Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Aquarium Heater, Hygrometer, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineFINITE1
Stranger in aStrange Land
Long way off but.....
    #3840616 - 02/27/05 11:39 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I was wondering if this would be a good set up for fruiting. I have two medium sized styrofoam coolers which fit side by side in a large Rubbermaid tub. The tub is deep enough that with the coolers sitting in there the lid of the tub can be easily placed on and the lids of the coolers would be left off. What I plan on doing is using the coolers for fruiting the casings. They are just the right size "floor space" wise. They are a little deep though but wouldn't place more than the suggested depth of substrate. Would the depth of the coolers be an issue for the casing? I don't really see why it would be but figured I should ask. Also would the styrofoam be a problem? I could line the bottom of the coolers with tin foil. Any problems anyone can see with this set up? Not placing anything in with water (hydroton or Verm.) at bottom of tub to retain moisture. Will be adding some h2o2 in water though and using an aquarium heater with temp dial to maintain temp. Without something to hold in water it my evaporate pretty quickly so I'll just have to replace whats lost a couple times a day. With this set up should I really need to mist at all. Getting a digital Hygrometer today. Well anyways this wont matter for a couple few weeks, input is appreciated though.

--------------------
I was there at the last concert in Chicago, Soldier Field actually. It was my first concert experience and the best time I have ever had. Little did I know it would be the last time I would see them play.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Long way off but..... [Re: FINITE1]
    #3840670 - 02/27/05 12:01 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

you'd be much better off with the tub and the perlite, everything else would be fairly pointless for fruiting

OfflineFINITE1
Stranger in aStrange Land
Re: Long way off but..... [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3849658 - 03/01/05 12:46 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Not sure why you say everything else would be pointless. I mean the fruiting chamber is quite important and if the way I said I would be setting up isn't a good way or something then I would like to know. Anyone else care to make suggestions?

--------------------
I was there at the last concert in Chicago, Soldier Field actually. It was my first concert experience and the best time I have ever had. Little did I know it would be the last time I would see them play.

OfflineShroomGuy86
Shroooooooooooooooom

Loc: MycVille
- [Re: FINITE1]
    #3850206 - 03/01/05 03:00 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

-

--------------------
"I put Lamborghini doors on that Es-co-lade
Low pro so low look like I'm riding on blades" - 50 Cent

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Aquarium Heater, Hygrometer, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation