Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
major life changes
    #3843219 - 02/27/05 09:26 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I was wondering if anyone had a story to tell of a dramatic change in your lifestyle. Maybe a shocking event that changed you overnight, or just gradual determination towards something more for yourself ?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleNariusFractal
Sat Chit Ananda
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: major life changes [Re: Grav]
    #3843851 - 02/27/05 10:49 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

The past year or so has been major for me...
I am graduating university in May, so I'm looking for a position society that fits me.  Naturally I'm stressed.  I also picked up a DUI in November, and the trial is still going on. 

This was a huge change for me.  I no longer have a vehicle and must commute everywhere on bike.  I also have to deal with getting a job witha  criminal record and the emberassment of a dui. 

So basically, in a few months I will be without vehicle, without financial support other than my own, and with a lot more responsibility than I have ever had.  I'm a little nervous :smile:

--------------------
You are the microcosm of the macrocosm.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: major life changes [Re: NariusFractal]
    #3843942 - 02/27/05 10:59 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I once dropped a 5 case a week beer habit, left a dead end job where I felt useless,(that paid well) while supporting a family, and adopted a new paradigm for life all at once. Life is continual change and we must reinvent ourselves daily to keep up.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3844266 - 02/27/05 11:47 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I had one besides becoming a parent that is related to a lot of the detachment discussion that goes on here.

I was living the good life in paradise, in the U.S. Virgin Islands. It was a dream come true, living my ideal. I was loving life and thought I had it made in the shade.

Then a hurricane came and in the course of one evening, it was gone.

To be in so much fear you may die I was that night, so much you just go silent grasping to every added moment wondering if its your last. It was the last for hundreds on that tiny island that night. Being able to say "I am alive" means something having had to seriously contemplate an actual threat of death you are being faced with and are helpless within.

The noise and shaking of the steal and concrete building I was in seemed as if 10,000 furious demons were trying to break their way in and crush and suck me away. It was so scary.

I learned a neat trick that night to deal with fear and it was to become what it was I feared. The only thing that helped to ease the vulnerability I felt was for me, in my mind, to become the wind. I felt its power and speed as my own and what I could do hurling cars into buildings and yanking trees from the earth, what a rush.

I realized that once I made something a part of myself, then I was in control after all and no longer had something to fear. The hurricane winds and I were one and I wasn't going to destroy myself, as in my mind, I became the destroyer.

I inadvertently learned the power of oneness, being "at one with all" at-one-ment atonement that night.

Its my theory from experience now that the more one lives in separation the more one lives in fear. Make everything apart of yourself and then there is nothing a part from you to fear as a threat.

Next I had to deal with loosing my awesome job, my awesome friends, my awesome condo and my awesome island home and way of life as I said my goodbyes to what was left and leaving and then left myself.

I learned how freaking painful the loss of so many ego attachments could be. That was some hard core shock, denial, anger and loss to deal with and I never will be able to set myself up for that experience again if I tried.

I've never been the same since.  All of the bonds I enjoy experiencing now are in and with spirit, the spirit in all I am eternally one with. In a way, who I was in the illusion died with the hurricane, and after that is when my journey in awareness of my spirit self and in all things really began.

A lot of good and new life came out of something that first appeared absolutely devastating to me. :heart: It was a major life changing event for me, happened 10 years ago this Sept. Thought I would share it since you asked. Why did you ask such a question anyway? I'm wondering what your inspiration was.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: major life changes [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3844297 - 02/27/05 11:51 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Often a disadvantage can be turned around. Change is not always bad...or good...it is just change...make of it what you will. Good story.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Offlinesoulmotion
Professor
 User Gallery

Loc: Jumanji
Re: major life changes [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3844464 - 02/28/05 12:32 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Jiggy, thanks for sharing that story!  :smile:

I've had some major life changes (major for me anyway), but never anything like what you described Jiggy; I revere your 'seasoned' wisdom.    :bow: (I mean that genuinely)

InvisibleKackleDude
transmundaneother

Loc: Close to the Edge, Down b...
    #3844944 - 02/28/05 01:47 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I, as many of us are, am in a transitory period in life right now. last fall i left the small town I grew up in and knew everybody in my age group to come to college as my dad was dying of cancer. I left even though I knew my dad didn't have much time left because i knew he didn't want to hold me there, and he really didn't want his cancer to do so. week two of classes he left for the ultimate trip and.. and after a week of contemplation back home i returned to college here to find love and lose it shortly thereafter. such loss in such a brief and intense period of time.. i'm still coming down from last fall, living in a 6x9 dorm room with no kitchen and a single friend i really feel i 'connect' with on campus; the girl loved and lost, actually. I'm still in the process of grasping life by the handles and bringing about major internal change, development is coming slowly but surely. It is difficult, with such cramped physical conditions it's seeming difficult to avoid cramped mental situations. Artistically i'm struggling to find inspiration. life is frustrating me recently and I'm working to overcome that frustration. Moving into an apt. type dorm next quarter (a few weeks) and sense change on the horizon with the season.
thanks for letting me spew that all here, there are few recepticles for such thought (or so it seems as of late)

interesting and empowering story, jiggy, thank you.

--------------------
yeeeahh, it's gonna be well wicked

OfflineCeeThruMeer
Aztek GoatBecoming Eagle

Loc: BC, Canada
Re: major life changes [Re: soulmotion]
    #3845010 - 02/28/05 02:00 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Between the summer of Grade 10 and Grade 11 is when I changed most in my life (keep in mind, I am quite young compared to most of you... and am still in high school)

I have yet to fully understand what exactly led to my change... I know of quite a few little factors... but haven't pasted it all together in my own mind yet.

The summer before... and during Grade 10... I was the bass player in a ska/punk band... I was already somewhat of a philosopher compared to alot of kids my age... and quite an open minded person... but those are the two main similarities to how I am now...

About half way through Grade 10... this kid named Paul joined out band... we started developing a friendship... meanwhile, my best friend Isaac (who was also part of the band... and who has some fucked up personal issues) was just starting a serious relationship with a girl... and inevitably (due to the kind of person he is)... I was bumped out of the equation for him... which in turn led to me further developing my friendship with Paul... who seemed to be a really interesting person. Well... I am not gonna go into the full details... but basically our band started spiraling downward at this point.... and within a couple of months we were done... broken up... I started changing my circle of friends... and my interests... Paul introduced me to marijuana usage... which I indulge in from time to time... and I am convinced had a role in changing me. I also became much more aware of spirituality... love... positivity... philosophy... and understanding.

Basically I went from being a punk-rock loving... somewhat thoughtful... somewhat friendly person who was mostly interested in stuff such as Family Guy (The TV show)... the music I liked... the music I played.. and having a good time... and had little tolerance for people who were interested in drugs (and other things I didn't "approve" of)....

to a person pursuing a path of spirituality, love, understanding (of life in general), acceptance, and true inner happiness... who smokes pot once in awhile... doses with mushrooms or LSD once in awhile (after being quoted saying "I might smoke pot a bit... but I will never get into that shit like shrooms or acid")... and one who is much more open minded than once imagined (and realizing that 2 years down the road I could be saying the same thing).... or as some of my older friends who knew me before my transition, and who tend to be a little immature say... "He's fucking weird now... fuckin hippie" :p

This change occurred over the summer between 10th and 11th grade.... and is still occurring to this day as I meet more people and am exposed to more information.... and most likely will never stop occurring.

This may not be very interesting as I imagine alot of people go through somewhat dramatic change around their high school years.... but hey... it interests me

--------------------
"my old friend told me
to do well always
set your sails, open
ride your waves, flowing
just relax, sober
leave you past, it's over
bind two hands, stronger
my soul waits, forward" - Arjun and Guardians

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD