Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
intersexual *DELETED*
    #3839022 - 02/26/05 09:13 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by JCoke

Reason for deletion: lies

--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleuriahchase
Skinny White Boy
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
Re: intersexual [Re: JCoke]
    #3840445 - 02/27/05 07:51 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

trans gender and transexual are two very different things.

if a male..were raised in a community where the men wore dresses and jewelry and the females did all the laboring would he then be considered here in America to be female since he would have all the feminine characteristics? nope he has a penis therefore he is man,just a sissy thats all.

gender is determined by society and how and where one is raised...sexuality is determined by XX or XY...

i dont know what im getting at..

--------------------
Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are -Kurt Cobain

Hotter than the left sink handle.

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
    #3840446 - 02/27/05 07:54 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Wait until heshe is at an apropriate age, then let shim decide.  :grin:

--------------------

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
    #3841658 - 02/27/05 02:30 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I have no idea. None whatsoever. I can't even imagine having a kid like that, or any kids for that matter.

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
INTERSEXUAL WHAT...????....????? HUH.....???????? =O [Re: JCoke]
    #3844749 - 02/27/05 11:14 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Ya~ know, I couldn't let this question go unanswered....  :wink:  :smirk:

When I first read the question, I *perceived* it as a "strange" question....  It is not part of my everyday existance to think about such things....  I do have a friend or two that I will prolly~ have to discuss this with....    (I only have a few friends that I can speak about ANYTHING with and not be offended by anything - No matter what we say.... :shocked:
(and sometimes we can say some pretty shockingly funny shit...! :eek: :what: :smile: :lol: :rotfl: :shiftyeyes: :tongue: :sun::smile: 
Hey, I didn't know that Nova was still on...!?  What station, what time...?

Anyway, to answer the question....  I think it would be an absolute shame to live knowing that my child was not going to be able to have the joy of raising a child (at least of the same blood) of their own....    :frown:    I guess adoption would be an option for them....?    On the Nova site, I wish they would have went thru a,  "How Is Sex Determined" for the "Sex Unknown" embryos....    :shrug:    Whatcha~ gonna~ dew~....?    :lol:
:::::perhaps I should write Nova:::::  :idea: :tongue:

I don't have children (yet), but I have had significant others that have....  I wasn't ready for children back then, and I am not at all meaning that I regret any of my past days....    I have yet to find the right woman for me to decide if I am to have a child....  :frown:    As I would if I had myself a good woman, if I had a child, I would spend a helluva~ lot of my time spending all of my time with them....    :smile:    It would not matter to me what society or anyone else thought of my childs sex, it would be my child and I would be a proud father....    :smile:   
:hypno: ::::full concentration on turning off S&Ps ego detecters for following subliminal code:::: :hypno:
BTW(Ldys)34M5'11"190#BLU-RED :grin: :lol:
MMEEEOOOOOoooooooooowwwwW~~~

<<AHHHHEEEEEMMM>>  YEAH, anyways....    That is what I think I think about that.....  :shiftyeyes: :shiftyeyes:

ME....

:sun:

Edit:  :lol:  To answer the question that I failed to answer....!    I would *try* to raise the child just as he/she/shim was....  Education would be the key I think....    The perception can be changed if there is a problem within the local society/environment....  It is ashame that people would even find problem in being born with something different than them....    Human nature I guess....?  Whatcha~ gonna~ dew~....?    :shrug:

All I can think right now is a quote from the Matrix, when the child says,  "You must BE the spoon....    That way you will see the truth for the truth...."    I guess this would allow one to see the world for what it is - if thru the eyes of a spoon....  :what:  :wink:  I dunno~,  it just popped into my head....    :tongue:

Edited by PhanTomCat (02/28/05 12:03 AM)

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

#3845237 - 02/28/05 01:36 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

saw this nova episode a while back, just now checked out the site, it made me think, and for some reason i never thought about this before, but, if i ever have a kid, and it it seems to be both male and female, what would I choose to raise it as? what would you all do? i would like to say, raise it as neither or even both, like it does'nt matter, but in this society that simply would'nt work obviously, what do you all think?

I feel you should allow the child to express itself in the way it sees fit and encourage whatever they choose.It is very difficult for a transgender child in this society in general.

I myself am transgender.It was very hard growing up and I was tormented in every way imagineable.I was always called a sissy and I was always assumed to ahve interest in men because I appeared mostly male externally and in dress(at that time I was forced to dress a certain way which was 100% male) yet mentally I am a balance of masculinity and femininity and see myself as having neither a female nor male gender but rather a third gender consisting of both male and female.I have an equal amount of masculine and feminine interests and hobbies and seem to fall directly between both sexes.

Externally I have male genitalia (internally Im not sure as Ive never been checked for the presence of non-functioning ovaries or such).However I have what appears to be the presence of small breasts which are always there regardless of physical shape.I am generally quite fit most of the year(with being a tad less fit in winter).So it is not simply fat.I have been mistaken for a lesbian on occasion due to this.

I now dress very between sexes and wear makeup with also falls between genders.I love makeup.I am not merely male nor merely female.

This was very difficult for me growing up.I was forced into a male persona simply because it was unacceptable for me to be anything else due to my genitalia by societies standards and the standards of my family.This lead to great depression and confusion and trauma.

Only after I turned 18 was I really allowed to become outwardly what I truly am inwardly.Now I pursue my life quite happily dressing between male and female,pursuing my hobbies from both genders and dating my fiancee who is ironically outwardly a very beautiful woman but inwardly very masculine.

Looking back on those tormented years it still cuases me great pain to have been forced into such a role that did not fit me what so ever.

--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

Re: intersexual [Re: uriahchase]
    #3845256 - 02/28/05 01:43 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

if a male..were raised in a community where the men wore dresses and jewelry and the females did all the laboring would he then be considered here in America to be female since he would have all the feminine characteristics? nope he has a penis therefore he is man,just a sissy thats all.

You have very flawed thinking and are completely wrong.A penis does equate to man and a vagina does not to woman.There are many shades of gray.Not just externally but internally.

Your misogynist views are disgusting.There is nothing wrong with men wearing dresses nor does it make them a sissy or weak.There is also nothing wrong with women laborers and it does not make them manly.

Quote:

gender is determined by society and how and where one is raised...

Completely Untrue.Gender is determined by the individual.Not how they were raised.I was raised male but that does not make me male nor do I identify myself as male.

Quote:

sexuality is determined by XX or XY...

Genitalia may be determined by XX or XY but what about hermaphrodites with XXY chromosomes?Where would you classify them?

--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: intersexual [Re: UnenlightenedOne]
    #3845905 - 02/28/05 09:18 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

so....

have you ever looked at any paintings by psychedelic artist abdul mati klarwein?

some seriously hermaphroditic beings in a few of his works...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Invisibleuriahchase
Skinny White Boy
Male User Gallery

#3846070 - 02/28/05 10:10 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

UnenlightenedOne said:
Quote:

You have very flawed thinking and are completely wrong.A penis does equate to man and a vagina does not to woman.There are many shades of gray.Not just externally but internally.

Your misogynist views are disgusting.There is nothing wrong with men wearing dresses nor does it make them a sissy or weak.There is also nothing wrong with women laborers and it does not make them manly.

Quote:

gender is determined by society and how and where one is raised...

Completely Untrue.Gender is determined by the individual.Not how they were raised.I was raised male but that does not make me male nor do I identify myself as male.

Quote:

sexuality is determined by XX or XY...

Genitalia may be determined by XX or XY but what about hermaphrodites with XXY chromosomes?Where would you classify them?

"I AM WRONG" who are you to tell me im wrong????? what else determines if you are male or female? XX XY period! g

even if you weren't raised male or if YOU don't consider yourself to be male... if you don't dress like a male (but you are genetically male) then youre male...and if you think you choose wether or not you're are male or female you are wrong.! one cannot stop society's affect on oneself..wether YOU see it or not you are the way you are because thats who you are...because thats what society has made you to be..(gender) not sex. sex is just physical and genetics....gender is as i have stated before...determined by culture and other outside influences. gender is not xx xy but sex is.

--------------------

Edited by uriahchase (02/28/05 10:35 AM)

Invisiblemoog
Stranger

#3846103 - 02/28/05 10:21 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

#3846121 - 02/28/05 10:27 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Seeing society turn the way of unisex for all disgusts me. Feminism has shown that it is wrong and bad to embrace femininity and therefore encourages women to become males with a vagina, which is very unappealing. The details of gender roles are somewhat influenced by society, but our natural predisposition to be males and females mimick that of the animal kingdom... stemming from the influences of evolution.

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

Invisibleuriahchase
Skinny White Boy
Male User Gallery

Re: intersexual [Re: moog]
    #3846138 - 02/28/05 10:31 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

"You have very flawed thinking and are completely wrong.A penis does equate to man and a vagina does not to woman.There are many shades of gray.Not just externally but internally.
Your misogynist views are disgusting.There is nothing wrong with men wearing dresses nor does it make them a sissy or weak.There is also nothing wrong with women laborers and it does not make them manly"

some one is very opinionated i think too....i never said i believed that women who work are manly and that men who cook and clean and wear skirts are sissies.... i said that hypothetically if there was a community like that....., would one be considered a sissy .....her in America.

(generally ...Americans view men in skirts that get thier hair done twice a week and manicured nails are kinda womenly..and burly girls who like to go chop wood and scratch themselves with the same hand that they are eating with are well,,.....generally manly) <~~~~~not the view or belief of the author of this post....
don't get your...panties..(i assume) in a bunch.

i think my 1st post was in no way wrong nor did i give any missinformation nor did i pick on men in tights...i gave a reply to a post my reply was thought. soo........relax.

--------------------

Edited by uriahchase (02/28/05 10:32 AM)

Invisibleuriahchase
Skinny White Boy
Male User Gallery

#3846147 - 02/28/05 10:34 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

"stemming from the influences of evolution."
what influences?

--------------------

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

#3846171 - 02/28/05 10:39 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

"stemming from the influences of evolution."
what influences?

It was a very broad comment, but mainly the forces that drive females to mate with the strongest males, and males to search for females that are good child-bearings. Things like this develop gender roles.

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

Invisiblemoog
Stranger

Re: intersexual [Re: looner2]
    #3846174 - 02/28/05 10:39 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I agree. Let's let men be men and women be women. For anyone in between (hermaphrodites), feel free to choose.

Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
Loc: Inguland
    #3846260 - 02/28/05 11:06 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Men have penises and women have vaginas. That is the only good definition, it is not sexist to say this.

Sometimes the word "gender" is used to describe the mental and emotional properties of people rather than the physical properties. This is confusing, and I don't think it should be used. Women tend to have different brains to men, but there is no need to call women with "manly" brains "male" in gender or men with "womanly" brains "female" in gender. I think this is just needless muddying of definitions.

There should be nothing to argue about really, you are just discussing definitions, not really opinions.

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

Re: intersexual [Re: gnrm23]
    #3846778 - 02/28/05 01:01 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

have you ever looked at any paintings by psychedelic artist abdul mati klarwein?

some seriously hermaphroditic beings in a few of his works...

No I haven't.Ive never heard of that artist before.

--------------------

Invisiblerogue_pixie
faerydae
Female User Gallery

Loc: UK
Re: intersexual [Re: looner2]
    #3846826 - 02/28/05 01:11 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

looner2 said:
Seeing society turn the way of unisex for all disgusts me. Feminism has shown that it is wrong and bad to embrace femininity and therefore encourages women to become males with a vagina, which is very unappealing.

:lol:  :laugh: :shocked: :mad: :eek:

The feminist movement is about equality for both men and women!

--------------------
"Whatever you do, you need to keep moving.  Because when you stop moving you die (physically and emotionally).

Good luck and blessings of happiness and fortune." ~ RandalFlagg RIP

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

#3846842 - 02/28/05 01:15 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

"I AM WRONG" who are you to tell me im wrong?????

Who am I to say you're wrong?I am a lifelong transgendered individual.Unless you yourself are transgendered you have NO idea what its like in any way shape or form.

Quote:

even if you weren't raised male or if YOU don't consider yourself to be male... if you don't dress like a male (but you are genetically male) then youre male...

Try telling that to men who are born men and look 100% male yet are 100% female mentally and internally.I have to disagree with you.

I myself fall between the genders and I am not male nor female.And I am not about to be shuffled into a male category for the sake of convenience for someone who has NO idea of anything Im talking about.

Quote:

wether YOU see it or not you are the way you are because thats who you are

And who are YOU to tell ME Who I am when you have no idea of what its like to be transgendered.

Quote:

gender is not xx xy but sex is.

Gender is determined by the individual.A born male who is not male psychology and mentally even though he was raised 100% male cannot said to be male just as a woman raised 100% female cannot be said to be female if she is completely male psychologically and mentally.Anyone who says otherwise is just trying to shove them into a category for their own comfort. Chromosomes determine genitalia but there are people who fall between male and female even with completely male or completely female chromosomes and some people have XXY now again I ask you,where do you put XXY individuals in a strictly male/female only culture?

--------------------

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

#3846847 - 02/28/05 01:17 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Species is not the same as gender.In fact there are hermaphrodite animals.What gender are they?

Pretending to know what its like to be transgendered or pretending to know what Im talking about doesnt mean you actually know what its like nor what Im talking about.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom