Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineUlisSausage7
seattle
Male

how to smoke salvia?!?!
    #3840249 - 02/27/05 04:52 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

ok, so i got some 10x extract, i hear you need a waterpipe, but i dont have one. i only have a regular pipe, will this do? any other alternatives? how much potency is lost when jsut using a regular pipe

--------------------
Marx said:
good luck with the microscopy 

:whistling:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: how to smoke salvia?!?! [Re: UlisSausage7]
    #3840274 - 02/27/05 05:15 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

you have to hold the flame on the salvia while inhaling and so the smoke is pretty harsh. it's easier to take big tokes with a waterpipe. hold the smoke in for 20-30 secs everytime you take a hit. Be creative and make a waterpipe, it's very easy :thumbup:

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
    #3840280 - 02/27/05 05:18 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hi and Welcome here!

A normal pipe is fine, but it's a bit harsh on your throat.

Here are some good links:

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#3840549 - 02/27/05 09:10 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

make sure you have a decent lighter and keep the bowl lit up while you toke. try to take in and keep in as much as you can.

OfflineKenny7822
Kenny
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: MA, USA
    #3840582 - 02/27/05 09:24 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I hear it is best to use a torch lighter, though it is not required.

Offlinejoecrab
Moon Child

Loc: The Beautiful Suwannee Ri...
Re: how to smoke salvia?!?! [Re: Kenny7822]
    #3840660 - 02/27/05 09:58 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

have fun

--------------------
and the moral of the story is, don't try to meditate on methamphetamines

OfflineSynapticMisfire
Stranger

Re: how to smoke salvia?!?! [Re: joecrab]
    #3840959 - 02/27/05 11:46 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

When using the extract form, a flame-torch lighter is not necessary because a regular lighter can easily burn the volume of extract required for a dose. There is more surface area when using smaller, cut up pieces of extract vs using whole leaves. The shorter the pipe, the less extract you should use. If your throat is sensitive to heat(if you rarely smoke), then I would suggest using a bong; otherwise, a regular glass pipe is fine.

--------------------

Invisiblethepodman
Pod King

Loc: Pod Nightmare
Re: how to smoke salvia?!?! [Re: SynapticMisfire]
    #3840974 - 02/27/05 11:50 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Just remember to hold the flame on the whole time. I have told people this and they still light it for 1/2 second and let it cherry. It is better to hold the flame on.

--------------------
www.drugpolicyalliance.org
"Hey daddy, president Bush tried marijuana, I think I will."

OfflineTheProdigy
People like youjust fuel myfire...

Re: how to smoke salvia?!?! [Re: thepodman]
    #3841035 - 02/27/05 12:05 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yes, it is much better to use a torch lighter. Salvorin-A has a much higher vaporization point than say... marijuana or nicotine. Although I have tried to use a regular lighter and not a water pipe/bong before, the effects I felt were greatly reduced. Keep in mind to hold the flame on the bowl the entire time (as previously stated) and you do have to keep the smoke inhaled for some time before you exhale. I hold for about 20 secs and then take another hit.

Salvia will blow you away so make sure you are in a setting you are completely comfortable with, it's not a "Party" type drug by any means. Anyways, good luck and happy tripping.

--------------------

If you haven't gone to http://www.boohbah.com while you are tripping... it's a must.

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Re: how to smoke salvia?!?! [Re: TheProdigy]
    #3841206 - 02/27/05 12:48 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I tried salvia again the other day. I had some visual distortion and a relaxing high. Didn't break through though.

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

OfflineSynapticMisfire
Stranger

Re: how to smoke salvia?!?! [Re: MeThoD]
    #3841270 - 02/27/05 01:02 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

If you use a relatively short glass pipe and a Bic lighter, you'll need less of the extract material. If you decide to use a torch lighter, I would recommend using a bong because the smoke can be EXTREMELY hot/harsh. You'll also need a little bit more material for this method. The flame of a Bic lighter is somewhere around 1300 F.
Just remember that salvinorin a metabolizes so quickly that you need to smoke all of your hits within 2 mins of each other.

"One must keep in mind however, that fortified leaves must be used more carefully because of their greater potency. These products do not need to be smoked in a water-cooled pipe. A torch-flame lighter offers no particular advantage when smoking extract-enhanced leaves because the volume of leaf required can be ignited with sufficient rapidity using an ordinary lighter, or even a match."

http://www.sagewisdom.org/

--------------------

Offlinewharfrat12
Stronger thanDirt

Loc: Sinking beneath the water...
    #3841989 - 02/27/05 03:41 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

first time i tried salvia i had some 10x extract and i used a regular bic lighter and a water bong and i got nothing, did everything i was told/read about to have a successful trip but nothing happened. next time i got ahold of some i was able to grab a torch lighter and im telling u it made all the difference. blowing the smoke out was the last thing i remember and 23 minutes later i woke up spread out on my floor facing the ceiling. great trip tho i found myself walking thru a meadow with the sun shining and trees off in the distant dancing.:thumbup:

good luck

--------------------

"Tell me the cost, I can pay let me go, tell me love is not lost.
Sell everything, without love day to day insanity's king."

OfflineSynapticMisfire
Stranger

Re: how to smoke salvia?!?! [Re: wharfrat12]
    #3842118 - 02/27/05 04:04 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hmmm Interesting... Perhaps it could be compared with smoking a dense nug of put vs smoking shake. The shake is rapidly heated up due to the increased surface area which translates into more concentrated smoke, and increased molecular movement due to the higher temperature and the fact that the flame reached all of the material almost simultaneously.
Now, with those molecules moving faster, wouldn't they be absorbed more efficiently by the alveoli in the lungs? So perhaps the torch is the best way to go, but when you use it, you SHOULD use a bong; otherwise, it's unbearably harsh. This means you have to waste more of the material because of the size of the smoking device. With that said, I think a small glass pipe(no longer than 6 inches) and a bic lighter are almost ideal for smoking SD extract.

--------------------

Offlineorgandonor
Stranger

Loc: St. Petersburg, FL
    #3842516 - 02/27/05 05:06 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

yeah Ive smoked salvia like 3 times with no effects kinda felt out of it though. maybe bad salvia

--------------------
They say that dreams are only real as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?

OfflineSynapticMisfire
Stranger

Re: how to smoke salvia?!?! [Re: organdonor]
    #3842635 - 02/27/05 05:31 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Maybe a SMALL water pipe and a torch would be the best combination...I guess I'll have to find out...

--------------------

OfflineCaptain_Tripps
Stranger
    #3842742 - 02/27/05 05:58 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

The torch lighter DOES make a HUGE difference. If you have 10x a bic will do fine but with leaves,you pretty much NEED a torch flame lighter or else nothing will happen.

OfflineUlisSausage7
seattle
Male

Re: how to smoke salvia?!?! [Re: Captain_Tripps]
    #3842869 - 02/27/05 06:21 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

so if i use a wooden pipe and a torch lighter, then how much less potent would that be than a torch lighter and a water bong?

--------------------
Marx said:

OfflineSynapticMisfire
Stranger

#3842926 - 02/27/05 06:31 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Depends on the chamber size; the bigger the pipe, the more room there is for residue to accumulate along the sides. If anything, the smoke would be a lot more potent(assuming the wooden pipe is smaller than the bong) and unbearably harsh because the smoke is so hot and there's no water for it to filter through.

--------------------

OfflineUlisSausage7
seattle
Male

#3843742 - 02/27/05 08:37 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

and as to the second post (i think) is there an easy way to make a water pipe?

--------------------
Marx said:

Anonymous

#3844146 - 02/27/05 09:27 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Indeed there is a way to make a water pipe easily!  :smile:

Materials required:
-Regular sized water bottle
-Ball point pen
-Tin foil or metal cap
-Bubble gum
-Something sharp

Take the bottle, cut a small slit in the side about half way down.  Disasemble the pen, and put the pen tube through the hole, small side down.  The pen should go into the bottle at a 45 degree or so angle, half in, half out.  Put chewed bubble gum around the opening.  Make a bowl with tin foil (or metal cap) and put it on the side of the pin that is outside the bottle.  Remove bottle cap, fill with water so water is above pen opening.  Cut a small hole for a carb above the water line, and you have yourself a fast water pipe.

BTW. smoked some Salvia today for the first time, here's a trip report: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3844323/an/0/page/0

Peace, good luck.

edit: added trip report

Edited by DirtyHippie (02/27/05 10:37 PM)

InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger

Loc: Texas
edible pipe [Re: ]
    #3844307 - 02/27/05 09:53 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

You can make a regular pipe out of an apple. :muppet:

Get a knife and cut a shallow cylindrical piece from the top of the apple (around the stem). This is where you put your salvia/weed/tobacco.

Next get an empty pen tube and stab your apple so the tube emerges at the bottom of the hole you just made. You need to get the apple out of the pen tube somehow after this.

Then use tinfoil to cover the apple, pushing in with your finger a small depression at the top. If you have any spore syringes you can poke little holes in the depression, otherwise you'll need a pin or a tack to do so (this is the filter).

Suck the pen tube to test whether you're getting a good draw. If the pen tube is not fitting snugly anymore you can put maple syrup or honey around where it enters the apple (and cover with tinfoil).

When you're done using you can eat it or just leave it in the fridge for later. This is more for when you have no money to get a decent pipe.

Offlinerdnp2035
Stranger

Re: edible pipe [Re: lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl]
    #3844427 - 02/27/05 10:24 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Haha, don't make a pipe out of an apple. That's sad.
I've had the same sherlock for years..you only need one pipe forever if you take care of it.
I think the hype about torch lighters and a bong for salvia is over done. While my pipe is bigger than what most people seem to smoke out of, its still a straight pipe...and I've been able to get Plenty high off salvia using it and a normal lighter. Plenty..don't worry about it..just smoke it..if you dare!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag