Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Women Issue..
    #3808115 - 02/20/05 06:52 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Please, just answer mature, and either add something beneficial or move on. 

Situation is this:
Their is a woman that I really want to be with... she doesn't seem to mind being with me, albeit she can't seem to say anything in regards to it. She's very short over the phone, is in a relationship, yet... doesn't seem to mind me calling her knowing that the full intention of the call is because I want to be with her. I've known her for some 6 years, and haven't yet to start anything with her, even though throughout the period we had this odd, and I do mean very odd staring contest so to speak, where we both gazed into each other's eyes very intensely (note: never yet have I experienced any woman that would do this so well), as well as various "great" (and I do mean great) body language.

I've been an addict before in the past, and have thusly prevented myself from being with her as a result of that... Yet she's very terse and isn't very open to me (unfortuanetly)..

I'm thinking of calling her, and just being full blown honest and to embarass the shit out of myself, and if nothing results from that, I'll move on... And no, finding someone else or forgetting about it is not an option until I've explored this possibility, (even if it isn't)... I'm thinking it has to do with either me being what I was in the past (an addict of "sorts"), and her having full knowledge of that, and/or some sort of trust issue (if not both of the two).

P.S.
I am deeply infatuated with her if you couldn't tell  :laugh:

Help and comments greatly appreciated.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

Edited by Psychoactive1984 (02/27/05 11:04 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblenewuser1492
Re: Women Issue.. [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #3808133 - 02/20/05 06:57 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

is in a relationship

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: Women Issue.. [Re: newuser1492]
    #3808155 - 02/20/05 07:02 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

lol yeah, almost stopped as of writing that...

The whole issue is:
Why would someone that is in fact in a relationship not mind someone calling them full well knowing that the intention is to establish a relationship? Dunno, and from what I know about her, she isn't a mindfuck of a person if you know what I mean, i.e. (she's not self absorbed) and doing it for an ego boost.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
-Substance over Style.

Invisiblenewuser1492
    #3808204 - 02/20/05 07:15 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Everyone likes flattery.

Even if (not saying it is) her relationship is going bad think of it like this, how would you feel if some guy came on to your girl and essentially tried to steal her away from you?

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3808292 - 02/20/05 07:35 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

..."And do not defraud your brother."

:heart:

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: Women Issue.. [Re: World Spirit]
    #3808390 - 02/20/05 07:57 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I've no intention of doing any such thing, the only thing that I wish to do is to express myself honestly, which apparently is an issue (no particular reason, figure time i stop being a lying SOB, and to be honest with myself as well as with others.) My intention isn't to encroach on the situation in any respect, merely represent myself in an honest manner (which I obviously haven't in the past, hence the reasoning for change.)

Beyond that, I really want to know more then anything if in fact her boyfriend is taking care of her, with the respect that I believe she in fact deserves... I'd even go so far as to talk to him about his intentions with full blown honesty......

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

Offlinewoleb
below
Loc: South Australia
    #3808548 - 02/20/05 08:28 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Psychoactive1984 said:

www.intellectualwhores.com

Welcome to IW-dom. You have my condolances. Just NEXT her, you'll thank yourself in the future for it.

--------------------
You'll thank me when you share my politics!

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
    #3808577 - 02/20/05 08:35 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Having been in this situation with women myself, the best advice I can give is to let her know how you feel.  The situation won't be resolved in your mind until you do, one way or another, but I'm sure you know that.

Whatever you're going to do though, do it soon so you don't stew over it and eventually chicken out.  Let her know how you feel, but try your hardest not to come off as desperate. 

Forget about being shot down and denied, that comes with the territory and it's to be expected.  I've learned just as much from the failures as I have the successes with women.

Shit, forgot where I'm headed with this.  I hope this helps :laugh:

(Edit:  Ok, so I've learned more from the successes than failures, but you get my drift.  Go for her :thumbup:)

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Edited by Diver (02/20/05 08:48 PM)

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3808605 - 02/20/05 08:41 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I think it would be best to put it all out on the table and be completely honest with her. this way you know where you stand and you can choose what you will do next after knowing what she thinks about all of it.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: Women Issue.. [Re: Locus]
    #3808626 - 02/20/05 08:44 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Diver, Locus ... thanks for the advice, will let you know the end result of it... good, bad, hillarious, ugly, etc..

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

OfflineMrBump
Third prize is you're fired
 User Gallery

Loc: Denver, Colorado
Re: Women Issue.. [Re: woleb]
    #3813474 - 02/21/05 08:21 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

woleb said:
Quote:

Psychoactive1984 said:

www.intellectualwhores.com

Welcome to IW-dom. You have my condolances. Just NEXT her, you'll thank yourself in the future for it.

great site bro!

Take Their Quiz Here.

--------------------
If it weren't for the bloody corpses, I wouldn't have any corpses at all.

There are two ways to get to the top of an oak tree: start climbing or sit on an acorn.

Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Re: Women Issue.. [Re: MrBump]
    #3813479 - 02/21/05 08:22 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i failed!

Offlinefrogger25
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: east coast
    #3816570 - 02/22/05 11:34 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

how could you take away from someone else what you desire so much for yourself?

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: Women Issue.. [Re: frogger25]
    #3844515 - 02/27/05 10:39 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Well, short with me still, and still continuting to play games... e.g. acting as if nothing has occured in the past (which in fact I'm more then aware something did).

Wasn't able to be honest with her, due to being in an awkward situation where she states that she has no clue what it is that I'm talking about + she was going to bed. Yet still I didn't recieve the "restraining orders" i.e. don't ever call me again.

/takes an indefinate/infinite vacation from "her"

advice, tips, followup appreciated.. Blunt and utter honesty to make an ass of myself? (Note: I'm positive she's playing games)

No need for the next her "commentary" and the thoughts associated.

Anyone have a book of how to deal with really manipulative women? :laugh:

Call me a fool for pursuing, but I'd rather make an ass out of myself and be done with it, then not know.. and yes, I do like to make a fool of myself. (Testosterone makes one do stupid things  :tongue:)

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

Edited by Psychoactive1984 (02/28/05 08:25 PM)

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: Women Issue.. [Re: frogger25]
    #3844611 - 02/27/05 10:54 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

frogger25 said:
how could you take away from someone else what you desire so much for yourself?

Missed the point, my goal isn't to "steal" and/or bed her (bed in the sense of me wanting to be with her solely for that reason, which isn't the primary reason, If I wanted a woman for sex and just that, I'd get one, aka "Silly rabbit, trix [tricks] are for kids"), just to be honest, and want to know what It was in fact about. What happens of it isn't of great concern, sure would be good to go out with her, but unfortuanatly, someone is a little too afraid to admit that something actually occured in the past, let alone let another express what it was that they thought it was about. (Note: It isn't the one typing this message)

Note, I'm not desperate in any form, just rather decisive as to what type of woman I could get along with. (provided honesty is present). Stupid... perhaps, but I don't like to be with people who are exactly like me, if I wanted that to happen, I'd look in a mirror and flatter/conversate/reiterate my own beliefs and thoughts to myself all day. (I've done it in the past, and it wasn't entertaining  :laugh:)

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

Edited by Psychoactive1984 (02/27/05 11:07 PM)

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #3937926 - 03/18/05 09:58 PM (19 years, 14 days ago)

I said I'd update with the news so here it is... albeit a while after the fact.

Well... we got a woman who can't get beyond her own games, and is unwilling to admit to anything... for whatever reason. Then we have me, who is unwilling to deal with all of this, due to the fact that I don't like to play games, nor fuck around in a relationship. (playing games and lies)

Simply put, shows over... Done with someone who plays games, as I don't wish to be with anyone who is dishonest.

So... I suppose I NEXT'ed her... I suggest to anyone who is in similar position does the same... It isn't worth playing childish games, if someone isn't mature enough to admit to something... :shrug: fuck em' and move on...

Ultimately it makes the most sense, no purpose in being another person's plaything... unless of course you like that.

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3944695 - 03/20/05 03:11 PM (19 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Psychoactive1984 said:
I'm thinking of calling her, and just being full blown honest and to embarass the shit out of myself, and if nothing results from that, I'll move on... And no, finding someone else or forgetting about it is not an option until I've explored this possibility, (even if it isn't)... I'm thinking it has to do with either me being what I was in the past (an addict of "sorts"), and her having full knowledge of that, and/or some sort of trust issue (if not both of the two).

I so relate to this... it is like, i know it would not happen any time in hell! but then gain, i will newer find out before i do it.. but i just don't do it..  so.. its really a "evil circle" one can only break by doing it.. :smile:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: Women Issue.. [Re: Gomp]
    #3959095 - 03/23/05 11:52 AM (19 years, 10 days ago)

:lol: not so much an "Evil Circle" if one doesn't allow themselves to be caught up in bullshit games...

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom