Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Peruvian Torch, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Peyote
    #3842512 - 02/27/05 07:05 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Just wondering is there a way of growing peyote quicker by optimising its conditions?

How long does it take, from seed, to grow a tennis ball sized mini-beast? :grin:

Are the seeds sensitive or will they last a long time like MJ seed?

Would a 2-3 cm peyote have any effect at all, if consumed?

Can anyone pm me a website with cheap peyote.

Many Thanks for any help clearing up my peyote questions!

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
Re: Peyote [Re: Ego Death]
    #3842542 - 02/27/05 07:12 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Peyote is grown by hobbyists for ornamental values and from seed to tennis ball size could take 5-10+ years. Many people find raising cacti from seed to be a difficult task which requires much patience.

If you are just interested in harvesting the drug then I would suggest a San Pedro, which can grow a dose in 1-2 years.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3842564 - 02/27/05 07:16 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

If you want to grow them faster, you can try grafting to a fast growing columnar cacti, like Pedro. However, there is speculation as to whether or not alkaloids are produced in significant amounts when grafted. I really do not know but I'm sure others might.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlinejben
Don't panic, it's organic
 User Gallery
Re: Peyote [Re: gdman]
    #3842696 - 02/27/05 07:49 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

well, grafting, then you have to go back to planting it because while its growing big fast it doesnt get the alkaloids in it.

--------------------
Don't panic, it's organic!

Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

#3842804 - 02/27/05 08:07 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

If you only want the drug is produces, stick to another cactus. No, a 2-3cm peyote won't have any effect (or very very little effect to the point where it isn't even noticeable). The only way to truly speed up growth is by grafting, and most likely the alkaloid produce is slowed down significantly since the root stock does most of the work and since the growth is so rapid. Peyote usually have a good amount of mescaline in them at about 10 years old. I would just stick to something else.

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Re: Peyote [Re: theocean06]
    #3843031 - 02/27/05 08:57 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

With grafting you should have a nice collection in 2-3 years. If you feel your might be missing out from the rapid growth you can always degraft for a year or so before harvesting. Then compare with other buttons straight off a graft and eventually one seed grown ungrafted.

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA, USA Flag
Re: Peyote [Re: Gr0wer]
    #3844756 - 02/28/05 01:15 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Tons of other psycoactive cacti besides peyote... yet peyote has the strongest level so whatever (most popular or well known).

costa mesa in new mexico has some nice seeds for cheap of all cacti, including psycoactive cacti. All one has todo is venture to erowid or some other site to find out that all lophoria species either contain mescaline or something else that gets you high. As well the tubericus species, arcipurios retus is my favorite. Lophoria has pretty flowers thou.

--------------------
ABSTRACT ART (Mine) http://nathanbelomy.com

OfflineEkstaza
stranger thanmost
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Peyote [Re: theocean06]
    #3849154 - 02/28/05 11:02 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

While is reasonable that a grafted cactus growing faster on a columnar cactus might have less alkaloids than a peyote grown naturally of the same size, it will still produce more alkaloids faster.than the natural cactus. The alkaloids are produced in the skin of the grafted cactus and growth is determined by the host plant. Alkaloid production should be at the same rate in grafted cacti as naturally grown cacti once the cactus reaches adulthood.

So, once you start to witness pupping, or buttons growing from the graft, the cactus should be producing alkaloids at the same rate that a natural specimen would. It will still take several years to get to the point of being ready to harvest, but by grafting , you can increase the rate at which you reach the adult stage of your cactus' life.

Rooting the peyote back to it's own roots will only serve to slow down growth for a while before allowing it to begin to produce more alkaloids. I would just cut buttons from the grafted cacti. They will be more potent than a trichocereous and also contain the other synergistic compounds that peyote produces.

If you only want to experience mescalito, then just get some peruvian torch and go to town.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineGNIOM1498
Death Cup
 User Gallery

Loc: My home is where my spiri...
Re: Peyote [Re: Ekstaza]
    #3849285 - 02/28/05 11:33 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

ya agreed with above post but eating that shit is awful i could hardly get 20 dried grms down. I figured best bet to do 50+ grms id powder and mix with apple sauce not to bad a lot better then just eating it. GROSS. extract proved to be shitty in winter don't do it in winter god that was a waste and if u do decide to do extract do a practice small run, not like me that fucked up doing 8lbs with acetic acid to yield so so shitty results. but just noticing u being in the UK u can get mature peyote. hmm how lucky u are ..........bastard....lol joking a mature peyote will be insanely expensive.

--------------------

----ALL MY POSTS ARE FICTIONAL-------

OfflineEkstaza
stranger thanmost
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Peyote [Re: GNIOM1498]
    #3854402 - 03/01/05 11:01 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

GNIOM1498 said:
.... fucked up doing 8lbs with acetic acid to yield so so shitty results......

A bad idea any time of the year. For a proper TEK from The Nook for better results.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Peruvian Torch, San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden