Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleoscill8
*bondage fairy*
Anyone use a blasting cabinet...?
    #383770 - 09/02/01 03:40 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

...for a glovebox?

ive seen them around online and absolutely in love with the idea of them- can anyone tell me about them? specifically, what kind of modifications did you have to make to the cabinet (its obviously not air-tight, with input and output holes)... besides plugging them up, what else? would you recommend it? the cheapest ive seen them for is about 70$ + shipping, so next question- where could i get a blasting cabinet locally? i mean, who could i call to see if they carry them? what kinda store?)

are the metal ones better than plastic?
how easy to use are the gloves (i find i need really fitted gloves for small work, like removing caps when printing, etc...)?
is it worth it (as opposed to buying the materials and making one myself out of wood)?

making one im guesstimating will cost about 50$, for the woodcutting, etc. plus i often hit myself with hammers, so who knows if thatll work out or not. so to me- if i could get it locally, it is comparable to building one myself...

any feedback is appreciated- heres a link to a list of blasting cabinets ive found (plus theres more on ebay)- Harbor Freight and search for "blast cabinet"- (damned frames)..

--------------------
? oscill8 2001, 2002
"Any data submitted to Shroomery.org becomes our property"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMordor
cyborg savage

Loc: North
Re: Anyone use a blasting cabinet...? [Re: oscill8]
    #383792 - 09/02/01 04:52 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Blasting Cabinet?!? Funny you mention that, that's what I use. Did use it a few years ago for blasting, then built a blast room and never used the cabinet again ... until now. Perfect for casing and such. It's metal, I put a double layer of poly inside and duct taped the whole thing up. My lid has foam around it's edge so it is air tight. I duct taped all extra holes. I just put everything I need in there and blast it with clorox disinfectant spray and wait 10 mins. $70 is cheap, I paid $250 for all nozzles and such, including sand (still a rip I guess). I would get a pair of really heavy duty gloves or gloves that fit you and build your own out of wood. Handsaw, glue, nails is all you need - and a 1/2 sheet of plywood or particle board. Come to think of it f*** it, just buy the one for $70 (no fuss, no muss). Works great. Here in Canada there are a number of places to get a blasting cabinet - in the States, I don't know.
I really love my cabinet - hope you get one, makes contams a thing of the past when used properly.

It's life. The dark that binds you. - InFlames.

--------------------
It's life. The dark that binds you. - InFlames.

Invisibleoscill8
*bondage fairy*
Re: Anyone use a blasting cabinet...? [Re: Mordor]
    #383954 - 09/02/01 12:33 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for the reply :)

BTW - the link i posted above to Harbor Freight is the best place to get them online, better than Ebay. They have FREE SHIPPING ((theyre like. 40$ to ship on ebay, but the same price)-

--------------------
? oscill8 2001, 2002
"Any data submitted to Shroomery.org becomes our property"

InvisibleDazedSol
old hand

Re: Anyone use a blasting cabinet...? [Re: oscill8]
    #384033 - 09/02/01 03:20 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

You may be able to find one at a machinist supply type of store.....Also the Northern Tool and Supply company(NorthernTool.com) has some nice ones but are little pricey..cheapest one in there is 140 but looks pretty quality.....

Adam,
-=Dazed Sol Productions=-

--------------------
Peace,
Adam

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals