into subjectivity :crazy:

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Mushies on the way............. [Re: BladeLSD]
    #3851418 - 03/01/05 10:33 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I have long ago stopped getting down on people who "happens to ask a question that has already been asked" but there are 4 questions asked here. All simple. One I could see, asking for pictures. However this is the wrong forum for that, thats why theres a "Grow log and Pictures" forum. Plenty of pics could have been found there without asking anyway.

Fuzzy bases normal? Very basic, yes mycelium growin on the base...many teks and threads mention this.

Aborts? Stop growing and cap darkens. Basic and mentioned all over the place.

How big will my mushrooms get? As big as they want.

No one had a problem answering the questions but why shouldnt he be told that "he could have easily found his questions by reading". Its true isnt it? I did. Never asked those questions. I was a newbie myself. I had only this site as my resource. Not to mention you were frantic as all hell "oh im so worried, what do i do??????? please help!!!".

If you were that worried, you would have read all about your questions before hand. Someone just pointed that out. You got your answers too though and what does everyone who helped get? Perhaps a thank you response? Ooops nope, looks like you ignored everyone who helped you and went right for Diver and me who mentioned that you could have also found the questions for yourself. Yes imagine that, for yourself.

--------------------

OfflineRJLR
No greater love
 User Gallery

#3851718 - 03/01/05 11:47 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yo man they aren't really pissed, it's just they are ahead for you... You and I are passionate beginners, don't be chased away be the big fish... Chill and roll with the bunches!
---------------
Thanks for your help before!! :loveeyes: :loveeyes:

--------------------

OfflineSteel27Odin

Re: Mushies on the way............. [Re: RJLR]
    #3851901 - 03/01/05 12:23 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Umm I rated the guy who posted the pictures go see(its your turn to do the proper research)...you will find that I rated him even before your last post...look at the time...there are alot of people in this site that appreciate your info...but get off your high horse!

--------------------

OfflineSteel27Odin

#3852003 - 03/01/05 12:42 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

So click on RJLR 's mushroom rating...you will see that I rated him just after 9:50 a.m.....hmmmmm....can you admit that you are wrong by saying that I ignored everyone that helped me???? Heres your post after 10 a.m.

Someone just pointed that out. You got your answers too though and what does everyone who helped get? Perhaps a thank you response? Ooops nope, looks like you ignored everyone who helped you and went right for Diver and me who mentioned that you could have also found the questions for yourself.

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #3852030 - 03/01/05 12:46 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

So what, in the topic, you chose to reply and in your reply you choose to have it consist of nothing but telling Diver that you dont need to read because were all here to answeryour questions.

I'm well aware that people appreciate my info and that I can seem like I'm on a high horse. I'm not. I'm just very frank and to the point. The point is, Diver mentioned a valid point. Everything you asked, you could know from reading and researching. And yet you dont. And that is why you have the worrys and freaking out that others dont. Had you not been ignorant you could see when someone is just trying to help you improve yourself by telling you that YOU are fully capable of answering your OWN questions. NOT just through research but through GROWING and having FUN, instead of everyone telling you the end of the movie.

--------------------

OfflineSteel27Odin

Re: Mushies on the way........... [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3852054 - 03/01/05 12:49 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

So that is how you admit that you are wrong.........the point is DO NOT TELL ME THAT I DONT RESPOND TO PEOPLES HELP. You are clearly in error here, anyone reading this thread will see

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #3852088 - 03/01/05 12:56 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I dont believe in giving people fish, or just teaching them to fish. I'd rather teach them to learn to fish for themselves. That seemed to be Divers point as well. You replied back about searching. He didnt just talk about searching. He also mentioned looking through the archieves (which are seperated by sections well). And most importantly he mentioned winging it and doing steps on your own. You defended yourself against searching but as I posted, did you need a search to tell you "if it doesnt grow anymore its an abort"? You should have been able to watch the mushroms and look and see what grows and what doesnt. What doesnt is obviously.....you got it....aborts. I was just furthering his point that you can just wing it since you only responded to the portion of his post that said a search could have found your answers. If you respond negativly to one point and dont reply posativly to other points it makes you seem like your not accepting what he says and I felt the need to say more.

Take it or dont, I dont care.

--------------------

InvisibleNeedMoreSleep
OCD = 100%Sterility :-)

Loc: One Inch ↑
Re: Mushies on the way........... [Re: Steel27Odin]
    #3852098 - 03/01/05 12:58 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Steel27Odin said:
You are clearly in error here, anyone reading this thread will see

He was in error on one of many points. And he wasn't even clearly in error as you state. He was actually correct that you did not acknowledge anyone who helped you as publicly as you criticized they're comments about you're lack of research...

--------------------

"Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil,
which we must fear most. And that is... the indifference of good men."
-Boondock Saints

OfflineSteel27Odin

Re: Mushies on the way........... [Re: NeedMoreSleep]
    #3852144 - 03/01/05 01:05 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Thats outstanding, we have come to a common ground,scatmanrav,
we both now just dont care.........

--------------------

OfflineRJLR
No greater love
 User Gallery

#3852205 - 03/01/05 01:19 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

scatmanrav said:
I dont believe in giving people fish, or just teaching them to fish. I'd rather teach them to learn to fish for themselves.

Man listen to this guys, and chill man your the one a high horse now, take your own advice... I don't think your really as pissed as you seem... I think you were very happy to be involved in this cool place called Shroomery... but like any society there are structures and a great need for respect on every ones part... Don't feel bitter just keep it cool.
------------------
It's a ??? like white chicks with ass !!!

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Mushies on the way........... [Re: Steel27Odin]
    #3852283 - 03/01/05 01:36 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Steel27Odin said:
So that is how you admit that you are wrong.........the point is DO NOT TELL ME THAT I DONT RESPOND TO PEOPLES HELP. You are clearly in error here, anyone reading this thread will see

You didnt respond. You didnt click "respond" thats what I meant when I said that. I didnt say, "You didnt issue any kind of positive response". Good you rated people...the point is when you RESPOND (meaning CLICK the button that says RESPOND) with ONLY defense and no acknowledgement of recieved advice, when only POSITIVE was offered seems negative. I posted ONLY saying that you did not need anyone else to tell you that to know if its an abort, watch it and see if it grows. Am I wrong? Did you need someone to tell you that an abort=a pin that stops growing? If not then Diver was right and you should have responded with "Yeah I guess I could have just waited to see but I'm just a little nervous. I'll try and not get so worked up next time".

I wouldnt have said anything to that.

--------------------

OfflineSteel27Odin

Re: Mushies on the way........... [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3852487 - 03/01/05 02:25 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

OK Bro, lets end this...I see your point...there is no way that I am going to try and debate with you...we both will not stop..thank you for your comments and I promise that I will research more...and by the way....I dont see a "respond" button only a "Reply" one :biggrin:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale