Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
I have ingested poisonous Chlorophyllum molybdites in the past: Future health problems?
    #3842289 - 02/27/05 04:29 PM (19 years, 24 days ago)

This might belong in the Physical and mental Health forum but since people here are more knowledgeable about wild mushroom speicies, I thought ID ask it here:
4 years ago, when I was an ignorant novice shroomer, me and a few friends picked a combonation of Cubies, Copes and C. Molyblites from a local cattle field. Of course the Molyblites were the largest from the collection and for on who thought they were all magic, were the most seducing to injest. Well, I ate one rather large dried cap to my regret of course. Bout 2-3 hours later I began puking almost every 15 minutes and felt like utter shit. My then girlfriend drove me to ther hospital where we brought a similar looking mushroom (lepiota for doctor ID). I was just holding my head puking and uttering nonsense with the chills and sweats. I was really scared and so was my GF since this was not a reaction from psychadlic shroom trips. They put me on an IV and gave me something else and basically I was puking for the next couple of hours until I passed out and woke up the next morning feeling fine. I was realeased the following day-- I still see these shrooms grow and of course will never touch them again but I just wanted to know if I should expect any future problems related to this incident. MushroomJohns Site, http://www.mushroomjohn.com, had this to say about it:

(CHECK OUT THIS SITE IF YOU HAVENT ALREADY, ITS GREAT"
>>>>>"Another example of misidentification involves Chlorophyllum molybdites, a species commonly referred to as "green gills" or "Morgans" Lepiota. As the nick-name implies, the gills of this species are green. This occurs with age. This mushroom is rather large with a scaly cap which resembles a parasol. This species is common in manured fields, meadows and lawns and does not grow directly in manure but may be found in manured fields where cattle and water buffalo graze.
According to Stephen Peele, curator of the Florida Mycology Research Center, it is often picked and accidently consumed in Florida; usually mistaken for Psilocybe cubensis (personal communication to J.W. Allen). Chlorophyllum molybdites is considered toxic but not deadly.
Peele also claimed that in Tampa, Florida, over 90% of all mushroom poisonings were the result of accidently consuming specimens of C. molybdites which were mistaken for Psilocybe cubensis"

Well, they dont contain any of the Amanatoxins which keep passing through your liver for a few weeks till it gives out---Like the deadly shroom species---but I still dont know if ill effects can result in this. Does anybody else know of any possible future liver malfunctions?

Edited by PsillyNilly (02/27/05 04:38 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

Re: I have ingested poisonous Chlorophyllum molybdites in the past: Future health problems? [Re: PsillyNilly]
    #3843429 - 02/27/05 07:57 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

Ouch. Well, I guess You learned Your lesson :crazy:

To my knowledge the toxins of Chlorophyllum molybdites have not been yet elucidated. If that's correct then a definite answer to Your question would be impossible. But I tend to believe that gastrointestinal irritants are not likely to cause You any serious liver malfunctions :shrug:

I'm sure ToxicMan will throw light on this, he knows a lot about mushroom toxicology.

--------------------

Edited by ivi (02/27/05 08:03 PM)

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: I have ingested poisonous Chlorophyllum molybdites in the past: Future health problems? [Re: PsillyNilly]
    #3845133 - 02/28/05 12:56 AM (19 years, 23 days ago)

There is currently no evidence that there are any long term effects from eating Chlorophyllum molybdites. Since this species is responsible for more poisonings than any other mushroom, we would probably know by now if there were additional problems.

The toxins are still unknown.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
Re: I have ingested poisonous Chlorophyllum molybdites in the past: Future health problems? [Re: ToxicMan]
    #3845164 - 02/28/05 01:06 AM (19 years, 23 days ago)

Thanks for the responses...I knew most people wouldnt know since I did search the internet for longterm effects and nothing popped up. I had a full examination of my liver kidneys etc. etc. function a year back and everything came back better than normal-enzymes etc...expected for somebody my age. But Im sure those tests dont screen for an unknown toxin in a particualar mushroom species. Oh well, Im 21 now so Ill resurrect this thread if I die from liver/renal failure a few decades from now.

Edited by PsillyNilly (02/28/05 01:07 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate