Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineOnetwothree
This is MajorTom
 Arcade Champion: Space Runner

Stealth Teks
    #3840039 - 02/27/05 04:18 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

For all the people out there who are paranoid to the max about apartment tenants wandering into their pad (me!); have room mates who are from the bible belt; have parents who disaprove of psychoative drug use (don't they all?)... whatever the reason may be... I figured it'd be nice to get a consolidated thread of current and effective techniques for hiding the grows.

I'll start it off with some of my ideas.

- The obvious 50 gal tub setup where everything is hidden within as many tubs as you need.  Someone might miss it in a quick over-scan with their eyes, but further investigation is going to lead to trrrrrouble! :wink:

- Perhaps... finding some inexpensive hardwood chests (may not be easy finding them cheap) around the same size as a 50 gal'er... line them with celophane, then line that with plastic, seal where the lid meets the body with rubber on both rims... and basically do the "stick everything in tubs" technique, except, with lockable trunks.  *shrug*  Will look really suspicious to say the least, but it's locked, and it's your property... if they (the five-o, or apt tenants) "broke" into it, wouldn't the charges get dismissed unless they had a warrant?

- If you have one of those fancy beds with drawers under them... well, there's an obvious hiding spot.  If you don't, consider installing some 'temp' pullout drawers (not really even attached to the bed, just resting under it on rollers and tracks... home-made style), and stick whatever size tupperware/whatever fits under the bed.

- What to do with your supplies?  Well, you don't want people asking about your garden if you live on the fifth floor of a NYC apartment that is connected to 100 feet of building in both directions.  Best idea to me, would be to throw it all in a tupperware/rubbermaid (in an organized fashion of course), stick the lid on, and put that baby on the top shelf of your closet.

- I saw Agar post on a different thread about putting your inoc. jars into a filing drawer if the hum/temp is sufficient.  And if it's not... I'm sure there's a way to humidify a drawer.  (Plastic over the top, seal up holes, internal humidification)

- Do anything possible not to draw attention towards you, your apartment, and more importantly, your grow.  Be smart... you don't want a bunch of drugged up people in and out of your place -- your neighbors will take note.

Who else has ideas?  I know one thing I haven't really seen around here, is install hearing impaired fire alarms, and disable the pre-built ones if you're living in an apartment.  If you're home and it goes off, you will know -- it has a very powerful strobe light that will wake your ass up if you're asleep; however it doesn't have a beep, and won't be part of the buildings regular alarm system.  If it goes off when you're gone, no one's gonna be busting in to turn it off and stumbling across your three lbs of mush sitting on the table... and to be quite honest I'd rather have my place burn up and let insurance cover everything than spend 30 years in jail and lose everything.  :-X

--------------------
Free Spore Ring Canada

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinekam
Stranger

Loc: Vermont
Re: Stealth Teks [Re: Onetwothree]
    #3840465 - 02/27/05 10:07 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

There's always the Invitro growing techinque. The shrooms never have to leave the jars until harvest. The only downside is deformed looking fruits and lower yields.

Check out http://mycotopia.net

Invisibledobinky
infoseeker
 User Gallery
Loc: Wiki, Kentucky
Re: Stealth Teks [Re: Onetwothree]
    #3840483 - 02/27/05 10:19 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

in a closet....

--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation