Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblespidercid
ComtuputerSoftwareProgramer

Loc: FL, USA<
Are you stoned when you come to S&P
    #3840531 - 02/27/05 10:49 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Does the herb get you closer to god or
lung cancer?
Have you ever smoked pot?
You may choose 2
yes
no
Is pot your Religion
You may choose 2
yes
no
weed makes you dumb

Votes accepted from (02/27/05 10:46 AM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll | Filter by response

--------------------
Many of the faults you see in others, dear reader, are your own nature reflected in them. As the Prophet said, 'The faithful are mirrors to one another'.

http://img192.exs.cx/img192/1601/getimg3is.gif

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Are you stoned when you come to S&P [Re: spidercid]
    #3840539 - 02/27/05 10:57 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

PQ: does weed make you think of 'deep' stuff?
PA: no

'You' think of stuff like that all the time.
But when you stoned, you realize it :P

Because you so fucked up, you can not think of anything you don?t already know all about..

Hence.. Weed make you think less, and return to basic, more than it gets you thinking going, or make you an artist.. 

You realize, you?re to fucked to make something up, your making stuff out without knowing it (so you in a twisted way don?t have to make anything up, to think)..

Nah, whatever :wink:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Edited by Gomp (02/27/05 10:58 AM)

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: Are you stoned when you come to S&P [Re: Gomp]
    #3841012 - 02/27/05 01:59 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

weed makes me think deeper than no weed
what sux is that i forget most of what i think about  :frown:

oh and sipercid, your poll sux, sorry to say

--------------------

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
Re: Are you stoned when you come to S&P [Re: exclusive58]
    #3841241 - 02/27/05 02:56 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

If I smoked pot before I started reading the stuff here at S&P, I would be void of thought in a response - as I would literally sit and stare at the screen and get lost in time....  When I decide to *USE* weed as a tool, it is used to clear my mind of *all* thought so as I can play my guitar in a state that is void of thought....  At that point in time, I can *FEEL* the emotions of the music that I am creating in a MUCH better way of my perception, and it helps me to paint the canvas that is creation of tonal vibrations ringing throughout the universe....  Or perhaps just in my basement....  :wink:

ME....

:sun:

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: Are you stoned when you come to S&P [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3841283 - 02/27/05 03:04 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

nice  :thumbup:, sounds like wonderful moments you have spent in the company of MJ

when i'm here on the shroomery while being stoned, i can usually understand things on a deeper level or just in a shifted way, and therefore my posts can be of a little better quality than normaly.. for example it happens that i don't completely understand some posts when i read them sober, but when i reread them when stoned and i get what the meaning of the post is.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #3842783 - 02/27/05 08:05 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

It's usually the only time I come to S&P, really makes me think of some crazy shit to write on here that I later look at and realize wasn't that crazy.

It definitely has helped me understand some concepts though. It's not my religion, but an extremely useful tool.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineDankBluntZ
We know little
Loc: florida
Re: Are you stoned when you come to S&P [Re: Ravus]
    #3842866 - 02/27/05 08:20 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I see what Gomp is getting at, how it brings you back to the basics , its almost like you can only focus on 1 thing at a time so your too relaxed get stuck up in thoughts about stupid shit that can annoy you when sober.

Reminds me of tripping too but tripping is differnt somehow. Its like i can be extremely focused on multiple things at once as if i was only thinking of one thing but im actually extremely tuned in on a bunch of different things at once.

^^

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: Are you stoned when you come to S&P [Re: DankBluntZ]
    #3842896 - 02/27/05 08:26 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I'm fortunate enough to not get effected negatively from weed. I suppose I'm a bit more of a prissy stoner and I watch my habits, but I seriously don't have any real bad memory problems or smokers cough, etc. My friends all forget our stoned conversations, and it really sucks ass being the only one who can recollect a high conversation verbatim. Blahhh

But no, I don't come to the shroomery when I'm stoned. It's too overwhelming. I can't look at a computer screen for more than 20 minutes stoned before I start getting the spins. I can watch the computer screen flicker (maybe it's just a problem with my refresh rate) but it really bugs my eyes out, colours and text bounce off the screen and I feel 20x more burnt out. But sometimes I come to s&p for 10 minutes, catch a couple good threads until I do something more productive than sit.

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

OfflineIamHungry
Stranger
    #3843490 - 02/27/05 10:04 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I've come here stoned a few times, but I'm one of those people who just gets way too stupid while high. I used to have deep, profound thoughts, but I guess I've outgrown that stage or something because nowadays it renders me completely incapable of coversation and normal functioning. Plus weed makes me fat, which is bad.

--------------------
Here comes the sun, do n do do,
Here comes the sun, and I say,
It's alright...

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3843885 - 02/27/05 10:53 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I had not been intoxicated in any way for months before the first time I posted. I never come here intoxicated in any way. I rarely allow my mind to be clouded...particularly while I am expressing myself. I am not opposed to intoxication, but it should be an occasional thing done under the appropriate circumstances with great respect. At one time in my life I used LSD so rampantly as to lose respect for it's power, I became subject to much delusion during this time. I never use marijuana anymore (been free of that for 15 years)...it kills my thought process. It makes me feel as if I have a bucket over my head and a monkey beating on it with a pipe wrench.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleFreeker
jackaroe
Male User Gallery
Loc: buffalo
    #3843920 - 02/27/05 10:56 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

When I'm stoned I can be so much more productive. I find myself constantly setting goals and reaching them. I am much more focused and intelligent it seems while stoned. It makes me think more artistically and logically. So boo to all you who say weed makes ya dumb because if it does, your most likely not that bright anyway.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Are you stoned when you come to S&P [Re: Freeker]
    #3843951 - 02/27/05 11:00 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

"When I'm stoned I can be so much more productive. I find myself constantly setting goals and reaching them. I am much more focused and intelligent it seems while stoned. It makes me think more artistically and logically. So boo to all you who say weed makes ya dumb because if it does, your most likely not that bright anyway. "

That is what I used to say. You are deluding yourself with false supperiority and arrogance.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleFreeker
jackaroe
Male User Gallery
Re: Are you stoned when you come to S&P [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3843976 - 02/27/05 11:05 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

And who are you to say that. When I am stoned I easily take mounds of work and finish them accurately and productive. Perhaps you never could take the state of being high and use it in an efficient manner.

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#3843983 - 02/27/05 11:07 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I used to smoke weed alot. I abused it and now it makes me feel like the bucket analogy that Huehuecoyotl described. Not to mention that I get super paranoid on it. Annother thing, I definately smoked alot, and I mean ALOT of weed. I can honestly say that weed has done nothing for me and only been a crutch for how much I was previously dissatisfied with my life. I was trying to replace my lack of love for life with weed and it only lead me to smoke more and more.

Weed not only makes me feel mentally paralized, it fills me with the worst paranoia. I have no need for weed.

--------------------
Agent 727

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#3843989 - 02/27/05 11:08 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Being high slows down your response to stimuli...it is a proven fact. My experience with drugs is monstrously extensive...but I do not delude myself anymore.

--------------------

InvisibleFreeker
jackaroe
Male User Gallery
    #3844018 - 02/27/05 11:12 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

This is not a matter of creating delusions. I know for a fact through years of beng high and being not high. I am much more efficient at getting work done while high. The state of being high and doing work at the same time makes me like a robot. I see what I have to do and I finish it no questions asked. Is it really that unusual to see someone respond to weed differently then the average lazy stoner persona.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#3844135 - 02/27/05 11:26 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Then be a robot if that is your aspiration...

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #3844143 - 02/27/05 11:27 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
"When I'm stoned I can be so much more productive. I find myself constantly setting goals and reaching them. I am much more focused and intelligent it seems while stoned. It makes me think more artistically and logically. So boo to all you who say weed makes ya dumb because if it does, your most likely not that bright anyway. "

That is what I used to say. You are deluding yourself with false supperiority and arrogance.

You are deluding yourself with false superiority and arrogance to think that everyone reacts to cannabis like you do. It has made me think more artistically and logically also, and is extremely useful for creating novel ideas and solutions rather than just the preconceived ones that have been taught.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleFreeker
jackaroe
Male User Gallery
    #3844148 - 02/27/05 11:28 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Have you no eye for similes.

"The state of being high and doing work makes me like a robot"

I have no wish to become a robot, I was merely using robot because a robot is programmed to do something and it does it.

InvisibleFreeker
jackaroe
Male User Gallery
Re: Are you stoned when you come to S&P [Re: Ravus]
    #3844169 - 02/27/05 11:32 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I never said everyone responds to cannabis as I do, but while under the influence I find myself more musically inclined and efficient at doing work which I usually wouldnt be able to do as productively.

Beside doing work, the influence of marijuana puts me in a more creative mindset where I like to draw, play music, and play music.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology