Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblewishcouldeletethis
Female User Gallery

Loc: georgia
If You Don't Believe in UFO's then Please do NOT bother To Respond *DELETED*
    #3842664 - 02/27/05 07:40 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by wishcouldeletethis

Reason for deletion: k

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
Re: If You Don't Believe in UFO's then Please do NOT bother To Respond [Re: wishcouldeletethis]
    #3842767 - 02/27/05 08:02 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

WoW, that's a lot of words - as a whole....  :wink:

I believe that anything is possible, so UFO's would be possible....  I however have never seen one 1st hand....

A few ironic things to note....    I don't know if the mass sitings started happening after the beginning days of science fiction, or around the days of Orson Well's radio broadcast that scared the world ("War of the Worlds")....  It is also a mysterious subject for one to explore the Egyptian culture and relics and such.... 

One thing that seems to be strange about the whole thing is that as we all spread onto the surface of this earth in;  numbers, technology, and surface area, and as people start all owning video cameras and such, it *seems* as though there are less and less stories and sightings....  Or perhaps I have just not been aware to the present day stories....? 

Plus there are more people creating hoaxes and such for a claim to fame, and that itself seems to cause much confusion....  It is really hard to tell what is real and what is not....  But, what is not possible....?

Everything is based one's own perception, so who would anybody be to disclaim what another person believes he has seen....?  :shrug:

Perhaps someday I will see something like this and be mystified along with the others....

ME....

:sun:

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: If You Don't Believe in UFO's then Please do NOT bother To Respond [Re: wishcouldeletethis]
    #3842924 - 02/27/05 08:30 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Wow, that may be the longest runon sentence in history. I may come back later and run it through a text editor so I can read it, but right now it's too much to tackle. Sorry.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Invisiblewishcouldeletethis
Female User Gallery

Loc: georgia
Re: If You Don't Believe in UFO's then Please do NOT bother To Respond *DELETED* [Re: Jellric]
    #3842953 - 02/27/05 08:37 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by wishcouldeletethis

Reason for deletion: k

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3843982 - 02/27/05 11:06 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I believe in UFOs so I will respond. A UFO is an unidentified flying object...not a spaceship. I do not believe aliens are visiting our world, however.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: If You Don't Believe in UFO's then Please do NOT bother To Respond [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3844195 - 02/27/05 11:35 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

The UFO's are not neccessarily extra terrestrial, but that doesn't mean there is an explanation.

It could be that there are aliens with technology beyond that of ours. There is life here, why not elsewhere? If we can go to the moon, why can't they come here? Also, science has not explained many things, this does not make everything outside of scientific fact untrue.

It sounds like something is going on out in that part of the world, puritybinge. Perhaps they aren't spacecrafts, but living things. Perhaps they are aliens. Anything is possible.

--------------------
Agent 727

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
    #3845221 - 02/28/05 03:27 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

your story gave me fuckin crazy chills, congrats. (please use some paragraphs next time.)

so what's your conclusion? is it really 'little green men' from far far away, little shrunken humanoids who exist physically, like us, and abduct some of us to anally probe?

some other conclusions could be: they are manifestations of your imagination/parts of your psyche; they are manifestations of the Collective Unconscious; they are Beings or Entities from other dimensions, and you see them as space ships because you have to see them as something and for whatever reason that's how you see them... man, that doesn't explain the mass-hypnosis aspect. and that your brother sees them too, but not other people. fuck man, that's crazy! why don't I see shit like that?

they don't seem to need to obey the laws of physics as we know them... that's why I don't think they are literally physical 'little green men' in nuclear-powered space cruisers et cetera.

I don't know, then that whole part about your final showdown... that's cool, you showed them up or something..? do you think they planted some device inside your ribcage? do you think you could reinitiate contact with them if you sort of mentally reached out to them or something?

do you think everybody has UFOs zipping all around them, and you are special because you are able to see them; or it it that you are special because UFOs only zip around you and not other people so much?

shit man, crazy...

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #3845506 - 02/28/05 06:30 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

One word: paragraph

Learn it... use it...

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlineivi
 User Gallery

Re: If You Don't Believe in UFO's then Please do NOT bother To Respond [Re: MAGnum]
    #3845956 - 02/28/05 11:36 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I have seen an unidentified flying object as well, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't a spacecraft :smirk:

Here, I found the thread. Check it out if You're interested in another manifestation of the mysterious powers of mother Nature.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=chillout&Number=3138204

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: If You Don't Believe in UFO's then Please do NOT bother To Respond [Re: ivi]
    #3846434 - 02/28/05 01:54 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

> I have seen an unidentified flying object as well, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't a spacecraft

Having lived next to an air-force base that houses stealth bombers while in college, I too have seen some extremly strange unidentified flying objects, not to mention some very odd sounds. I suspect the sounds that I have heard, and UFOs that I have seen, are related to the air force and not extraplasmoidical aliens from the twenty-third incarnation of Zaphod's fifth inverted sphere.

Not to say that I don't believe in alien UFO's... but I find the probability of their existance overlapping my existance in time and location, given the size and age of the universe, to be pretty close to zero.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #3847900 - 02/28/05 06:56 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i've never seen an alien spacecraft or ufo for that matter but i did have a very strange incident of sleep paralysis (i believe it was sleep paralysis because i've had it twice while on a percocet prescription and only once after that). anyways, it involves an alien so i'll go ahead and tell.

i'm in my room and i wake up in the middle of the night. there was what i thought was a flashlight beam moving side to side under my doorway coming from the hallway. i sat up a little, to get a good look, thinking it was my parents or a sibling moving about and not wanting to turn on a hallway light so they wouldn't wake anybody up.

suddenly my door busts open and an alien (resembling the classic grey), around 4 feet tall runs into the room, light flashing and moving erraticly at the foot of my bed, side to side. i'm absolutely paralized, unable to move or attempt to fight if something were to happen. i'm seeing my room as it is at night and the alien as if it were really happening. goosebumps flash over the entirety of my body, conecntrating themselves at the top of my head, my stomach shrinks and my heart drops.

the alien darts from the foot of my bed to my left bedside and i guess that i woke up at that instant (any more fear felt probably would have killed me). i immediately loose paralysis and throw my whole body under the covers, heart pounding, electricy racing through me. i stayed like that for a minute or so, freaking out, until i realized that i had a keyboard stand pretty much blocking the path of the alien if he was trying to get to my left bedside. i realized that the keyboard would have gotten knocked off the stand and i didn't remember that part from the dream and it was knocked off in reality.

i was still extrememly terrified, probably the most terrified i've ever been in a dream or reality, but hey...as long as we're on topic i'd like to share my only experience of an alien, even if it was a dream.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Edited by TODAY (02/28/05 06:57 PM)

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #3848137 - 02/28/05 07:37 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

What strikes me here my friend,
is somebody on the other side of the planet,
has had experiences very similar to my own.

When you talk about the spaceship / craft hovering over the house by the trees, this is exactly like my first and best experience of what I now suspect to be alien craft.

Maybe the mountain near where you live is involved.  Its possible theres a base of somekind in the mountain.  Just an idea! :wink:

--------------------

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: If You Don't Believe in UFO's then Please do NOT bother To Respond [Re: TODAY]
    #3848206 - 02/28/05 07:45 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Today,

If it was just a bad dream, how did your keyboard really end up getting knocked off the stand?

How did you reason that away if I can ask?

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Re: If You Don't Believe in UFO's then Please do NOT bother To Respond [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3848309 - 02/28/05 08:02 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Zekebomb said:
do you think everybody has UFOs zipping all around them, and you are special because you are able to see them; or it it that you are special because UFOs only zip around you and not other people so much?

I think its possible that this part of the world is more active, i.e Theres government or alien anti-gravity discs being flown in his location.

But theres nothing special about it, anybody can see them, my friends did when I saw one. We all knew it was there straight away and we all deemed it as 'totally unexplainable'.

If you want to see them then you need to increase your chances by looking at the sky more! Summers coming up, try going out 2 or 3 times a week to somewhere where theres little light pollution. I have found from midnight onwards you tend to get more chance of seeing something, I have seen loads of 'stars' doing the crazy stuff like shooting off then stopping and going off at another direction. Sometimes theres more than 1 and they sometimes interact with one another.

Its unexplainable stuff. As for seeing a craft close up, that is luck but I would of thought you have a reasonable chance as many, many people have reported seeing craft close-up, all over the world. One thing I've noticed is, I think they prefer villages to towns/cities.

I also wonder why nobodies yet to get a good photograph but theres several factors that would account for this. Firstly the sightings / encounters don't usually last that long (getting the camera set up and in focus takes time!). Secondly it is often impossible to focus a retail camera or video cam on the sky if there are street lights / house lights about!

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: If You Don't Believe in UFO's then Please do NOT bother To Respond [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3848723 - 02/28/05 09:25 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

gettinjiggy, i said that i thought it was just a dream because my keyboard didn't get knocked off the stand when i looked around my room after i woke up, and i didn't recall a crashing sound or something when the alien moved to the side of my bed.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #3848726 - 02/28/05 09:26 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

You do not express yourself very well.

I find it incredible that you do not keep a camera on you at all times, given your history.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: If You Don't Believe in UFO's then Please do NOT bother To Respond [Re: TODAY]
    #3848806 - 02/28/05 09:36 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Go back and read what you wrote. I re read 5 times before I replied to make sure it was what you were saying and you said "and it was knocked off in reality."

maybe you meant to say it was NOT knocked off in which case my question becomes null and void.  :wink: Maybe go back and add the NOT if thats what you meant.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: If You Don't Believe in UFO's then Please do NOT bother To Respond [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3848824 - 02/28/05 09:39 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

"I find it incredible that you do not keep a camera on you at all times, given your history. "

Excellent point...I know I would.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #3849679 - 03/01/05 12:57 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I think it was knowing the existence of a keyboard stand that made him realize it was just a dream, because the path the alien took would have knocked the keyboard stand over. Since reality contradicted this, he made a logical conclusion that justified the non-extence of the alien.

I think anyone who trips should know how to do this.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: If You Don't Believe in UFO's then Please do NOT bother To Respond [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #3849742 - 03/01/05 01:18 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I agree. He wrote that the keyboard WAS knocked over in reality. Thats why I asked what I did. Then he came back to say that he meant to say it wasn't so that renders my question nul and void. Having made his correction, I understand how he reasoned the whole episode to be just a scary wild bad dream.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology