Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCreamSoda

A week and a half- only two pins.
    #3844012 - 02/27/05 11:11 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Any one have any sugestions? Its been nearly a week and a half and the cakes only produced two pins, and they are not baby pins they are like young-adult pins as you can tell from teh pictures, does this mean more pins are to follow or that the cakes are bad... I believe this to be B+ strain. My previsous B+ experences were they all grow at the same time, but as of now they have been very slow, upon inspection of the cakes I see no other growth and I dont know what to do..

--------------------
Cheers,
Cream Soda

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Re: A week and a half- only two pins. [Re: CreamSoda]
    #3844031 - 02/27/05 11:13 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

did u dunk?

InvisibleTaskenti
MadPsycho
 Arcade Champion: Bowling

Re: A week and a half- only two pins. [Re: p4kSouL]
    #3844041 - 02/27/05 11:15 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Dude theres green on that. Or am I seeing things?

--------------------
CIVIC IS Mycoshack!! Be careful trading with him!!
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showthreaded.php/Cat/0/Number/5686915/page/0/vc/1

OfflineEdge
I like plants

Loc: Machu Pichu
Re: A week and a half- only two pins. [Re: CreamSoda]
    #3844048 - 02/27/05 11:16 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

your cakes look fine, it just seems like its not a very big flush. usually the more water accessable to the shrooms the bigger/more shrooms you'll have. if you didnt dunk the cakes this time, try that next time and your flush will be much better. also after dunking roll the cakes in dry vermiculite and spray water on em so the verm is wet, that gives more places for pinning to form and also increases your yield by a lot.

--------------------
Check Out My "A Report w/ pics and links--FAE, RH, Casings, Cakes, Polyfil, And A Simple Setup And More!"

"For every action there is a reaction; and a Paykie reaction, is quite a fuckin thing"
--Turkish of Snatch

OfflineEdge
I like plants

Re: A week and a half- only two pins. [Re: Edge]
    #3844070 - 02/27/05 11:18 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

actually upon reflection of the pictures your cakes look a little bit dry and bruised to me, but obviously still fruitable. once this flush is over cold shock and dunk them and you'll probably have a good second flush, just becareful not to handle the mycellium too much or itll bruise more

--------------------
Check Out My "A Report w/ pics and links--FAE, RH, Casings, Cakes, Polyfil, And A Simple Setup And More!"

"For every action there is a reaction; and a Paykie reaction, is quite a fuckin thing"
--Turkish of Snatch

OfflineEnivid
Straight Rollin'

#3844340 - 02/28/05 12:03 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

what's the best way going about dunking them after they are removed from the jars? i've had my cakes in the terrarium for a week now and there are no signs of pinning...never did dunk or cold shock though, new to this

OfflineEdge
I like plants

Re: A week and a half- only two pins. [Re: Enivid]
    #3844480 - 02/28/05 12:34 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

you can still dunk them if they were taken out of the jars. just put them back in and put bottled water in the jars with the cakes, filled to about a centimeter from the top (dont worry about the cakes floating). put the tops of the jars back on and then stick em in the fridge in a plastic bag for 12-24 hours. some people say this can cause contams (the fridge) but ive never had any doing it before, and if you put them in a bag it should be fine. then when the time is up drain the water and put em back in the fruiting chamber. cold shocking usually initiates pinning, dunking gives larger flushes because it maximizes water content.

--------------------

--Turkish of Snatch

OfflineEnivid
Straight Rollin'

#3844633 - 02/28/05 12:56 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

werd...I'll try it out...one concern though, the fact that the jars have been sitting on my kitchen counter for a week. Would running them through the dishwasher and hand washing with anti-bacterial soap suffice as an adequate cleansing? Also Edge, check out a pic of one of my not so healthy looking cakes on my post, "my first cakes...and what is that?!"...tell me what you think.

OfflineEdge
I like plants

Re: A week and a half- only two pins. [Re: Enivid]
    #3844664 - 02/28/05 01:02 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

you can use jars over and over again as much as you like. just handwash with regular dishsoap in hot/warm water and dry. dont worry too much about spores getting in them because millions will, but since your cakes are fully colonized spores usually can't germinate on the mycellium.

however, the next time you start a grow make sure you sterilize the jars and substrate in a pressure cooker or steam them.

oh, and im checking your other post now, look for a response.

--------------------

--Turkish of Snatch

OfflineEnivid
Straight Rollin'

#3844754 - 02/28/05 01:14 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

coolio...not at the point in my myco hobby that i'm having to produce my own jars via pc. I ordered a six jar kit via ebay...gonna try out a myco bag w/substrate next and try to do a casing method. One day I'll have all i need to do it all myself...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation