Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
memory flashes
    #3843149 - 02/27/05 09:17 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

This has little to do with spirituality or phylosophy, but it is psychology and it's personal, and it's strange as a mental experience so I thought I'd share it here.

For a long time I've had these strange experiences that became a few times more frequent in the last few months than ever before.

It feels like a deja vu, but it isn't.
In fact it does not make any sense at all, but it does happen.

Here is the pattern:
I think about certain stuff (usually simple things like calculating or thinking about something I've read or something), and as my thoughts evolve, suddenly I get this flash of memory that gives me the feeling that I've been in this situation thinking the exact same thing and there was some kind of a moment going on around that thought, like a dialog with someone, or a group laugh about something etc.

But then I try to track down that feeling, and it does bring me somewhere, but it has nothing to do with what I was thinking at the time of the flashback.

Here is an example tha happened a few minutes ago:
I was reading something about IIR guided missiles, and was thinking about the whole process of heat seeking etc, and suddenly the deja vu feeling connected this with some kind of dialog I had with my parents while I was still in highschool. For a moment I remembered what was the dialog about, and I'm pretty sure that It had nothing to do with infrared cameras :smile:

And now a few minutes later when I writte this I forgot where the flash has led me in my memory. I remember only as if someone described the memory to me, yet I do not experience it.

It's like a internet popup that jumps out of my deepest memory engrams that I have forgotten about.

I wonder how come my brain made a memory connection between IIR weapons and some kind of humurous comment my parents gave me about something in highschool.

It's not just a random thought, it's a whole experience of being there once before, a real deja vu feeling, but comming from actual memories from life, and having nothing to do with the present thoughts. But it's a powerfull feeling that makes me stop and think about it for a whole minute, wondering what just happened.

A brain is a misterious place to live in (or to be, whatever is true), isn't it?

p.s. anyone ever experienced such a thing? Like thinking about
cooking and having a flashback vision to a moment of life that has nothing to do with cooking, yet it feels like it has everything to do with cooking

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: memory flashes [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #3844016 - 02/27/05 11:11 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, sometimes I get taken back to a memory from something completely unrelated with a slight Deja-Vu feeling. I get reminded of something in my actual memory, but has nothing to do with what triggerred my memory. This does not happen too often and I have no explanation for it.

--------------------
Agent 727

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology