Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineEdRosarioKid
Stranger
New concept!!!! give me your opinions.
    #3843327 - 02/27/05 09:44 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

well...... I think that i have come up with a new way of aproaching a grow. Heres the idea/concept. you make yourself a casing in a shoebox size sterlite container. Usually it will recede from the sides from a loss of a little bit of moisture. when my did that i started to get side pinning. ver bad correct? well maybe not. here was my theory. If i take out this casing from the shoebox size container and set it directly on the perlite side pinning would not matter. as a matter of fact it might even be good. heres why.

If you were to take out the casing from the container and set it directly on the perlite you increase the growing area on the casing by almost 100 percent :smile:. Now someone told me yesterday that it doesnt matter wether or not they grow on the sides or not cause its all the same nutrients. but i disagree. my theory is that some of the nutrients are not used because they cannot get to the serface. So.... what i did today was....and im very excited about it, Was i took my casing outside of its container and put it onto the perlite. (not as easy as it sounds). I then treated it as if it were a very large cake. So far everything is going very very good  :grin:. Now my side pinning is no longer a haven for rotting and infestation. its an area for additional growth and hopefully better fruits. of course non of this is written in stone.

Im going to continue testing out this theory and if my hypothesis is correct (larger fruits) then i will write out a little tek and faq about it. tell me what you think about it.

Also i dont have a digi camera yet to show you what i mean but i will take pictures with my friends tommorow and show you what i mean. :smile:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: New concept!!!! give me your opinions. [Re: EdRosarioKid]
    #3843358 - 02/27/05 09:48 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

flipping the container upside down and setting the casing on top would be a better idea, direct contact with the perlite could lead to contams, water logged/non fruiting casing or a host of other problems

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #3843364 - 02/27/05 09:48 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

its called a flat cake..

OfflineEdRosarioKid
Stranger
Re: New concept!!!! give me your opinions. [Re: Legoulash]
    #3843378 - 02/27/05 09:50 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

right that exactly what i did. i put it on top of the fruiting container. Flat cake huh. just never heard of anyone else doing it.

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#3843426 - 02/27/05 09:56 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

You should have cased it or just made an outdoor grow, just my .02

But gl

-Gnostic

Invisiblesmellycat
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: New concept!!!! give me your opinions. [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3844013 - 02/27/05 11:11 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

The same side-pinning thing happened to me so I did the same thing (and I too was like "Hey! This is a good idea!") but on retrospect its not that great of an idea...I think I ruined what could have been an awesome casing by turning it into a flat cake. A lot of my pin aborted (perhaps because of handling the cake, water loss, etc).

Perhaps if you dunk the cake (this might be a pain in the ass though) it would be better.

Here's some pics

its thirsty:

Invisiblegodfann1
ME
Male User Gallery

Loc: somewhere this side of oz
    #3844422 - 02/28/05 12:22 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I did kinda the same thing once. I just fliped my casing onto alum. foil then put that on the perlite the folded up the edge of the foil so i could spray water along the edge and it would soak into the casing and it did ok but i prefer to leave them in the foil pans. Thats just my experiance and opinion. Good luck i hope you have good results.

--------------------
Everything in my posts are a figment of your and my imagination. Its all fake so lay off the mushies your seeing things that are not there.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation