Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEdge
I like plants

Loc: Machu Pichu
burned BRF?
    #3843766 - 02/27/05 08:40 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

ive used the pftek/BRF and verm many times already, but this time my jars (1/2 pint) didnt colonize all the way to the top where the dry verm layer meets the BRF/VERM mix... the BRF and verm that wasnt being colonized looked "cooked" and the uncolonized area felt hard and "gooey". is this cooked brf?

the jars are fine, enough was colonized and they're cold shocking/dunking right now, but im jsut curious about this uncolonized area as to whether or not its cooked brf. it was only at the top and like i said it was a "hard gooey" texture. i pc'ed them at 15 PSI for about 45-50 minutes. i ran a little over my normal time (40 mins) which is why i feel that its cooked. any input would about cooked/burnt brf would be appreciated. thanks.

--------------------
Check Out My "A Report w/ pics and links--FAE, RH, Casings, Cakes, Polyfil, And A Simple Setup And More!"

"For every action there is a reaction; and a Paykie reaction, is quite a fuckin thing"
--Turkish of Snatch

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: burned BRF? [Re: Edge]
    #3843978 - 02/27/05 09:05 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

actualy, it sounds like a bacterial contam, cut that portion away about 1/8-1/4 inch below the bad spot, return it to the jar for a few days and then try fruiting

OfflineEdge
I like plants

Re: burned BRF? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3844003 - 02/27/05 09:10 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

really? thats shitty... there wasn't any weird apple/ass smell though, and the "gooey" part is actually as stiff as a rock. damn if its bacteria that fuckin sucks because its in every single jar... ive never had that happen before.

i believe you know what you're talking about, but i dont think its a bacteria contam because its in all my jars and the syringes were straight from Ralphsters, and i used a P.C. like i said im sure ytou know what youre talking about, the issue is me not being able to describe it too well beacuse ive never seen it before.

--------------------
Check Out My "A Report w/ pics and links--FAE, RH, Casings, Cakes, Polyfil, And A Simple Setup And More!"

"For every action there is a reaction; and a Paykie reaction, is quite a fuckin thing"
--Turkish of Snatch

OfflineEdge
I like plants

#3844023 - 02/27/05 09:12 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

oh, and i tried to cut it away with a fairly sharp.sterile knife where it was fucked up (not below) and it wasnt easy at all to cut through it at all, which is another reason why i think its burnt/cooked.

is it like that when theres a bacteria contam? every time i believe i had one i just threw the cake out.

--------------------

--Turkish of Snatch

OfflineEdge
I like plants

#3844496 - 02/27/05 10:37 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

bump

--------------------

--Turkish of Snatch

Invisiblekorins
Antisocialite

#3844885 - 02/27/05 11:34 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, seems to me the bacterial part should have been fairly easy to cut through. The actual area contaminated likely would be gooey and soft.

OfflineEdge
I like plants

Re: burned BRF? [Re: korins]
    #3844897 - 02/27/05 11:36 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

yea, im thinkin its cooked cus its hard, thanks for the input.

--------------------

--Turkish of Snatch

Invisiblekorins
Antisocialite

#3844916 - 02/27/05 11:41 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Either way though, you may want to just remove it for caution's sake. It's a little hard for me to imagine the top of the substrate getting burned, with the bottom being fine, unless you pc'd your jars upside-down.

OfflineEdge
I like plants

Re: burned BRF? [Re: korins]
    #3844936 - 02/27/05 11:46 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

:lol: positive i didnt pc em upside down... on additional reason why this is fuckin weird. they're dunking/cold shocking right now, so it might make it easier to cut through then.

--------------------

--Turkish of Snatch

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom