Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblepsilocybe cubensis
Blood, guts, andbroken teeth.

Loc: Lost Angels
I'm done with growing and taking mushrooms... *DELETED*
    #384267 - 09/02/01 10:55 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by psilocybe cubensis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShroom Gecko
journeyman

Re: I'm done with growing and taking mushrooms... [Re: psilocybe cubensis]
    #384280 - 09/02/01 11:13 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Mushroom's are all about ego death and clensing the doors of perception. Its done, you have learned alot. Now integrate it into you life. Continue on. When time comes to do it again you'll know. Mushrooms only show you the door, you must walk through it on your own.

Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
    #384295 - 09/02/01 11:39 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

The above post is entirely fictional... bla bla bla ??
Is this included??

Well at some point and time in life we must choose if this is what you want then you are doing the right thing. BUT if you are doing for someone else then rethink your decision.

I value you as more than just a member of this board we have spent a fair amount of time off the BB talking as well.

I hope you will still stick around and share knowledge.

I hope your decisions bring you piece of mind.
(well you know what I mean!)

Dr Bluethumbs Old School Toadstools
----------------------------------------------
LILSHOPOFSPORES
THEHAWKSEYE

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
    #384304 - 09/02/01 11:44 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I think that psychedelics have a limited "learning value" also. I'd say be happy that you had (I'm hoping) some beautiful experiences and that you feel that you've learned something. Put your energy into whatever else in your life needs to be done. Perhaps one day, you'll feel the urge to consume entheogens again. By all means though, of course stick around the message board. My mushy days are long since over, and I don't dex often, but I find it interesting just to see the culture. Perhaps you can continue to contribute to it.

Best wishes

Kid

Re: I'm done with growing and taking mushrooms... *DELETED* [Re: dimitri211]
    #384325 - 09/03/01 12:18 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
    #384358 - 09/03/01 01:15 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

> Kid-

>>but I find it interesting just to see the culture. Perhaps you can continue to contribute to it.

>I will definitely continue... there are others out there who possibly haven't seen what I have and I would like to help show them.

Cool. Well, as long as you're still around that makes me feel your decision to stop tripping is irrelevant for the community. Don't take this as though I'm saying your post is useless, it was just that I got a feeling that you expected perhaps some sad replies from your post (correct me if I'm wrong).

I look at myself. I haven't done shrooms in over 6 months or acid in over a year now. Haven't smoked pot in a few months. I don't dex regularly. I'm still here. Despite some of my incredibly offensive posts I still like to think that at least some useful information is exchanged because of me.

You will feel the same way, no doubt. I think most drug use comes to an end. I'll always be nostalgic for my heavy drug days. I'll always be curious about psychedelics. I'll always want to use psychedelics, but I've got other stuff in my life now. I can't afford the time and energy.

Bleh, I'm rambling.

Anyway, I'm curious, what was it that made you decide you were done? Was it a long series of events until one day you decided to stop fighting it and know it was time to stop? or was it very sudden?

OfflinePhyl
old hand
Loc: United Kingdom
    #384371 - 09/03/01 01:59 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Hi PC. If this feels right to you, then it's the right thing to do. It's good that you are not to burning your bridges and writing off shrooms off forever, as once the door is closed it can be difficult to open again.

I went through a similar period a while ago, and spent a lot of time thinking about the place of entheogens in my life. I eventually realised that from a spiritual/learning point of view the integratation of your experiences into your ego is even more valuable than the experiences themselves. At the time I was using entheogens very much for fun as well as the insights they offered, and wasn't offering the plants/fungi the respect they deserve. It's all well and good to trip and have spiritual/learning experiences, but you then need to take time out to learn from these experiences and relate them to yourself and your life.

I now only trip a few times each year (Probably 4 or 5), but always aim for high level experiences. I find that I can learn a lot more in this way.

I don't think it's nescesarilly true that shrooms can only take you so far, but I think that once you reach a certain point the shrooms demand to be treated in a certain way if they are to continue teaching.

Glad to hear you'll be stickng around, whatever you decide is the right path to take.

Take care

OfflineTengu
journeyman
    #384446 - 09/03/01 04:19 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

You are right, you dont need to take shrooms anymore as long as they cant show you new things(or you cant use their visions now). if you feel so, stop them. but please make sure that you can allways reverse your decision. nothing is for ever, right.
if you think the cultivation is a nice hobby then why dont you continue it? i love to care for my litle plants and fungi. even without ingesting them it makes you feel fine to see them grow healthy.
perhaps one last thought. as long as cultivation of whatever is only a hobby you should have no problem doing it while your focus of your life is on other things. drugs shouldnt fill your life, just enhace it. (i hope i didnt understand you wrong)

Re: I'm done with growing and taking mushrooms... *DELETED* [Re: Tengu]
    #384489 - 09/03/01 06:14 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
    #384494 - 09/03/01 06:39 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

If you look hard enough, you'll find something in school that is as interesting as mushrooms. It's there. Look for it.

InvisibleMy Third Eye
old hand

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I'm done with growing and taking mushrooms... [Re: Kid]
    #384531 - 09/03/01 09:00 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

i do think that entheogens can only take you so far..ones mind has a limited capacity here on earth..and it is good to get away from trippin for a while..but i think entheogens are necessary for keeping your spirituality at its peek..i like to leave them alone for a while..i quit trippin for like 3 years and then i decided to eat some blotter at a camp out..i felt like was at home again..it was so nice..then i started doin mushrooms and finally growing them..its not good to trip all of the time because then it starts to be one of those things that you are so familiar with that you dont need it anymore..but if you just quit for a while and then come back..i think that youll see what im talkin about..i think youll be back (=

The light that fueled our fire then has burned a hole between us so
We cannot see to reach an end crippling our communication

--------------------
suddenly a flaming stealth banana split the sky
like one would hope but never really expect
to see in a place like this.
Cutting right angle donuts on a dime
and stopping right at my Birkenstocks,
and me yelping...Holy fucking shit!

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
    #385123 - 09/03/01 11:39 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I think entheogens can only take you as far as you want to go with them. The possibilities are endless when it comes to the things you can learn from them. But the thing that matters is that you learn what you need to know to help you in life. Many people find self discovery through entheogens as well as meaning to their life and the universe. For many this is all they seek. And when they find this there is no need for further use of entheogens.

I don't know if I will ever stop using, although I have slowed greatly in frequency from almost daily to once or twice a year. I do know that if I ever do stop completely, the knowledge and peace of mind that I have been helped to find, will always stay an intrigal part of my life. I still like growing and probably always will, not necessarily to trip, but just because I've always been a gardener, from veggies and herbs to trees, and fungi. I'm glad you'll still be sticking around.

For supplies: Dr Bluethumb
For spores: FSR

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

Offlinefresh357
addict

Re: I'm done with growing and taking mushrooms... [Re: jonnyshaggs420]
    #385130 - 09/03/01 11:47 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

good for you PC...just say no
the rest of us will keep saying yes

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
    #385137 - 09/04/01 12:01 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I know where you are coming from. (' allways hated that expression ;) ...) I too had somewhat religious expreinces shrooming a few years ago. I had some well needed "reality attacks". I discovered that there was so much more that I could do with my life. I discovered that who I thought were my closest friends really were not. It was very painfull but the trips helped to force me to get a real job, a real life and to quit makeing excusses for myself. I went years without the need to "trip". And even now, it's nothing that I want to do very often. But I do belive that our body/soul speaks to us. We know thru experience if we need to trip or not. I belive that there are times that a good trip can help us understand what is really going on in our lifes. Thats nothing like what hard narcotics do to people.

Just dont forget the lessons that you have learned. If tripping has allowed you to see how to better yourself then you have got all that you can from it.

Take care,
Jammer

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Re: I'm done with growing and taking mushrooms... *DELETED* [Re: Jammer]
    #385233 - 09/04/01 02:49 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

InvisibleCLuB99
lost somewhere in time and space
Male User Gallery

Loc: my mind
    #386187 - 09/05/01 09:15 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

i wish you the best buddy....take care of you and good luck!
(hey...contact me.....i'd like to chat with you a little...you know...we own a site etc...)

IL_FUNGO_SACRO la coltivazione, gli enteogeni, in italiano
Support the FSR

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #386209 - 09/05/01 09:46 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

If you use entheogens as tools, then yes they can only take you so far. Any tool can only take you so far and only help you to a certain degree. In the end it is up to you and you alone to finish the journey.

I gotta say, pc, that your post is inspirational to me. Thank you.

-----------------------
"Our culture's defined by the ones least defined..." -- The Offspring

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineMANNALORD
Vagabond Ninjafor Hire
Loc: F- R
Re: I'm done with growing and taking mushrooms... [Re: trendal]
    #386653 - 09/05/01 10:45 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

your training is complete, my brother, now walk through that door you have been shown! and continue on your journey, through the strange world of LIFE......

i wish luck to you.

somehow, my thoughts are more insane than the mind they spawn from

--------------------
Live and Die in FALL RIVER

Anonymous

#386705 - 09/06/01 12:03 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

BUMMER.

Invisibleshroom-girlie
addict
Loc: California
Re: I'm done with growing and taking mushrooms... [Re: ]
    #386747 - 09/06/01 12:58 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

:(

"Express yourself completely then become quiet."

--------------------

"Express yourself completely then become quiet."

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck